Smallville

Hypnotic

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• The Break Up …..

I use to like seeing Lana with Clark in the 1st 3 seasons they were adorable together, Clark was always saving Lana’s life and he was always there when she waked up, and for Lana she was so sweet with him and lovable but these kind of relationships never last, every relationship is based on honesty and trust and Clark never show Lana that and for Lana the same thing she knew that Clark and Lex weren’t close as before and she was always going to him for her problems plus both of them were always lying especially Clark.

Let’s talk about this episode … a blond girl named Simone came to Clark with a powerful nickels the nickels can change a person feeling and nothing new Lex send her to find out Clark’s secret and break up with Lana, she did both .. she made Clark call Lana and till her to pass over and of cores they started to make out and Lana came in the middle of it, so Lex 1st plan worked her 2nd and main mission to find out Clark secret and plan 2 worked but she didn’t till Lex about Clark\'s secret, making the episode shorter some action happened in Lex mansion and Chloe came to save the day the nickels got broken and the spell went away.

Now its time to face Lana to be honest I was shocked that Clark finely had the guts to till her that there relationship is off but he did it in a stupid way they way he did it Lana for sure will revenge …. That\'s what we will see in the coming episodes.

• lame and trips up the story

apart from the sometimes weird choices (see the summary and notes) this lacks conviction (oke it's a show about a superhero i know)

1 the storyline has been done a couple of times before
    2 if clark knows that simone was send by lex why does he not act on this information
    3 adding up to nr 2 why does he drive lana into lex's arms
    4 lana and clark were friends long before they were lovers, doesn't it seem strange that when clark says his feelings have changed it is so unconvincing and still it seems weird that lana hates him for it, sure he had a reason but it shows clark once again to be more brawn than brain, superior being from space indeed

somehow it seems not enough to spark the epic confrontations between lex en clark we now that will come

the simple fact that it does not account for lana lang not being there in the future superman lore to me says that this is only the beginning and it will end with lana getting fragged with both lex and clark blaming each other

to be honest lana lang has long stopped to be a vital part of the series, lois and chloe feed the story lana distracts

• The episode that changes the life of Clark and Lana forever.

This is a very pivotal episode which shows the fate of Superman being turned. Clark and Lana finally break up. Lana tells Clark it is over forever. And if anybody knows the Superman legend at all knows that this is his destiny not to be with Lana but with Lois. Clark is very stupid to make this decision though since he wants to protect Lana but at the same time doesnt realize the only way to protect her is to stay with her.
  • Clark gets hypnotised by a girl sent by Lex and then she turns around and tries to get clark to kill Lex

6.8
    This episode was boring to watch and didn\'t really advance the plot much. The Milton Fine parts were OK but it\'s unclear why he wants more ebola or whatever. The episode also did not explain what was in Simone\'s jewel or why they kept zooming in on it. It just shows how little resistance Clark has to mental mental control (although in season 1 he was able to resist the temptress teacher lady without a problem). All in all wasn\'t impressed with this episode and getting tired of Clark and Lana being all whiny and mopey all the time. I\'m also guessing the writers are just going to ignore the fact that Lex has a dead body in his office with a gun shot in her chest fired from his gun.
  • Hypnotic

My thoughts on this episode, We got Simone , another good villian on the show. Something we haven't seen in a while. I loved this episode, with some mixed feeling at the same time. We have our beloved Chloe doing the reporter than, she a Lois lane in the makin. She was one step ahead of the others. Gotta love Chloe. Milton fine does a good job in this one as well.
  • Hypnotic

• Finally...A new episode!!!

