Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Prophecy (possible spoilers)

04dknight

[21]May 8, 2011
    • level: 4
    mattbiale wrote:

Granny destroying Orion's bow wont matter. (and dont complain about spoilers, if you havent watched the episode, you shouldnt be on this board in the first place). It said on the bow "the power comes from within". Oliver has to break free from Darkseid's control, just like Orion did, then he can send Darkseid back. The bow itself is meaningless.

Yeah thats what I was thinking? I dont think I bow actually does anything? I think its just a symbol to those infected by darksied, telling them that the power comes within, and you can break free ntohing can do it for you.

Someone How I think GG thought the bow was a weapon just like oliver did, but maybe its not, maybe it had some power to it? but the only way to defeat darksied, maybe oliver can fight darksied like orion did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaiCSC

[22]May 8, 2011
    • level: 17

I didn't like it. I promised I wasn't going to get to riled up especially when we are so close to the end which is something I've been wanting for ages but as is usual Smallville really fumbles in it's final few episodes.

OKI suppose it was alright but this whole Clark and Jor-El thing is really getting confusing and annoying, why can't they get the story straight, what the hell reason for Jor el acting like this, Why did Clark go to Jor El to ask his permission when he's know things will get ****ed up especially when Jor-El has disowned him citingterriblereasons why.

Kara not saying goodbye to Clark was annoying, this whole good and evil balance to defeat Darkseid speaks to me that Clark, the ultimate force for Good will team up with Lex, the ultimate bad so they can stop him, which is a decent idea but is kind of predictable, though only if you have knowledge of Lex returning.

Lois and Clark. The scene when she was trying to get to grips with Clark's hearing was well handled but having her not wanting to marry Clark is just irritating. I'm sorry this is shameless padding.

Toyman's Legion of Doom? Why is Metallo there? No seriously, why was he there? Last we saw he left on good terms.

High points though, great to see Granny Goodness back, Tess, played by Cassidy Freeman who's pretty, Audrey Hepburn pretty, (yeah I said it, but i need one more way describe her beauty for next weeks episode, gonna have to work on that.) was OK but seemed a little inept, why didn't she use a sample of Kryptonite that's in watchtower to slow Lois down when she was choking Clark.

Oh well, Finale next week. As much as i've *****ed and moaned Smallville has returned to a state where i'm gonna be sad to see it go.

Enthropii

[23]May 8, 2011
    • level: 23
    The episode was rubbish.

04dknight

[24]May 8, 2011
    JaiCSC wrote:
    Toyman's Legion of Doom? Why is Metallo there? No seriously, why was he there? Last we saw he left on good terms.

Urmm How did lois end up working for him? and same with stargirl? they had all had that star thing in their neck controling them meaning toy man could tell them what he wanted to do an they would do it without question

What do you think the rest of the legion had in them? properly the same thing which is how mello is their, toyman would know he has a krypntite heart therefore every strong against clark

Toy man would wanna control him

thribs

[25]May 8, 2011
    • level: 8

The episode reminded me of that Lois & Clark episode but not as enjoyable.

jwgrlrrajn

[26]May 8, 2011
    • level: 23
    thribs wrote:

The episode reminded me of that Lois & Clark episode but not as enjoyable.

^^This. Seriously, Clark losing his powers and someone else gaining them. Done. To. Death.

Mildly interesting episode. Somehow, Kara managed to NOT irritate the crap out of me. She was just kind of "there," as in, her part could have been filled by any random female.

Lois was dumb in this ep, though. 'Nuff said.

MagicalMeow

[27]May 9, 2011
    • level: 2

Could have been a great episode, but AGAIN the writers screwed it up. The last part of the ep should have been something like, the camera would pan out, and they where floating, then go for a fly around so he has all of the powers. Not this breaking up relationship nonsense.

Part of the final will be wasted with them getting back together. This is suppose to lead on to an epic final, but instead we got this.... what the hell?? Again this leaves me thinking that the final episode will not be satisfying. With the poor writing mid season, and this... ughhh doesn't leave me with a good feeling at all.

There where some good points about the ep with the league of bad guys, what looked like soloman grundy, black mantis, and captain cold amongst others. Not sure about the star thing as it's suppose to be an alien thing, not a device; besides that it was a rushed plot point a la mid season writing.

Oh well, we will see how it all goes.

kanniballl

[28]May 9, 2011
    • level: 18

Eh, I'm alright with Lois taking the reigns of the whole "I have super powers" thing. We've seen it already with other characters, but this time it was Lois so we got her slant on it.

