Smallville

Hypnotic

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

• Some wh*re gets with clark and hypnotises him to break up lana... this is beginning to get ridiculous. Can't directors find anything else interesting than this ball game all the time. Beginining to really get to me now.

Beginining to really get to me now.

k lk k k k k k k lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k k
  • wow...again, clark does the same mistake - push lana away, and this time worse.

y does clark repeatedly do the same mistake over and over again. i mean, he doesn't have to lie again because jor el's warning about someone close to him is goin to die is over now. he can easily tell lana without risking it. i mean he already know the outcome so wut the hell is wrong with the creators? could they make clark any more dumb? this is ridiculous. i hope they make better episodes because this one is extremely pitiful, and i'm tired of seeing this over and over again. alicia baker and kyla willowbrook were better for clark anyways. it's too bad the creators managed to kill off the good characters so easily. this is too pathetic.....
  • Once again the writers back track on previously established "rules" in the Smallville series. Rules that they established themselves. An utterly ridiculous episode.

The writers in this series have repeatedly established that Clark is not affected in the same way as other people by "special powers". Time and time again we have seen him be immune to the mind controlling affects of other peoples special abilities (see the episode where he gets his heat vision or the episode where Chloe has the ability to make people tell the truth). Once again we have been betrayed by the writers of Smallville.

What is Clark trying to save Lana from by breaking up with her for good and LYING and saying that he doesn't love her? Shouldn't the great Super-moron be doing just the opposite and telling her the TRUTH so that she can understand what's going on and can be better protected by knowing that Clark can be trusted and has the power to protect her? Why is Clark so obtuse that he can't see that Lana is in danger EVERY episode, whether she knows the truth or not? How can telling her the truth put her in any more mortal danger than what she suffers each episode already?

Since Season 3 Lana has been such a poorly written and misused character. She is justified in hating Clark because he is written as a COMPLETE and utter idiot. He needs to find a backbone and start standing up for what he believes in and what he's willing to fight for. He needs to stop being reactive and become more proactive. He needs to stop making all these spur of the moment, poorly thought out decisions.

Just a completely poor episode all around. Hack-writers couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag.
  • Truly rubbish. Bad script-writing. Relationally unrealistic. Factory manufactured.

Rubbish. Yet ANOTHER episode where Clark is "not himself." How many of those do we really need to see again? And this whole breaking up with Lana thing? It's wrong on so many levels. Let's look at this rationally.

Firstly, Jonathan's dead. So no one else is going to die. Secondly, Cyborg's girlfriend obviously understands from the last episode. In fact, Lana HERSELF says it's the right thing to do; to tell reveal the truth to one's loved one. So what's stopping Clark from telling Lana? In reality, Smallville's powers-that-be don't want to piss Superman purists off by contradictin the Lois Lane romance. But as we all know, the comics are a mess and it's time we have a version of Superman that has Clark go with Lana. Get some backbone! In the show, the writers make up some flimsy nonsense with Martha telling Clark, "Oh maybe you didn\\\'t tell her because she's not the one." That's the lamest thing I've ever heard in my life.

What should have happened? Clark should've told Lana and they should still be together. And what if the powers-that-be insisted on having them break up?

Lana should do the breaking up, if anything. She should get sick and tired of Clark not being himself and being secretive. I know I'm sick and tired of it. Or maybe Lana should die. That's not a bad idea either, actually. That episode where Lana died was a REALLY powerful episode. A lot more than I can say for this rubbish. Alternatively, Clark could tell Lana and Lana could freak out and ask for a long break for her to think. Then she could go off somewhere for a while. Like Paris. Again. Lol.

Bloody ridiculous. Season Six better be better.
  • This was dreadful! I don\'t understand people who wrote a bad review about this episode and rated it 9.1. In a scale from 1 to 10, I think 9.1 means pretty good! Clark hypnotised again! Probably the writers are running out of brain, so they

1.2
    Also, didn\'t Lois interrupt Clark and Simone while they were going at it in the alley? So, how could it be possible that they did not go all the way in the barn just after Simone forced him to dismiss Lana!

This is typical of this writers, like when Lana, Chloe and Lois were possesed by evil witches, they had an all night long party with half Smallville High (including Clark), but somehow neither of them ended up getting any (nor Clark, obviusly).

Besides, had or had not Clark make love to Simone while hypnotised does not affect the main story. Wait...! I forgot, the lame excuse for Clark being so distant with Lana is that he may hurt her in the heat of passion. That is just plain stupid.

