Smallville

Hypnotic

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

• We see Milton Fine again while Lex goes to Honduras in search of the spaceship. A girl named Simone uses a hypnotic necklace to make Clark do anything she wants.

I am really really sad about Lana and Clark breaking up. That's it, no more. It will never come back. I was yelling at Clark during the whole thing. Stupid whore had to mess everything up. Oh well I guess cause it was kinda getting dragged out. I hope Lana and Lex hook up cause I also like them together. It was cool to see Milton Fine again. The clones near the end of the episode was great and how he played Lex was simply genious. It was a great episode just like the series and I can't wait til nex week.
  • Finally...

6.1
    I've always felt that Lana and Clark would either have to go all the way and be happy, or else break up, and stop trying to be something their not. The show seems to be filled past it's peak of episode after episode of Lana trying to get closer to Clark and him pushing away, or vice-versa. I mean we've had enough.

And Apparantly the writers have too (4 years too late...but w/e). They have broken up, one assumes permanently. Thank god, now we can haveso real plots where clark does real "Super" things (That is after this next episode which looks like it's gonna suck more than my vacuum).

You hear that, writers? Stop with the crappy story lines. Smallville's ratings are dropping, it hasn't been renewed for another season...we don't need an episode in which Lana sees dead people. What we need is more huge superpower battles, more plot twists, conspiracies, more about Clarks past, and his father, more with Nathan Fine, more saving of lives, more Chloe and Lois, and more evil Lex. This show has so much potential, it's time we reached for it.
  • Finally. Clark and Lana end it.

I have been a fan of this show for years, and for the first two seasons I liked Clark's crush on Lana, but then it got monotonous. Then it got aggravating. Then it got just plain boring, and the more I disliked the "Clana," the more I disliked Clark Kent. Hence, the reason why I liked this episode: it marks the ultimate, final end to their relationship. Now she can move on, be furious, plot revenge, and finally sweat up the sheets with Lex Luthor, like I've been rooting for all along.

All in all it was a solid episode... although the WB hasn't figured out yet that their main audience isn't all that thrilled with gratuitous pre-sex scenes (we weren't subjected to skin with Clana when they finally did it in that gag-worthy scene, so why do we have to see him making out with the 100,000th freak of the week?). That aside, the scenes with Lex and Professor Fine in the jungle were fantastic. I can tell this is going to be a great diabolical dynamic. Lois Lane delivered her one-liners brilliantly, again, since that's what she does best, and Chloe had a few moments of brilliance.

By far the best scene is at the end. It concludes, as so many episodes have, with Lex and Lana, only this time the audience understands what's happening: the ultimate seduction of Lana Lang has begun. I say, after all this time, bring it on.
  • Perhaps it was the hiatus, but the wind seems to be knocked out of the sails on this series.

Every so often there’s an outstanding episode worth buying the season’s dvds for, but such episodes are becoming few and far between. A permanent breakup between Lana and Clark is so depressing and dark and a dead end. The good parts of this episode: I liked the idea of the woman hypnotizing Clark to do her bidding and Professor Fine initially arming himself behind his back when Lex was getting too threateningly close, and then retreating when he discovered it was a misunderstanding. Good story technique. The girl had a good motive to sic Clark on Lex, but it seemed more like a handy plot device because it wasn’t very developed. Another great part was when the girl hypnotized Martha into agreeing to let Clark leave out of her life and be happy about it (“Well, then, you have a good trip), and Clark happily goes along with it kissing her good by, “Thanks, Mom,” acting as if this was completely normal. That was all good fun. Whenever Welling is playing the bad guy, he does it with a smile, which really works for me. Although all the plot points were there, this storyline was just weak. It lacks heart.
  • Smallville's 5th mind-controlling person and the long overdue but unstatisfying breakup

4.1
    They must be running out of ideas. Someone with the power of mind control comes along (number 5 in fact- 1st season the guy with the handshake power, 2nd season the woman who has the power to seduce any man, 3rd season Chloe forces people to tell the truth, 4th Season Myxlpklk as foreign exchange student) and Clark acts not of his own free will (I've simply lost count of the number of times that's happened, between body switching, Red K, and mind control). Ultimatelyy though, it's irrelevant, because Chole saves the day and Lana is even willing to forgive Clark.

