We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Why does everyone hate Lana?

smallville27

[21]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 4

i cant stand clrk andlois its lame

bring back lana and finish her story off before sorting out lois lane

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[22]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 23

Enthropii wrote:
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    Idc, but Erica Durance is a fantastic Lois Lane. Additionally, Lana most definitely outstayed her welcome. I would have welcomed her more if the writers had written her a little more in pattern with the Lana from Superman:TAS, from the premiere episodes and "My Girl". Not the whiny harping girl who brought out the worst in Clark and everyone around her. The plot just relied on her too much.
    'Like'
    'Like'

smallville27 wrote:
    i cant stand clrk andlois its lame

bring back lana and finish her story off before sorting out lois lane

I take it you didn't watch season eight. (It's okay, I don't blame you if you didn't. It only had a few episodes worth watching.)

Edited on 01/16/2011 3:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JowanLewis

[23]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I agree with some peoples' posts because i don't hate Lana i love the Country Girl Next Door and sweetheart for Clark but i just didn't think Kristin Kreuk was a good casting call for Lana because Kristin doesn't look like a Girl Next Door she looks like a party girl thats out to have fun...Chloe looks more Girl Next Door than she ever did.

Anyone...and i mean Anyone who said that Tom and Erica doesn't have chemistry didn't see the Episode named Bride...watch the "Almost" kiss between them....there was that chemistry between them...she looked weak and wanted to and he just looked Stoic as Superman should until 'TA DA!!!' Lana walked in and ruined the whole thing....and i don't know about you but if you watch further you saw simple-minded Clark doing what he did back Season 1-5 acting stupid and going backwards living in the past than moving forward.

Clana was great if she wasn't wining all the time if she was stronger mentally and was a substitute for Lois with the strength and spunk it would've been a very good set of seasons between Clark and Lana.

Clois is fantastic...they have that chemistry that is needed when they are together that makes them a great couple...Lois looks at clark and sets him on his path he doesn't look to the past anymore he pushes forward like Braniac said he was suffering from Clark's biggest problem is that he looks to the past too much he dwells on it and messes with him mentally and Lois makes him realize this and looks forward and becomes the great hero...

my two cents...

alirk

[24]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 22

JowanLewis wrote:

Anyone...and i mean Anyone who said that Tom and Erica doesn't have chemistry didn't see the Episode named Bride...watch the "Almost" kiss between them....there was that chemistry between them...she looked weak and wanted to and he just looked Stoic as Superman should until 'TA DA!!!' Lana walked in and ruined the whole thing....and i don't know about you but if you watch further you saw simple-minded Clark doing what he did back Season 1-5 acting stupid and going backwards living in the past than moving forward.

That almost kiss scene was heart breaking!

IAmsterdam

[25]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 7

JowanLewis wrote:

Clana was great if she wasn't wining all the time if she was stronger mentally and was a substitute for Lois with the strength and spunk it would've been a very good set of seasons between Clark and Lana.

Clois is fantastic...they have that chemistry that is needed when they are together that makes them a great couple...Lois looks at clark and sets him on his path he doesn't look to the past anymore he pushes forward like Braniac said he was suffering from Clark's biggest problem is that he looks to the past too much he dwells on it and messes with him mentally and Lois makes him realize this and looks forward and becomes the great hero...

my two cents...

I agree that Clarck and Lana was spoiled by the wining. But when they [the writers] had decided to end off on Lana & Clarck then it was good! It just didn't las too much because she had Cryptonite, something that can easily be extracted from het body like with all the other cryptonite poisonings of the series!!!! I guess I have a soft spot for your first love... The same it was last seasons with Lois & Clarck, she was winy and I hated it, but here the wining was short, It did not drag out for five seasons like before! Ofcourse this season being the last season of the show, all 'loose ends' need to be nicely squared away... I sometimes think that the writers are gay and want Clarck-Superman to be gay or alone.

wldz

[26]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 3

I totally agree. Durance and Welling have no chemistry. Their interactions seem forced. Ironically, Durance does seem to have good chemistry with Justin Hartley. Their early romance seemed adult and utterly convincing. Not sure why she seems like she's doing a bad imitation of a junior high school girl when she tries to play the romance with Clark. Trying to compensate for lack of chemistry? (On the other hand, Hartley and Allison Mack also seem implausible for lack of chemistry! Maybe it's a casting thing...)

But the bigger problem is that Lois's goofy ineptness isn't charming, just irritating. It consistently lowers your opinion of Clark for being with her. By contrast, Welling and Kruek conveyed a deep, convincing passion between their characters. Where Lois is irritating and glib, Lana was sensuous and intelligent. Except for the ridiculously perky, idiotic, unwatchable office blond they've just added, Lois has been the most consistently obnoxious character in the show.

Edited on 01/31/2011 3:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

Canogaparkcindy

[27]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 49
    wldz wrote:

I totally agree. Durance and Welling have no chemistry. Their interactions seem forced. Ironically, Durance does seem to have good chemistry with Justin Hartley. Their early romance seemed adult and utterly convincing. Not sure why she seems like she's doing a bad imitation of a junior high school girl when she tries to play the romance with Clark. Trying to compensate for lack of chemistry? (On the other hand, Hartley and Allison Mack also seem implausible for lack of chemistry! Maybe it's a casting thing...)