I must say that I liked this episode. The biggest reason is that the whole Clark and Lana thing is over. If he was not going to tell her his secret then it was not fair to lead her on like that. So I must say them breaking up was not that bad, plus this way we will once again see HOT new guest stars back on the show. Anyway this episode had much more to offer then a bunch of sappy love scenes…we once again see Dr. Milton Fine/Braniac, he is in Honduras and Lex tracks him down thinking he could find the spaceship. Also Lex employs a girl to hypnotize Clark (hence the name of the episode), so that he could her all his secrets and then she would report them to Lex. Luckily for Clark, this girl told Lex nothing as she was too excited to have Clark all to herself. Once again Chloe comes to rescue when she finds out the past history of the girl who has Clark under her full control and then she sets out, along with Lois, to find her and free Clark from her grip. Finally we see that Milton Fine is morphing and that so far he has made four copies of himself.
  • strange episode but good Character development (which is the only thing good in this episode)

bit of a strange episode.
    so this would clearly make it one of my least favorites. the regular story line is still cool
    (about proffessor Milton Fine) But when a girl appears with no special abillities at all and still hypnotizes everyone its kinda lame.
    the story about Lex getting more \"creative\" to get to Lana is cool. You also get to see more of Lex\'s Dark side.
    The story wil get more and more it\'s original form
    but the excitement that was in the last few eppisodes is totaly blew Of ( By the way It didn\'t seem Very interesting in the first place )
  • Mind control again. Please can the writers come up with something new. Boring.

I did not like this episode. After a month of waiting we get this, the weakest episode of what has been a very strong season. A girl with a necklace which hynotizes people. Please can we get something better than this. Mind control has been overused in Smallville.

I didn't even like the scenes with Milton Fine and Lex. I was expecting Smallville to crank it up with the return of Milton Fine, but no. We are even left with an unsatisfying ending involving Fine, the ship, and some kind of disease that effects people in Honduras. Wonder where they're going with that? I wasn't impressed that's for sure.

Well at least Lana and Clark have broken up for good this time. Or are they? Next week's episode has Lana going to Clark for help again. Whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that the Clana relationship, as some people have called the relationship between Clark and Lana, hasn't really been going anywhere since episode 100 anyway. And what is up with Lana wanting to jump Clark's bones at the beginning of the episode? Weren't they like fighting, and didn't she say she needed time away from "us". I guess the writers thought that we might forget about that little tidbit since it has been so very long since we have had a new episode.

I thought Thirst was the weakest link of a real good season so far. Hypnotic has now taken that crown. At least Chloe had some decent scenes, but there wasn't much else in this very unspectacular episode.

And what about Lex? Here we have Clark throwing him around again like he's nothing, and he still doesn't get that he's not normal. For one of Superman's greatest villains, he sure is a moron at this younger age. Hope the writers do better than this for the rest of the season.
  • The gloves come off...

Hypnotic is a deceptively pivotal episode from Season 5. Besides the obvious, there are other developments in this episode that make this episode important for the series to evolve to its known conclusion.

When a mysterious girl named Simone enters Clark's life, she uses a strange jewel (which she wears around her neck) to hypnotize Clark into doing whatever she wishes. This leads to a very awkward "discovery" by Lana and a cold breakup between the two of them. When Clark's behavior becomes even increasingly unpredictable and uncharacteristic, Chloe investigates the girl and finds that she has a quite skullduggerous past.

The more chilling aspect is Lex's involvement in the proceedings, proving that he is going to more extreme lengths to find out about Clark's secrets (although the episode "Mortal" certainly makes that a case as well). But Lex has bigger fish to fry. He is off to Honduras to investigate strange behavior and a possible Milton Fine sighting.

Lex finds Fine and informs him he is aware of his true identity (which, of course, is far from accurate). Fine feeds him a story in which he is investigating strange extraterrestrial activity for the government. Lex, of course, is quick to believe the story given his same belief (Owning a spaceship for a while sure helped) and his obsession with unexplained phenomena.

So what is Fine actually doing in Honduras? Apparently collecting hazardous biological samples that can help him "multiply". It appears that Fine's next move will be much more powerful and much more subtle.

When Simone decides to make Clark kill Lex for his blackmail on her, this leads to a somewhat disturbing sequence in the mansion that ends up involving Lex, Clark, Chloe, and Simone. The ultimate conclusion of the scene is actually more effective than it could have been due to the quiet nature of the scene. Actually a pretty good climax to the episode.