However, Clark finally decides to end it with Lana, ending a five year limbo in the most unsatisfying manner possible. Yes, I understand, he wants to protect her in some vague way, but really he shouldv'e just told her at this point. Whether they stay together or not the series has gone on for too long without Lana finding out. If they break up, it should be final in the sense that she knows everything, and it still doesn't work out. Maybe that he realizes he's needed in Metropolis and she wants to stay in smallville, or that she loves Clark Kent but not Superman (the opposite of Lois, who's always been more attracted to Superman than Clark Kent).

Just bleh. The overall arc of the season has been great, but really the relationship arc has been terrible. You'd think after 4 years of waiting for this relationship they would've handled it better. They better settle the issues between them at some point.
  • A suprisingly good episode

I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical about this episode. On the surface, the premise to this episode sounds extremely lame. Clark being hypnotized and becoming a sex slave?

However, I was really suprised how good this episode turned out to be. In fact, it is one of my favorite episodes from this season.

I thought the episode was outstanding.

The Clark and Lana break up was long overdue. I really like the way that it was done too. Clark realized it was the right thing to do. Although the Clana shippers must be really hating life right now considering they waited 5 years for Lana to find out the secret and Clark would rather lie to Lana than tell her the truth. What really cracks me up is how many people were saying they short changed the reveal in Reckoning to serve as a preview for what's to come..

I loved the Lex/Fine subplot. I found it to be extremely interesting and very well done. The ship with the multiple Fine's is very cool. It is always great to see Lex embracing his curious side, because as we all know it is what eventually makes him become who he is destined to be.

I actually enjoyed the hypnotize plot. I thought the actress who played Simonne was extremely attractive which helped, but I really thought TW was on tonight in the role. The way he delivered that line about Lex "Then he's a dead man" was just so perfect. Cracked me up.

While I hate the idea of Lexana, I liked the way they put the spin on it of Martha saying " I hope you don't force Lana to do something we will all regret" like Lana and Lex both becoming evil. That would be interesting to see.

Chloe was great as always. Really liked the references to various types of Kryptonite too.

Gripes I had :

- Why was Lois in this episode? Everytime she is used, it feels forced. There is never a real point to the appearance of the character. She is always just there. Although, she did have a few good lines tonight, and the way Clark knocked her out was funny.

- How in the hell did Lana get to Smallville so fast? Last time I checked, Metropolis was not ten minutes away.

- Lex's attitude about how Clark was able to be so strong. "You are under hypnosis, how else do you think you could throw me across the room?" The whole reason Lex hired Simonne besides breaking Clark and Lana up was because he suspected Clark of being unusual. Then he just casually dismisses it? How many times has he suspected Clark? Hell, has he forgotten how Clark and he met? Also, why in the hell is Lex still defending Clark?

But overall, I thought this episode was entertaining and filled with outstanding character development.
  • C\'mon writers make the episodes a bit juicier and smarter...we don\'t need another smallville wall of weird character of the week!

6.3
    I\'m sorry, but this episode made about as much sense as a Britney Spears song sung by Bob Dylan. First of all If Lex knew about the jewel that controlls people\'s minds why would he let her out when she could control his mind???

Secondly, I hate Lana and I hope she teams up with Lex so that supe can take em both down. Why does Brainiac even bother to talk to Lex when he can pretty much do what ever he wants with his powers?

Ok so I had some mild disagreements with the story, but I\'m a huge Supe fan and will still watch, hoping that good friend Chloe will win Clark\'s heart before he ends up with Lois.

Looking for the Kal-el/Braniac showdown!!!
  • Clark broke up with lana for the very last time. Lex hires simone to hypnotize clark to get his secret. She uses his secret to her advantage and has him to try and kill lex. Clark would succed if chloe did not use the kryptoniteand knock him our in time.

this was one of the best episodes i have ever saw of smallville. the suspense was crazy. i like the part when mrs. kent pulled the shotgun out on lois.Chloe knock her out with a rolling pin from her very own kitchen. simone is one crazy person who is going to jail for murder of her father.
  • Clark breaks up with Lana for the last time Lex trys to get his secret Dr Fine comes back from who knows where and now theres multiples of him....blah blah blah boring

Very boring episode with no surprises. Clarks break up with Lana long over due, for dumb reasons just hope Lex doesnt end up with her. They need to get the story line back on track with him becoming superman or episodes with other young super heros like with Run or Aqua.
  • Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right!

Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right! Heres my usual breakdown:

Clark: Man it sucks to be you. Things that I wanted to happen this episode almost or actually did happen with him. He almost Superpowered Lex's arse and he broke off his relationship with Lana. (Breathing a heavy sigh of relief) ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!! I think he was to easily seduced. I would have loved him to put up more of a resistance on some of Simones commands. Like when she asks him for his secret or when she tells him to leave Lana. And especially the command to kill. He gave in to easily. I know he's young and not yet Superman but those are things that he should have at least shown a little bit of struggle in his face. Of course Im just notpicking. I did enjoy how he realized, despite him loving Lana, he knew, deep down, she wasnt the one.

Lex: What an @$$. Not only did he blackmail Simone, but he sent her after Clark to discover his secret. And to break up Clana. (Of course he's actually my hero for that last one) I love seeing him one step ahead of everyone and manipulating the scene even when he's miles away. This is the Lex of the future. In the here and now. I was suprised that he started defending Clark at the end, but then I realized, it was only a ploy to get to Lana.

Lana: I here many people complaining about the way things broke up with Lana and Clark. I have no problems. Youve got to see the story potential that will occur. One one side we have the Zod Squad: Lex, Lana, and Braniac. And on the other side the Jor-El Squad: Clark, Lois, and Chloe. Its gonna be great!!!

Chloe: Clark is damn lucky to have her as a friend. And I hope this episode finally puts to rest the theory that she's still in ove with Clark. I saw absolutly ZERO reaction to her learning Clark was with another woman. I also loved how she "knows" how Clark is. And KNOWS when he's being manipulated. The signs of a true friend. I was also laughing when she knocked Mrs. Kent. It was unexpected and hilarious. I dont think she's ever been knocked out like that.

Lois: Ah, the comedy relief. She does bring something to the show that was missing. I enjoy her more and more. Her being knocked out by Clark has got to be another hilarious scene in this episode. Her use of the sunshades on Simone shows just how resourceful she can be. And that she's not a mindless body.

Simone: Your classic freak of the week. Nothing really special. I dont think she was inherently bad, and she did find Clark interesting. She was good enough to protect Clark secret from Lex and everyone else. But of course murdering your own father puts one a long way from being a saint. Nothing special about her. Just the situations she created.

Braniac: Ah the true star of the episde. Despite his short and brief appearances. He returned in a blazing glory...quite literally. The episode finally establishes that Braniac is actually the Spaceship. And that Milton Fine(s) are just his extensions. Lex was lucky to not be turned into a human sized shiscobob in the begining. I love him manipulating the situation for his needs. It shows how intelligent he truly is. He changed his background from Teacher to FBI and left breadcrumbs for Lex to follow. To gain Lex's trust. And in doing so, his company. He looking for samples. Obviously Blood Samples. But what for? How will infected blood help int he release of Zod? Could it have something to do with Kryptonian visitors of the past? This episode set down the groundwork for what can be a GREAT season finale.

All in all, a re-hash of a previouse episode that I would have given s 5-10. But this time they actually did it correctly. And the sub-plot (Braniac returns and Clana break up) makes this episode a 8-10
  • Clark 'officially' breaks it off with Lana. Clark is hypnotized and is turned into a sex slave. Lex finds Fine.

O.k raise your hand if you really think its over with Clark and Lana. I'm convinced she will eventually find out about Clark. Maybe not this year but before this show ends. I can't help it I like those two!! I agree with whoever wrote that when Lois is in an episode it feels forced. I don't think I'd miss the character if she left. Lex ans Lana as a couple makes me gag. Lex is not sexy in any way shape or form.I'm excited for next weeks episode. Looks like a good one!!
  • Amazing Come Back!

Finally, Smallville has come back on Air, and with a punch. I was wondering when the writers of smallville were going to get off thier butts and give us, the fans, something to talk about. The last few episodes have beeen alittle weak, but this episode was on point. I can't wait to see how this story line turns out. !!
  • Were the writers of tonight's show new? Have they not followed the storyline for the past 5 years?

Ok, I have been a faithful fan since the beginning and I just can\\\'t believe the writers chose to break Lana and Clark up this way. It was SO out of character for Clark. I have always known that Clark would end up with Lois but it happens in the distant future. My goodness Clark just traded Lana\\\'s life for another of his loved ones mere weeks ago and now the writers would have us believe, in this short period of time, Clark can let her go???

Clark should tell Lana his secret and let her chose how to deal with it. And, don\\\'t you think it was way out of character for Clark to so easily share the secret of his powers while hynotized?

