TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Ratings are falling.

antdude

[1]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 28
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44703
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Enthropii

[2]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 23
    About bloody time.

-Master_K-

[3]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 37

Unless Clark finally wears the blue and red Superman costume, Smallville is most likely not going to recover.

trikst4

[4]Apr 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    The series should have come to an end last year..
    But they dragged it on.
    They need to have an epic finish, where clark wears red and blue and takes on zod and co...
    Obviously its getting bad and they are draggin it on too long.
    It should have ended a while ago and it looks like the integrity of the show will only decrease.
    It really needs to come to an end this season!

jwgrlrrajn

[5]Apr 20, 2010
    • level: 23
    A tenth season has already been ordered, so it won't be ending next season, but hopefully, this will show that they need to end it next season, so they can go out with a bang. (as opposed to a cliffhanger)

number1topdog

[6]Apr 20, 2010
    • level: 4

ok im getting tired of hearing this f#king bull **** all over the place and no one correcting anyone the only reason's they seem to be lower is

1.Because the Stupid ass baseball game that was put in its place and half the people like me who watch the show couldn't see it on friday.

2.These long breaks between new episodes hell my cousins watch and didint even know it was back on till after checkmate.

3. As Always the CW's Lack of promotion they didin't even put a trailer for the next episode how wacked is that i had to see some lame 90210 trailer thanks douchbags.

And you know i think there's another Stupid ass baseball game on friday thats gonna block people from watching again so that we have to watch it on saturday and the ratings will still be crap.

Im not saying that the show is the best show of all time or anything like that but it has been alot better and more enjoyable than it has in a while.

All of you people saying it should have ended are you serious do you really think we would have gotten a decent ending because i dont if they want to keep putting more DC Comics Characters in it that have and will not ever been seen in any medium other than comics than thats fine by me.

I Like the Show For Wat it is if you dont fine go watch some reality tv if thats wat your into.

-Master_K-

[7]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 37

number1topdog wrote:

ok im getting tired of hearing this f#king bull **** all over the place and no one correcting anyone the only reason's they seem to be lower is

1.Because the Stupid ass baseball game that was put in its place and half the people like me who watch the show couldn't see it on friday.

2.These long breaks between new episodes hell my cousins watch and didint even know it was back on till after checkmate.

3. As Always the CW's Lack of promotion they didin't even put a trailer for the next episode how wacked is that i had to see some lame 90210 trailer thanks douchbags.

And you know i think there's another Stupid ass baseball game on friday thats gonna block people from watching again so that we have to watch it on saturday and the ratings will still be crap.

Im not saying that the show is the best show of all time or anything like that but it has been alot better and more enjoyable than it has in a while.

All of you people saying it should have ended are you serious do you really think we would have gotten a decent ending because i dont if they want to keep putting more DC Comics Characters in it that have and will not ever been seen in any medium other than comics than thats fine by me.

I Like the Show For Wat it is if you dont fine go watch some reality tv if thats wat your into.

I don't think anyone thinks it should end.... I think it's so stupid that because the series is called 'Smallville' they can't focus on his life as Superman (in the red and blue tights). Clark has long since left Smallville even though he still resides there. There's so many stories the writers of the show could tell (regardless of the budget) if they had Clark flying and in the tights... it'd feel like a whole new show and I think it'd be nice to see Clark having to balance out his relationship with Lois and saving Metropolis. Kinda like the Dean Cain series.

Edited on 04/21/2010 5:14pm

number1topdog

[8]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 4

Ya Master K i agree that's wat should happen next year.

The show does piss me off some times greatly about the no flight when everyone and there mothers can fly but him i think that the show would be in a greater place if at the end episode of season 5 Arrival clark went to the back to the Fortress and trained for 5 years then showed up saving people in Metropolis as Superman with Lex Being The Full on Comics Version but not be in every episode i think thats wat kinda brought the greatness of his character down and you know the one character who slowed the progression of the show and messed it up Lana Lang was gone after season 3 the show wouldn't have been held back so much and the budget would still be were it was if not higher back then.

troy0927

[9]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 2

its just the same thing every week, the show need a change to draw new fan with the old one and it will go back up. some changes like making him fly

thecrapgamer

[10]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 7
    People tend to forget that they record how many people use a DVR to record the program and watch it.

It's one of the most popular shows on tivo.

that70sshow2000

[11]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    The ratings decline are due to the show being on Fridays now and a lot of fans automatically stop watching after one or more regulars leave no matter what the storyline is after. Season 8 still had enough of Lana and LEX, but s9 has not.

cube2k8

[12]May 10, 2010
    • level: 14

i think the ratings have been fallen but it is kind true with the dvr people just record things. now of days. so i think the show is good but some things need to change like he needs to fly i think