And Clark finally deactivated Jor-El which I see as a mixed blessing. On one hand, he's one step closer to being his own man. On the other hand, that was his last father... he's run out of them. So that's a little sad that he can't just shoot the breeze with any of his fathers anymore.

HOWEVER... Toyman

What. The. Heck.

Now the Toyman, and perhaps whoever's in his little team, know Clark Kent is The Blur (and will thus know he's Superman).

Lois finding out so early in the career? OK
    Lex finding out? Eh, alright I guess.
    A bunch of other people learning his secret? OK
    Doomsday / Jimmy / etc? sigh

But flippin' Toyman?!?!?

Edited on 05/09/2011 9:30am

MagicalMeow

[29]May 9, 2011
    • level: 2

kanniballl wrote:

Eh, I'm alright with Lois taking the reigns of the whole "I have super powers" thing. We've seen it already with other characters, but this time it was Lois so we got her slant on it.

And Clark finally deactivated Jor-El which I see as a mixed blessing. On one hand, he's one step closer to being his own man. On the other hand, that was his last father... he's run out of them. So that's a little sad that he can't just shoot the breeze with any of his fathers anymore.

HOWEVER... Toyman

What. The. Heck.

Now the Toyman, and perhaps whoever's in his little team, know Clark Kent is The Blur (and will thus know he's Superman).

Lois finding out so early in the career? OK
    Lex finding out? Eh, alright I guess.
    A bunch of other people learning his secret? OK
    Doomsday / Jimmy / etc? sigh

But flippin' Toyman?!?!?

Yeah, too many people know his identity. Lex was probably the worst of the lot. Doesn't matter much with doomsday, he is just a killing machine that doesn't crop up that often. Jimmy knowing was also a daft idea, and toyman knowing.... yeah shoddy writing as per usual.

Farmerluk2

[30]May 9, 2011
    • level: 6
    I assume there's going to be some kind of reset, which sucks, as even having Lex know is bad, but Toyman etc.
    Toyman himself isn't so bad, as Clark pointed out he won't tell as that means their games end, but still...

pgsuperfan

[31]May 9, 2011
    • level: 25

so is the wedding off ??

04dknight

[32]May 10, 2011
    pgsuperfan wrote:

so is the wedding off ??

It is for now, but I doubt that will last, we shoulf get a happy ending for lois clark, well Both Tom welling and the procudures say that

kanniballl

[33]May 10, 2011

04dknight wrote:
    pgsuperfan wrote:

so is the wedding off ??

It is for now, but I doubt that will last, we shoulf get a happy ending for lois clark, well Both Tom welling and the procudures say that

The Kryptonsite spoilers imply that the wedding bit isn't over yet... so my guess is something will happen.

thribs

[34]May 10, 2011
    • level: 8

I honestly couldn't give a **** about the wedding, I just want to see more Darkseid!

antdude

[35]May 13, 2011
    • level: 27
    thribs wrote:

I honestly couldn't give a **** about the wedding, I just want to see more Darkseid!

Ditto. Frak the romance.

kanniballl

[36]May 13, 2011

antdude wrote:
    thribs wrote:

Ditto. Frak the romance.

Eh, don't get me wrong. Given the choice between one or the other I'd rather have 2 hours (or 84 minutes I guess) dedicated to Darkseid and Lex.

But even in the comics, Clark's relationship plays a role in the story I'd hope that bit wouldn't take more than 1/3 of the finale.

With all of the setup of the relationship and wedding, I'd want at least some resolution to it. Even if they wrap up that segment before the first commercial break.

Think of it this way, if you hate the relationship bit then compare it to a bad movie you sat through for 90% of the way. At that point, would you rather at least see the final scene/climax/conclusion or have the tape melt on the projector and have it be a completewaste of time.

SupermanNYC

[38]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 45
    kanniballl wrote:

antdude wrote:
    thribs wrote:

Ditto. Frak the romance.

Eh, don't get me wrong. Given the choice between one or the other I'd rather have 2 hours (or 84 minutes I guess) dedicated to Darkseid and Lex.

But even in the comics, Clark's relationship plays a role in the story I'd hope that bit wouldn't take more than 1/3 of the finale.

With all of the setup of the relationship and wedding, I'd want at least some resolution to it. Even if they wrap up that segment before the first commercial break.

Think of it this way, if you hate the relationship bit then compare it to a bad movie you sat through for 90% of the way. At that point, would you rather at least see the final scene/climax/conclusion or have the tape melt on the projector and have it be a completewaste of time.

Good post and I agree.