Smallville

Hypnotic

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2006 on The CW

• Were the writers of tonight's show new? Have they not followed the storyline for the past 5 years?

Ok, I have been a faithful fan since the beginning and I just can\\\'t believe the writers chose to break Lana and Clark up this way. It was SO out of character for Clark. I have always known that Clark would end up with Lois but it happens in the distant future. My goodness Clark just traded Lana\\\'s life for another of his loved ones mere weeks ago and now the writers would have us believe, in this short period of time, Clark can let her go???

Clark should tell Lana his secret and let her chose how to deal with it. And, don\\\'t you think it was way out of character for Clark to so easily share the secret of his powers while hynotized?

Come on...
  • Finally...

6.1
    I've always felt that Lana and Clark would either have to go all the way and be happy, or else break up, and stop trying to be something their not. The show seems to be filled past it's peak of episode after episode of Lana trying to get closer to Clark and him pushing away, or vice-versa. I mean we've had enough.

And Apparantly the writers have too (4 years too late...but w/e). They have broken up, one assumes permanently. Thank god, now we can haveso real plots where clark does real "Super" things (That is after this next episode which looks like it's gonna suck more than my vacuum).

You hear that, writers? Stop with the crappy story lines. Smallville's ratings are dropping, it hasn't been renewed for another season...we don't need an episode in which Lana sees dead people. What we need is more huge superpower battles, more plot twists, conspiracies, more about Clarks past, and his father, more with Nathan Fine, more saving of lives, more Chloe and Lois, and more evil Lex. This show has so much potential, it's time we reached for it.
  • Heartbreaking...tragic...sadder then "Reckoning"...

So this is what it has come to for Clark and Lana. Besides the fact the fact that I believe their relationship should have at least lasted till season's end, the truth is that the writers assasinated Smallville's most important couple in the worst way possible. No it was not a mutual, bittersweet ending, but rather a knife-in-the-heart, tragic ending which shattered Clana into dust. And more than that is the fact that it was a lie when Clark told Lana "I don't love you", it means that Clana STILL would have been together if it were'nt for certain "circumstances". It leaves everyone thinking, 'well maybe Clark and Lana WERE meant to be, if only...". The truth is that Clark didn't leave Lana because he wasn't in love with her, but because of all the outside "factors" keeping them from being happy together. Meaning, even when he finally is with Lois, he'll still wonder, "If only...". Sad, sad, sad. But there WAS a redeeming quality to this episode, Kristin and Tom's acting is flawless. Especially Kristin's when Clark falsely abdicates his love for her, the look of shock on Lana's face is heartbreaking as she stumbles backward onto the couch. She realized that the person who has been the ONE constant thing in her life...no longer loves her. And as Joss Whedon once said, "The worst feeling in the world is loving someone who used to love you."
  • Clark is hypnotized and broke up with Lana.The girl(Simone)is under Lex influence and made her hypnotize Clark to find his secret, but she dobule-crossed Lex in the end.Lex finds Milton Fine in Honduras and an alliance is form.The episode ends with Clark

7.6
    Well after four seasons expecting the Clark/Lana relationship to finally surface, it all began and end in the fifth season. Now with that relationship disolve, looks like the Lois & Clark era will begun, maybe not this season, but most likely that something will unravel maybe in the next.

What intrigues me more of this episode was the Lex/Fine(Brainiac)partnership.It is obvious that Braniac is the one pulling the strings, he has no reason to partner with Lex ,unless he have something inline for Kal-El and is marey using Lex to get it. Wonder if Brianiac knows about Lionel/Jor-El union?
  • YAY! Clark and Lana broke up forever! Seriously, it was getting sickening. I'm so glad Clark finally came to his senses/

This episode is good because it really throws you off. In the beginning, you think that it's just another "Freak of the Week" episode with someone having an "identity crisis" and being controlled by some psycho or the other, but this episode is actually really revealing.

We find out that Lex sent Simone out to find out Clarks secrets, so he really hasn't at all given up on his so called "friend." Of course, we knew this in the episode "Mortal" where Lex is spying on Chloe and Clark with his video camera when he does a set up trial for Clark. Then, after the spell is broken, Clark decides to break it off with Lana and actually DOES it. Genius, simply genius...

I can't wait until he and Lois fall in love.
  • Clark 'officially' breaks it off with Lana. Clark is hypnotized and is turned into a sex slave. Lex finds Fine.

