Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

when is lois lane's age?

scillaward

[1]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    It's never been meationed on the show, but I know she's older than clark, but by how many years is she older than him. Also, when is her birthday? They showed Chloe, Lana, and Clark's birthday, but never Lois'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aj_the_kidd

[2]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    scillaward wrote:
    It's never been meationed on the show, but I know she's older than clark, but by how many years is she older than him. Also, when is her birthday? They showed Chloe, Lana, and Clark's birthday, but never Lois'.

To tell you the truth i wouldn't have a clue what her age is or her birthday. Maybe shes 21 by now or maybe older.

Enthropii

[3]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    This is Smallville. You either older than Clark, younger than Clark, or the same age as Clark. Other than that there is no real age.

SupermanNYC

[4]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 45
    In Smallville she is older than Clark. On the season where they had her dad, in that episode (Can't remember the name right now) he told her she had to go back to school. Remember, she was in collage and hit that guy on the head and was arrested. Anyway, She's about 2 years older than Clark.

historylover20

[5]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 28

SupermanNYC wrote:
    In Smallville she is older than Clark. On the season where they had her dad, in that episode (Can't remember the name right now) he told her she had to go back to school. Remember, she was in collage and hit that guy on the head and was arrested. Anyway, She's about 2 years older than Clark.

This is a very hard question. I'm being serious.

I'm thinking she's at least a year older than Clark. During his senior year of high school, she was trying to get into college and had to take a few high school classes to earn enough credits (which doesn't work like that in Kansas, but that's beside the point). Clark ended up asking Lex to pull some strings and get her into college.

So, generally a senior in high school is 18 years old. A freshman in college is generally 19 years old. (Unless she really put off college and did her own thing for a while. Which is possible. I'm thinking that she didn't know that she didn't have enough high school credits to get into college by herself. If she would have just graduated, she might have been aware of her lack of credits. OTOH, I'm thinking that this was Lois Lane in season 4 when she wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box.

In that other episode that you mentioned, NYC ("Recruit"), was Lois expelled from college only due to the drinking and assaulting that football at the end of the episode? Or was she expelled because of underage drinking? If it's the former, and the university isn't turning a blind eye, then Lois is at least 21 years old, which would make her at least 3 years older than Clark. If she was kicked out due to underaged drinking, then she's still 19 or 20.

That made sense in my head.

Kat

scillaward

[6]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    I read somewhere that Lois was born around 1985 and was around 4 when the first meator hit. When Clark was sent from Krypton to earth, he was 3 so Lois is about a year older than clark

OdumCarlock

[7]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    Yet in Superman: The Movie Lois is the little 6-7 Year Old Girl who spots the Teenage Clark Kent Racing the Train!

Love that Continuity!

Enthropii

[8]Jun 19, 2008
    OdumCarlock wrote:
    Yet in Superman: The Movie Lois is the little 6-7 Year Old Girl who spots the Teenage Clark Kent Racing the Train!

Love that Continuity!

Yeah. That was a little disturbing.

OdumCarlock

[9]Jun 19, 2008
    Enthropii wrote:
    OdumCarlock wrote:

Love that Continuity!

(Can ya tell I got my Blockbusters in yesterday? watched 1,2 and 3 in one sitting...)

Enthropii

[10]Jun 19, 2008
    OdumCarlock wrote:
    Enthropii wrote:
    OdumCarlock wrote:

Love that Continuity!

(Can ya tell I got my Blockbusters in yesterday? watched 1,2 and 3 in one sitting...)

Haha. Nice. Guess you couldn't handle 4?

OdumCarlock

[11]Jun 19, 2008

I only get 3 at a time... 4's on the way though 3 was bad enough though... Just hearing Clark (Christopher Reeve) say Lana's name made me die a little inside...

Oh and what's that you ask? what's on the way after Superman 4? Lois and Clark Season 1... Oh yeah Gonna marathon that bad boy too!

Edited on 06/19/2008 5:15am
    Edited 2 total times.

Enthropii

[12]Jun 19, 2008
    OdumCarlock wrote:

I only get 3 at a time... 4's on the way though 3 was bad enough though... Just hearing Clark (Christopher Reeve) say Lana's name made me die a little inside...

Oh and what's that you ask? what's on the way after Superman 4? Lois and Clark Season 1... Oh yeah Gonna marathon that bad boy too!

I hate you.

OdumCarlock

[13]Jun 19, 2008
    Enthropii wrote:
    OdumCarlock wrote:

I hate you.
    Get in line

SupermanNYC

[14]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 45
    historylover20 wrote:
    In that other episode that you mentioned, NYC ("Recruit"), was Lois expelled from college only due to the drinking and assaulting that football at the end of the episode? Or was she expelled because of underage drinking? If it's the former, and the university isn't turning a blind eye, then Lois is at least 21 years old, which would make her at least 3 years older than Clark. If she was kicked out due to underaged drinking, then she's still 19 or 20.

Kat

She was expelled do to the assault on that student.

OdumCarlock

[15]Jun 19, 2008
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

She was expelled do to the assault on that student.
    I was gonna say... if she got expelled from College due to underage drinking, Colleges would be empty...

InternalSync

[17]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ That's how I remember it too.

Anyway, I think she's 1 or 2 years older than Clark, but not more than that.

eater11

[18]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    I think she is either 22 or 23.

historylover20

[19]Jun 20, 2008
    scorpionqueen86 wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

She was expelled due to the assault on that student.
    Actually, she was cleared on the assault, but she was still busted for the underage drinking. And that's why they expelled her.

Thank you!

Actually, at my college, you could be expelled for underaged drinking--if you were caught. No alcohol in the dorms. If you were caught, you were expelled. There were ways around that, though.

So, I know that there are still some universities that expell students due to underaged drinking. And, yes, I always wondered how college and universities who do that still have students.

Kat

historylover20

[20]Jun 20, 2008

Double post, but I went back to look at TWoP's recap of Recruit, to see what Lois was expelled for. (Because I don't have access to my DVDs at work!)

And it is....*drum roll*

FOR THE DRINKING!

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/smallville/recruit.php?page=18

Kent Farm. In the barn, Clark is staring out the window. "Knock knock," says a voice from behind. It's Lois. She complains about Clark's not having a door for privacy. Clark smiles at her and says that, for once, he's relieved to hear her voice. He's completely alone on that. Lois thanks Clark for saving her from the Mississippi River. Lois reveals that she's been punted from the university -- not for the kicking, but for the booze.

(Me again. Now, I really want to watch my DVD of this and see if Lois says "Mississippi River." Because the Mississippi River really isn't anywhere near Kansas. It forms Missouri's eastern border. If she said "Missouri River," that would make sense, because that river forms Kansas's northeastern border.)

Kat