Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Who is the worst episode of Smallville?

Who is the worst episode of Smallville?

sleepy-sonic

[1]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 19
    I think that the worst was Noir
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chadjlock

[2]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Subterranean was it for me. It was way off the plot line for the year, and I dislike episodes where nothing is shown about Clark's abilities- like how he stopped the villian underground and we saw nothing of it other than the villian flying through the air and Clark covered with dirt.

To me it soured that episode beyond compare. 'Hero" was a close second.

historylover20

[3]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 28

Power.

Those other episodes you chose were bad. Nice picks. OK, I guess I should say "Bad picks" (and not your fault. You had to keep it to a minimum) But, all of them were at least fun to make fun of. Most of those I don't even remember watching. I remember Hero, Sleeper, Subterranean.

None of those were as bad as "Power."

There was nothing enjoyable about watching "Power." Maybe Allison Mack's directing was enjoyable, but watching it was painful.

Power is the worst episode ever. It's the only episode where I cried. Not because I was moved or anything. I cried because I was mad. There was nothing moving about it. I just p....ed me off.

Kat

borikuarocks

[4]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    The episodes you mentioned were filler episodes. And as bad as a filler episode is, it doesnt really afect the major arc in any way. Power however was a BIG part of the Smallville/Superman arc, and it left a taste of poo in my mouth. So that gets it for me.

sleepy-sonic

[5]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 19
    Oh, i totally forgot about Power but you are right that it was an awfull episode.

borikuarocks

[6]Mar 18, 2009
    sleepy-sonic wrote:
    Oh, i totally forgot about Power but you are right that it was an awfull episode.
    LOL, its Ok, we all try to forget about Power. Im actually jealous, you suceeded where Im still tormented by the images

Enthropii

[7]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 23
    borikuarocks wrote:
    sleepy-sonic wrote:
    LOL, its Ok, we all try to forget about Power. Im actually jealous, you suceeded where Im still tormented by the images

Power and Hero I guess.

historylover20

[8]Mar 18, 2009

Hero, at least for me, is fun to make fun of. It was so awful, but it was campy. It wasn't intending to be a good episode. Same with Sleeper.

Power is much worse. It wasn't trying to be awful, it just was. It's not fun to even make fun of. It was painful to watch. There was nothing in it that lightened it up. There really wasn't a good part to it. It was aiming to be like "Justice," (and you can tell that's what it's aim was. Gotta give Lana a great storyline!) and it didn't hit the target. I can't even think of a fit metaphor to describe how far it missed the target.

Let's face it--as bad as Hero was, the things we can make fun of with it is incredible. But, how do you make fun of Power? Or at least not without bursting into tears over its sheer horror.

I think a lot of us have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from watching Power. (And before you get all up in arms, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with PTSD, so I'm not making fun of anyone.)

Kat

Edited on 03/18/2009 9:51am

borikuarocks

[9]Mar 18, 2009
    historylover20 wrote:

Hero, at least for me, is fun to make fun of. It was so awful, but it was campy. It wasn't intending to be a good episode. Same with Sleeper.

Power is much worse. It wasn't trying to be awful, it just was. It's not fun to even make fun of. It was painful to watch. There was nothing in it that lightened it up. There really wasn't a good part to it. It was aiming to be like "Justice," (and you can tell that's what it's aim was. Gotta give Lana a great storyline!) and it didn't hit the target. I can't even think of a fit metaphor to describe how far it missed the target.

Let's face it--as bad as Hero was, the things we can make fun of with it is incredible. But, how do you make fun of Power? Or at least not without bursting into tears over its sheer horror.

I think a lot of us have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from watching Power. (And before you get all up in arms, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with PTSD, so I'm not making fun of anyone.)

Kat

I feel your pain.

bendylegsnick

[10]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 15
    definitely power, it almost made me vomit

borikuarocks

[11]Mar 18, 2009
    bendylegsnick wrote:
    definitely power, it almost made me vomit
    Never has an episode made me vomit in anger....with exception to "Batman: The Brave and the Bold"

lenzinoH20

[12]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 31
    I think I also would have to go with "Power" as well. That episode was like an insult to the fans intelligence and the worst idea that the writers ever came up with. At least with "Spell", "Thrist", Subteranean" and "Sleeper" the writers knew they were writing bad episodes, but what makes "Power" truly horrible was how seriously it was taken and how the writers made it apart of the Superman mythology given how abysmal the story was.

Enigler

[13]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 8

Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

borikuarocks

[14]Mar 18, 2009
    Enigler wrote:

Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

Yeah but where Hero was a filler episode, Power actually contributed to the major Smallville storyline. Wrath was another filler for me. Nothing happened that moved the story and characters forward

Enigler

[15]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    borikuarocks wrote:
    Enigler wrote:

Yeah but where Hero was a filler episode, Power actually contributed to the major Smallville storyline. Wrath was another filler for me. Nothing happened that moved the story and characters forward

Power actually contributed to the Smallville story line? The whole Lana arc was filler for me. Nothing groundbreaking happened during Lana's stint that moved the story or Clark's journey forward. The only thing to come of the arc was that Lex was/is still alive (or not), the Toyman is creepy, Tess' eyes were open to the truth about the eye implants, and that the power suit exists. All of which could have been done sans Lana Lang. So, I saw Lana's mere presence as filler; thus, my conclusion that "Hero" was just the winner (or loser in this situation) of this poll.

borikuarocks

[16]Mar 18, 2009
    Enigler wrote:
    borikuarocks wrote:
    Enigler wrote:

Power actually contributed to the Smallville story line? The whole Lana arc was filler for me. Nothing groundbreaking happened during Lana's stint that moved the story or Clark's journey forward. The only thing to come of the arc was that Lex was/is still alive (or not), the Toyman is creepy, Tess' eyes were open to the truth about the eye implants, and that the power suit exists. All of which could have been done sans Lana Lang. So, I saw Lana's mere presence as filler; thus, my conclusion that "Hero" was just the winner (or loser in this situation) of this poll.

Your right, Lana was filler, but unfortunaty the episodes themselves were not.

JaiCSC

[17]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 17

Hate to jump on the band wagon here. But Power it was a terrible episode.

The reasons.

Massive step down from truly excellent episodes that preceded it, so it does highlight the flaws more.
    Poor decision with the premise. It was a random idea forcibly instered into a small story arc.
    But what really killed this one, IT WAS BADLY WRITTEN. No episode has been written as badly as POWER has.

Far fetched solutions to minor plot holes from past episodes. Randomly placed flash back sequences with inconsistent lengths making progression hard to follow. Bad continuity problems. Character inconsistency.

Those are the only rational reasons I have for disliking that episode. The rest are are all Lana hate related. But even when i don't include. That episode was just unpleasant for your senses.

historylover20

[18]Mar 18, 2009

I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with "Noir" that 4 people have voted for it. I actually kind of enjoyed "Noir."

Kat

Enthropii

[19]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 23
    historylover20 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with "Noir" that 4 people have voted for it. I actually kind of enjoyed "Noir."

Kat

I was okay with Noir.

azyber1

[20]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    Enthropii wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

I was okay with Noir.

I also like Noir but I also was okay with Power, I dont understand what teh big deal is with that episode for some of you.. anyways I have to pick Subterranean. The episode before Lex asked Lana to marry him and then they had this episode...