But the big stuff happens in the final 15. Clark makes a giant leap forward in his evolution toward Superman. He finally throws up the towel on his relationship with Lana, citing that he cannot continue the relationship as is without telling her his secret -- which he cannot do because of possibly severe consequences. Chloe and Martha give some rather ominous words regarding Clark's decision, and there is no doubting the darkness of the scene between Lex and Lana at the end of the episode. And now we've got a new can of worms to attend to.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. The dialogue was fairly solid given the writers were Slavkin and Swimmer (my least favorite of the bunch), the direction was appropriately personal (There were many long close-ups on several of the characters throughout the episode), and the storylines were, to varying degrees, entertaining. Obviously the best was the Fine storyline.

Finally, the acting was above average again (a recurring theme from Season 5, to the show's credit). James Marsters and Michael Rosenbaum, as usual, stole the thunder in this one -- though I have to say that Kristin Kreuk did a pretty nice job in this one also.

Overall, a worthy effort from Season 5.
  • Well, not a series classic, but watchable. Best part was the split of Lana and Clark.

6.6
    It's about time!!! Lana and Clark are finally over. Well, one can hope that this is it. I was so over the constant on and off again relationship of those two.

The main storyline was how Clark was hypnotized, again. I think the true hero is Chloe, because she seems to always be saving Clark from himself. But it was fun to see him get his super freak on.

The side story was Lex and the professor meeting up again. It really did not explain much about the space ships dissapearence. Apparently, it is now in the jungle and Clark didn't really kill the professor.

All in all, it was slightly entertaining, but not enough.
  • Finally over...

Thank God the Clark and Lana relationship\'s over. It\'s been like the idiot \"The bold and the beautiful\" problems at times.

As to the plot, Clark hypnotized setting out to kill Lex, than Lex attempting to kill Chloe... whatever... deja vu anyone? ... hello! The writers seem to be running out of ideas and repeat old themes (\"Jinx\").

I think the struggle with Fine will set the tone for the rest of the season (although I sincerely hope it won\'t).

One thing that irks me. How many times has Clark been tossing Lex all over the room already (or lifting him with one hand)? Isn\'t it proof enough for Lex, he\'s stronger than he should be?

I will give it a 9,5 for ending the relationship bull.
  • What's next?? I prefer the killing of ...

Well, after such painfull breakup, I don\'t want to see Lana getting hitched with LEX :( a good twist is that either she moves for good or for Lex to kill her!!! what do you think people? this way we will never hate Lana and that would increase the drift between Clark and Lex so that they become enemies. Lex does not deserve Lana. It would be a HUGE disappointment if they get together. Imagine that Lex kills her because she discovers a big secret and does not approve, and before her death Clark tells her everything and she dies peacefully with Clark by her side!!!!
    I had a stomachache watching this episode and seeing Lana passing through such pains :(
  • The classifacation says it all. I think Smallville has officially jumped the shark. How many episodes can we have where the main plot point revolves around Clark getting hypnotized, or, some sort of item making him "not himself"?

1.4

When the season was gearing up for it's premiere, it was made to seem like this was the season. Clark and Lex will have a true falling out... which sort of happened, but, not really. They are no longer friends, but, they aren't really enemies either.

Maybe this was just a hiccup on the way to something better.... I hope.

The only promising item was the somewhat revelation of where the ship is, and all that surrounded that.......... for the last 5 minuites of the show.

To summarize, I didn't like Dawson's Creek the first time around. 5 1/2 years is pretty much enough of the "I love you, but can't tell you what my secret is, but I'll still go out with you, but I can't..." blah blah. They either need to start outing a "supermanish" character, or, something.
  • This episode is so full of surprise.

My comment on this episode:

All right, this episode has leave my eyebrow raised already. I've suspect about it. This episode has surprise me very well!

In the beginning, lana told clark that she'll be alone in dorm by herself, but not just herself, inculde her boyfriend too as well. I was very excited that their realtionship has moved forwardly very well.

Unluckly, Clark has work to do at the barn, so..it has left lana pretty much disappointed. As she leave and this beautiful woman, Simone. I has a strange feeling around her that I cannot ingore! Something about her isn't right at all. As she approach to clark and I discover that she using her gemstone necklane to control clark and command him to make love with her!

So, something about her has troubling me so far since her approaching! Since they've begin to make love and his friend has show up and see what they've been doing.

