Smallville

Hostage

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 07, 2010 on The CW

Things are continuing to heat up for Smallville, and I have to say this was a great penultimate episode. Lets face it, this season of Smallville was a complete mess, but this past couple episodes have made up for it. It was great to see Anette O' Toole again, and I came to realize how much I missed the mother figure of Clark Kent. This episode reveals something going on in the season long arc, which is the Red Queen. We got such a great cliffhanger that leads us in to the season finale of Smallville. Martha being the Red Queen was very surprising, for a while there, I was almost sure it was Tess.

What we also got from this episode was great character development. From Chloe, from Tess, from Clark & Lois' relationship. Thank god these two broke up, they had no chemistry, but of course it's just like Smallville to get these two together sooner or later.

Chloe thinking of leaving Watchtower was eventful, and the scenes between Tess & Oliver were fantastic (in dream state). Overall a great episode of Smallville.