O.k raise your hand if you really think its over with Clark and Lana. I'm convinced she will eventually find out about Clark. Maybe not this year but before this show ends. I can't help it I like those two!! I agree with whoever wrote that when Lois is in an episode it feels forced. I don't think I'd miss the character if she left. Lex ans Lana as a couple makes me gag. Lex is not sexy in any way shape or form.I'm excited for next weeks episode. Looks like a good one!!
  • Clark should move on from Lana and be with Chloe!!

Clark and Lana’s relationship always seemed so hectic. They could never just happily be together and now it has apparently ended - for about the billionth time. Seriously how many different ways can Clark and Lana’s relationship end? Even though when I saw this episode for the first time I didn’t think it was over for good because it never is. I think Clark should be with Chloe because those to are so close, she knows his secret, she likes him and I think they would make a really nice couple. I also felt so sorry for Chloe when Clark told her he’d proposed to Lana, her face!
  • Start of a new story arc

Overall, not a great episode. James Marsters as Milton Fine, though, is fantastic and it's good to have him back. I think we are at the start of what could shape up to be a really good story arc. Which would be nice since I feel Smallville has been struggling since Reckoning to find its groove.

MoTW was Simone, a human with a hypnotic necklace. As far as baddies go, she's on the low end - no fear was struck in my heart. She has been blackmailed by Lex to find out more about Clark, and as a bonus, break up Clana. Simone, however, doesn't care for blackmail and tries to get Clark to kill Lex. Needless to say, it would be a huge shift in Superman mythology if he succeeded, so Lex makes it through the show. Good thing, since Lex is by far the best developed character on the show!

Clark does finally end it with Lana, who goes running to Lex to cry - which could set up some great C's vs. L's - Clark/Chloe and Lex/Lana.

So I'm giving this one an 8/10 for the hopes it gave me for a kick butt end to the season...here's hoping it makes good on those expectations.
  • The classifacation says it all. I think Smallville has officially jumped the shark. How many episodes can we have where the main plot point revolves around Clark getting hypnotized, or, some sort of item making him "not himself"?

1.4

When the season was gearing up for it's premiere, it was made to seem like this was the season. Clark and Lex will have a true falling out... which sort of happened, but, not really. They are no longer friends, but, they aren't really enemies either.

Maybe this was just a hiccup on the way to something better.... I hope.

The only promising item was the somewhat revelation of where the ship is, and all that surrounded that.......... for the last 5 minuites of the show.

To summarize, I didn't like Dawson's Creek the first time around. 5 1/2 years is pretty much enough of the "I love you, but can't tell you what my secret is, but I'll still go out with you, but I can't..." blah blah. They either need to start outing a "supermanish" character, or, something.
  • Great Episode

In Sierra de la Botija, Honduras, Central America, while collecting samples of a deadly virus in a quarantine zone, two men are attacked by Professor Milton Fine. In Smallville, Clark is hypnotized by the beautiful Simone and ends his relationship with Lana. Meanwhile, Lex travels to Honduras and has a meeting with Milton Fine. Lana with her broken heart, visits Lex. In this important episode, Clark breaks with Lana and Professor Milton Fine returns in an evil partnership with Lex Luthor. Lana Lang, with her broken heart, gets closer to Lex and probably this association will harm Clark Kent in the future.
  • A suprisingly good episode

I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical about this episode. On the surface, the premise to this episode sounds extremely lame. Clark being hypnotized and becoming a sex slave?

However, I was really suprised how good this episode turned out to be. In fact, it is one of my favorite episodes from this season.

I thought the episode was outstanding.

The Clark and Lana break up was long overdue. I really like the way that it was done too. Clark realized it was the right thing to do. Although the Clana shippers must be really hating life right now considering they waited 5 years for Lana to find out the secret and Clark would rather lie to Lana than tell her the truth. What really cracks me up is how many people were saying they short changed the reveal in Reckoning to serve as a preview for what's to come..

I loved the Lex/Fine subplot. I found it to be extremely interesting and very well done. The ship with the multiple Fine's is very cool. It is always great to see Lex embracing his curious side, because as we all know it is what eventually makes him become who he is destined to be.

I actually enjoyed the hypnotize plot. I thought the actress who played Simonne was extremely attractive which helped, but I really thought TW was on tonight in the role. The way he delivered that line about Lex "Then he's a dead man" was just so perfect. Cracked me up.

