Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Rewatching series and i found a mistake by the writers

Zawman13

[1]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 3

In season 2 episode 7 "Lineage", Chloe states that her mother left her at the age of 5, that she woke up one morning and found her dad in the kitchen making pancakes. However in season 7, 8, or 9, i dont remember which, i havent gotten to it yet, there is a scene, i believe at thebeginningof the episode when chloe's mom is controlling meteor infected people, where her mom leaves with orderlies and says goodbye to chloe, whichcontradictsthe previous story of when her mom left.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

liam1989f

[2]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 1

She was lying from what i remember either that or later on she found out her mum was put in a mental hospital which turned out not to be a mental hospital but one of the labs for meteor freaks cant really remember it to well long time since watched it was after chloe found out she was a meteor freak like

phatprincess86

[3]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 4

Zawman13 wrote:
    In season 2 episode 7 "Lineage", Chloe states that her mother left her at the age of 5, that she woke up one morning and found her dad in the kitchen making pancakes. However in season 7, 8, or 9, i dont remember which, i havent gotten to it yet, there is a scene, i believe at thebeginningof the episode when chloe's mom is controlling meteor infected people, where her mom leaves with orderlies and says goodbye to chloe, whichcontradictsthe previous story of when her mom left.
    The episode you're thinking of, "Progeny," was actually part of season six. Also, the Smallville Wiki clears up the discrepancy here: http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Moira_Sullivan(particularly under 'Early Life').

Edited on 12/06/2011 10:48am

RaizenYusuke

[4]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 28
    Sort of off topic, but the writers have made way bigger mistakes in this series. Metroplis being three hours from Smallville for example it completely dropped and the characters travel back and forth between the places like it is a 20 or 30 minute drive. The Traveler story comes to mind. If Lionel was expecting Clark to arrive on the day of the meteor shower why did he never think Clark Kent was the Traveler when he suspected Clark had a secret?