Apparentely, it has left his friend a clue about her and went to tell chole all about it. They were discussing about clark and simone. Chole puzzled and she knew that clark wouldn't do that to her.

Aye, I agreed with her. Clark wouldn't never do to her. That's what I suspect that he was hypnotized after all.

So, at the house, simone and clark have this talk and she want to have a champage and he runs very fast to get it.

At this point, I fear that simone being to know his secret. I fear that she would tell everyone about him. So, she being to ask him to show him of his power.

He did it anyways, I was so mad that simone using him like puppet after all! I find that it was so wrong! Totally wrong! I shake my head off and still troubling by her.

When both of them started to making love and his girlfriend lana has showed up and got heartbroken after she seeing them by making love.

I almost feels sorry for her, that she didn't know that clark was hypnotized by her. Well, simone did a such good job breaking them apart for good.

Now, As lex prepared to depeart smallville and head off to south america and see fine. Simone show up at his buidling and I become greatly angry! I knew that she is working for him! What's the bloodly heck is she doing??

So, lex want to know everything what she has work on so far and she did, but I suspect that she is protecting clark's secret. I was very worried that she would do that!

Lex is capable of everything and he could tell everyone around the world about him. That's a big, dark secret that clark doesn't want reveal to everyone.

I raised my eyebrow and I knew that lex ask her for one more favor left to do. It has left me a clue and couldn't raise my finger!

As chole show up and see clark to find out what's going on. She see the different clark and I like that when chole find a new clue about simone!

find anything in her bag was very brilliant! Many clues is inside of her bag!

Of course, lex/fine! I like the plot between them and fine was talking about how the alien race would wipe human race out on the earth for good. That's pretty scared, by the way!

Now, the clue has revealing about simone and I learned that simone murdered her own father for this gemstone necklane! I knew that if her father give this gemstone necklane to her, She has the powers to control everything whatever what she wants to!

Finally, I begin to understand what's going on with simone lately!! That's make me mad for what she did!

Chole grab the green stone and went to save clark from do something stupid.

As clark bring the travel luggage and were about to leave smallville forever for good! Thank god, she show up and stop him! Well, she tried her best to do.

That's where clark's mum show up and to see what's going on and simone told her to stop her from block them leaving to california.

Now, I'm very shocked that simone ask him to kill lex! He was doing her dirty work after all!

Afterwards, lex returned from south america and find himself in a clusmpy situation and clark find him and throw lex off like baby!

Lex tried to warn him that he is hypnotized by simone!!

Clark was SO close to kill him! Simone show up and enjoy the show!! Thank god chole show up and put green stone in his pocket and left him very weak and return to normal!

Lex has the gun and was about kill clark! He put up the great fight of all! In the end, the bullet has destroy gemstone and killed her! Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, she is out of the picture! I wont have to worry about her anymore! :D

In the end, I was so shocked that clark told lana that he doesn't love her. Aaah, that's the ugly truth I just discover by him! Perhaps, he was protecting her from discover his secret after all.

Perhaps, in the near future, lana will somehow discover his secret anyways, I just know it.

Overall, this episode deserve to be good score! I rated this episode to be 9.4. That will be all for now.
  • The episode was pretty good, but it reminded me of the Season 4 episode "Jinx"

Well I waited in my room to watch Smallville, then they showed this thing like Minnesota WB or something and it showed the city with Cars. That was going on for about a minute and I realized, great it froze. That lasted for 9 minutes.. 9 minutes!!! So I missed the beginning and the credits and commercials. When it came on they started showing Supernatural, then they showed it and there was no sound. So I had no idea what was going on.
    The episode was okay, but it was just like the episode "Jinx" in Season 4. The person tells you to do something, and you do it. They can control the people they are speaking to.
    The thing that I liked about this episode was the Clana is over. I'm pretty sure it's officially over. I liked it in the beginning, but I thought they broke up in "Reckoning." I'm ready for a new relationship, and I'm pretty sure that Lex and Lana will hook up. I want to see how that goes, at lease Lex will be more honest with her than Clark was.
    I thought it was pretty funny Martha being under Simone's spell. Then what Chloe said when she knocked her out. I'm glad there can actually be some funny scenes in it.
    Smallville is a wonderful show and I just hope that the episodes get even more action packed and more intresting and exciting. This season was well done so far, even if some of the episodes weren't the best.
  • Yay the soap opera is over!