While I hate the idea of Lexana, I liked the way they put the spin on it of Martha saying " I hope you don't force Lana to do something we will all regret" like Lana and Lex both becoming evil. That would be interesting to see.

Chloe was great as always. Really liked the references to various types of Kryptonite too.

Gripes I had :

- Why was Lois in this episode? Everytime she is used, it feels forced. There is never a real point to the appearance of the character. She is always just there. Although, she did have a few good lines tonight, and the way Clark knocked her out was funny.

- How in the hell did Lana get to Smallville so fast? Last time I checked, Metropolis was not ten minutes away.

- Lex's attitude about how Clark was able to be so strong. "You are under hypnosis, how else do you think you could throw me across the room?" The whole reason Lex hired Simonne besides breaking Clark and Lana up was because he suspected Clark of being unusual. Then he just casually dismisses it? How many times has he suspected Clark? Hell, has he forgotten how Clark and he met? Also, why in the hell is Lex still defending Clark?

But overall, I thought this episode was entertaining and filled with outstanding character development.
  • The episode was pretty good...

The episode was pretty good....It was about this girl named Simone that had hypnotized Clark to do anything that she wanted him to do. Simone had been able to hypntize people becuase of her necklace, which she had murdered her father to get since he was a shrink.

Lex knew about Simone murdering her father so he black mailed her to find out if there is anything wrong with Clark, and she found out that he had super powers, but she didn't tell Lex.

Clark was completely hypnotized, of course, and he almost had sex with Sim one but then Lana walked in and saw them undressed and started crying. Then Clark told her that he didn't love her so hse ran out.

The episode goes on with Lex going out to Honduras searching for Fine, and finds him. He wanted to confront him saying that he knew what was up to, which Lex thought that Fine was a government agent looking for the ship, but Lex was wrong.

When the Simone around Simone's neck is destroyed, Clark and everyone else go back to normal and then Clark really tells Lana that he really doesn't love her ande Lana is heart broken.

That is pretty much the summery of the episode. It was pretty good, especially when he says that he doesn't love Lana anymore. Such a sad ending, but it had to be done.
  • Despite the rather annoying Simone, this was a pretty decent episode.

My knee-jerk reaction to Simone was freak-of-the-week, add to that getting Clark naked etc, and I was worried. But this was unusual – 1) she’s not a meteor-freak, her powers are supernatural not a side-effect of meteors and 2) she was only briefly in it, just long enough to change the status quo, though we’ll see how long that lasts. As a woman, I fully understand the urge to get Clark naked, but it’s only fun if it’s relevant, this was borderline. But I’ll forgive it because 1) got to see Clark naked ;-) and 2) they moved quickly past it and it succeeded in breaking up Clark and Lana. Clark and Lana have been beyond irritating this season, it’s time to move on. I loved season 3 for many reason (not the least of which was Jason!) but Lana and Jason worked, they were good together, had a normal stable relationship, something the writers are apparently incapable of doing for Clark and Lana. Besides which, watching Clark continually pine over Lana is annoying, not to mention boring. The writers must stay this course, it’s good for the story and takes out a relationship that has never really worked - and I don’t mean because the writers keep interfering, I mean that Clark and Lana just don’t go well together, they turn from the interesting people they are individually to this mushy mess as a couple. There’s more sparks and friction between them when they’re not together, so this is a good thing. Also, it opens the door to Lex/Lana which could be very interesting. I’d like to see Lana go to the dark side, that could be fun…

I wholeheartedly agree with Clark’s decision and it shows a maturity that wasn’t there until recently. It was the right decision for many reasons but that maturity also is appropriate given the age they are now, they’re adults and are finally acting like it. The scene was handled well when Clark tells her he doesn’t love her anymore and Kristin did very well when she breaks down.

Then there’s South America and Fine, who was very cool here. Gotta say – where is Lex getting his info from?! A government agent?! If I was Lex, I’d fire my entire staff (particularly security!) for incompetence! Even Fine looked startled but went with it because it’s the perfect cover and plays perfectly into events and Fine’s behaviour. I wish they’d told us what that disease was, because it resembled Ebola, and what does Fine intend to do with the sample? And why is he, and the ship, in South America to begin with?

