Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

The Evolution or devolution of Cloe?

beowulf579

[1]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 59

I have always been a fan of Cloe's up to the last season. Mostly because she had no powers and used her wits, especially in the early days of Smallville. She was cute and a kind friend overall to Clark. Even her backstories involvng her Mom and family was nice and not overdone.

Heck, even when she did get some powers, it wasn't that bad. But then she started being more manipulative. First she destroyed Jimmy emotionally last season just in time to destroy Davis, whom she was trying to keep sane and normal. Then she has been tracking her partners without their knowledge. I don't think Oliver ever did discover it was Cloe that put that tracking device in his belt buckle. She put Oliver in a life or death scenerio. And she somewhat belittles Clark for not trusting her and I don't blame him for not trusting her.

Is there hope for her? In "Warrior" I saw a glimer of her becoming more like old Cloe...until she started flirting with Oliver. Oy vey NO!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Enthropii

[2]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 23
    I was actually okay with her this episode. And the relationship with Oliver was bound to happen. And I'm not shipper, but I think it's an okay pairing.

LJD3Tdance

[3]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 8
    It's easy to have lost a lot of fanship in a lot of things...I know a lot of people already were mad at Smallville, but when they did that Zombie episode earlier this season I said "OK, you just jumped the shark."

roo5151

[4]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    In the comics Oliver Queen has always been a womanizer, so the idea of him suggestively teaching Chloe to fire a bow isn't out of character for him. she is a widow who has only only ever been with jimmy (and maybe groomed by Davis), so let her have her fun while she can, after all Dr Fate said her path will be the same as his, so its not like she is gonna turn into barbara gordon anytime soon.

ilee1990

[5]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    I like the character progression with Chloe. I don't like her spying on the team and I can't help but wonder that it's a setup for another story arc later on. I've wondered what was taking so long for her and Oliver to get it on. They are both single and beautiful and she knows his secrets. Seems like a good start for a love affair. She might just be what Oliver needs to help him focus. God knows *she* needs to get some action in the bedroom.

beowulf579

[6]Feb 15, 2010
    roo5151 wrote:
    In the comics Oliver Queen has always been a womanizer, so the idea of him suggestively teaching Chloe to fire a bow isn't out of character for him. she is a widow who has only only ever been with jimmy (and maybe groomed by Davis), so let her have her fun while she can, after all Dr Fate said her path will be the same as his, so its not like she is gonna turn into barbara gordon anytime soon.

Ok..I've been thinking more on it and I guess Oliver and Cloe isn't a bad pairing. Oh no..does that mean ppl are going to start calling them Cloiver or Oloe?
    Sometimes I find it hard to call her a widow. Sure she is by name, but good grief, did they ever spent any time together after their wedding? From the cuffs, rose petals and such...they seemed to get more done in the bed before they got married.

jwgrlrrajn

[7]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 23
    I don't think that they did get anything done afterwards. (I think if they had waited before doing anything until after the wedding, they might not have been so quick in getting a divorce)

beowulf579

[8]Mar 21, 2010
    I've been thinking on this a little more and something stuck out at me. Has Cloe used her powers to heal anymore? It's been a long time since I remember her doing that.

If Cloe isn't going to live beyond this season, I would love to see Zod finish her off. Mostly for Clark to have a emotional gut wrenching scene where he could kill Zod but doesn't. Or due to her death Clark recreates the JLU scene where Superman uses his heat vision on Mongol..."BURN!!" Sorry if anyone doesn't know the reference but it was cool.

KingofIPirates

[9]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    beowulf579 wrote:
    I've been thinking on this a little more and something stuck out at me. Has Cloe used her powers to heal anymore? It's been a long time since I remember her doing that.
    She pretty much lost those powers after being infected by Brainiac.

lildevilkkb

[10]Mar 21, 2010

i hate her belittling clark, and spying on everybody, but i have to admit i like the oliver/chloe thing.

lildevilkkb

[11]Mar 21, 2010

but it would be cool if she miraculously got them back!

DeviousT22

[12]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 8

I think I like the whole thing honestly. Chloe has always been there in the background getting **** done, and now more is at stake so she is taking a more proactive n serious role. Yeah, someone needs to keep track of all these people in case **** hits the fan, and she is doing it. And her and Oliver, fabulous, she should end up with someone bad ass, because she has been bad ass since the beginning and through now. She's just slicker now, you know she has to be.

I say... Evolution.