Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Possible incest on Smallville?

mtb9

[1]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 3

If Tess is a Luthor, wouldn't it be incest if she had a sexual relationship with Lex Luthor as mentioned in a few of the season 8 episodes of Smallville. Did the writers forget this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anthem47

[2]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 7
    Well for what it's worth, she didn't know she was a Luthor at the time. There's quite a few cases of that, siblings who don't know they are siblings falling for each other. Other than not being good for genetic diversity, I wonder what that says about what we look for in people.

Enthropii

[3]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 23
    mtb9 wrote:

If Tess is a Luthor, wouldn't it be incest if she had a sexual relationship with Lex Luthor as mentioned in a few of the season 8 episodes of Smallville. Did the writers forget this?

Were they explicit about it? I mean I know she always had this weird admiration for him, but I don't think it was ever explicitly stated as being sexual.

hapat

[4]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 14
    Yeah I don't think it was ever really stated, but it was hinted at. Kinda nasty, but they didn't know, so not as nasty as it could be.

mattb333

[5]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 4
    plus i think Tess is lex's half sister.. so i guess that makes it a littllllee less nasty..

CaptainHarkness

[6]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 23

I know she loved him but I'm not sure if there was ever any mention of her having relations with him. We may never know.

propop

[7]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    I kinda think Lex might know about Tess being a Luthor. If Lex gets to make an appearance in this final season I think Lioneland or Lex will play Tess with that 'family vunerability' that we know she has. Its going to be interesting, and I for one (just like Lionel) wouldn't wanna miss how it all turns out!

titan4lizife

[8]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    She did love Lex (she said so) but I don't think they ever had that type of relationship. And Tess is doubly vulnerable when it comes to Lex because not only did she love him like that but she also loved him as a mother. I wonder how this season will end for her...

dragon22a

[9]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 32
    I don't think that it was sexual. I think that he found her at a bad point in her life and brought her back from that. He trained her and let him into his inner circle. My guess is that he knew that she was his half sister and wanted to use her and exploit her. Plus, if necessary, she had some genetic match to him in case he could not clone organs or needed blood from him.

RaizenYusuke

[10]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 28
    I always got that vibe myself. Lex was never one who could keep in his pants. I imagine she was like the DCAU Mercy where she was devoted to him and he basicly used her to further is own goals or scratch an itch or two. I think that was originally intended, but with the sister plot we will never know for sure. Unless the season 10 dvd says something about it. However Lex being Lex he probably found out or knew. Lionel might have even told him something so his son wouldn't be grandpa to inbreed kids.