Smallville

Fragile

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 13, 2006 on The CW

• This was one of my favorite episodes of the season. I especially loved the lex and lana kiss.

In the beggining when the girl was breaking the glass ihonestly thought she really broke all those windows but ehen she told clark she couldn't do it through her i realized it must be someone with the same powers.One of my favorite parts of the episoe was when lex and lana came back from dinner. You could clearly tell they were throwing themselves at each other. If chole hadn't walked in when she di something would have happned. This episode showed clark's fatherly and also brotherly side. I think the little girl had a crush on him. Clark is gonna be a great father one day. At the end in lex's mansion youcan see how lana isdying to kiss him back after he kisses her and she does. I don't believe they are going to take this relationship where it needs to go.

• It's A Bird...It's A Plane...It's..Glass Man and Shatter Girl?

5.5
    Fragile-Clark befriends a little girl who has the ability to telekinetically shatter glass, then comes to her aid when it's believed she killed her mother in a brutal stabbing attack. Meanwhile Lex and Lana grow closer together and Chloe finds out about it.

Pretty much known for the directorial debut of Tom Welling and another development that I can barely stomach at the moment, "Fragile" is a "fragile" episode itself. The main plot is one we've seen already on Smallville and done a hell of a lot better (Stray and Ryan). Clark comes to the aid of a young kid who he protects and nurtures etc. they get close etc. the kid doesn't want to leave and wants to stay with Cark etc....we get it! It wasn't that I didn't care for Maddie and her father or the actors in the roles. It's just as soon as I found out they have the power to control glass is where I lost interest. Now we've seen meteor freaks with some lame abilities (that guy who can travel between frequencies in "Static" anyone?) But the power to control glass seems like one of the worst power based characters the writers have thought off. That power doesn't even seem that threatening, especially against Clark. Just put the kid in an environment with no glass...problem solved!

Tom Welling does an average job of directing, although he has one moment of greatness with the SFX scene of Maddie controlling pieces of glass to protect Clark. But even that couldn't take away from the birth of Lexana! The scenes of those two developing their romance (if you can even call it that!) made me throw up in my mouth more than a bit. I'm glad Chloe tried to light a fire up Lex's ass about getting involved with Lana. But even that couldn't stop from the disgusting ending where Lex and Lana share a kiss which seems so forced, your wondering if the Michael and Kristin were even disgusted doing it! "Fragile" falls to pieces down right to its cringe-worthy end!
  • The little girl who knew how to shatter glass. Lana and Lex get a little bit close together. A Fair episode, nothing to great.

The episode is another fair episode from Smallville and Tom Welling's first directional appearance. This episode of Smallville features another telekinetic character, a young girl who knows how to shatter glass. The girl, Maddie (Emily Hirst) is Clark Kent's suspect of the murder of Naomi, Maddie's foster mother. Then the second story revolves on Lana and Lex, Chloe is not to fond of the fact that Lex is using Lana's devastation from her recent break up with Clark. The episode ends with a kiss between Lana and Lex, Will romance spark between the two of them? Who knows? Next on Smallville.
  • A young girl named Maddie comes into the Kent home after her foster mother is killed. She is found to have the ability to shatter glass with her mind, challenging Clark to help her control her power.

A new character is introduced, Maddie (played by Emily Hirst), a pre-teen with an attitude of hostility and silence toward her foster parent Naomi, who is Martha's Chief of Staff. When Mattie is stressed or angry, she shatters glass with her mind, terrorizing all around her. The ability frightens Maddie, too, who is not entirely in control of this power. A wild breakage scene ensues - all the glass in the kitchen explodes in flying shards, as Maddie hides in her room, and her foster Mom is killed by the impacts.

A Deputy brings Maddie to the Kent household temporarily, while they investigate the death. Child Services is to visit the next day, so that loose end is wrapped up quickly. Maddie has not spoken since age 3, Martha has learned, when her birth mother was killed. Clark takes some initiative by befriending Maddie as a fellow artist - as Clark produces a really nice stick figure, to Maddie's amusement.

Lex and Lana are at the dorm talking about Milton Fine and classified documents he gave Lex about an alien invasion. They even trust each other. When Chloe comes in, she sees them together, and begins to believe that there is something between the two.

