Smallville

Hypnotic

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

• Crapville!

2.5
    Hypnotic-Clark is hypnotized by a woman who uses a supposedly magical charm to control others - he reveals his super powers and is sent to kill Lex. Meanwhile, Lex has tracked down the missing Professor Fine and plans to confront him, unaware that Clark is coming to murder him.

After watching "Hypnotic", I couldn't help but question if I wanted to continue watching this season. This could have easily been the worst episode of Smallville if it wasn't for James Masters' return as Brainiac! What I don't understand is what the writers were thinking when they thought Clark acting dumber than usual would make for a decent hour of television. Lex hiring a seductress with hypnotic powers to break Clark and Lana up...I mean really?! Of all the things Lex could have done, that's what he uses her for. What about learning the truth about Clark? Wouldn't that have been a better storyline? This episode features some of the worst acting from the cast, especially Tom Welling. This is probably the most I've hated Clark until Season 7's "Sleeper" topped that. Lana just grates to no end and when she finds Clark cheating on her, you're suppose to feel bad for her, but I just didn't care as you know it would resolved at the end. Nichole Hiltz is one Smallville's most horrible guest actors and Simone is one of the worst freaks of the week ever written. I just hated how everyone acted so childish around Simone with her hypnotic powers. Once again, the only saving grace was Brainaic's return. The scenes between Lex and Fine are award winning material compared to the garbage that's the rest of the episode. I loved the teaser with Fine stealing a vaccine from 2 scientists and wrecking havoc in Honduras. Also, the Clana break-up scene was rewarding and pitiful at the same time. Finally, all this Clana angst is done with (atleast we thought it was at that moment!) yet you find it hilarious that the writers couldn't find a better way to break them up. It makes their relationship seem even MORE pointless that it already was. But despite all that, "Hypnotic" is one awful piece of television with some terrible writing, horrendous guest stars, and cringe-worthy performances.
  • Some wh*re gets with clark and hypnotises him to break up lana... this is beginning to get ridiculous. Can't directors find anything else interesting than this ball game all the time. Beginining to really get to me now.

Beginining to really get to me now.

k lk k k k k k k lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k kk lk k k k k k
  • A young woman comes along with a cleavage and a pendant and suddenly Clark is a changed man? Nothing really makes sense in this episode!

OK, so Clark is vulnerable to certain things - all the varying colours of Kryptonite - but he's never been vulnerable to the same things as others in the same way.

Suddenly up pops Barbie from nowhere in particular for no particular reason and suddenly just one little word and Clark's anyone's!? It's not even clear that it's red kryptonite in there until the end, and even that wouldn't have the same effect. It makes him bad and rebellious because he wants to be - not controlled by hypnosis.

There are too many plot holes, many of which are included in the notes and trivia. The differences in time, the fact that he's not supposed to have had sex with this woman despite the taking off of as many clothes as they could get away with on prime time.

And why doesn't she reveal his secret? To anyone? How could Lex hope to control her if she's really able to control him at the drop of an amulet? And since her abilities seem caught up in the necklace, why is she so great at hypnosis. Shouldn't it be one of the meteor rock abilities that she's gained or something vaguely believable?

The only rather fun part is Clark knocking Lois out by flicking her head with his finger. The episode needed much more of this kind of insight and humour - or needed a real dark side to it.

It seems obvious to me that the writers were looking for a way to break up Clark and Lana. Unfortunately, now the series has continued (which I'm really glad about), it's becoming obvious because of the Superman legend that Clark and Lana are never meant to be together, so they had to find a way of making sure they aren't. I just think it could have been so much better handled than this very wimpy episode. I haven't watched the final episodes in this season yet, so I'm hoping that this is the last time we'll have to sit through the friends/lovers/enemies/friends/lovers/in-love/broken up/ not quite sure where are now kind of stuff that they've put us all through for the previous seasons. Yes we wanted them to be together. Yes we know they can't be. So stop simpering the pair of you and get a life!

There was such potential here for a great ending to the romance, but I truly believe the writers botched it big time.