Finally Clark and Lana split up so now we can get on with the decent/exciting story line rather than the boring soap opera :-p

The intro to the show was awesome, all the past scenes. Kinda reminded me of one of the Buffy eps where they recapped the whole 6-7 years in like 20 secs but this was just this series.

Anyway good show. Clark needs to get buff again though.
  • w00t, back with a bang from the break!

Been waiting a long while for this Clark / Lana moment to happen, thought they handled the whole thing really well.

Kinda annoying that yet another villain can come in and just "take over" Clark easily and control him like a puppet tho.

This season is easily the best of smallville to date , I just hope it keeps up!
  • to hate the feeling of love, because the love hurts you more than the hate does.

So what do I say about this? Clark Kent has to break the heart of someone that he loves. Although you can\'t see the passion between them you always know it\'s there. He has to break her heart so he doesn\'t rip it apart beyond repair. I really think that he thought he did it for the best, but if Lana is as strong as she comes on to be, then if Chloe can take Clarks secret, so can Lana. I can\'t imagine what it would be like to mysteriously get a call from your boyfriend who you\'ve loved passionately forever, and just when you think you\'re getting back on track and you can try things again...BAM...he\'s \"in love\" with another woman. Horrible, unspeakable, devastating..no words would be able to put my feelings into perspective. I really feel sorry for Lana, while everyone else knows, Clark can\'t tell the one woman in the world that he truly loves. She just wants answers, and although Clark has those answers he chooses not to give them to her for \"her sake\" I\'m sure. If this is supposed to be suspenseful, then it\'s not working, its just agrivating! Although I love this episode I must say. Some things that don\'t make sense...When Clark does his super-run to get Simone the champaign and the chocolate covered strawberries, it doesn\'t take him more that a few seconds, and I know from personal experience that cashiers take a few minutes to check the item, get your money and give you change etc. he couldn\'t do it unless the stuff was stolen, and in that case the police would be after him and would have proof that he\'s an alien.
    -----
    acting-9.5
    story line-9
    writing-8
    picture-8.5
    TOTAL-8.3
    -----
  • ummm well it had some good bits

5.5
    im starting to hate this series and on more then one occasion found myself routing for lex, how the big cry baby ever turns into the man of steel i will never know......billed as the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of lex and clark again a disapointing outcome... they seem to be doing this soo much this season...advertising one thing and then another happens im starting to despair at the \"it was earth all along\" style shows.......the writers just seem to have clark going round in circles constantly.....tho saying that the bits of the episode i liked contained lex and fine i found they really added to the story...but the clark bits for the most part where worth skipping (which i nearly did) in all a good and bad episode maybe now that he has broke up with lana he cant stop moping about and take it up a notch (baam) the story premise for the series is a good one they just keep muddying it up with such episodes.
  • Lana and Clark finally break up! Clark meets Simone at The Talon and because of her breakes up with Lana. In the end Clark relizes that because he has to keep his secret from Lana he is always going to hurt her so he breaks up with her

Ok that episode was so weird and a lot of questions could be wondered. Its like Clark and Lana loved eachother forever and Clark always wanted to be with her and after hurting her for the millionth time he says he doesnt love her anymore its so sad.But why didn’t Clark leave when he first heard Simone saying she was glad Lana left. Why was Simone going after Clark there are other guys that could of came back from preivous episodes or guest star in this episode. Also I thought that Fine died well he\'s alive. And did everyone go bac to normal after the thing on Simone’s neck broke. Also how did Lex know what Simone did? Chloe knew that something was wrong why didn’t she tell Lana so when Clark called she would of knew not to go, it would of kept Clark and Lana together. But why did Lana tell Lex first, because of their research together or something else it seemed that Lex likes Lana more than a friend.
  • Brianic is back and Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl Simone who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor.....Oh yeah, Clark and Lana finally break up for good

I was surprised when Brainiacs showed up again. The scene where brainiac is torching up the place and seeing his doubles, was a good momentum to keep watching the show and having more storylines to come.

