Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Should Lex Luthor Return in Smallville Season 10?

Should Lex Luthor Return in Smallville Season 10?

numberone1991

[1]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 7

I think that Lex should return because it began with Lex and Clark becoming friends and should end with Lex and Clark becoming enemies.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Enthropii

[2]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 23
    I said Yes. But not as a main character or anything. If anything, I don't want there to be any face time with Clark. I just want him to be the guy giving interviews on the news about how he has recovered from his father's traumatic death and is now ready to continue the family legacy with both, LuthorCorp and its new parent company, LexCorp.

I want this to be followed by shots of Clark, Ollie and Chloe watching the news in utter shock.

KingofIPirates

[3]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 32
    numberone1991 wrote:

I think that Lex should return because it began with Lex and Clark becoming friends and should end with Lex and Clark becoming enemies.

Uh.. weren't they pretty much enemies the last time we saw them.

LeytonTLA

[4]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 16

yeah i think they were enemies lol but still hell yeah lex should come back, i love him !!! It will be a shame if the show goes on to end without him - i mean him as an actor, i dont like when they just talk about him he should get some screen time

Edited on 03/07/2010 11:27am

alirk

[5]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 22

I think Lex should return for a few eppys. I don't think he needs to be there for the whole season, maybe a good 5-6 eppys at the end of the season.

Kalel18

[6]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 11

Enthropii wrote:
    I said Yes. But not as a main character or anything. If anything, I don't want there to be any face time with Clark. I just want him to be the guy giving interviews on the news about how he has recovered from his father's traumatic death and is now ready to continue the family legacy with both, LuthorCorp and its new parent company, LexCorp. I want this to be followed by shots of Clark, Ollie and Chloe watching the news in utter shock.

I don't see the point, if there isn't going to be any interaction. that would be like the producers thumbing their noses at the fans.

I want him back - not full-time - for a few episodes at least, just for closure. Lex Luthor has always been the most endearing and iconic villain in the Superman universe. And Michael Rosenbaum's portrayal was always one of the high points of the series, IMO.

If Clark is ever to don the tights and cape, (personally I don't care if he does or not) it is only fitting that Lex should be the one to provide the final impetus. So, I'd like to see him back for a three of four episode story arc at the end of the season.

Morspeed

[7]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 9
    Yes, but towards the end of the season.

zepherous35

[8]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 26

I agree with everyone. He should only be in 4-5 episodes. And honestly, I feel he should only interact with Clark in, maybe, one of the episodes. Definitely needs to be Michael though, no one else.

numberone1991

[9]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    i agree about lex coming back but for half of the season but defiantly for the last half of the season so cw bring lex luthor back

FeldmanSkitzoid

[10]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 10

I guess I'm agreeing with everyone else too. Lex should show up in one (or more) of the last couple episodes of the show, to announce to the world that he's not really dead, and to firmly cement the Superman/Luthor rivalry for the future. Ideally, Clark should finally be using the name "Superman", have the costume, and be able to fly.

Edited on 03/26/2010 3:34pm

sporkman5353

[11]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 18

I stopped watching the series in season 6 and gave season 7 a breif try, but i got really bored of lex/lana, and now i love seasons 8 and nine, so i said no, but he should prboably be in the last episode ONLY.

Edited on 03/26/2010 4:26pm

bthomas70809

[12]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 1

Lex Luthor is Superman's arch nemesis. I believe that it should have been a clone of Lex that was killed like Lana lang did to get out of her marriage with Lex. Please bring Lex back but not deformed like his clone was. It should still be Michael Rosenbaum not somebody else.

that70sshow2000

[13]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 15
    sporkman5353 wrote:

I stopped watching the series in season 6 and gave season 7 a breif try, but i got really bored of lex/lana, and now i love seasons 8 and nine, so i said no, but he should prboably be in the last episode ONLY.

If you got bored of it because of Lex/LANA, then why would you only want LEX back for the series finale, since now LANA is gone?

LEX himself is GREAT (cuz of Michael R!), but I agree, Lana got old in season 4. I don't see him coming back... well maybe for half a season or like 5 episodes. But definitely not a FULL season. At the LEASR he said he would the last two episodes of the series.

Kalel18

[14]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 11

Chances are slim that we will see him, unless CW cops-out and brings in a look-alike. Michael Rosenbaum is developing a comedy that SyFy supposedly is interested in. Don't remember where I read the news item, whether it was on TV.com or elsewhere, so sorry, I don't have a link. It is supposed to mirror his actual situation post Smallville. It's about someone coping with unenployment and trying to revive a career after the superhero show he was on was cancelled, or he quit, and he's dealing with typecasting issues, or something along those lines.

antdude

[15]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 27
    Yes, but only if the actor is willing to do it. He's a great actor. And it doesn't need to be full-time too.