Shame.
  • wow...again, clark does the same mistake - push lana away, and this time worse.

y does clark repeatedly do the same mistake over and over again. i mean, he doesn't have to lie again because jor el's warning about someone close to him is goin to die is over now. he can easily tell lana without risking it. i mean he already know the outcome so wut the hell is wrong with the creators? could they make clark any more dumb? this is ridiculous. i hope they make better episodes because this one is extremely pitiful, and i'm tired of seeing this over and over again. alicia baker and kyla willowbrook were better for clark anyways. it's too bad the creators managed to kill off the good characters so easily. this is too pathetic.....
  • A blonde beauty hypnotizes Clark. While under her spell he tells Lana he wants to break up with her and tries to kill Lex. When the spell is broken he realizes he has to break up with Lana even though he still loves her.

4.7
    More than painful it was dumb.
    I mean how does it make sense when you think about all the things Clark has said about Lana and done for her that when she asks him point blank, do you love me, he says no.
    I don\\\\\\\'t get it. It wasn\\\\\\\'t that long ago that he finally got the courage to reveal his secret to her and propose to her. And he was so crushed when he thought she was dead. If he still loves her like he told his mom, why didn\\\\\\\'t he just say Lana we need a break from her instead of telling her a lie he had to know would crush her?
    It seems like part of that phony destiny thing and the people who feed Clark his lines have decided its time to keep him and Lana apart so they can set up some kind of relationship between Clark and Lois.
  • We see Milton Fine again while Lex goes to Honduras in search of the spaceship. A girl named Simone uses a hypnotic necklace to make Clark do anything she wants.

I am really really sad about Lana and Clark breaking up. That's it, no more. It will never come back. I was yelling at Clark during the whole thing. Stupid whore had to mess everything up. Oh well I guess cause it was kinda getting dragged out. I hope Lana and Lex hook up cause I also like them together. It was cool to see Milton Fine again. The clones near the end of the episode was great and how he played Lex was simply genious. It was a great episode just like the series and I can't wait til nex week.
  • this episode was very werid i hate lex for getting a girl to fall in love with clark even though he likes lana and lana catches them at the loft and lex is so happy cause now he can get with lana lana asked clark if he still had feelings for heR

3.5
    I didnt like it at all lex is so mean and selfish he wants lana for his self that way he can make shore they can never be together he says he lovs lana but i think he is just using her and who nos clark and lana can still be together in season 6 and the girl lex setted up with clark is a ugly cow with curly farty dum hair 1 she realised wat lex did she gets angry because clark had a girl friend all ready chole nos wat lex is up too and get angry that is so mean
  • Clark is hynotised into falling for a strange girl. Uchk.

This episode was edfinatley not the standard of quality I expect from smallville, not only was the hypnotised storyline stupid, but the braniac stary was also stupid! I was bored watching the whole episode waiting for it to pick up but it never did. And this lana/clark break up back together break up thing is getting very annoying. They can only take it so far, and it really makes Clark seem like an idiot! For god's sake just tell her your secret!!!! After the 100th episode it looked as if things were changing for the better but for example "tomb" but this episode clearly proved me wrong!
  • Well, not a series classic, but watchable. Best part was the split of Lana and Clark.

6.6
    It's about time!!! Lana and Clark are finally over. Well, one can hope that this is it. I was so over the constant on and off again relationship of those two.

The main storyline was how Clark was hypnotized, again. I think the true hero is Chloe, because she seems to always be saving Clark from himself. But it was fun to see him get his super freak on.

The side story was Lex and the professor meeting up again. It really did not explain much about the space ships dissapearence. Apparently, it is now in the jungle and Clark didn't really kill the professor.

All in all, it was slightly entertaining, but not enough.
  • Contrary to popular belief I thought this episode was ok

They have already used hypnosis quite a few times before in Smallville, however I didn't think this episode was that bad.

It was really sad at the end where Clark told Lana that he did not love her anymore, I still don't really understand the logic behind that one.

Although relatively plain this episode did have its up points.
  • nice episode with a twist at the end

i know belive thatthe story lina has to go fastr to be on track with the original stroy of superman, in this episode we see how clarck leaves lana for ever using the excuse of the hipnotism. I think that the next episode will be very exciting with the coming back of the "profesor"
  • Blah Blah blah.....

