Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

Episode Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• ...Simply Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor. Of course, ever since the episode LEXMAS, Lex been wanting Lana more than ever. And everything else unfolds from then. Oh, Clark and Lana 'officially' break

To those Clark & Lana fans, I'm sure this was a sad episode to watch but it was going to happen sooner or later. Clark and Lana are brought together by fate, but separated by destiny. We all know who Clark is destined with so as much as some like Clark and Lana (as I did or I'm sure more for some of you), it's time to move on.

Now as far as how the acting was done, it was great. Clark & Lana in the end was really sad and props to Kristen with her emotional scenes. (i.e. when she caught Clark at the barn, after he tells her that he fell in love with someone else, and when he said he didn't love her). It was heartbreaking for me especially always been a Clark and Lana fan. I agree with another post, there was a little lacking of heart though. After everything Clark and Lana been through together, it didn't make quite sense why things turn out the way things did. Anyway, I'm not going to go through my reasons right now. Part of me wish they can go back to being just good friends, but I know the writers aren't going to let that happen for a while.

As far as the whole space, Honduras thing it was good, but to be honest, I haven't been following. We'll see how that storyline unfolds. I gave this episode a 8.2 mainly because of the Clark and Lana heartbreaking scenes (I wish they cut the commercial and add more of the scenes) and the funny moments at the Kent's. Did Clark really just tap Lois in the head?

Take care! :)
  • Clark is hypnotized by a woman who uses a supposedly magical charm to control others - he reveals his super powers and is sent to kill Lex. Meanwhile, Lex has tracked down the missing Professor Fine and plans to confront him, unaware that Clark is coming

Now we all know how many times clark and lana have broken up. will this really be the last time? (yeah right)Now Lex really thinks he can get lana(NOT). I cant belive he is really trying the rebound tactic to get her. I cant see them two at all. Next episode looks hot.
  • Were the writers of tonight's show new? Have they not followed the storyline for the past 5 years?

Ok, I have been a faithful fan since the beginning and I just can\\\'t believe the writers chose to break Lana and Clark up this way. It was SO out of character for Clark. I have always known that Clark would end up with Lois but it happens in the distant future. My goodness Clark just traded Lana\\\'s life for another of his loved ones mere weeks ago and now the writers would have us believe, in this short period of time, Clark can let her go???

Clark should tell Lana his secret and let her chose how to deal with it. And, don\\\'t you think it was way out of character for Clark to so easily share the secret of his powers while hynotized?

Come on...
  • Amazing Come Back!

Finally, Smallville has come back on Air, and with a punch. I was wondering when the writers of smallville were going to get off thier butts and give us, the fans, something to talk about. The last few episodes have beeen alittle weak, but this episode was on point. I can't wait to see how this story line turns out. !!
  • Clark 'officially' breaks it off with Lana. Clark is hypnotized and is turned into a sex slave. Lex finds Fine.

O.k raise your hand if you really think its over with Clark and Lana. I'm convinced she will eventually find out about Clark. Maybe not this year but before this show ends. I can't help it I like those two!! I agree with whoever wrote that when Lois is in an episode it feels forced. I don't think I'd miss the character if she left. Lex ans Lana as a couple makes me gag. Lex is not sexy in any way shape or form.I'm excited for next weeks episode. Looks like a good one!!
  • Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right!

Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right! Heres my usual breakdown:

Clark: Man it sucks to be you. Things that I wanted to happen this episode almost or actually did happen with him. He almost Superpowered Lex's arse and he broke off his relationship with Lana. (Breathing a heavy sigh of relief) ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!! I think he was to easily seduced. I would have loved him to put up more of a resistance on some of Simones commands. Like when she asks him for his secret or when she tells him to leave Lana. And especially the command to kill. He gave in to easily. I know he's young and not yet Superman but those are things that he should have at least shown a little bit of struggle in his face. Of course Im just notpicking. I did enjoy how he realized, despite him loving Lana, he knew, deep down, she wasnt the one.

Lex: What an @$$. Not only did he blackmail Simone, but he sent her after Clark to discover his secret. And to break up Clana. (Of course he's actually my hero for that last one) I love seeing him one step ahead of everyone and manipulating the scene even when he's miles away. This is the Lex of the future. In the here and now. I was suprised that he started defending Clark at the end, but then I realized, it was only a ploy to get to Lana.

Lana: I here many people complaining about the way things broke up with Lana and Clark. I have no problems. Youve got to see the story potential that will occur. One one side we have the Zod Squad: Lex, Lana, and Braniac. And on the other side the Jor-El Squad: Clark, Lois, and Chloe. Its gonna be great!!!

Chloe: Clark is damn lucky to have her as a friend. And I hope this episode finally puts to rest the theory that she's still in ove with Clark. I saw absolutly ZERO reaction to her learning Clark was with another woman. I also loved how she "knows" how Clark is. And KNOWS when he's being manipulated. The signs of a true friend. I was also laughing when she knocked Mrs. Kent. It was unexpected and hilarious. I dont think she's ever been knocked out like that.

