Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Who is the worst episode of Smallville?

Who is the worst episode of Smallville?

  • Avatar of sleepy-sonic

    sleepy-sonic

    [1]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 452
    I think that the worst was Noir
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chadjlock

    chadjlock

    [2]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 03/24/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 349
    Subterranean was it for me. It was way off the plot line for the year, and I dislike episodes where nothing is shown about Clark's abilities- like how he stopped the villian underground and we saw nothing of it other than the villian flying through the air and Clark covered with dirt.

    To me it soured that episode beyond compare. 'Hero" was a close second.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of historylover20

    historylover20

    [3]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/06/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,794

    Power.

    Those other episodes you chose were bad. Nice picks. OK, I guess I should say "Bad picks" (and not your fault. You had to keep it to a minimum) But, all of them were at least fun to make fun of. Most of those I don't even remember watching. I remember Hero, Sleeper, Subterranean.

    None of those were as bad as "Power."

    There was nothing enjoyable about watching "Power." Maybe Allison Mack's directing was enjoyable, but watching it was painful.

    Power is the worst episode ever. It's the only episode where I cried. Not because I was moved or anything. I cried because I was mad. There was nothing moving about it. I just p....ed me off.

    Kat

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [4]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    The episodes you mentioned were filler episodes. And as bad as a filler episode is, it doesnt really afect the major arc in any way. Power however was a BIG part of the Smallville/Superman arc, and it left a taste of poo in my mouth. So that gets it for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sleepy-sonic

    sleepy-sonic

    [5]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 452
    Oh, i totally forgot about Power but you are right that it was an awfull episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [6]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    sleepy-sonic wrote:
    Oh, i totally forgot about Power but you are right that it was an awfull episode.
    LOL, its Ok, we all try to forget about Power. Im actually jealous, you suceeded where Im still tormented by the images
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Enthropii

    Enthropii

    [7]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,108
    borikuarocks wrote:
    sleepy-sonic wrote:
    Oh, i totally forgot about Power but you are right that it was an awfull episode.
    LOL, its Ok, we all try to forget about Power. Im actually jealous, you suceeded where Im still tormented by the images




    Power and Hero I guess.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of historylover20

    historylover20

    [8]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/06/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,794

    Hero, at least for me, is fun to make fun of. It was so awful, but it was campy. It wasn't intending to be a good episode. Same with Sleeper.

    Power is much worse. It wasn't trying to be awful, it just was. It's not fun to even make fun of. It was painful to watch. There was nothing in it that lightened it up. There really wasn't a good part to it. It was aiming to be like "Justice," (and you can tell that's what it's aim was. Gotta give Lana a great storyline!) and it didn't hit the target. I can't even think of a fit metaphor to describe how far it missed the target.

    Let's face it--as bad as Hero was, the things we can make fun of with it is incredible. But, how do you make fun of Power? Or at least not without bursting into tears over its sheer horror.

    I think a lot of us have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from watching Power. (And before you get all up in arms, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with PTSD, so I'm not making fun of anyone.)

    Kat

    Edited on 03/18/2009 9:51am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [9]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    historylover20 wrote:

    Hero, at least for me, is fun to make fun of. It was so awful, but it was campy. It wasn't intending to be a good episode. Same with Sleeper.

    Power is much worse. It wasn't trying to be awful, it just was. It's not fun to even make fun of. It was painful to watch. There was nothing in it that lightened it up. There really wasn't a good part to it. It was aiming to be like "Justice," (and you can tell that's what it's aim was. Gotta give Lana a great storyline!) and it didn't hit the target. I can't even think of a fit metaphor to describe how far it missed the target.

    Let's face it--as bad as Hero was, the things we can make fun of with it is incredible. But, how do you make fun of Power? Or at least not without bursting into tears over its sheer horror.

    I think a lot of us have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from watching Power. (And before you get all up in arms, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with PTSD, so I'm not making fun of anyone.)