Clark shows Maddie around the farm, entertaining her with some speedy tricks, and revealing that he was an orphan too. Maddie takes to good ol' Shelby the dog, and Clark hears her talking quietly to him. Suddenly she's talking to Clark. Lois drops in at the request of Martha, and Maddie puts on a quick glass-shattering demo. End of happy day. She's upset and confused by her powers, which Clark tries to understand. Miss Hirst is doing some pretty fine acting here - tears on demand, and impressive emotional power. She denies killing Naomi because she can't break glass in another room.

Lois wants to call the police; Clark stalls her, and goes to see Chloe for some investigative journalism. Old news sources show Maddie's mother died from a shattered windshield; was Maddie to blame? Clark begins to doubt. Lois gamely tries to take Maddie out for a picnic lunch, but when Maddie gets a mad on, Lois is barely able to calm her down.

Child Services show up to take Maddie; she refuses, while Lois warns the CPS man about the glass danger. Suddenly there's another man in the background, and every window in the Ford Taurus is blown, killing the CPS rep. The stranger drives off with Maddie - it's her father, and Lois has a number of shards in her back. Back to the hospital, where she and Clark try to identify the unknown assailant. Things seem better when those two collaborate, and frankly, Clark and Lois are getting easier to watch than Clark and Lana. Maddie's dad Tyler McKnight was just released from Belle Reve, and show that he, too, can manipulate glass. He wants his daughter back, but Maddie realizes that he killed her mother, Naomi and the CPS worker. She's powerless at the moment, and Tyler steals a Ford Galaxie, and they leave the Taurus by the road.

Chloe has now found that Maddie's dad was in a glass shop when the meteor shower hit, thus his powers. He was also a jewel thief, escaping with several diamonds. Chloe finds his former address; Clark goes there, finding Maddie's grandmother, who did not even know Maddie existed. Tyler hid the diamonds at the Talon in a stained glass frame, and attempts to retrieve them with Maddie. But she won't go along Tyler's plans for their new life, and Clark intervenes and stops Tyler cold.

Lana talks to Chloe at the Planet, irritated that Chloe has interfered with her personal affairs, but Lana denies having a "love life" with Lex. Has Chloe sensed something that was not there? Nah.

Chloe bursts in on Lex to chastise him for taking advantage of Lana when she's vulnerable. He asserts they are friends, nothing more, but Chloe is pretty protective. Lex jabs her about never having a boyfriend, perhaps a sensitive subject for her.

Clark and Lois are spending more time together as she heals from her wounds. Martha is back, and has chosen Lois to be her Chief of Staff. Guess she'll accept, but wouldn't that mean a move to Topeka and less of Lois in the scripts?

McKnight is in custody, but the unfortunate Deputy is wearing glasses as he enters the elevator with the cuffed McKnight. Ugh, that was a nasty scene, but original, and Tyler is on the loose again.

Thinking everything is at peace, Maddie, now looking far better, is even helping clean the Kent house. She wants to stay with him, but Clark tells her she has a grandmother. Nicely done emotional expression by Miss Hirst; we can sense see her pain and anxiety. That evening, glass is breaking around the house - Martha is trapped by McKnight, threatened by a hovering shard of glass, but Clark and Maddie come to the rescue; her power is superior to her father's, and she takes control of the floating glass and turns it against her father. She can kill him, but Clark talks her through this crisis, helping her to make the right decision rather than simply stepping in with his powers to end the standoff. Maddie is mature beyond her years, but what a friend she has in Clark.

Maddie's grandmother arrives in her Jeep Cherokee to take custody of Maddie, and Clark assures her of his continuing friendship. An impressive acting job by the young Miss Hirst, not too schmaltzy, just warm and hopeful, there in the yellow sun at the Kent farm.

At the Planet, Chloe thinks she'll always have a source of news at the state house with Lois working for Martha there. However, when Clark asks her about the fracas with Lana, Chloe denies hiding anything from Clark. While Chloe is right to stay out of the middle of the Lana-Clark relationship, why protect Lex? We know that development will become clear to Clark eventually.

Lana stops to see Lex to "set the record straight." He assures her that they're both on the same page as far as a friendship is concerned. So they both feel the same...right? Oops, the moment seems emotionally right for a brief kiss. What just happened? Looks like Lana really does not know what she is feeling, but turns on the passion, gives Lex a deep kiss, and she's gone.