This episode is better then it is being reviewed. This episode sets the plot very well for the future episodes in the season / series. Even though the plot was not totally great, the details of the story line were great.

sdf asdf asdf th rth dgfsd g sdfg g th th dfg yj j kurtu jk tg sdrgerg tyj ryu j dft hd h ftuk yu k tyuk fgy jrt j rth t yj ftyj ntntgn fgbdfgbt dftbrdtb bdftbfg dfg ktk df h st sth th. fdthrth dfrth rth ftgh srth th tht hh h h h h h hh.
  • This was dreadful! I don\'t understand people who wrote a bad review about this episode and rated it 9.1. In a scale from 1 to 10, I think 9.1 means pretty good! Clark hypnotised again! Probably the writers are running out of brain, so they

1.2
    Also, didn\'t Lois interrupt Clark and Simone while they were going at it in the alley? So, how could it be possible that they did not go all the way in the barn just after Simone forced him to dismiss Lana!

This is typical of this writers, like when Lana, Chloe and Lois were possesed by evil witches, they had an all night long party with half Smallville High (including Clark), but somehow neither of them ended up getting any (nor Clark, obviusly).

Besides, had or had not Clark make love to Simone while hypnotised does not affect the main story. Wait...! I forgot, the lame excuse for Clark being so distant with Lana is that he may hurt her in the heat of passion. That is just plain stupid.

Come on! he mastered super strength when he was 9! Was not his first revealed power along side super-speed?

I dont want to forget the very unsupportive attitude of Martha. How could he not suggested Clark to tell the truth to Lana when he keeps saying she is the one for him?

What kind of Mother is her? She doesn\'t know about the time travel that allowed Clark to save Lana from Lex, so there is no reason for her not to support his son in this matter.

This was probably the worst episode ever (and though most episodes are entertaining, I might say this was not the first really lame episode in the 5 years of the show).

PS: is such a crime to let Lana know about Clark super powers? there were versions of the story in which she knew and besides, this show has taken so much licenses when it comes to the real story, that such a thing would not heart it at all (or is it that they plan to continue Smallville until the whole gangs turns 30 without Clark turning into Superman?).
  • The role of Clark is made more and more stupid by the storywriter. No sane young man would ever react like him... Please don\'t let him act as he is living in another world!

Anyone who watched Smallville from day one, was expecting Clark and Lana to become a couple. I don\'t see Lois and Clark ever having a relationship, because characterwise they don\'t fit together. But alas, the story doesn\'t allow it.
    The storywriter does not know what the public wants or he just ignores it. We want Clark and Lana being together!!!
    This episode is just painfull and tries to explain by all (possible and impossible) means why Clark breaks up with Lana.
    Now it starts hurting my sense of reality...
  • ummm well it had some good bits

5.5
    im starting to hate this series and on more then one occasion found myself routing for lex, how the big cry baby ever turns into the man of steel i will never know......billed as the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of lex and clark again a disapointing outcome... they seem to be doing this soo much this season...advertising one thing and then another happens im starting to despair at the \"it was earth all along\" style shows.......the writers just seem to have clark going round in circles constantly.....tho saying that the bits of the episode i liked contained lex and fine i found they really added to the story...but the clark bits for the most part where worth skipping (which i nearly did) in all a good and bad episode maybe now that he has broke up with lana he cant stop moping about and take it up a notch (baam) the story premise for the series is a good one they just keep muddying it up with such episodes.
  • another great episode but one that was certainly predictable soon after Simone lies to Lex about Clark. And why is Milton Fine being dragged in again?? is there any purpose to that?

certainly a great episode but the writers might want to come up with a new original plot for an episode. the seductive woman with a magical charm? how predictable is that?

second of all... i liked the take on milton fine but why resurrect him? he is a goner... the writers obviously have no idea where they want to take the series...

i would appreciate it if they come up with unique ideas... the series needs a new uplifter and although the plot with milton fine looks solid, revisiting old stuff just doesnt cut the cloth anymore..

therefore, we need new ideas to maintain further great interest in the series. i enjoy it right now but something totally different would be appreciated.
  • Brianic is back and Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl Simone who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor.....Oh yeah, Clark and Lana finally break up for good

I was surprised when Brainiacs showed up again. The scene where brainiac is torching up the place and seeing his doubles, was a good momentum to keep watching the show and having more storylines to come.