    Kat

    I feel your pain.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bendylegsnick

    bendylegsnick

    [10]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 316
    definitely power, it almost made me vomit
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [11]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    bendylegsnick wrote:
    definitely power, it almost made me vomit
    Never has an episode made me vomit in anger....with exception to "Batman: The Brave and the Bold"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lenzinoH20

    lenzinoH20

    [12]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 07/12/06
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 470
    I think I also would have to go with "Power" as well. That episode was like an insult to the fans intelligence and the worst idea that the writers ever came up with. At least with "Spell", "Thrist", Subteranean" and "Sleeper" the writers knew they were writing bad episodes, but what makes "Power" truly horrible was how seriously it was taken and how the writers made it apart of the Superman mythology given how abysmal the story was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Enigler

    Enigler

    [13]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/12/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 585

    Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

    And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [14]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    Enigler wrote:

    Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

    And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

    Yeah but where Hero was a filler episode, Power actually contributed to the major Smallville storyline. Wrath was another filler for me. Nothing happened that moved the story and characters forward
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Enigler

    Enigler

    [15]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/12/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 585
    borikuarocks wrote:
    Enigler wrote:

    Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

    And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

    Yeah but where Hero was a filler episode, Power actually contributed to the major Smallville storyline. Wrath was another filler for me. Nothing happened that moved the story and characters forward

    Power actually contributed to the Smallville story line? The whole Lana arc was filler for me. Nothing groundbreaking happened during Lana's stint that moved the story or Clark's journey forward. The only thing to come of the arc was that Lex was/is still alive (or not), the Toyman is creepy, Tess' eyes were open to the truth about the eye implants, and that the power suit exists. All of which could have been done sans Lana Lang. So, I saw Lana's mere presence as filler; thus, my conclusion that "Hero" was just the winner (or loser in this situation) of this poll.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of borikuarocks

    borikuarocks

    [16]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,291
    Enigler wrote:
    borikuarocks wrote:
    Enigler wrote:

    Not sure who the worst episode is, but I went with "Hero" in this case. Sure there was a lot of cheese with some of the freak of the week episodes in season 1 and 2 that I did consider; however, the blatant product-centric Stride tie-in was just over the top. When Pete was at the Planet at the end and there was that last twisting of a knife in the collective back with one last reference to gum, I thought that I was going to lose it. Just horrible.

    And people, Power? Come on, was it really that bad that it would induce vomitting amongst you? Wrath was by far worse than Power if we consider the essence of the story.

    Yeah but where Hero was a filler episode, Power actually contributed to the major Smallville storyline. Wrath was another filler for me. Nothing happened that moved the story and characters forward

    Power actually contributed to the Smallville story line? The whole Lana arc was filler for me. Nothing groundbreaking happened during Lana's stint that moved the story or Clark's journey forward. The only thing to come of the arc was that Lex was/is still alive (or not), the Toyman is creepy, Tess' eyes were open to the truth about the eye implants, and that the power suit exists. All of which could have been done sans Lana Lang. So, I saw Lana's mere presence as filler; thus, my conclusion that "Hero" was just the winner (or loser in this situation) of this poll.

    Your right, Lana was filler, but unfortunaty the episodes themselves were not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaiCSC

    JaiCSC

    [17]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 12/01/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,165

    Hate to jump on the band wagon here. But Power it was a terrible episode.

    The reasons.

    Massive step down from truly excellent episodes that preceded it, so it does highlight the flaws more.
    Poor decision with the premise. It was a random idea forcibly instered into a small story arc.
    But what really killed this one, IT WAS BADLY WRITTEN. No episode has been written as badly as POWER has.

    Far fetched solutions to minor plot holes from past episodes. Randomly placed flash back sequences with inconsistent lengths making progression hard to follow. Bad continuity problems. Character inconsistency.

    Those are the only rational reasons I have for disliking that episode. The rest are are all Lana hate related. But even when i don't include. That episode was just unpleasant for your senses.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of historylover20

    historylover20

    [18]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/06/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 6,794

    I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with "Noir" that 4 people have voted for it. I actually kind of enjoyed "Noir."

    Kat

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Enthropii

    Enthropii

    [19]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 4,108
    historylover20 wrote:

    I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with "Noir" that 4 people have voted for it. I actually kind of enjoyed "Noir."

    Kat



    I was okay with Noir.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of azyber1

    azyber1

    [20]Mar 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 412
    Enthropii wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

    I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with "Noir" that 4 people have voted for it. I actually kind of enjoyed "Noir."

    Kat



    I was okay with Noir.


    I also like Noir but I also was okay with Power, I dont understand what teh big deal is with that episode for some of you.. anyways I have to pick Subterranean. The episode before Lex asked Lana to marry him and then they had this episode...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.