"Fragile" is a very good production by the whole crew, with noteworthy acting and emotional expression by Emily Hirst, making this one of the better episodes of the season. The Lana - Lex relationship is progressing so Smallville fans need to see this one to keep up with this dramatic turn. Re-run rating B.
  • He understands the burden of unusual powers. Clark befriends a troubled girl who has anger - and telekinetic powers that shatter glass - she can't control. Suspicions about Lex and Lana may be right.

This is my favourite episode of season 5. Maddie hasn't spoken since her mum died in a freak car accident when she was three, instead she draws. She has the power to shatter glass and when she gets angry she can't control it. Maddie's power is second generation because her dad also has the power to shatter glass. Maddie's dad killed Naomi and also killed Maddie's real mother when he wasn't allowed to see her, He was put in bellreeve after stealing 6 diamonds which he put into a painting which now hangs in the talon. Maddie starts to talk when Clark tells her that he would never insult her but Maddie dosen't like lois. In the end Maddie wants to stay with Clark and when he tells her she has a grandmother that she is going to live with, the glass of orange juice shakes and Clark manages to calm Maddie down before it breaks and all ends well.
  • A mysterious young girl is taken in by the kents when her foster mother,Naomi, is killed by her father who has the power to control glass. Clark is sure that the girl is innocent but Lois gets her kidnapped. Clark plays father figure to the innocent girl.

I very much enjoyed this episode, and for the record: I suspected it was the father from the beginning. I mean, who else would logically have the power to shatter glass and have the motivation to kill the foster mother. But what surprised me most was Lois' insensitivity! Also, How could Lana fall for that ,insensitive bastard of a man, Lex Luthor! Very, Very, naughty Lana. I'm glad that poor little, 'fragile" girl found a happy ending. I gladly can't say the same for Lex and Lana, whose growing relationship turns fatal with strange experiments, a deceitful car explosion, and Clark.
  • Great Episode

I really did like this episode. Emily Hurst, (Maddie), was a good actress. In my opinion Tom Welling did a very good job directing this, I mean it was a little shaky but good enough for me! I loved seeing how Clark's softer more calm side come out. It was like all the weight of the world wasn't on his shoulders. I've heard, (from sources), that Tom Welling is great with kids and I think it really showed. This episode was good and should've put a smile on everybody's face. I hope that Smallville keeps up it's good run and see more loving episodes like this in the future... not that I don't love them all... I have them all!
  • This is a good episode!

I have no idea what happened to Lana and Lex's baby. She was pregnet, but they never say what happened to it. I might have missed the episode that told us, but if you could clue me in that would be great. I have the seasons one through five, but i thinkthat the answers might be in season six. I love this show so much! Also, does anyone know what happened to Pete, I think that i am missing something, he was one of my favorite characters!!!
    Who thinks that Louis should end up with clark??? Please can someone clue me in!!
  • Broken glass flying all over Smallville!

From the trailers I saw for this episode I wasn't too sure whether or not I would enjoy it but it actually pleasently surprised me.
    My favourite storyline was definitely the story of Maddie, the little girl who had the power to telekenetically shatter glass. I found it genuinely upsetting to hear how her birth father had turned her life upside down and all she wanted was to just be a normal child, something Clark could completely relate to which I think helped to establish the bond we saw grow between Clark and Maddie throughout the episode. Their scenes together were so heart-warming and it was amazing to watch Maddie place all her trust in this young man she didn't really know very well. Clark's bond with this young girl also helped us to understand better why he really is the nice guy of Smallville, he really is everyone's hero and I've always admired the way Tom Welling portrays him. I'd also like to touch on the fact that this episode was Tom Welling's directorial debut and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he did a fantastic job, making himself and the cast and crew proud.
    I am not at all interested in the Lex/Lana relationship. It doesn't seem believable and I found the way Lana decided she and Lex were just friends to the kiss in the mansion completely unrealistic. I don't see the kind of chemistry between Kristin Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum as I see bewteen Kristin and Tom Welling. Lex and Lana just don't light up the screen for me the way Clark and Lana do.
    Also, I love it when they include Lois in the episode even if it's just a small part because she is funny, smart, feisty and very likeable making her a joy to watch on Smallville.
  • As good as this episode was, and as revealing as it was in many aspects, it did have its flaws. But the flaws are small and the episode was good on so many levels that it really didnt take away fromt he experience.