But the bigger problem is that Lois's goofy ineptness isn't charming, just irritating. It consistently lowers your opinion of Clark for being with her. By contrast, Welling and Kruek conveyed a deep, convincing passion between their characters. Where Lois is irritating and glib, Lana was sensuous and intelligent. Except for the ridiculously perky, idiotic, unwatchable office blond they've just added, Lois has been the most consistently obnoxious character in the show.

agreed!

Jan-el

[28]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 1

I truly did like lana in the beginning, but once she came back in season 8 i realized how much i disliked her, Kristen Kreuk did an amazing job with the acting, but i did notlike the character or who clark became when he was around her, he seemed a lot less strong and mature than now. I think another reason fans started to dislike her was because they dragged along the plot of clark not telling her his secret for way too long and we were ready for something new.

gem-in-eye

[29]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 5

I agree with you, clark and lois do have chemistry and thank granny goodness Lana is gone. Lana was like the ex-girlfriend that just won't go away. She was basically clarks personal kryptonite. I think the other problem with lana was that they made Cloe a much more interesting character and cloe and clark, in my opinion, had much better chemistry (not love) in their scenes. Also the moment they brought Lois in early, rather then when Clark started his life after high school the Lana character was doomed. Lana was basically the perfect character for the show for the time that Clark was in high school, but the show become more popular then the CW could imagine and had to take the show beyond high school and she just became extra baggage. Lana's character wouldn't fit in as the girl who helps Superman be Superman because she would have wanted to be Super Woman

gem-in-eye

[30]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 5
    yes, they did drag the whole tell me your secret, no I can't, tears, tears thing way to long. Lana was a high school girlfriend character not one meant to turn clark into a romantic fool long after high school.

Enthropii

[31]Feb 16, 2011
    gem-in-eye wrote:

... thank granny goodness Lana is gone.

LOL.

tomppa3621

[32]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 7
    Any info, is Kristin Kreuk coming back for the serie finale? Michael Rosenbaum "Lex" is coming, its official now. Hope Kristin would come, then the finale would be perfect!

CLoisLoVe

[33]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 4

I won't tiptoe around the word. I hate the character of Lana because she's, simply, annoying. She's not the brightest bulb in the lamp. She fell for Lex and married him! I really could stop there in proving my dislike, but I'll continue. Always accusing Clark of lying like she was so honest and virtuous. Pot, meet kettle, make out with him, and chastise him at every turn.Sounds like a great relationship!She had Clark's powers and completely misused them for revenge against the same someone that she married. Okay, granted, when it came time to marry Lex, she decided that maybe it wasn't such a good idea, but stupid is as stupid does and the nuptials proceeded. I blame the writers for myhatred of this character, but I think it was neccesary in order forpeople to see why she and Clark don't belong together. Also, two pretty people on screen doesn't equal chemistry, particularly when they both need to get their heads outta their butts. Clark + Lana= Dumb and Dumber-er. I, for one, am ecstatic that Lana has departed from Smallville. I was getting really tired of rolling my eyes. That is all.Sealed

Enthropii

[34]Feb 16, 2011
    tomppa3621 wrote:
    Any info, is Kristin Kreuk coming back for the serie finale? Michael Rosenbaum "Lex" is coming, its official now. Hope Kristin would come, then the finale would be perfect!

Perfect? Perfect storm? Perfect disaster?

pastorkevin52

[35]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm not sure why all of the hate for her. I loved seeing them together. she was his first love. Although he wasn't her first. The show's original premise started with their relationship, and the pain it was to love her, but not know how to cope with his feelings. I watch that first season from time to time and I still like seeing Lana and Clark together.

jwgrlrrajn

[36]Feb 17, 2011
    Enthropii wrote:
    tomppa3621 wrote:

Perfect because she will be possessed by Darkseid and Clark will have to kill her?

Enthropii

[37]Feb 18, 2011
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Enthropii wrote:
    tomppa3621 wrote:

Perfect because she will be possessed by Darkseid and Clark will have to kill her?

Oh god. That is so terrible and satisfactory at the same time.

kari916

[38]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 3

I didn't hate Lana but I hated how she constantly would bother Clark about his secret and I really hated that ruse where she locked Chloe in the closet knowing that Chloe would call Clark to help her escape. What kind of friend does that? That what makes Lois so different from Lana, Lois knew Clark was hiding something but she waited for Clark to tell her about it.

Edited on 02/18/2011 3:15pm

snickerzkc

[39]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 6

I didn't hate Lana in the earlier seasons and when I do rewatch of those seasons I don't mind her. It's the later seasons that destroyed her for me and I cringe whenever she's on screen in them. The show is suppose to be about Clark and I felt like it just became all about Lana. She dida lot of crappy things and seemed to always get a free pass from other characters. It felt like she was never held accountable for any of her actions. That's one of the reasons why I was annoyed with Chloe in S9. She abused her power as Watchtower and yet Clark/someone else would always be the one to end up apologizing.

Drusilla15

[40]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 6

I just couldn't stand her as Lois' opponent in the whole "love" arena. Yes, she was Clark's love since childhood, but after she got knocked up from Lex, I just didn't get why she had to keep rubbing Clark's nose in it like a bad dog who had crapped on the floor. He was trying to get over her and she would keep dragging him back to the whole "Clana" forbidden love. In the end, it's simple. I have watched Superman movies my whole life and I've always seen him in love with the perfect woman, Lois Lane. So when Lana was on Smallville, to me she was nothing more than an obstacle to be put in front of Clark before he found his true love. She just kept coming back and drudging up painful things that should have died seasons ago.