Come on...
  • Clark is hypnotized by a woman who uses a supposedly magical charm to control others - he reveals his super powers and is sent to kill Lex. Meanwhile, Lex has tracked down the missing Professor Fine and plans to confront him, unaware that Clark is coming

Now we all know how many times clark and lana have broken up. will this really be the last time? (yeah right)Now Lex really thinks he can get lana(NOT). I cant belive he is really trying the rebound tactic to get her. I cant see them two at all. Next episode looks hot.
  • ...Simply Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor. Of course, ever since the episode LEXMAS, Lex been wanting Lana more than ever. And everything else unfolds from then. Oh, Clark and Lana 'officially' break

To those Clark & Lana fans, I'm sure this was a sad episode to watch but it was going to happen sooner or later. Clark and Lana are brought together by fate, but separated by destiny. We all know who Clark is destined with so as much as some like Clark and Lana (as I did or I'm sure more for some of you), it's time to move on.

Now as far as how the acting was done, it was great. Clark & Lana in the end was really sad and props to Kristen with her emotional scenes. (i.e. when she caught Clark at the barn, after he tells her that he fell in love with someone else, and when he said he didn't love her). It was heartbreaking for me especially always been a Clark and Lana fan. I agree with another post, there was a little lacking of heart though. After everything Clark and Lana been through together, it didn't make quite sense why things turn out the way things did. Anyway, I'm not going to go through my reasons right now. Part of me wish they can go back to being just good friends, but I know the writers aren't going to let that happen for a while.

As far as the whole space, Honduras thing it was good, but to be honest, I haven't been following. We'll see how that storyline unfolds. I gave this episode a 8.2 mainly because of the Clark and Lana heartbreaking scenes (I wish they cut the commercial and add more of the scenes) and the funny moments at the Kent's. Did Clark really just tap Lois in the head?

Take care! :)
  • Clark and Lana call it quits. Lex and Brainiac team up for the first time.

For the first time Lex Luthor and Brainiac team up. In what is destined to be one of the great villian teams throughout the DC universe, Brainiac and Lex have gotten together in what promises to be trouble for Clark. Meanwhile, thanks to a seductress Clark and Lana are done for good.

It was an excellent episode, playing further into the DC universe. With Clark and Lana done, does this mean it's time for Lois to realize her feelings for Clark? Or will we finally see a quick fling between Chloe and Clark. Chloe has trully grown this season into an amazing young woman and it's hard to believe that Clark hasn't noticed.
    What trouble will Lex and Brainiac cause for Clark? Things are really picking up and Clark's about to face his biggest troubles yet.
    This episode was just another great example of Smallville's appeal and it pushes us closer to Clark's days of flight and tights.
  • Heartbreaking...tragic...sadder then "Reckoning"...

So this is what it has come to for Clark and Lana. Besides the fact the fact that I believe their relationship should have at least lasted till season's end, the truth is that the writers assasinated Smallville's most important couple in the worst way possible. No it was not a mutual, bittersweet ending, but rather a knife-in-the-heart, tragic ending which shattered Clana into dust. And more than that is the fact that it was a lie when Clark told Lana "I don't love you", it means that Clana STILL would have been together if it were'nt for certain "circumstances". It leaves everyone thinking, 'well maybe Clark and Lana WERE meant to be, if only...". The truth is that Clark didn't leave Lana because he wasn't in love with her, but because of all the outside "factors" keeping them from being happy together. Meaning, even when he finally is with Lois, he'll still wonder, "If only...". Sad, sad, sad. But there WAS a redeeming quality to this episode, Kristin and Tom's acting is flawless. Especially Kristin's when Clark falsely abdicates his love for her, the look of shock on Lana's face is heartbreaking as she stumbles backward onto the couch. She realized that the person who has been the ONE constant thing in her life...no longer loves her. And as Joss Whedon once said, "The worst feeling in the world is loving someone who used to love you."
  • Start of a new story arc

Overall, not a great episode. James Marsters as Milton Fine, though, is fantastic and it's good to have him back. I think we are at the start of what could shape up to be a really good story arc. Which would be nice since I feel Smallville has been struggling since Reckoning to find its groove.

MoTW was Simone, a human with a hypnotic necklace. As far as baddies go, she's on the low end - no fear was struck in my heart. She has been blackmailed by Lex to find out more about Clark, and as a bonus, break up Clana. Simone, however, doesn't care for blackmail and tries to get Clark to kill Lex. Needless to say, it would be a huge shift in Superman mythology if he succeeded, so Lex makes it through the show. Good thing, since Lex is by far the best developed character on the show!