The most interesting thing in the episode is what does Lex think? This was the first time that Lex actually saw Clark’s powers with no supernatural influence to explain it away, this was straight hypnosis, and no convenient memory loss to reset the status quo. Lex saw Clark’s superstrength as well as Chloe using meteor rock to take Clark down. The look of shock on Lex’s face – I hope the writers don’t cop out now - leave it as is, let Lex finally have a clue about Clark’s true nature.

A pretty interesting episode overall.
  • Clark gets hypmotized by a mystery girl and breaks Lana's heart when she finds him and the girl half naked in the barn on a couch. In the end of the episode he breaks up with her because he doesnt wanna break her heart anymore.Lex comfort's Lana after the

I'm starting to get sick of Lana. I liked her character for the first couple of season's but now that she's all about Clark having secrets and how he doesnt open up to her and yet she has secrets of her own. I know Clark and Lois end up together which is good but it would be nice to see Chloe and Clark together, since she is the onlyone besides Martha that knows about Clark's secret (oh and now Lionel ofcourse). This episode I liked because Clark finally officially ends things with Lana. Even though before it looked like things between them was over it just wasnt really anounced. I mean how long has it bin since they even kissed? It's over...and it was time.
  • Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right!

Wow. I was a little worried that I was going to be dissapointed witht hisa episode. I mean, Clark is brainswashed and breaks Lanas heart by being with another woman? Havnt we seen this already? But this time, they actually got it right! Heres my usual breakdown:

Clark: Man it sucks to be you. Things that I wanted to happen this episode almost or actually did happen with him. He almost Superpowered Lex's arse and he broke off his relationship with Lana. (Breathing a heavy sigh of relief) ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!! I think he was to easily seduced. I would have loved him to put up more of a resistance on some of Simones commands. Like when she asks him for his secret or when she tells him to leave Lana. And especially the command to kill. He gave in to easily. I know he's young and not yet Superman but those are things that he should have at least shown a little bit of struggle in his face. Of course Im just notpicking. I did enjoy how he realized, despite him loving Lana, he knew, deep down, she wasnt the one. Lex: What an @$$. Not only did he blackmail Simone, but he sent her after Clark to discover his secret. And to break up Clana. (Of course he's actually my hero for that last one) I love seeing him one step ahead of everyone and manipulating the scene even when he's miles away. This is the Lex of the future. In the here and now. I was suprised that he started defending Clark at the end, but then I realized, it was only a ploy to get to Lana. Lana: I here many people complaining about the way things broke up with Lana and Clark. I have no problems. Youve got to see the story potential that will occur. One one side we have the Zod Squad: Lex, Lana, and Braniac. And on the other side the Jor-El Squad: Clark, Lois, and Chloe. Its gonna be great!!!

Chloe: Clark is damn lucky to have her as a friend. And I hope this episode finally puts to rest the theory that she's still in ove with Clark. I saw absolutly ZERO reaction to her learning Clark was with another woman. I also loved how she "knows" how Clark is. And KNOWS when he's being manipulated. The signs of a true friend. I was also laughing when she knocked Mrs. Kent. It was unexpected and hilarious. I dont think she's ever been knocked out like that.

Lois: Ah, the comedy relief. She does bring something to the show that was missing. I enjoy her more and more. Her being knocked out by Clark has got to be another hilarious scene in this episode. Her use of the sunshades on Simone shows just how resourceful she can be. And that she's not a mindless body.

Simone: Your classic freak of the week. Nothing really special. I dont think she was inherently bad, and she did find Clark interesting. She was good enough to protect Clark secret from Lex and everyone else. But of course murdering your own father puts one a long way from being a saint. Nothing special about her. Just the situations she created. Braniac: Ah the true star of the episde. Despite his short and brief appearances. He returned in a blazing glory...quite literally. The episode finally establishes that Braniac is actually the Spaceship. And that Milton Fine(s) are just his extensions. Lex was lucky to not be turned into a human sized shiscobob in the begining. I love him manipulating the situation for his needs. It shows how intelligent he truly is. He changed his background from Teacher to FBI and left breadcrumbs for Lex to follow. To gain Lex's trust. And in doing so, his company. He looking for samples. Obviously Blood Samples. But what for? How will infected blood help int he release of Zod? Could it have something to do with Kryptonian visitors of the past? This episode set down the groundwork for what can be a GREAT season finale.

All in all, a re-hash of a previouse episode that I would have given s 5-10. But this time they actually did it correctly. And the sub-plot (Braniac returns and Clana break up) makes this episode a 8-10
  • Perhaps it was the hiatus, but the wind seems to be knocked out of the sails on this series.