The best part of the episode was when the hole Clana relationship finally came to a conclusion. Having Mrs. Kent talking to Clark about his relationship with Lana and not working out; forshadowed the Lois&Clark realtionship we all know and love.

Even though this episode wasn't the best I was just happy to have Smallville return. Now we have to watch the Lex & Lana relationship and his partnership with Brainac grow. The writers did a good job in the comidy department of humor in Lois and Chloe speaking how they feel about Clark.

Love Tom Welling and the cast of Smallville, Happy to watch the new episodes :) Keep up the great job!
  • C\'mon writers make the episodes a bit juicier and smarter...we don\'t need another smallville wall of weird character of the week!

6.3
    I\'m sorry, but this episode made about as much sense as a Britney Spears song sung by Bob Dylan. First of all If Lex knew about the jewel that controlls people\'s minds why would he let her out when she could control his mind???

Secondly, I hate Lana and I hope she teams up with Lex so that supe can take em both down. Why does Brainiac even bother to talk to Lex when he can pretty much do what ever he wants with his powers?

Ok so I had some mild disagreements with the story, but I\'m a huge Supe fan and will still watch, hoping that good friend Chloe will win Clark\'s heart before he ends up with Lois.

Looking for the Kal-el/Braniac showdown!!!
  • strange episode but good Character development (which is the only thing good in this episode)

bit of a strange episode.
    so this would clearly make it one of my least favorites. the regular story line is still cool
    (about proffessor Milton Fine) But when a girl appears with no special abillities at all and still hypnotizes everyone its kinda lame.
    the story about Lex getting more \"creative\" to get to Lana is cool. You also get to see more of Lex\'s Dark side.
    The story wil get more and more it\'s original form
    but the excitement that was in the last few eppisodes is totaly blew Of ( By the way It didn\'t seem Very interesting in the first place )
  • They made us wait a whole month for new episodes of Smallville, and this is what we get? I'm sorry, but gratuitous sex does not a great episode make.

Well, Clark and Lana are finally broken-up...again....I mean it....no, for real this time. Okay fine, I don't believe it either. If only there was some assurance that this was not just another low point on this rollercoaster. Kind of like how the episode of Lois & Clark where they finally got married was titled "The Wedding (We Swear to God)."

At least they've decided where this relationship is at now. We've been in limbo ever since the 100th episode. But I did appreciate how easily she was able to say something like "Chloe told me you were hypnotised into making out with that naked bimbo and I believe her" with a straight face.

The parts with Fine and Lex were okay, but since this is apparently just the beginning of another over-arching story line, there wasn't any pay-off in this one, just more questions.

On the whole, I'm disappointed with this episode. After a month-long break I expected them to come back with guns blazing, but instead all we got was 40 minutes of Clark playing around with some girl and acting like a tool.
  • Clark gets hypnotised by a girl sent by Lex and then she turns around and tries to get clark to kill Lex

6.8
    This episode was boring to watch and didn\'t really advance the plot much. The Milton Fine parts were OK but it\'s unclear why he wants more ebola or whatever. The episode also did not explain what was in Simone\'s jewel or why they kept zooming in on it. It just shows how little resistance Clark has to mental mental control (although in season 1 he was able to resist the temptress teacher lady without a problem). All in all wasn\'t impressed with this episode and getting tired of Clark and Lana being all whiny and mopey all the time. I\'m also guessing the writers are just going to ignore the fact that Lex has a dead body in his office with a gun shot in her chest fired from his gun.
  • Chloe Sullivan to the Rescue... Again!

Clark is hypnotized by a pseudo "freak"-for-blackmail-induced-hire of Lex's. Lana is traumatized to see Clark in the throws with hypno-Simone. Chloe, the always loyal and bad ass sidekick, puts the pieces together, single-handedly stops Simone, and releases Clark from her hypnosis.

Carries on the "Lex is underhanded and slippery" and the "Lana and Clark just won't work ever" plots. All in all, an average episode of Smallville in which Chloe jumps to the rescue and gets far too little/ no credit.
  • Simone was annyoingly distractive and dumb.