Clark does finally end it with Lana, who goes running to Lex to cry - which could set up some great C's vs. L's - Clark/Chloe and Lex/Lana.

So I'm giving this one an 8/10 for the hopes it gave me for a kick butt end to the season...here's hoping it makes good on those expectations.
  • Clark gets hypmotized by a mystery girl and breaks Lana's heart when she finds him and the girl half naked in the barn on a couch. In the end of the episode he breaks up with her because he doesnt wanna break her heart anymore.Lex comfort's Lana after the

I'm starting to get sick of Lana. I liked her character for the first couple of season's but now that she's all about Clark having secrets and how he doesnt open up to her and yet she has secrets of her own. I know Clark and Lois end up together which is good but it would be nice to see Chloe and Clark together, since she is the onlyone besides Martha that knows about Clark's secret (oh and now Lionel ofcourse). This episode I liked because Clark finally officially ends things with Lana. Even though before it looked like things between them was over it just wasnt really anounced. I mean how long has it bin since they even kissed? It's over...and it was time.
  • Clark is hypnotized and broke up with Lana.The girl(Simone)is under Lex influence and made her hypnotize Clark to find his secret, but she dobule-crossed Lex in the end.Lex finds Milton Fine in Honduras and an alliance is form.The episode ends with Clark

7.6
    Well after four seasons expecting the Clark/Lana relationship to finally surface, it all began and end in the fifth season. Now with that relationship disolve, looks like the Lois & Clark era will begun, maybe not this season, but most likely that something will unravel maybe in the next.

What intrigues me more of this episode was the Lex/Fine(Brainiac)partnership.It is obvious that Braniac is the one pulling the strings, he has no reason to partner with Lex ,unless he have something inline for Kal-El and is marey using Lex to get it. Wonder if Brianiac knows about Lionel/Jor-El union?
  • They made us wait a whole month for new episodes of Smallville, and this is what we get? I'm sorry, but gratuitous sex does not a great episode make.

Well, Clark and Lana are finally broken-up...again....I mean it....no, for real this time. Okay fine, I don't believe it either. If only there was some assurance that this was not just another low point on this rollercoaster. Kind of like how the episode of Lois & Clark where they finally got married was titled "The Wedding (We Swear to God)."

At least they've decided where this relationship is at now. We've been in limbo ever since the 100th episode. But I did appreciate how easily she was able to say something like "Chloe told me you were hypnotised into making out with that naked bimbo and I believe her" with a straight face.

The parts with Fine and Lex were okay, but since this is apparently just the beginning of another over-arching story line, there wasn't any pay-off in this one, just more questions.

On the whole, I'm disappointed with this episode. After a month-long break I expected them to come back with guns blazing, but instead all we got was 40 minutes of Clark playing around with some girl and acting like a tool.
  • This episode was okay.

Hypnotic was an okay episode. At first I was wondering why Simone pick Clark out of all the guys at the Talon to hook up with but then that was revealed. KK did a good acting job when she saw Clark with Simone and when the broke up. I did not like they way that they had Clark break up with Lana. Telling her that he did not love her was pretty harsh. I guess the biggest reason why they chose to do it that way is so that Lana will not want to go back to Clark and so that she will be pushed closer to Lex. The best parts of the episode were with Milton Fine. James Marsters is doing an excellent job playing Brainac. He is one of my favorite villains on Smallville. I just hope next week's episode is better.
  • Brianic is back and Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl Simone who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor.....Oh yeah, Clark and Lana finally break up for good

I was surprised when Brainiacs showed up again. The scene where brainiac is torching up the place and seeing his doubles, was a good momentum to keep watching the show and having more storylines to come.

The best part of the episode was when the hole Clana relationship finally came to a conclusion. Having Mrs. Kent talking to Clark about his relationship with Lana and not working out; forshadowed the Lois&Clark realtionship we all know and love.

Even though this episode wasn't the best I was just happy to have Smallville return. Now we have to watch the Lex & Lana relationship and his partnership with Brainac grow. The writers did a good job in the comidy department of humor in Lois and Chloe speaking how they feel about Clark.