Come on! he mastered super strength when he was 9! Was not his first revealed power along side super-speed?

I dont want to forget the very unsupportive attitude of Martha. How could he not suggested Clark to tell the truth to Lana when he keeps saying she is the one for him?

What kind of Mother is her? She doesn\'t know about the time travel that allowed Clark to save Lana from Lex, so there is no reason for her not to support his son in this matter.

This was probably the worst episode ever (and though most episodes are entertaining, I might say this was not the first really lame episode in the 5 years of the show).

PS: is such a crime to let Lana know about Clark super powers? there were versions of the story in which she knew and besides, this show has taken so much licenses when it comes to the real story, that such a thing would not heart it at all (or is it that they plan to continue Smallville until the whole gangs turns 30 without Clark turning into Superman?).
  • This was seriously one of the worst episodes yet. I mean seriously Clark should just tell her....

1.3
    Clark breaks with Lana twice in this episode. After seeing what it did to her the first time he should of had enough heart to tell her his secret. Its not like she can die because of his secret since Jonathan Kent already died. I understand that he doesn\\\\\\\'t want to hurt her while intimate, but he can learn to control his power like he did when playing on the football team. He didn\\\\\\\'t chuck the ball a hundred miles every play, he controlled himself. She understood him the first time he told her and they both love each other and they can work it out amongst themselves. (But i guess Kristin Kreuk asked for too much money so they killed her off as they did with John Schneider...lol)
    WORST EPISODE EVER...
  • The classifacation says it all. I think Smallville has officially jumped the shark. How many episodes can we have where the main plot point revolves around Clark getting hypnotized, or, some sort of item making him "not himself"?

1.4

When the season was gearing up for it's premiere, it was made to seem like this was the season. Clark and Lex will have a true falling out... which sort of happened, but, not really. They are no longer friends, but, they aren't really enemies either.

Maybe this was just a hiccup on the way to something better.... I hope.

The only promising item was the somewhat revelation of where the ship is, and all that surrounded that.......... for the last 5 minuites of the show.

To summarize, I didn't like Dawson's Creek the first time around. 5 1/2 years is pretty much enough of the "I love you, but can't tell you what my secret is, but I'll still go out with you, but I can't..." blah blah. They either need to start outing a "supermanish" character, or, something.
  • The role of Clark is made more and more stupid by the storywriter. No sane young man would ever react like him... Please don\'t let him act as he is living in another world!

Anyone who watched Smallville from day one, was expecting Clark and Lana to become a couple. I don\'t see Lois and Clark ever having a relationship, because characterwise they don\'t fit together. But alas, the story doesn\'t allow it.
    The storywriter does not know what the public wants or he just ignores it. We want Clark and Lana being together!!!
    This episode is just painfull and tries to explain by all (possible and impossible) means why Clark breaks up with Lana.
    Now it starts hurting my sense of reality...
  • Clark breaks up with Lana for the last time Lex trys to get his secret Dr Fine comes back from who knows where and now theres multiples of him....blah blah blah boring

Very boring episode with no surprises. Clarks break up with Lana long over due, for dumb reasons just hope Lex doesnt end up with her. They need to get the story line back on track with him becoming superman or episodes with other young super heros like with Run or Aqua.
  • Crapville!

2.5
    Hypnotic-Clark is hypnotized by a woman who uses a supposedly magical charm to control others - he reveals his super powers and is sent to kill Lex. Meanwhile, Lex has tracked down the missing Professor Fine and plans to confront him, unaware that Clark is coming to murder him.