Wow, you know, Ive been trying really hard to hate the last couple of episodes, but Im having trouble doing so. Why do you ask? Well because theres no Jonathan Kent. Ever since Reckoning, deep down, I thought that the series was gonna go downhill. But it hasnt. Due in part because we actually do see lots of character development stemming from Reckoning and that Jonathan Kent isnt completely gone. His presence still lingers in the Kent farm. Not like Pete, who seemed to be written off Smallville Continuity alltogether (Mined you, Im not complaining). But as good as this episode was, and as revealing as it was in many aspects, it did have its flaws. Shall we begin?

Preview: Sorry, gonna have to start with this one. How can the WB make a big mistake like showing next weeks episodes preview last week. It was confusing as hell. Clark: The star and director. And might i add he did an exceptional job as both in this episode. His relationships with ALL characters was just fantastic. With Lois, with his mom, with Chloe, and especially with Maggie. He totally connected with this girl. And despite Lois calling his ability to see good in people a weakness, he actually considers it a strength. And it definitly paid off this episode. I was a little suprised that he was a little careless with his powers around the little girl. But its cool. I guess it worked to break down her barrier. I only have one gripe. And its a huge one. Why not tell Martha about Lionel?! What is wrong with you!? She could be in danger! I do understand that he dosnt always want to run to his parent for help everytime he's in a jam. But this is Lionel. This isnt some run of a mill Meteor Freak. Lionel is dangerous. And has proved himself to be hundreds of times.

Chloe: I felt sorry for her. For the first time she snoops in other peoples lives to help other than her own morbid curiosity and she gets burned for it. Twice. And it hurt her deeply. Lex actually broke her strong will. Once by confronting her about her own inadiquacy in relationships and again by sending Lana to deliver the killing blow.

Lois: Wow was she annoying in the begining. But I guess thats Lois for you. And she did redeem herself a little toward the end. She wasnt great this episode. But she wasnt awful. She was...a filler character. A great filler character, but her position could have easily been filled by another. I did love the little scene at the end with Martha, Clark, and herself. Lana: Did she even appear in this episode? Just kidding. It was nice. I didnt hate her. I actually saw her pretty happy with Lex. None of that "why are you lying to me" face that has plagued her since season 2. Perhaps Lexana will provide her with more interesting roles. She was a little harsh with Chloe. And Im glad that she echoed something from the previous episode. About her not being anyones puppet.

Lex: Ok. If you still believe that this guy has some good in him, your off your rocker. He enjoyed every inch of misery he inflicted on chloe, he loved how he manipulated Lana into kissing him. He is evil!!! The guys chance for redemption is l;ong gone. That ship has set sail. Finally, cant wait until Clark and him confront eachother. I did have another qualm abotu him though. Why was he looking for Fine? Didnt he already find him? Is he instead tracking him? Has he noticed that their are multiple sightings of him? That theyre might be more than one? All these questions were left open. A little monolgue would have helped here. A "What are you up to Fine?" or "How are you in two places at once?". Nothing much, but would have helped alot.

Maggie: This girl reminded me of the girl from "The Ring". I was totaly freaked by her. But, she provided excellent acting and her powers, although I thought was silly at first, was truly awsome in teh conclusion. And most importantly, she provided a clue on how there are so many "metahumans" in the future for Superman to fight. Second Generation Meteor Freaks. That was brilliant. So all Bellereeves future kids can be Supermans Foes. And since they never fought Clark, they cant put two and two together. Meteor Freak: He was pretty good. Dont really have much to say about him. Great new power was seen this episode. I felt kinda sorry for him cause he truly did care for his daughter. But hey, evil is as evil does. All in all great episode. 8-10
  • In that it's TW's first directorial outing and it's a nice personal, intimate story about Clark's connection with a young girl whose own powers are out of control.

I wouldn't say from this that you could detect a definite directorial style from Mr Welling, but it's a good debut. I watched it without realising it was him directing and the episode certainly didnt' suffer from any first night nerves as it were.

It's taken the series back to its roots in a lot of ways. A young girl has the power to break glass when she gets particularly angry. Is she a killer though? Clark doesn't think so and is able to break through her barriers and work out what is going on. There are some great scenes between Welling and the young actress - and the dog. Talk about never work with children and animals. He took a risk on his first show!

Of course the truth of the story is revealed later with the young girl's father having far stronger powers to manipulate glass than his daughter. In some ways he's just wanting to have his daugher back. In others, he's a complete psychopath!