Love Tom Welling and the cast of Smallville, Happy to watch the new episodes :) Keep up the great job!
  • Lana and Clark finally break up! Clark meets Simone at The Talon and because of her breakes up with Lana. In the end Clark relizes that because he has to keep his secret from Lana he is always going to hurt her so he breaks up with her

Ok that episode was so weird and a lot of questions could be wondered. Its like Clark and Lana loved eachother forever and Clark always wanted to be with her and after hurting her for the millionth time he says he doesnt love her anymore its so sad.But why didn’t Clark leave when he first heard Simone saying she was glad Lana left. Why was Simone going after Clark there are other guys that could of came back from preivous episodes or guest star in this episode. Also I thought that Fine died well he\'s alive. And did everyone go bac to normal after the thing on Simone’s neck broke. Also how did Lex know what Simone did? Chloe knew that something was wrong why didn’t she tell Lana so when Clark called she would of knew not to go, it would of kept Clark and Lana together. But why did Lana tell Lex first, because of their research together or something else it seemed that Lex likes Lana more than a friend.
  • ummm well it had some good bits

5.5
    im starting to hate this series and on more then one occasion found myself routing for lex, how the big cry baby ever turns into the man of steel i will never know......billed as the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of lex and clark again a disapointing outcome... they seem to be doing this soo much this season...advertising one thing and then another happens im starting to despair at the \"it was earth all along\" style shows.......the writers just seem to have clark going round in circles constantly.....tho saying that the bits of the episode i liked contained lex and fine i found they really added to the story...but the clark bits for the most part where worth skipping (which i nearly did) in all a good and bad episode maybe now that he has broke up with lana he cant stop moping about and take it up a notch (baam) the story premise for the series is a good one they just keep muddying it up with such episodes.
  • to hate the feeling of love, because the love hurts you more than the hate does.

So what do I say about this? Clark Kent has to break the heart of someone that he loves. Although you can\'t see the passion between them you always know it\'s there. He has to break her heart so he doesn\'t rip it apart beyond repair. I really think that he thought he did it for the best, but if Lana is as strong as she comes on to be, then if Chloe can take Clarks secret, so can Lana. I can\'t imagine what it would be like to mysteriously get a call from your boyfriend who you\'ve loved passionately forever, and just when you think you\'re getting back on track and you can try things again...BAM...he\'s \"in love\" with another woman. Horrible, unspeakable, devastating..no words would be able to put my feelings into perspective. I really feel sorry for Lana, while everyone else knows, Clark can\'t tell the one woman in the world that he truly loves. She just wants answers, and although Clark has those answers he chooses not to give them to her for \"her sake\" I\'m sure. If this is supposed to be suspenseful, then it\'s not working, its just agrivating! Although I love this episode I must say. Some things that don\'t make sense...When Clark does his super-run to get Simone the champaign and the chocolate covered strawberries, it doesn\'t take him more that a few seconds, and I know from personal experience that cashiers take a few minutes to check the item, get your money and give you change etc. he couldn\'t do it unless the stuff was stolen, and in that case the police would be after him and would have proof that he\'s an alien.
    -----
    acting-9.5
    story line-9
    writing-8
    picture-8.5
    TOTAL-8.3
    -----
  • w00t, back with a bang from the break!

Been waiting a long while for this Clark / Lana moment to happen, thought they handled the whole thing really well.

Kinda annoying that yet another villain can come in and just "take over" Clark easily and control him like a puppet tho.

This season is easily the best of smallville to date , I just hope it keeps up!
  • Yay the soap opera is over!

Finally Clark and Lana split up so now we can get on with the decent/exciting story line rather than the boring soap opera :-p

The intro to the show was awesome, all the past scenes. Kinda reminded me of one of the Buffy eps where they recapped the whole 6-7 years in like 20 secs but this was just this series.

Anyway good show. Clark needs to get buff again though.
  • The episode was pretty good, but it reminded me of the Season 4 episode "Jinx"

Well I waited in my room to watch Smallville, then they showed this thing like Minnesota WB or something and it showed the city with Cars. That was going on for about a minute and I realized, great it froze. That lasted for 9 minutes.. 9 minutes!!! So I missed the beginning and the credits and commercials. When it came on they started showing Supernatural, then they showed it and there was no sound. So I had no idea what was going on.
    The episode was okay, but it was just like the episode "Jinx" in Season 4. The person tells you to do something, and you do it. They can control the people they are speaking to.
    The thing that I liked about this episode was the Clana is over. I'm pretty sure it's officially over. I liked it in the beginning, but I thought they broke up in "Reckoning." I'm ready for a new relationship, and I'm pretty sure that Lex and Lana will hook up. I want to see how that goes, at lease Lex will be more honest with her than Clark was.
    I thought it was pretty funny Martha being under Simone's spell. Then what Chloe said when she knocked her out. I'm glad there can actually be some funny scenes in it.
    Smallville is a wonderful show and I just hope that the episodes get even more action packed and more intresting and exciting. This season was well done so far, even if some of the episodes weren't the best.
  • This episode is so full of surprise.