After watching "Hypnotic", I couldn't help but question if I wanted to continue watching this season. This could have easily been the worst episode of Smallville if it wasn't for James Masters' return as Brainiac! What I don't understand is what the writers were thinking when they thought Clark acting dumber than usual would make for a decent hour of television. Lex hiring a seductress with hypnotic powers to break Clark and Lana up...I mean really?! Of all the things Lex could have done, that's what he uses her for. What about learning the truth about Clark? Wouldn't that have been a better storyline? This episode features some of the worst acting from the cast, especially Tom Welling. This is probably the most I've hated Clark until Season 7's "Sleeper" topped that. Lana just grates to no end and when she finds Clark cheating on her, you're suppose to feel bad for her, but I just didn't care as you know it would resolved at the end. Nichole Hiltz is one Smallville's most horrible guest actors and Simone is one of the worst freaks of the week ever written. I just hated how everyone acted so childish around Simone with her hypnotic powers. Once again, the only saving grace was Brainaic's return. The scenes between Lex and Fine are award winning material compared to the garbage that's the rest of the episode. I loved the teaser with Fine stealing a vaccine from 2 scientists and wrecking havoc in Honduras. Also, the Clana break-up scene was rewarding and pitiful at the same time. Finally, all this Clana angst is done with (atleast we thought it was at that moment!) yet you find it hilarious that the writers couldn't find a better way to break them up. It makes their relationship seem even MORE pointless that it already was. But despite all that, "Hypnotic" is one awful piece of television with some terrible writing, horrendous guest stars, and cringe-worthy performances.
  • this episode was very werid i hate lex for getting a girl to fall in love with clark even though he likes lana and lana catches them at the loft and lex is so happy cause now he can get with lana lana asked clark if he still had feelings for heR

3.5
    I didnt like it at all lex is so mean and selfish he wants lana for his self that way he can make shore they can never be together he says he lovs lana but i think he is just using her and who nos clark and lana can still be together in season 6 and the girl lex setted up with clark is a ugly cow with curly farty dum hair 1 she realised wat lex did she gets angry because clark had a girl friend all ready chole nos wat lex is up too and get angry that is so mean
  • A young woman comes along with a cleavage and a pendant and suddenly Clark is a changed man? Nothing really makes sense in this episode!

OK, so Clark is vulnerable to certain things - all the varying colours of Kryptonite - but he's never been vulnerable to the same things as others in the same way.

Suddenly up pops Barbie from nowhere in particular for no particular reason and suddenly just one little word and Clark's anyone's!? It's not even clear that it's red kryptonite in there until the end, and even that wouldn't have the same effect. It makes him bad and rebellious because he wants to be - not controlled by hypnosis.

There are too many plot holes, many of which are included in the notes and trivia. The differences in time, the fact that he's not supposed to have had sex with this woman despite the taking off of as many clothes as they could get away with on prime time.

And why doesn't she reveal his secret? To anyone? How could Lex hope to control her if she's really able to control him at the drop of an amulet? And since her abilities seem caught up in the necklace, why is she so great at hypnosis. Shouldn't it be one of the meteor rock abilities that she's gained or something vaguely believable?

The only rather fun part is Clark knocking Lois out by flicking her head with his finger. The episode needed much more of this kind of insight and humour - or needed a real dark side to it.

It seems obvious to me that the writers were looking for a way to break up Clark and Lana. Unfortunately, now the series has continued (which I'm really glad about), it's becoming obvious because of the Superman legend that Clark and Lana are never meant to be together, so they had to find a way of making sure they aren't. I just think it could have been so much better handled than this very wimpy episode. I haven't watched the final episodes in this season yet, so I'm hoping that this is the last time we'll have to sit through the friends/lovers/enemies/friends/lovers/in-love/broken up/ not quite sure where are now kind of stuff that they've put us all through for the previous seasons. Yes we wanted them to be together. Yes we know they can't be. So stop simpering the pair of you and get a life!

There was such potential here for a great ending to the romance, but I truly believe the writers botched it big time.

Shame.
  • lame and trips up the story

apart from the sometimes weird choices (see the summary and notes) this lacks conviction (oke it's a show about a superhero i know)

1 the storyline has been done a couple of times before
    2 if clark knows that simone was send by lex why does he not act on this information
    3 adding up to nr 2 why does he drive lana into lex's arms
    4 lana and clark were friends long before they were lovers, doesn't it seem strange that when clark says his feelings have changed it is so unconvincing and still it seems weird that lana hates him for it, sure he had a reason but it shows clark once again to be more brawn than brain, superior being from space indeed

somehow it seems not enough to spark the epic confrontations between lex en clark we now that will come

the simple fact that it does not account for lana lang not being there in the future superman lore to me says that this is only the beginning and it will end with lana getting fragged with both lex and clark blaming each other

to be honest lana lang has long stopped to be a vital part of the series, lois and chloe feed the story lana distracts

• Smallville's 5th mind-controlling person and the long overdue but unstatisfying breakup

4.1
    They must be running out of ideas. Someone with the power of mind control comes along (number 5 in fact- 1st season the guy with the handshake power, 2nd season the woman who has the power to seduce any man, 3rd season Chloe forces people to tell the truth, 4th Season Myxlpklk as foreign exchange student) and Clark acts not of his own free will (I've simply lost count of the number of times that's happened, between body switching, Red K, and mind control). Ultimatelyy though, it's irrelevant, because Chole saves the day and Lana is even willing to forgive Clark.