Some continuity and reality problems: car glass doesn't shatter like that, unless we're suggesting the father has the power to manipulate it to break into pieces that matter. Up until the end of the episode it seems it's all really just about smash and smash.

And Lois as Chief of Staff??? Martha taking over as Senator was a bit of a stretch. Lois being in charge of Jonathan's campaign another. How is Lois ever going to get started as a bottom-of-the-rung reporter at the Daily Planet after all this?

A nice little episode though.
  • With a new twist

7.4
    So apprently if you are a meteor freak your kids can become meteor freaks. Smashing glass is a handy ability I spose. Tom Welling shows that he cant direct and be good with children, his interaction with the little girl was very sweet, with his ablilites helping out a little. The plot of her Dad coming back was okay but the whole escape seemed to serve to fill out the airtime as the police aren't that stupid. The scene where the girl doesn't kill her Dad was a good one but the whole episode got sappy, akward and lazy in places although Lois's ability to annoy Clark consistently helped things along.
  • A brilliant episode, shows the true nature of Clark Kent.

This show was a delight to watch, not least to see a repeat of the relationship between Clark and young meteor-mutants. I miss the days with the little boy who Clark befriended, and saved. Although a few have said it was cliche towards the end with the whole, 'If you do this you'll be making yourself the same as him', but The episode was good and heart warming. I'm not a big fan of Lana anymore, let alone the relationship between her and Lex, so I have just ignored it, for that reason I should probably give this episode a lower rating, but the parts of the episode with Clark in it were fantastic. From what I gather this was his directorial debut, if that's the case then I hope he continues to direct the odd episode because this episode was fantastic to watch. In the odd episode it seems as if Clark has wandered away from his path; to protect the weak, but it's episodes like this that bring him back into the path, and closer towards becoming Superman.
  • awesome.

this is a really great episode and also a heart warming one, tom welling makes his directorial debut with this episode. he does a really good job. clark meets a little girl with the power to control glass, she has a really cool power, she can break glass, make them float around like a magician. her character is great, it's a simple story line with lots of action, it's got some good drama in it as well. the effects in this episode were so cool, the story was really good, I had a good time watching it, it's entertaining, i had a really good time.
  • tom welling is soo great with kids and will make a great director!

In Tom Welling's directorial debut, horrible things happen to the people who take care of a little girl named Maddie who has the power to shatter glass. But is Maddie the culprit - or is it someone else?

Lex and Lana begin to get closer in this episode

at the end..biggest shocker!!
  • Clark Kent is great with kids!

I adored this episode. Aside from the creepy Lex/Lana relationship developing, Clark's interaction with Maddie was phenomenal. This is not the same Clark Kent who couldn't get over the death of his adoptive father. He has grown and developed into a man who channels his grief towards productive things; taking a distrought child under his wing. (or shall I say, "cape"?) The only question this episode left me with was: how could Maddie put so much trust in Clark right off the bat? He said he understood everything she was going through, yet he didn't reveal his secret to her. She didn't even ask! Aside from a few slight obscure details, I find no fault with "Fragile". It scores well in my book.
  • A second-generation meteor power and a twisted family reunion.

A story focused completely on someone other than Clark with surprising depth and very effectively showing a father’s obsessive love for his child.

The glass ability is cool just in itself and honestly, it’s certainly a frightening one. How many of us are not horrified at the thought of being in the way of an exploding window? But where Maddie has not learned to control the ability yet, her father has to great effect – the glass windows are just gorgeous. I loved the one in the Talon, it was such a shame to damage it.

Despite how twisted the father had become during his time in prison - actually becoming obsessed with his daughter – you had to feel for him at the end when Maddie is so terrified of him but runs into Clark’s arms, clearly considering him her true father. Her father looked absolutely gutted, as if everything that had kept him going in prison was gone and the realization that no matter what he had ‘done’ for her and to be with her, it was never going to be enough. I particularly thought that scene was beautifully handled.

Tom Welling certainly did a great job, not just as director – wonderful subtlety – but specifically from an acting point of view, where he stepped out of the limelight, completely letting the story focus on Maddie and handling his scenes with a grace that has was quite unique to this episode. Seems being in behind of the camera while acting also makes him more aware of his acting, and to wonderful effect.