Every so often there’s an outstanding episode worth buying the season’s dvds for, but such episodes are becoming few and far between. A permanent breakup between Lana and Clark is so depressing and dark and a dead end. The good parts of this episode: I liked the idea of the woman hypnotizing Clark to do her bidding and Professor Fine initially arming himself behind his back when Lex was getting too threateningly close, and then retreating when he discovered it was a misunderstanding. Good story technique. The girl had a good motive to sic Clark on Lex, but it seemed more like a handy plot device because it wasn’t very developed. Another great part was when the girl hypnotized Martha into agreeing to let Clark leave out of her life and be happy about it (“Well, then, you have a good trip), and Clark happily goes along with it kissing her good by, “Thanks, Mom,” acting as if this was completely normal. That was all good fun. Whenever Welling is playing the bad guy, he does it with a smile, which really works for me. Although all the plot points were there, this storyline was just weak. It lacks heart.
  • Here we go again

7.2
    This week in the Smallville, the town where everyone has long term memory problems Clark gets hypntotised by a blond with red Kryptonite. Re-used plot again from season four when Alice uses it to take control of Clark. But anyways following a series of nasty, confusing and considerable shortsightedness events bang bang the witch is dead and everyone gets on with their life. And something real good happened!

Clark came to his senses and dumped Lana, moodkiller extrodinaire. Whilst Clark made some half hearted attempts to look sad Martha says something some fans have known for ages: If Clark truely loved her he would tell her his secret. She isn't the one!

Whilst Lana, the one who will point a finger but fail to see the three pointing back runs to Clarks not officially sworn nemesis the bald eagle Lex who went off on a jaunt to find Brainiac played by the yummy James Marsters. Following a series of sweaty jungle shots James Marsters runs off in four different directions and Lex comes back just in time to be comforted by the woman any sane person knows he loves.

Oh to be rich!
  • This episode was okay.

Hypnotic was an okay episode. At first I was wondering why Simone pick Clark out of all the guys at the Talon to hook up with but then that was revealed. KK did a good acting job when she saw Clark with Simone and when the broke up. I did not like they way that they had Clark break up with Lana. Telling her that he did not love her was pretty harsh. I guess the biggest reason why they chose to do it that way is so that Lana will not want to go back to Clark and so that she will be pushed closer to Lex. The best parts of the episode were with Milton Fine. James Marsters is doing an excellent job playing Brainac. He is one of my favorite villains on Smallville. I just hope next week's episode is better.
  • Mind control again. Please can the writers come up with something new. Boring.

I did not like this episode. After a month of waiting we get this, the weakest episode of what has been a very strong season. A girl with a necklace which hynotizes people. Please can we get something better than this. Mind control has been overused in Smallville.

I didn't even like the scenes with Milton Fine and Lex. I was expecting Smallville to crank it up with the return of Milton Fine, but no. We are even left with an unsatisfying ending involving Fine, the ship, and some kind of disease that effects people in Honduras. Wonder where they're going with that? I wasn't impressed that's for sure.

Well at least Lana and Clark have broken up for good this time. Or are they? Next week's episode has Lana going to Clark for help again. Whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that the Clana relationship, as some people have called the relationship between Clark and Lana, hasn't really been going anywhere since episode 100 anyway. And what is up with Lana wanting to jump Clark's bones at the beginning of the episode? Weren't they like fighting, and didn't she say she needed time away from "us". I guess the writers thought that we might forget about that little tidbit since it has been so very long since we have had a new episode.

I thought Thirst was the weakest link of a real good season so far. Hypnotic has now taken that crown. At least Chloe had some decent scenes, but there wasn't much else in this very unspectacular episode.

And what about Lex? Here we have Clark throwing him around again like he's nothing, and he still doesn't get that he's not normal. For one of Superman's greatest villains, he sure is a moron at this younger age. Hope the writers do better than this for the rest of the season.
  • Fairly lack lustre episode, back to the old villain of the week theme. Simone arrives as a villain with hypnotic powers, which is the back story behind Clark, yet again, breaking up with Lana.