However, Clark finally decides to end it with Lana, ending a five year limbo in the most unsatisfying manner possible. Yes, I understand, he wants to protect her in some vague way, but really he shouldv'e just told her at this point. Whether they stay together or not the series has gone on for too long without Lana finding out. If they break up, it should be final in the sense that she knows everything, and it still doesn't work out. Maybe that he realizes he's needed in Metropolis and she wants to stay in smallville, or that she loves Clark Kent but not Superman (the opposite of Lois, who's always been more attracted to Superman than Clark Kent).

Just bleh. The overall arc of the season has been great, but really the relationship arc has been terrible. You'd think after 4 years of waiting for this relationship they would've handled it better. They better settle the issues between them at some point.
  • Fairly lack lustre episode, back to the old villain of the week theme. Simone arrives as a villain with hypnotic powers, which is the back story behind Clark, yet again, breaking up with Lana.

4.3

The writers of the series seem to have boxed themselves into an insane corner. They\'re never going to let Clark hook up with Lana, because we all know from Superman lore he\'s destined to be with Lois. But they wanted his childhood girlfriend, so week after week we get the same, on again, off again, stuff. The only way of progressing the Clark/Lana storyline is for them to break up or him to tell her his secret (and not have it convieniently forgotten by the end of the episode). He can\'t tell the secret so they\'ve got to break up. Hopefully they\'re finally finished with this and Clark and Lana break up never to try again.

Meanwhile the Simone story line was daft, she can do anything with that crystal so why let herself get boxed in by Lex. She could easily hypnotise others to get herself close to Lex.

As an aside at the end we get the crystal destroyed and everyone\'s hypnosis removed. Presumably this means all those people hypnotised by her father also have their hypnosis removed. So all those poor smokers, nail biters etc. are back to their bad habits (if the release was due to her death then her father\'s hypnosis patients would have been released when he died, something Chloe might have spotted in her research).
  • A blonde beauty hypnotizes Clark. While under her spell he tells Lana he wants to break up with her and tries to kill Lex. When the spell is broken he realizes he has to break up with Lana even though he still loves her.

4.7
    More than painful it was dumb.
    I mean how does it make sense when you think about all the things Clark has said about Lana and done for her that when she asks him point blank, do you love me, he says no.
    I don\\\\\\\'t get it. It wasn\\\\\\\'t that long ago that he finally got the courage to reveal his secret to her and propose to her. And he was so crushed when he thought she was dead. If he still loves her like he told his mom, why didn\\\\\\\'t he just say Lana we need a break from her instead of telling her a lie he had to know would crush her?
    It seems like part of that phony destiny thing and the people who feed Clark his lines have decided its time to keep him and Lana apart so they can set up some kind of relationship between Clark and Lois.
  • Clark should move on from Lana and be with Chloe!!

Clark and Lana’s relationship always seemed so hectic. They could never just happily be together and now it has apparently ended - for about the billionth time. Seriously how many different ways can Clark and Lana’s relationship end? Even though when I saw this episode for the first time I didn’t think it was over for good because it never is. I think Clark should be with Chloe because those to are so close, she knows his secret, she likes him and I think they would make a really nice couple. I also felt so sorry for Chloe when Clark told her he’d proposed to Lana, her face!
  • Mind control again. Please can the writers come up with something new. Boring.

I did not like this episode. After a month of waiting we get this, the weakest episode of what has been a very strong season. A girl with a necklace which hynotizes people. Please can we get something better than this. Mind control has been overused in Smallville.

I didn't even like the scenes with Milton Fine and Lex. I was expecting Smallville to crank it up with the return of Milton Fine, but no. We are even left with an unsatisfying ending involving Fine, the ship, and some kind of disease that effects people in Honduras. Wonder where they're going with that? I wasn't impressed that's for sure.

Well at least Lana and Clark have broken up for good this time. Or are they? Next week's episode has Lana going to Clark for help again. Whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that the Clana relationship, as some people have called the relationship between Clark and Lana, hasn't really been going anywhere since episode 100 anyway. And what is up with Lana wanting to jump Clark's bones at the beginning of the episode? Weren't they like fighting, and didn't she say she needed time away from "us". I guess the writers thought that we might forget about that little tidbit since it has been so very long since we have had a new episode.