Lois: Ah, the comedy relief. She does bring something to the show that was missing. I enjoy her more and more. Her being knocked out by Clark has got to be another hilarious scene in this episode. Her use of the sunshades on Simone shows just how resourceful she can be. And that she's not a mindless body.

Simone: Your classic freak of the week. Nothing really special. I dont think she was inherently bad, and she did find Clark interesting. She was good enough to protect Clark secret from Lex and everyone else. But of course murdering your own father puts one a long way from being a saint. Nothing special about her. Just the situations she created.

Braniac: Ah the true star of the episde. Despite his short and brief appearances. He returned in a blazing glory...quite literally. The episode finally establishes that Braniac is actually the Spaceship. And that Milton Fine(s) are just his extensions. Lex was lucky to not be turned into a human sized shiscobob in the begining. I love him manipulating the situation for his needs. It shows how intelligent he truly is. He changed his background from Teacher to FBI and left breadcrumbs for Lex to follow. To gain Lex's trust. And in doing so, his company. He looking for samples. Obviously Blood Samples. But what for? How will infected blood help int he release of Zod? Could it have something to do with Kryptonian visitors of the past? This episode set down the groundwork for what can be a GREAT season finale.

All in all, a re-hash of a previouse episode that I would have given s 5-10. But this time they actually did it correctly. And the sub-plot (Braniac returns and Clana break up) makes this episode a 8-10
  • Clark breaks up with Lana for the last time Lex trys to get his secret Dr Fine comes back from who knows where and now theres multiples of him....blah blah blah boring

Very boring episode with no surprises. Clarks break up with Lana long over due, for dumb reasons just hope Lex doesnt end up with her. They need to get the story line back on track with him becoming superman or episodes with other young super heros like with Run or Aqua.
  • Clark broke up with lana for the very last time. Lex hires simone to hypnotize clark to get his secret. She uses his secret to her advantage and has him to try and kill lex. Clark would succed if chloe did not use the kryptoniteand knock him our in time.

this was one of the best episodes i have ever saw of smallville. the suspense was crazy. i like the part when mrs. kent pulled the shotgun out on lois.Chloe knock her out with a rolling pin from her very own kitchen. simone is one crazy person who is going to jail for murder of her father.
  • C\'mon writers make the episodes a bit juicier and smarter...we don\'t need another smallville wall of weird character of the week!

I\'m sorry, but this episode made about as much sense as a Britney Spears song sung by Bob Dylan. First of all If Lex knew about the jewel that controlls people\'s minds why would he let her out when she could control his mind???

Secondly, I hate Lana and I hope she teams up with Lex so that supe can take em both down. Why does Brainiac even bother to talk to Lex when he can pretty much do what ever he wants with his powers?

Ok so I had some mild disagreements with the story, but I\'m a huge Supe fan and will still watch, hoping that good friend Chloe will win Clark\'s heart before he ends up with Lois.

Looking for the Kal-el/Braniac showdown!!!
  • A suprisingly good episode

I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical about this episode. On the surface, the premise to this episode sounds extremely lame. Clark being hypnotized and becoming a sex slave?

However, I was really suprised how good this episode turned out to be. In fact, it is one of my favorite episodes from this season.

I thought the episode was outstanding.

The Clark and Lana break up was long overdue. I really like the way that it was done too. Clark realized it was the right thing to do. Although the Clana shippers must be really hating life right now considering they waited 5 years for Lana to find out the secret and Clark would rather lie to Lana than tell her the truth. What really cracks me up is how many people were saying they short changed the reveal in Reckoning to serve as a preview for what's to come..

I loved the Lex/Fine subplot. I found it to be extremely interesting and very well done. The ship with the multiple Fine's is very cool. It is always great to see Lex embracing his curious side, because as we all know it is what eventually makes him become who he is destined to be.

I actually enjoyed the hypnotize plot. I thought the actress who played Simonne was extremely attractive which helped, but I really thought TW was on tonight in the role. The way he delivered that line about Lex "Then he's a dead man" was just so perfect. Cracked me up.

While I hate the idea of Lexana, I liked the way they put the spin on it of Martha saying " I hope you don't force Lana to do something we will all regret" like Lana and Lex both becoming evil. That would be interesting to see.

Chloe was great as always. Really liked the references to various types of Kryptonite too.

Gripes I had :

- Why was Lois in this episode? Everytime she is used, it feels forced. There is never a real point to the appearance of the character. She is always just there. Although, she did have a few good lines tonight, and the way Clark knocked her out was funny.

- How in the hell did Lana get to Smallville so fast? Last time I checked, Metropolis was not ten minutes away.

- Lex's attitude about how Clark was able to be so strong. "You are under hypnosis, how else do you think you could throw me across the room?" The whole reason Lex hired Simonne besides breaking Clark and Lana up was because he suspected Clark of being unusual. Then he just casually dismisses it? How many times has he suspected Clark? Hell, has he forgotten how Clark and he met? Also, why in the hell is Lex still defending Clark?