Clark is hypnotized by Simone, and he is at her command, so they are in his barn when Lana sees them making out, Clark sees her there and tell Lana he loves someone else, but Lana doesn't know that he is under Simone's control, so then Simone tells Clark to kill Lex, Lex is coming back from meeting Fine in Honduras, and finds Clark waiting for him, well Clark is about to kill Lex when Chloe puts Kryptonite in Clark's jacket, and then Lex shoots Simone's necklace, and Clark comes back to life but tells Lana he doesn't love her, I thought this episode was alright, but Simone made it boring, and the stroyline wasen't the best.
  • I thought it will be a whole way much better...

7.1
    This episode is really boring... first of all Lex contracts a woman named Simone in order for her to hypnotized Clark with her incredible diamond and that way break up Lana and Clark apart, later on when Lana discovers them Lana cries out, while Lex is out on Honduras to keep track of Milton Fine, but as he moves on, he discovers that Fine has been doing a lot of things around the place, later Clark decides to break up with Lana for once and for all. This episode was really a filler episode, and I just like it because Lana and Clark break up and because of Milton Fine...
  • 66i6ui

7.8
    kdvkds dsjhg;u ghds dshd sgd hgs gsa ap ds hgdgh g ghdsighh g gagdidhi gdsghhi dg idd hdgg gdhgh gdh gdhg gg a ap[sbck cbnfb ufb ffdg fdncjnbd fg f8gr8 cb hgu ry r gwehty rt8r 8 8 8rya hdgudfgydfuihg ughdfhgd hgu huhdug ud g dhug iuhad ghudfhguh dhghu gdh duh aiglfdghudf fui ghdhfuaghudigo iig h h uihghuure hg hu euhgauh uidsh gdhgg dfihuihh h dfpu hgpf uihdfp h upfd ghphfghug h gfdiphgdfi g dhfp hg uhfguf fduhpudfh fghpfhu fghgh fguh gfhugh fghu gh hugfufg gfhghuidfui uhdfh ufgduh ghu gggu ghug guhgfhu gffudhg ufgh gfghugfh ufdphuf uhudhf ghufdhp fh fguhfdhdfphfujhcdpuhd ufghgurhpguihg hrughuifou gugfu hgfu h gf
  • Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right!

Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right! Heres my usual breakdown:

Clark: Man it sucks to be you. Things that I wanted to happen this episode almost or actually did happen with him. He almost Superpowered Lex's arse and he broke off his relationship with Lana. (Breathing a heavy sigh of relief) ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!! I think he was to easily seduced. I would have loved him to put up more of a resistance on some of Simones commands. Like when she asks him for his secret or when she tells him to leave Lana. And especially the command to kill. He gave in to easily. I know he's young and not yet Superman but those are things that he should have at least shown a little bit of struggle in his face. Of course Im just notpicking. I did enjoy how he realized, despite him loving Lana, he knew, deep down, she wasnt the one. Lex: What an @$$. Not only did he blackmail Simone, but he sent her after Clark to discover his secret. And to break up Clana. (Of course he's actually my hero for that last one) I love seeing him one step ahead of everyone and manipulating the scene even when he's miles away. This is the Lex of the future. In the here and now. I was suprised that he started defending Clark at the end, but then I realized, it was only a ploy to get to Lana. Lana: I here many people complaining about the way things broke up with Lana and Clark. I have no problems. Youve got to see the story potential that will occur. One one side we have the Zod Squad: Lex, Lana, and Braniac. And on the other side the Jor-El Squad: Clark, Lois, and Chloe. Its gonna be great!!!

Chloe: Clark is damn lucky to have her as a friend. And I hope this episode finally puts to rest the theory that she's still in ove with Clark. I saw absolutly ZERO reaction to her learning Clark was with another woman. I also loved how she "knows" how Clark is. And KNOWS when he's being manipulated. The signs of a true friend. I was also laughing when she knocked Mrs. Kent. It was unexpected and hilarious. I dont think she's ever been knocked out like that.

Lois: Ah, the comedy relief. She does bring something to the show that was missing. I enjoy her more and more. Her being knocked out by Clark has got to be another hilarious scene in this episode. Her use of the sunshades on Simone shows just how resourceful she can be. And that she's not a mindless body.