I thought Thirst was the weakest link of a real good season so far. Hypnotic has now taken that crown. At least Chloe had some decent scenes, but there wasn't much else in this very unspectacular episode.

And what about Lex? Here we have Clark throwing him around again like he's nothing, and he still doesn't get that he's not normal. For one of Superman's greatest villains, he sure is a moron at this younger age. Hope the writers do better than this for the rest of the season.
  • Were the writers of tonight's show new? Have they not followed the storyline for the past 5 years?

Ok, I have been a faithful fan since the beginning and I just can\\\'t believe the writers chose to break Lana and Clark up this way. It was SO out of character for Clark. I have always known that Clark would end up with Lois but it happens in the distant future. My goodness Clark just traded Lana\\\'s life for another of his loved ones mere weeks ago and now the writers would have us believe, in this short period of time, Clark can let her go???

Clark should tell Lana his secret and let her chose how to deal with it. And, don\\\'t you think it was way out of character for Clark to so easily share the secret of his powers while hynotized?

Come on...
  • Clark undergoes a series of hypnosis from Simone, a girl hired by Lex to find out his secret, and the location of the spaceship

5.4
    I agree with users who didn't like the episode. This story went nowhere and other than showing hat happened to Richard Fine (James Marsters from Angel) this story had nothing. We've seen Clark under someone's influence before, we've seen Lex behind it, but Clark doesn't follow through.

The only difference with this episode and others was the alleged breakup with Clark and Lana,I say alleged because we all know they'll probably get back together. The episode was ok but nothing special in terms of story. This is what makes Smallville such an overrated show.
  • ummm well it had some good bits

5.5
    im starting to hate this series and on more then one occasion found myself routing for lex, how the big cry baby ever turns into the man of steel i will never know......billed as the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of lex and clark again a disapointing outcome... they seem to be doing this soo much this season...advertising one thing and then another happens im starting to despair at the \"it was earth all along\" style shows.......the writers just seem to have clark going round in circles constantly.....tho saying that the bits of the episode i liked contained lex and fine i found they really added to the story...but the clark bits for the most part where worth skipping (which i nearly did) in all a good and bad episode maybe now that he has broke up with lana he cant stop moping about and take it up a notch (baam) the story premise for the series is a good one they just keep muddying it up with such episodes.
  • another great episode but one that was certainly predictable soon after Simone lies to Lex about Clark. And why is Milton Fine being dragged in again?? is there any purpose to that?

certainly a great episode but the writers might want to come up with a new original plot for an episode. the seductive woman with a magical charm? how predictable is that?

second of all... i liked the take on milton fine but why resurrect him? he is a goner... the writers obviously have no idea where they want to take the series...

i would appreciate it if they come up with unique ideas... the series needs a new uplifter and although the plot with milton fine looks solid, revisiting old stuff just doesnt cut the cloth anymore..

therefore, we need new ideas to maintain further great interest in the series. i enjoy it right now but something totally different would be appreciated.
  • Clark is hynotised into falling for a strange girl. Uchk.

This episode was edfinatley not the standard of quality I expect from smallville, not only was the hypnotised storyline stupid, but the braniac stary was also stupid! I was bored watching the whole episode waiting for it to pick up but it never did. And this lana/clark break up back together break up thing is getting very annoying. They can only take it so far, and it really makes Clark seem like an idiot! For god's sake just tell her your secret!!!! After the 100th episode it looked as if things were changing for the better but for example "tomb" but this episode clearly proved me wrong!
  • Brianic is back and Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl Simone who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor.....Oh yeah, Clark and Lana finally break up for good

I was surprised when Brainiacs showed up again. The scene where brainiac is torching up the place and seeing his doubles, was a good momentum to keep watching the show and having more storylines to come.

The best part of the episode was when the hole Clana relationship finally came to a conclusion. Having Mrs. Kent talking to Clark about his relationship with Lana and not working out; forshadowed the Lois&Clark realtionship we all know and love.

Even though this episode wasn't the best I was just happy to have Smallville return. Now we have to watch the Lex & Lana relationship and his partnership with Brainac grow. The writers did a good job in the comidy department of humor in Lois and Chloe speaking how they feel about Clark.

Love Tom Welling and the cast of Smallville, Happy to watch the new episodes :) Keep up the great job!
  • Finally...