This was a surprising episode and a great one, unusual story with some very well acted emotional moments. I prefer subtle emotion as done here to the overblown scenes with Clark and the dearly-departed Jonathan. If this is an example of how episodes with Tom directing will be, I hope there are many more.
  • Clark Kent can direct.

That was a great episode. I mean that their was something(not to sound dorky) super about it. You could tell that it was Smallville but it had a kick to it. The kiss between Lana and Lex was above fannominal and sort of ironic. The plot line and writting were great but the direcing was one of the greatest. Clark befreinds a telekentic girl and has to fight her father. Clark learns a thing about friendship from the little girl and about acceptence.What is really amazing is how he directed and starred in the same episode. A great episode beyond perfection.
  • This is Tom Welling's first directorial debut, and it kicked butt.

The story line was really interesting, and it focused more on the little girl with her powers rather than Clark saving the day for the umpteenth time! The little girl's ability to shatter things just through her emotions is great. And the scene with the shards of glass circling around the father is similar to the Fog, which Tom Welling stared in. Overall this was a great episode and it was a chance for Welling to shine as a director, plus it helps Clark through the mourning process and learns that he is still needed.
  • Tom Welling's Directoral Debut.

It was a good episode but not great but good. Tom Welling did a good job directing this episode but it kind was not that exciting that I though it was going to be so the next episode Tom Welling Directs I hope they do a better job on the script.
  • K's views on Fragile.

7.8
    Well, I guess this was one of your typical episodes, but I did like the way Clark got Maddie to open up. She seemed like a sweet kid, I dont blame her for not trusting a lot of people after what happened to her mom and foster parent. Clark did seem to relate to Maddie well, I reckon he would make a great parent.
  • When Clark mention those those about his dad I myself start crying. The show hasn\'t been the same since they killed jonathan kent.

When Clark mention those those about his dad I myself start crying. The show hasn\'t been the same since they killed jonathan kent. I think Jon Scheinder should have for him pointers on how to dictor the episode. Maddie was gadanation meteor freak. Their was few mistake in episode like Clark found out Lana and Lex.
  • a bad episode

7.9
    this espisode was very dissapointing, like i said before i think that the writers have enough to tell about clarck becoming superman rather thatn putting in the middle of this series episodes with caracters that are not rich and kill the excitiment that the storie line has so far. Is nice to see the ratring go up when they focus only on clark and his becoming of superman.
  • It was a very good episode of Season 5...

This episode was very good, I like very much the part when Clark compares himself to the little girl, and especially I loved the Lex and Lana kiss because that means that Clark now has seriously competition, but I wish that he finally get over Lana and begin to searching for other girls (cough "Lois"), well, the thing is that I like this episode very much and I think that this episode was very good, but I don't still think that it was the best episode EVER, because that place is already taken by Commencement and Exile, and other great episodes...
  • A 1st or 2nd season type episode in the 5th season of the show. Disappointing.

6.7
    I hated the Maddy story for the following reasons:

- It's a storyline that has been done before. We get it. Clark is good with messed-up kids. Moving on.
    - It was never made clear who killed her mom. it was implied it had been her dad but since he was in Belle Reev for the past 12 years and Maddy's mom died when she was 3, who could've he killed her? HMMMM?
    - And while we're on the subject of Maddy's dad, he entered Belle Reeve a petty thief and got out as a flamin' murderin' psychopath? Me thinks they should amp the dosages up there in Belle Reeve.
    - They bring a kid with the power to shatter glass in the house and they just happen to have a barn full of windows?
    - The obnoxious Child Care person. How can you uproot a child after hearing one sentence, that wasn't even that dangerous sounding. They were in a barn full of windows!!!
    - All in all, the power to break/control glass is pretty stupid. Especially against a guy who is practically invulnerable. Seriously, who didn't anticipate the fact that Martha would eventually wind up with a piece of glass aiming for her neck?
    - Lois was extremely irritating. Lay off the caffeine toots, I can barely follow you.

All in all, I don't know about you, but I'm tired of krypto freaks. I really am.

And as far as other developements go... Now that you mention it Lex, I have been getting some gay vibes from Chloe now and then. :) Chloe was being a bit on the pushy side, especially when she assumed that Lana is trying to hurt Clark through Lex. That is something completely out of character for her and I'd like to think that Chloe knows her better then that. While we're on the subject, some people are complainin that Lana would have no reason to feel attracted to Lex. Ok, recap.