My comment on this episode:

All right, this episode has leave my eyebrow raised already. I've suspect about it. This episode has surprise me very well!

In the beginning, lana told clark that she'll be alone in dorm by herself, but not just herself, inculde her boyfriend too as well. I was very excited that their realtionship has moved forwardly very well.

Unluckly, Clark has work to do at the barn, so..it has left lana pretty much disappointed. As she leave and this beautiful woman, Simone. I has a strange feeling around her that I cannot ingore! Something about her isn't right at all. As she approach to clark and I discover that she using her gemstone necklane to control clark and command him to make love with her!

So, something about her has troubling me so far since her approaching! Since they've begin to make love and his friend has show up and see what they've been doing.

Apparentely, it has left his friend a clue about her and went to tell chole all about it. They were discussing about clark and simone. Chole puzzled and she knew that clark wouldn't do that to her.

Aye, I agreed with her. Clark wouldn't never do to her. That's what I suspect that he was hypnotized after all.

So, at the house, simone and clark have this talk and she want to have a champage and he runs very fast to get it.

At this point, I fear that simone being to know his secret. I fear that she would tell everyone about him. So, she being to ask him to show him of his power.

He did it anyways, I was so mad that simone using him like puppet after all! I find that it was so wrong! Totally wrong! I shake my head off and still troubling by her.

When both of them started to making love and his girlfriend lana has showed up and got heartbroken after she seeing them by making love.

I almost feels sorry for her, that she didn't know that clark was hypnotized by her. Well, simone did a such good job breaking them apart for good.

Now, As lex prepared to depeart smallville and head off to south america and see fine. Simone show up at his buidling and I become greatly angry! I knew that she is working for him! What's the bloodly heck is she doing??

So, lex want to know everything what she has work on so far and she did, but I suspect that she is protecting clark's secret. I was very worried that she would do that!

Lex is capable of everything and he could tell everyone around the world about him. That's a big, dark secret that clark doesn't want reveal to everyone.

I raised my eyebrow and I knew that lex ask her for one more favor left to do. It has left me a clue and couldn't raise my finger!

As chole show up and see clark to find out what's going on. She see the different clark and I like that when chole find a new clue about simone!

find anything in her bag was very brilliant! Many clues is inside of her bag!

Of course, lex/fine! I like the plot between them and fine was talking about how the alien race would wipe human race out on the earth for good. That's pretty scared, by the way!

Now, the clue has revealing about simone and I learned that simone murdered her own father for this gemstone necklane! I knew that if her father give this gemstone necklane to her, She has the powers to control everything whatever what she wants to!

Finally, I begin to understand what's going on with simone lately!! That's make me mad for what she did!

Chole grab the green stone and went to save clark from do something stupid.

As clark bring the travel luggage and were about to leave smallville forever for good! Thank god, she show up and stop him! Well, she tried her best to do.

That's where clark's mum show up and to see what's going on and simone told her to stop her from block them leaving to california.

Now, I'm very shocked that simone ask him to kill lex! He was doing her dirty work after all!

Afterwards, lex returned from south america and find himself in a clusmpy situation and clark find him and throw lex off like baby!

Lex tried to warn him that he is hypnotized by simone!!

Clark was SO close to kill him! Simone show up and enjoy the show!! Thank god chole show up and put green stone in his pocket and left him very weak and return to normal!

Lex has the gun and was about kill clark! He put up the great fight of all! In the end, the bullet has destroy gemstone and killed her! Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, she is out of the picture! I wont have to worry about her anymore! :D

In the end, I was so shocked that clark told lana that he doesn't love her. Aaah, that's the ugly truth I just discover by him! Perhaps, he was protecting her from discover his secret after all.

Perhaps, in the near future, lana will somehow discover his secret anyways, I just know it.

Overall, this episode deserve to be good score! I rated this episode to be 9.4. That will be all for now.
< 1 2 3