6.1
    I've always felt that Lana and Clark would either have to go all the way and be happy, or else break up, and stop trying to be something their not. The show seems to be filled past it's peak of episode after episode of Lana trying to get closer to Clark and him pushing away, or vice-versa. I mean we've had enough.

And Apparantly the writers have too (4 years too late...but w/e). They have broken up, one assumes permanently. Thank god, now we can haveso real plots where clark does real "Super" things (That is after this next episode which looks like it's gonna suck more than my vacuum).

You hear that, writers? Stop with the crappy story lines. Smallville's ratings are dropping, it hasn't been renewed for another season...we don't need an episode in which Lana sees dead people. What we need is more huge superpower battles, more plot twists, conspiracies, more about Clarks past, and his father, more with Nathan Fine, more saving of lives, more Chloe and Lois, and more evil Lex. This show has so much potential, it's time we reached for it.
  • C\'mon writers make the episodes a bit juicier and smarter...we don\'t need another smallville wall of weird character of the week!

6.3
    I\'m sorry, but this episode made about as much sense as a Britney Spears song sung by Bob Dylan. First of all If Lex knew about the jewel that controlls people\'s minds why would he let her out when she could control his mind???

Secondly, I hate Lana and I hope she teams up with Lex so that supe can take em both down. Why does Brainiac even bother to talk to Lex when he can pretty much do what ever he wants with his powers?

Ok so I had some mild disagreements with the story, but I\'m a huge Supe fan and will still watch, hoping that good friend Chloe will win Clark\'s heart before he ends up with Lois.

Looking for the Kal-el/Braniac showdown!!!
  • strange episode but good Character development (which is the only thing good in this episode)

bit of a strange episode.
    so this would clearly make it one of my least favorites. the regular story line is still cool
    (about proffessor Milton Fine) But when a girl appears with no special abillities at all and still hypnotizes everyone its kinda lame.
    the story about Lex getting more \"creative\" to get to Lana is cool. You also get to see more of Lex\'s Dark side.
    The story wil get more and more it\'s original form
    but the excitement that was in the last few eppisodes is totaly blew Of ( By the way It didn\'t seem Very interesting in the first place )
  • They made us wait a whole month for new episodes of Smallville, and this is what we get? I'm sorry, but gratuitous sex does not a great episode make.

Well, Clark and Lana are finally broken-up...again....I mean it....no, for real this time. Okay fine, I don't believe it either. If only there was some assurance that this was not just another low point on this rollercoaster. Kind of like how the episode of Lois & Clark where they finally got married was titled "The Wedding (We Swear to God)."

At least they've decided where this relationship is at now. We've been in limbo ever since the 100th episode. But I did appreciate how easily she was able to say something like "Chloe told me you were hypnotised into making out with that naked bimbo and I believe her" with a straight face.

The parts with Fine and Lex were okay, but since this is apparently just the beginning of another over-arching story line, there wasn't any pay-off in this one, just more questions.

On the whole, I'm disappointed with this episode. After a month-long break I expected them to come back with guns blazing, but instead all we got was 40 minutes of Clark playing around with some girl and acting like a tool.
  • Well, not a series classic, but watchable. Best part was the split of Lana and Clark.

6.6
    It's about time!!! Lana and Clark are finally over. Well, one can hope that this is it. I was so over the constant on and off again relationship of those two.

The main storyline was how Clark was hypnotized, again. I think the true hero is Chloe, because she seems to always be saving Clark from himself. But it was fun to see him get his super freak on.

The side story was Lex and the professor meeting up again. It really did not explain much about the space ships dissapearence. Apparently, it is now in the jungle and Clark didn't really kill the professor.

All in all, it was slightly entertaining, but not enough.
  • Clark gets hypnotised by a girl sent by Lex and then she turns around and tries to get clark to kill Lex

6.8
    This episode was boring to watch and didn\'t really advance the plot much. The Milton Fine parts were OK but it\'s unclear why he wants more ebola or whatever. The episode also did not explain what was in Simone\'s jewel or why they kept zooming in on it. It just shows how little resistance Clark has to mental mental control (although in season 1 he was able to resist the temptress teacher lady without a problem). All in all wasn\'t impressed with this episode and getting tired of Clark and Lana being all whiny and mopey all the time. I\'m also guessing the writers are just going to ignore the fact that Lex has a dead body in his office with a gun shot in her chest fired from his gun.
< 1 2 3