But overall, I thought this episode was entertaining and filled with outstanding character development.
  • Smallville's 5th mind-controlling person and the long overdue but unstatisfying breakup

They must be running out of ideas. Someone with the power of mind control comes along (number 5 in fact- 1st season the guy with the handshake power, 2nd season the woman who has the power to seduce any man, 3rd season Chloe forces people to tell the truth, 4th Season Myxlpklk as foreign exchange student) and Clark acts not of his own free will (I've simply lost count of the number of times that's happened, between body switching, Red K, and mind control). Ultimatelyy though, it's irrelevant, because Chole saves the day and Lana is even willing to forgive Clark.

However, Clark finally decides to end it with Lana, ending a five year limbo in the most unsatisfying manner possible. Yes, I understand, he wants to protect her in some vague way, but really he shouldv'e just told her at this point. Whether they stay together or not the series has gone on for too long without Lana finding out. If they break up, it should be final in the sense that she knows everything, and it still doesn't work out. Maybe that he realizes he's needed in Metropolis and she wants to stay in smallville, or that she loves Clark Kent but not Superman (the opposite of Lois, who's always been more attracted to Superman than Clark Kent).

Just bleh. The overall arc of the season has been great, but really the relationship arc has been terrible. You'd think after 4 years of waiting for this relationship they would've handled it better. They better settle the issues between them at some point.
  • Perhaps it was the hiatus, but the wind seems to be knocked out of the sails on this series.

Every so often there’s an outstanding episode worth buying the season’s dvds for, but such episodes are becoming few and far between. A permanent breakup between Lana and Clark is so depressing and dark and a dead end. The good parts of this episode: I liked the idea of the woman hypnotizing Clark to do her bidding and Professor Fine initially arming himself behind his back when Lex was getting too threateningly close, and then retreating when he discovered it was a misunderstanding. Good story technique. The girl had a good motive to sic Clark on Lex, but it seemed more like a handy plot device because it wasn’t very developed. Another great part was when the girl hypnotized Martha into agreeing to let Clark leave out of her life and be happy about it (“Well, then, you have a good trip), and Clark happily goes along with it kissing her good by, “Thanks, Mom,” acting as if this was completely normal. That was all good fun. Whenever Welling is playing the bad guy, he does it with a smile, which really works for me. Although all the plot points were there, this storyline was just weak. It lacks heart.
  • Finally. Clark and Lana end it.

I have been a fan of this show for years, and for the first two seasons I liked Clark's crush on Lana, but then it got monotonous. Then it got aggravating. Then it got just plain boring, and the more I disliked the "Clana," the more I disliked Clark Kent. Hence, the reason why I liked this episode: it marks the ultimate, final end to their relationship. Now she can move on, be furious, plot revenge, and finally sweat up the sheets with Lex Luthor, like I've been rooting for all along.

All in all it was a solid episode... although the WB hasn't figured out yet that their main audience isn't all that thrilled with gratuitous pre-sex scenes (we weren't subjected to skin with Clana when they finally did it in that gag-worthy scene, so why do we have to see him making out with the 100,000th freak of the week?). That aside, the scenes with Lex and Professor Fine in the jungle were fantastic. I can tell this is going to be a great diabolical dynamic. Lois Lane delivered her one-liners brilliantly, again, since that's what she does best, and Chloe had a few moments of brilliance.

By far the best scene is at the end. It concludes, as so many episodes have, with Lex and Lana, only this time the audience understands what's happening: the ultimate seduction of Lana Lang has begun. I say, after all this time, bring it on.
  • Finally...

I've always felt that Lana and Clark would either have to go all the way and be happy, or else break up, and stop trying to be something their not. The show seems to be filled past it's peak of episode after episode of Lana trying to get closer to Clark and him pushing away, or vice-versa. I mean we've had enough.

And Apparantly the writers have too (4 years too late...but w/e). They have broken up, one assumes permanently. Thank god, now we can haveso real plots where clark does real "Super" things (That is after this next episode which looks like it's gonna suck more than my vacuum).

You hear that, writers? Stop with the crappy story lines. Smallville's ratings are dropping, it hasn't been renewed for another season...we don't need an episode in which Lana sees dead people. What we need is more huge superpower battles, more plot twists, conspiracies, more about Clarks past, and his father, more with Nathan Fine, more saving of lives, more Chloe and Lois, and more evil Lex. This show has so much potential, it's time we reached for it.
  • We see Milton Fine again while Lex goes to Honduras in search of the spaceship. A girl named Simone uses a hypnotic necklace to make Clark do anything she wants.

I am really really sad about Lana and Clark breaking up. That's it, no more. It will never come back. I was yelling at Clark during the whole thing. Stupid whore had to mess everything up. Oh well I guess cause it was kinda getting dragged out. I hope Lana and Lex hook up cause I also like them together. It was cool to see Milton Fine again. The clones near the end of the episode was great and how he played Lex was simply genious. It was a great episode just like the series and I can't wait til nex week.
1 2 3 >