4.3

The writers of the series seem to have boxed themselves into an insane corner. They\'re never going to let Clark hook up with Lana, because we all know from Superman lore he\'s destined to be with Lois. But they wanted his childhood girlfriend, so week after week we get the same, on again, off again, stuff. The only way of progressing the Clark/Lana storyline is for them to break up or him to tell her his secret (and not have it convieniently forgotten by the end of the episode). He can\'t tell the secret so they\'ve got to break up. Hopefully they\'re finally finished with this and Clark and Lana break up never to try again.

Meanwhile the Simone story line was daft, she can do anything with that crystal so why let herself get boxed in by Lex. She could easily hypnotise others to get herself close to Lex.

As an aside at the end we get the crystal destroyed and everyone\'s hypnosis removed. Presumably this means all those people hypnotised by her father also have their hypnosis removed. So all those poor smokers, nail biters etc. are back to their bad habits (if the release was due to her death then her father\'s hypnosis patients would have been released when he died, something Chloe might have spotted in her research).
  • Smallville's 5th mind-controlling person and the long overdue but unstatisfying breakup

4.1
    They must be running out of ideas. Someone with the power of mind control comes along (number 5 in fact- 1st season the guy with the handshake power, 2nd season the woman who has the power to seduce any man, 3rd season Chloe forces people to tell the truth, 4th Season Myxlpklk as foreign exchange student) and Clark acts not of his own free will (I've simply lost count of the number of times that's happened, between body switching, Red K, and mind control). Ultimatelyy though, it's irrelevant, because Chole saves the day and Lana is even willing to forgive Clark.

However, Clark finally decides to end it with Lana, ending a five year limbo in the most unsatisfying manner possible. Yes, I understand, he wants to protect her in some vague way, but really he shouldv'e just told her at this point. Whether they stay together or not the series has gone on for too long without Lana finding out. If they break up, it should be final in the sense that she knows everything, and it still doesn't work out. Maybe that he realizes he's needed in Metropolis and she wants to stay in smallville, or that she loves Clark Kent but not Superman (the opposite of Lois, who's always been more attracted to Superman than Clark Kent).

Just bleh. The overall arc of the season has been great, but really the relationship arc has been terrible. You'd think after 4 years of waiting for this relationship they would've handled it better. They better settle the issues between them at some point.
  • lame and trips up the story

apart from the sometimes weird choices (see the summary and notes) this lacks conviction (oke it's a show about a superhero i know)

1 the storyline has been done a couple of times before
    2 if clark knows that simone was send by lex why does he not act on this information
    3 adding up to nr 2 why does he drive lana into lex's arms
    4 lana and clark were friends long before they were lovers, doesn't it seem strange that when clark says his feelings have changed it is so unconvincing and still it seems weird that lana hates him for it, sure he had a reason but it shows clark once again to be more brawn than brain, superior being from space indeed

somehow it seems not enough to spark the epic confrontations between lex en clark we now that will come

the simple fact that it does not account for lana lang not being there in the future superman lore to me says that this is only the beginning and it will end with lana getting fragged with both lex and clark blaming each other

to be honest lana lang has long stopped to be a vital part of the series, lois and chloe feed the story lana distracts

• Clark breaks up with Lana for the last time Lex trys to get his secret Dr Fine comes back from who knows where and now theres multiples of him....blah blah blah boring

Very boring episode with no surprises. Clarks break up with Lana long over due, for dumb reasons just hope Lex doesnt end up with her. They need to get the story line back on track with him becoming superman or episodes with other young super heros like with Run or Aqua.
  • Once again the writers back track on previously established "rules" in the Smallville series. Rules that they established themselves. An utterly ridiculous episode.

The writers in this series have repeatedly established that Clark is not affected in the same way as other people by "special powers". Time and time again we have seen him be immune to the mind controlling affects of other peoples special abilities (see the episode where he gets his heat vision or the episode where Chloe has the ability to make people tell the truth). Once again we have been betrayed by the writers of Smallville.

What is Clark trying to save Lana from by breaking up with her for good and LYING and saying that he doesn't love her? Shouldn't the great Super-moron be doing just the opposite and telling her the TRUTH so that she can understand what's going on and can be better protected by knowing that Clark can be trusted and has the power to protect her? Why is Clark so obtuse that he can't see that Lana is in danger EVERY episode, whether she knows the truth or not? How can telling her the truth put her in any more mortal danger than what she suffers each episode already?

Since Season 3 Lana has been such a poorly written and misused character. She is justified in hating Clark because he is written as a COMPLETE and utter idiot. He needs to find a backbone and start standing up for what he believes in and what he's willing to fight for. He needs to stop being reactive and become more proactive. He needs to stop making all these spur of the moment, poorly thought out decisions.