The best part of the episode was when the hole Clana relationship finally came to a conclusion. Having Mrs. Kent talking to Clark about his relationship with Lana and not working out; forshadowed the Lois&Clark realtionship we all know and love.

Even though this episode wasn't the best I was just happy to have Smallville return. Now we have to watch the Lex & Lana relationship and his partnership with Brainac grow. The writers did a good job in the comidy department of humor in Lois and Chloe speaking how they feel about Clark.

Love Tom Welling and the cast of Smallville, Happy to watch the new episodes :) Keep up the great job!
  • This episode was okay.

Hypnotic was an okay episode. At first I was wondering why Simone pick Clark out of all the guys at the Talon to hook up with but then that was revealed. KK did a good acting job when she saw Clark with Simone and when the broke up. I did not like they way that they had Clark break up with Lana. Telling her that he did not love her was pretty harsh. I guess the biggest reason why they chose to do it that way is so that Lana will not want to go back to Clark and so that she will be pushed closer to Lex. The best parts of the episode were with Milton Fine. James Marsters is doing an excellent job playing Brainac. He is one of my favorite villains on Smallville. I just hope next week's episode is better.
  • They made us wait a whole month for new episodes of Smallville, and this is what we get? I'm sorry, but gratuitous sex does not a great episode make.

Well, Clark and Lana are finally broken-up...again....I mean it....no, for real this time. Okay fine, I don't believe it either. If only there was some assurance that this was not just another low point on this rollercoaster. Kind of like how the episode of Lois & Clark where they finally got married was titled "The Wedding (We Swear to God)."

At least they've decided where this relationship is at now. We've been in limbo ever since the 100th episode. But I did appreciate how easily she was able to say something like "Chloe told me you were hypnotised into making out with that naked bimbo and I believe her" with a straight face.

The parts with Fine and Lex were okay, but since this is apparently just the beginning of another over-arching story line, there wasn't any pay-off in this one, just more questions.

On the whole, I'm disappointed with this episode. After a month-long break I expected them to come back with guns blazing, but instead all we got was 40 minutes of Clark playing around with some girl and acting like a tool.
  • Clark is hypnotized and broke up with Lana.The girl(Simone)is under Lex influence and made her hypnotize Clark to find his secret, but she dobule-crossed Lex in the end.Lex finds Milton Fine in Honduras and an alliance is form.The episode ends with Clark

7.6
    Well after four seasons expecting the Clark/Lana relationship to finally surface, it all began and end in the fifth season. Now with that relationship disolve, looks like the Lois & Clark era will begun, maybe not this season, but most likely that something will unravel maybe in the next.

What intrigues me more of this episode was the Lex/Fine(Brainiac)partnership.It is obvious that Braniac is the one pulling the strings, he has no reason to partner with Lex ,unless he have something inline for Kal-El and is marey using Lex to get it. Wonder if Brianiac knows about Lionel/Jor-El union?
  • Clark gets hypmotized by a mystery girl and breaks Lana's heart when she finds him and the girl half naked in the barn on a couch. In the end of the episode he breaks up with her because he doesnt wanna break her heart anymore.Lex comfort's Lana after the

I'm starting to get sick of Lana. I liked her character for the first couple of season's but now that she's all about Clark having secrets and how he doesnt open up to her and yet she has secrets of her own. I know Clark and Lois end up together which is good but it would be nice to see Chloe and Clark together, since she is the onlyone besides Martha that knows about Clark's secret (oh and now Lionel ofcourse). This episode I liked because Clark finally officially ends things with Lana. Even though before it looked like things between them was over it just wasnt really anounced. I mean how long has it bin since they even kissed? It's over...and it was time.
  • Start of a new story arc

Overall, not a great episode. James Marsters as Milton Fine, though, is fantastic and it's good to have him back. I think we are at the start of what could shape up to be a really good story arc. Which would be nice since I feel Smallville has been struggling since Reckoning to find its groove.

