Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Season 9 stepped up the game

teavodelzell

[1]May 9, 2010
    • level: 8

I think that Season 7 & 8 seemed like they were just trying to hold on and were a bit out of ideas. The fight scene with Doomsday was pretty weak. They defenitely stepped it up in season 9, although I would have liked to see him learn to fly or put on the cape already. I also think that if Season 10 is going to be the last, I would have liked to see Clark and lois hook up a little sooner. From everything I know about superman, Lois and Clark work as a team at the Planet for a while with Perry as their boss and Jimmy as their errand boy for a while before they decide to hook up. The show has barely showed anything about them working together on stories, Jimmy is dead, and Perry is just now coming back into the picture. And he still isnt the Editior yet. Lex was also around when Perry was the Editor. And Lex is supposedly dead. In other showsLex did supposedly die multiple times and returned. So, that could be the case here as well. It would be cool if he returned. I really liked his character. He spiced things up

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XileLord

[2]May 9, 2010
    • level: 2

Stepped up the game? No way infact I'd say season 9 has been one of the worst! The writing is horrible the plot is predictable and clarks past is never reflected on. Episodes which have made smallville so great in the past are never reflected on. Kara has been pretty much written out of the entire series and while her memory has been wiped you'd think clark would at least say something about her. The entire watchtower thing just makes me laugh and how many times have you seen oliver and clark interact this season?

Clark's entire past is just forgotten. Martha hasn't been on the show for what? 2 years now but she shows up and clark is like "Oh hey mom" Jonathan kent is totally forgot about and never mentioned (well at least hes mentioned more then other characters clark has came across in the series). You think clark would visit his grave or something but nope we never see any of that. Jor'els death on earth was poorly done and it would have been nice to see father and son get a bit of screen time but nope the writers pretty much destroyed that.

It's gotten to the point where the show has portrayed clarks past so poorly that we the viewers have forgotten much of what has happened. Halfway through season 6 is when this series started to get really bad.

The characters are so dull and have no background. Zombies in one episode and in the next it's like "oh that didn't happen nope lets just forget about absolutely everything and move forward into a predictable plot" I'm not saying the entire show should be about the past but it's never broguht up.

We get to see perry white again which was cool but despite that we haven't heard much about clark besides zod, kandorians, checkmate and watchtower.

I thought halfway through season 8 that the series was finally starting to pick up again and that clark would FINALLY be able to move forward as a character but he hasn't and it's just rewashed crap over and over and over.

I watch the series because I can't let go of it but seeing clark fight off all of superman's main villains is just a total blow for me as a fan and no reflection on the characters backgrounds just makes it hard to watch at times. It's like clark never learns from his mistakes or any character for that matter.

edit: and what the hell happened to olives side kick he was training? Has she been written off too? Seriously it's like every episode the characters get there memories wiped and forget about absolutely everything.

Edited on 05/09/2010 10:00pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Enthropii

[3]May 10, 2010
    • level: 23
    XileLord wrote:
    I watch the series because I can't let go of it but seeing clark fight off all of superman's main villains is just a total blow for me as a fan and no reflection on the characters backgrounds just makes it hard to watch at times. It's like clark never learns from his mistakes or any character for that matter.
    edit: and what the hell happened to olives side kick he was training? Has she been written off too? Seriously it's like every episode the characters get there memories wiped and forget about absolutely everything.

Well said.

cube2k8

[4]May 10, 2010
    • level: 14

i think to myself alot of things happen in smallville and i do agree season 9 really steped up since season 8 there now showing more fealings towards loise instead of making jokes towards each other. and the fight scenes are more intense since the doomsday was not really all that great with jimmy dieing and things. but yeah season 9 really improved things and perry white is coming back into the scene i think that would be great if they made him the editor by the 10 season to really fufully the story of superman even thought most of the fights against some main villians were not all that great but i think maby the fight with zod in the season final he has i think will be intense and i hope i am right.