Simone: Your classic freak of the week. Nothing really special. I dont think she was inherently bad, and she did find Clark interesting. She was good enough to protect Clark secret from Lex and everyone else. But of course murdering your own father puts one a long way from being a saint. Nothing special about her. Just the situations she created. Braniac: Ah the true star of the episde. Despite his short and brief appearances. He returned in a blazing glory...quite literally. The episode finally establishes that Braniac is actually the Spaceship. And that Milton Fine(s) are just his extensions. Lex was lucky to not be turned into a human sized shiscobob in the begining. I love him manipulating the situation for his needs. It shows how intelligent he truly is. He changed his background from Teacher to FBI and left breadcrumbs for Lex to follow. To gain Lex's trust. And in doing so, his company. He looking for samples. Obviously Blood Samples. But what for? How will infected blood help int he release of Zod? Could it have something to do with Kryptonian visitors of the past? This episode set down the groundwork for what can be a GREAT season finale.

All in all, a re-hash of a previouse episode that I would have given s 5-10. But this time they actually did it correctly. And the sub-plot (Braniac returns and Clana break up) makes this episode a 8-10
  • Yay the soap opera is over!

Finally Clark and Lana split up so now we can get on with the decent/exciting story line rather than the boring soap opera :-p

The intro to the show was awesome, all the past scenes. Kinda reminded me of one of the Buffy eps where they recapped the whole 6-7 years in like 20 secs but this was just this series.

Anyway good show. Clark needs to get buff again though.

• ...Simply Clark gets hypnotized by some random girl who was hired by none other than Lex Luthor. Of course, ever since the episode LEXMAS, Lex been wanting Lana more than ever. And everything else unfolds from then. Oh, Clark and Lana 'officially' break

To those Clark & Lana fans, I'm sure this was a sad episode to watch but it was going to happen sooner or later. Clark and Lana are brought together by fate, but separated by destiny. We all know who Clark is destined with so as much as some like Clark and Lana (as I did or I'm sure more for some of you), it's time to move on.

Now as far as how the acting was done, it was great. Clark & Lana in the end was really sad and props to Kristen with her emotional scenes. (i.e. when she caught Clark at the barn, after he tells her that he fell in love with someone else, and when he said he didn't love her). It was heartbreaking for me especially always been a Clark and Lana fan. I agree with another post, there was a little lacking of heart though. After everything Clark and Lana been through together, it didn't make quite sense why things turn out the way things did. Anyway, I'm not going to go through my reasons right now. Part of me wish they can go back to being just good friends, but I know the writers aren't going to let that happen for a while.

As far as the whole space, Honduras thing it was good, but to be honest, I haven't been following. We'll see how that storyline unfolds. I gave this episode a 8.2 mainly because of the Clark and Lana heartbreaking scenes (I wish they cut the commercial and add more of the scenes) and the funny moments at the Kent's. Did Clark really just tap Lois in the head?

Take care! :)
  • to hate the feeling of love, because the love hurts you more than the hate does.

So what do I say about this? Clark Kent has to break the heart of someone that he loves. Although you can\'t see the passion between them you always know it\'s there. He has to break her heart so he doesn\'t rip it apart beyond repair. I really think that he thought he did it for the best, but if Lana is as strong as she comes on to be, then if Chloe can take Clarks secret, so can Lana. I can\'t imagine what it would be like to mysteriously get a call from your boyfriend who you\'ve loved passionately forever, and just when you think you\'re getting back on track and you can try things again...BAM...he\'s \"in love\" with another woman. Horrible, unspeakable, devastating..no words would be able to put my feelings into perspective. I really feel sorry for Lana, while everyone else knows, Clark can\'t tell the one woman in the world that he truly loves. She just wants answers, and although Clark has those answers he chooses not to give them to her for \"her sake\" I\'m sure. If this is supposed to be suspenseful, then it\'s not working, its just agrivating! Although I love this episode I must say. Some things that don\'t make sense...When Clark does his super-run to get Simone the champaign and the chocolate covered strawberries, it doesn\'t take him more that a few seconds, and I know from personal experience that cashiers take a few minutes to check the item, get your money and give you change etc. he couldn\'t do it unless the stuff was stolen, and in that case the police would be after him and would have proof that he\'s an alien.
    -----