Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Prophecy (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 2, 2011
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/6/11 episode "Prophecy" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Enthropii

[2]May 2, 2011
    • level: 23
    First! Feels good to be back.

I enjoyed the previous episode, so I hope this will be good too. After all, the end is nigh.

CaptainHarkness

[3]May 2, 2011

It'll be nice to actually see Kara and Oliver meet on-screen. I wonder if she'll have any scenes with Clark?

RaizenYusuke

[4]May 2, 2011
    • level: 28
    Is this the last episode to have Kara in it? I am surprised. I wasn't expecting her to come back except maybe the finale. It's about time Kara meets the rest of the League. I hope this episode gives us some indication that Clark has been in contact with his cousin. Shame on the writers if she does not even know Clark is getting married.

04dknight

[5]May 3, 2011
    • level: 4
    In the trailer somone in e blue top buts the legion ring on

Speculation is that is kara in her costume, so she goes to the future like to when clark is superman so that will tell you why she inst in the final

KingofIPirates

[6]May 6, 2011
    • level: 32
    Bland episode with weak storytelling, Lois putting on the control device was mind-numbingly moronic as well as her reasoning for breaking it off with Clark.

EmeraldWarrior

[7]May 6, 2011
    • level: 37
    What the hell????? They get married in the first part, what changes????? Now we have to wait a week, damn them!!!!

alirk

[8]May 6, 2011
    • level: 22

Ok episode...Looking forward to next week's finale!

game_man1

[9]May 6, 2011
    • level: 8

EmeraldWarrior wrote:
    What the hell????? They get married in the first part, what changes????? Now we have to wait a week, damn them!!!!

yeah that surprised me cause the photo's of the finale show them getting married. ugg i hate how they are being so tight lipped about what is gonna happen in the finale. but i guess that makes it more exciting.

in regards to the episode i like that they took a brief moment to show a bunch of different DC villains that part was pretty cool. makes me think these are the guys they wanted to get on the show but didn't make the cut.

Edited on 05/06/2011 7:36pm

thribs

[10]May 6, 2011

So the toyman invents Starro? I prefer the comic version.

Does anyone know if they are planning to make TV movies after the finale? It would be nice to have some adventures of him being superman!

game_man1

[11]May 6, 2011

thribs wrote:

So the toyman invents Starro? I prefer the comic version.

Does anyone know if they are planning to make TV movies after the finale? It would be nice to have some adventures of him being superman!

well its hard to believe that they haven't considered spin-offs but so far i don't think there's been anything mentioned.

RaizenYusuke

[12]May 6, 2011

Those star controlling devices were supposed to be Starro? It was a really confusing episode. From got Kara was never supposed to help Clark and it was all just one trial to make him step up (seems like bs to me since his son was already doing that) and so he doesn't want Kara to show up Clark (i.e. don't take his destiny) and tells her to join the Legion of Superheroes because apparently Clark has to beat Darkness on his own..... The writers thought it was smart to break Clark and Lois up to have them reconcile for the finale, as if they did not have enough cover in the finale already. Toyman gathering villains together for a plot ok. Oliver digs up GK to use on Clark under Darkseid's command. It was lame that the writers didn't even seem fit to have Kara say goodbye to Clark. Sending her to the future to keep her out of the finale I can understand, but not having her say goodbye to her cousin is just messed up.

I didn't like this episode. Jor-El really pissed me off with how he manipulated Clark yet again. Where the hell was this when Clark was with Lana? He basically just says Clark has to do it all on his own because getting help messes up his destiny somehow. They just threw the whole Clark and Lois break in there for the sake of drama (they really shouldn't be adding more plots to the finale which has way too many things to cover even for two hours) I liked Clark realized he has to make his own way. He deactivates Jor-El computer because he now knows what he has to do and no longer needs either of father's gudience because they instilled with the lessons he needs. It is really good to finally see Clark develop. I am glad that we have stopped seeing Clark's development being stalled anymore. I am worried the finale will be a let down and won't focus on Darkseid as much as they should in favor of Clark and Lois story, Oliver's etc.

RustyBattleship

[13]May 6, 2011
    • level: 7

I agree with Raizen. This episode left a lot more to be desired. I was hoping it would lead up to a strategy to destroy Darkside.

I agree also that Jor El was too over controlling. Sending Kara out of the picture was a big mistake. The scene of the traditional Superman suit frozen in ice is confusing. Since Clark pulled the plug, it indicates he will not return to the FOS and retrieve the suit (though the shadow of him showing a flowing cape teases us that he will).

The ending between Clark and Lois was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I just hope the finale next week will straighten things out. But I'm afraid it will be a disappointment. What a shame as it was generally a very entertaining show but is getting very complicated and confusing.

After all, the finale will be shown on a FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH.

antdude

[14]May 7, 2011
    Soso episode. I like the villains though that reminded me of old SuperFriends. Bring on series finale. I am pretty much done with this ten seasons old series!

thribs

[15]May 7, 2011

I am also worried that the last episode is going to be a dissappointment. They should of got the people who did DS9 to write the last couple of episodes as I argue that show had the best finale episode!

soccer23123

[16]May 7, 2011
    • level: 12

Well here it is; the second last episode of the most AWESOME SHOWS EVER. It was good. Glad to see more of Oliver Queen (:

And Kara

MuhammadShah

[17]May 7, 2011

I really liked this episode. And the finale is gonna be great!

Part 1 - JLA VS Legion of Doom

Part 2- Clark vs. Darkseid?

dragon22a

[18]May 7, 2011
    • level: 32

I like how Clark was trying to teach Lois about his powers. Like when she said that superhearing involved the squint and the head nod. I loved Clarks reaction when he just said apparently. It was made even better with the glasses on, just made him look very classic Clark Kent.

The Legion of Doom was a nice touch with each one having it out for their respective hero. Toyman was pretty menacing in this episode far more than in the comics. It would be nice if it turned out that Lex is the real mastermind.

The Kara/Oliver storyline was a bit in the middle. It was nice to have a reference to the new gods with Orion but having the whole quest be undone by Granny was a bit of a cop out. That being said, the Kara story was given a proper ending that falls in line with Justice League. I liked the conversation with her and Jor El also. How he knew that it would soon be time for his son to take hold of his destiny and leave Jor El behind.

As for the ending, I had a feeling that there would be some bumps on the way to the wedding but it is not a big surprise given the release of the images for the finale.

The question I have is why the references to the Gold Kryptonite. Could this play out in the finale, clark loses his powers so that he could marry Lois only for him to have to regain it to fight Darkseid. It would fall to whether Clark would risk the world for Lois.

CaptainHarkness

[19]May 7, 2011

I liked Oliver and Kara's quest and having them finally interact but Granny coming in last minute really ticked me off. I wonder how long into the finale it will be before Oliver fights off the darkness and remembers the quest? As good as it was having Kara back I really wasn't a fan of that exit. For one she should've at least said goodbye to Clark and another thing the Legionring kinda came out of nowhere. How'd she know about them? Did Jor-El know about them?

With all that said I'm looking forward to the grand finale. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for no mind wipes.

mattbiale

[20]May 7, 2011

Granny destroying Orion's bow wont matter. (and dont complain about spoilers, if you havent watched the episode, you shouldnt be on this board in the first place). It said on the bow "the power comes from within". Oliver has to break free from Darkseid's control, just like Orion did, then he can send Darkseid back. The bow itself is meaningless.