MoTW was Simone, a human with a hypnotic necklace. As far as baddies go, she's on the low end - no fear was struck in my heart. She has been blackmailed by Lex to find out more about Clark, and as a bonus, break up Clana. Simone, however, doesn't care for blackmail and tries to get Clark to kill Lex. Needless to say, it would be a huge shift in Superman mythology if he succeeded, so Lex makes it through the show. Good thing, since Lex is by far the best developed character on the show!

Clark does finally end it with Lana, who goes running to Lex to cry - which could set up some great C's vs. L's - Clark/Chloe and Lex/Lana.

So I'm giving this one an 8/10 for the hopes it gave me for a kick butt end to the season...here's hoping it makes good on those expectations.
  • Heartbreaking...tragic...sadder then "Reckoning"...

So this is what it has come to for Clark and Lana. Besides the fact the fact that I believe their relationship should have at least lasted till season's end, the truth is that the writers assasinated Smallville's most important couple in the worst way possible. No it was not a mutual, bittersweet ending, but rather a knife-in-the-heart, tragic ending which shattered Clana into dust. And more than that is the fact that it was a lie when Clark told Lana "I don't love you", it means that Clana STILL would have been together if it were'nt for certain "circumstances". It leaves everyone thinking, 'well maybe Clark and Lana WERE meant to be, if only...". The truth is that Clark didn't leave Lana because he wasn't in love with her, but because of all the outside "factors" keeping them from being happy together. Meaning, even when he finally is with Lois, he'll still wonder, "If only...". Sad, sad, sad. But there WAS a redeeming quality to this episode, Kristin and Tom's acting is flawless. Especially Kristin's when Clark falsely abdicates his love for her, the look of shock on Lana's face is heartbreaking as she stumbles backward onto the couch. She realized that the person who has been the ONE constant thing in her life...no longer loves her. And as Joss Whedon once said, "The worst feeling in the world is loving someone who used to love you."
  • Clark and Lana call it quits. Lex and Brainiac team up for the first time.

For the first time Lex Luthor and Brainiac team up. In what is destined to be one of the great villian teams throughout the DC universe, Brainiac and Lex have gotten together in what promises to be trouble for Clark. Meanwhile, thanks to a seductress Clark and Lana are done for good.

It was an excellent episode, playing further into the DC universe. With Clark and Lana done, does this mean it's time for Lois to realize her feelings for Clark? Or will we finally see a quick fling between Chloe and Clark. Chloe has trully grown this season into an amazing young woman and it's hard to believe that Clark hasn't noticed.
    What trouble will Lex and Brainiac cause for Clark? Things are really picking up and Clark's about to face his biggest troubles yet.
    This episode was just another great example of Smallville's appeal and it pushes us closer to Clark's days of flight and tights.
  • ...Simply Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor. Of course, ever since the episode LEXMAS, Lex been wanting Lana more than ever. And everything else unfolds from then. Oh, Clark and Lana 'officially' break

To those Clark & Lana fans, I'm sure this was a sad episode to watch but it was going to happen sooner or later. Clark and Lana are brought together by fate, but separated by destiny. We all know who Clark is destined with so as much as some like Clark and Lana (as I did or I'm sure more for some of you), it's time to move on.

Now as far as how the acting was done, it was great. Clark & Lana in the end was really sad and props to Kristen with her emotional scenes. (i.e. when she caught Clark at the barn, after he tells her that he fell in love with someone else, and when he said he didn't love her). It was heartbreaking for me especially always been a Clark and Lana fan. I agree with another post, there was a little lacking of heart though. After everything Clark and Lana been through together, it didn't make quite sense why things turn out the way things did. Anyway, I'm not going to go through my reasons right now. Part of me wish they can go back to being just good friends, but I know the writers aren't going to let that happen for a while.

As far as the whole space, Honduras thing it was good, but to be honest, I haven't been following. We'll see how that storyline unfolds. I gave this episode a 8.2 mainly because of the Clark and Lana heartbreaking scenes (I wish they cut the commercial and add more of the scenes) and the funny moments at the Kent's. Did Clark really just tap Lois in the head?

Take care! :)