Just a completely poor episode all around. Hack-writers couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag.
  • The Break Up …..

I use to like seeing Lana with Clark in the 1st 3 seasons they were adorable together, Clark was always saving Lana’s life and he was always there when she waked up, and for Lana she was so sweet with him and lovable but these kind of relationships never last, every relationship is based on honesty and trust and Clark never show Lana that and for Lana the same thing she knew that Clark and Lex weren’t close as before and she was always going to him for her problems plus both of them were always lying especially Clark.

Let’s talk about this episode … a blond girl named Simone came to Clark with a powerful nickels the nickels can change a person feeling and nothing new Lex send her to find out Clark’s secret and break up with Lana, she did both .. she made Clark call Lana and till her to pass over and of cores they started to make out and Lana came in the middle of it, so Lex 1st plan worked her 2nd and main mission to find out Clark secret and plan 2 worked but she didn’t till Lex about Clark\'s secret, making the episode shorter some action happened in Lex mansion and Chloe came to save the day the nickels got broken and the spell went away.

Now its time to face Lana to be honest I was shocked that Clark finely had the guts to till her that there relationship is off but he did it in a stupid way they way he did it Lana for sure will revenge …. That\'s what we will see in the coming episodes.

• Lana and Clark finally break up! Clark meets Simone at The Talon and because of her breakes up with Lana. In the end Clark relizes that because he has to keep his secret from Lana he is always going to hurt her so he breaks up with her

Ok that episode was so weird and a lot of questions could be wondered. Its like Clark and Lana loved eachother forever and Clark always wanted to be with her and after hurting her for the millionth time he says he doesnt love her anymore its so sad.But why didn’t Clark leave when he first heard Simone saying she was glad Lana left. Why was Simone going after Clark there are other guys that could of came back from preivous episodes or guest star in this episode. Also I thought that Fine died well he\'s alive. And did everyone go bac to normal after the thing on Simone’s neck broke. Also how did Lex know what Simone did? Chloe knew that something was wrong why didn’t she tell Lana so when Clark called she would of knew not to go, it would of kept Clark and Lana together. But why did Lana tell Lex first, because of their research together or something else it seemed that Lex likes Lana more than a friend.
  • Clark and Lana call it quits. Lex and Brainiac team up for the first time.

For the first time Lex Luthor and Brainiac team up. In what is destined to be one of the great villian teams throughout the DC universe, Brainiac and Lex have gotten together in what promises to be trouble for Clark. Meanwhile, thanks to a seductress Clark and Lana are done for good.

It was an excellent episode, playing further into the DC universe. With Clark and Lana done, does this mean it's time for Lois to realize her feelings for Clark? Or will we finally see a quick fling between Chloe and Clark. Chloe has trully grown this season into an amazing young woman and it's hard to believe that Clark hasn't noticed.
    What trouble will Lex and Brainiac cause for Clark? Things are really picking up and Clark's about to face his biggest troubles yet.
    This episode was just another great example of Smallville's appeal and it pushes us closer to Clark's days of flight and tights.
  • Clark is hypnotized by a woman who uses a supposedly magical charm to control others - he reveals his super powers and is sent to kill Lex. Meanwhile, Lex has tracked down the missing Professor Fine and plans to confront him, unaware that Clark is coming

Now we all know how many times clark and lana have broken up. will this really be the last time? (yeah right)Now Lex really thinks he can get lana(NOT). I cant belive he is really trying the rebound tactic to get her. I cant see them two at all. Next episode looks hot.
  • Amazing Come Back!

Finally, Smallville has come back on Air, and with a punch. I was wondering when the writers of smallville were going to get off thier butts and give us, the fans, something to talk about. The last few episodes have beeen alittle weak, but this episode was on point. I can't wait to see how this story line turns out. !!
  • Clark broke up with lana for the very last time. Lex hires simone to hypnotize clark to get his secret. She uses his secret to her advantage and has him to try and kill lex. Clark would succed if chloe did not use the kryptoniteand knock him our in time.

this was one of the best episodes i have ever saw of smallville. the suspense was crazy. i like the part when mrs. kent pulled the shotgun out on lois.Chloe knock her out with a rolling pin from her very own kitchen. simone is one crazy person who is going to jail for murder of her father.
< 1 2 3