1. Lex has money and power, and call me a cynic or a materialist but I believe there isn't a woman on this world that isn't attracted to those things.
    2. Lex stepped in front of a bullet for her just a couple of weeks prior, litterally lay his life on the line for her. Now i know Clark has saved her douzens of times, and he would probably gladly give his life for her, but she has never seen him really bleed for her like Lex was bleeding.
    3. Lex is hot. Not quite supermodel looks hot, but still.
    4. "I was the one washing, blood off your hands"
    SING IT AXL! Yup, Lana killed somebody. And who was there to clean up her mess? Lex was. Could Clark have done that? He probably could've made the body disappear but there would still be questions. Lex took care of the whole thing and has kept the secret ever since. If that is not trust worthy, I don't know what is.

So needless to say, I liked the ending specifically because it was a gradual realisation that Lana was trying to convince herself rather then Lex. And the kiss well... who didn\'t see that one coming?
  • the best episode on the 5th season

Fragile, is in my opinio the best episode on the 5th season. The story between Clark and Maddie were just great! The love that both transmited was so deep, I have to say their goodbye was sad. Even though this is her first appeerence on the show,I'm going to miss Maddie.
    Furthermore, Clark and Lois, are in the right way, now that Lana isn't in the spotlight anymore, they have their chance.
    I can't wait till Clark and Lois start making out.
  • LEX AND LANA KISS!! Lex and Lana! Lex and Lana! Please read review, more insiteful than above.

I want to focus on the kiss before anything else. It seems that this was great character development for Lana. Lex too, but not as much.

I\'d like to give a random comment: Lex is very smooth. He always knows what exactly to say, and that gets annoying after a while.

Back to the kiss: This almost proves a prediction I was coming up with. See, there is no LANA in the Superman comics or Movies, she can\'t be there. I\'m pretty sure she\'ll die somewhere later in the series. And if and when that happens, Lex will be pushed over the edge. That\'s when he\'ll become the villian. He wants everyone to hurt as much as he does.

Now for the rest of the episode.

I was completely convinced that the girl killed her adoptive mother, until the father came into the picture. Good plot twist, I actual didn\'t see it coming.

Clark is seen, for the second time in the show I believe, to be very father-like. He\'d make a great dad some day, besides the fact that it\'ll be Spidergirl all over again.

How will Lana die? I still want to know. And, as a side note, these characters have to disappear/die also:

Chloe
    Clark will work at the Daily Planet, and there is no way in hell that Chloe will leave that place on purpose. They can\'t be in the same place...not if this is the story of Superboy.

Lional
    He has to retire or something. Let Lex run the show more than he does, or maybe he takes over the business as Lex does more villianess work...

This review is too long.

• Great episode for Tom Welling and Allison Mack

This episode was very cute, and I loved how fatherly Clark was. It certainly foreshadows his role as Superman and how children everywhere will look up to him.

At first I was pretty freaked out by the idea of the little girl killing her mother and foster mother. It seems that this series is becoming more gruesome and sometimes nasty. So Lex and Lana get together? That\'s kind of weird. I like Chloe in this episode because she\'s her nosy, interfering self, and looks out for her friends. Lex is growing darker, and it\'s becoming increasingly apparent to Clark and Chloe, but Lana has her blinders on.
  • another great episode.

7.6
    Parts of this episode were great, others...not so much. First off we have the kid with "glass controling" powers. That's more than just kind of lame. In all my years of reading comic books and watching science fiction movies, this has got to be one of the dumbest superpowers. But only in the practical sense. What exactly is it that she controls? I'm not sure how radiation from a meteor could give someone the ability to control it. What would be more plausible (or consistent with the shows use of the meteors) is for the victims skin to take the form of glass. In short, the idea of a "glass controlling" villian is just plain lame.
    The overall story is pretty good. Even though it was quite predictable. I knew they didn't have a ten year old girl kill someone with her powers. Smallville writers just don't play like that. And if you put two and two together, it was easy to see it was probably a relative after her.
    As far as the Lex/Lana hook up, I like the idea. But I'm afraid the show's writers won't take it where it needs to go. It needs to be used to take Lana out of the picture for good. There have been so many hook ups, and break ups between Lana and Clark (this season alone) that for a while there I couldn't remember if they were together or not. Lana should have died back at episode 100.
< 1 2 3