Smallville

Lockdown

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 2006 on The CW

• One of the best episodes of Season Five.

This would have to be one of the best episodes of season five, because it continues the arc of the spaceship, it also is action packed! We see Lana & Lex having a connection in the panic room since they both risked their lives for each other. So that foreshadows future romance along the way. We all know Lex wants something to happen since Lexmas. This is also one of the best episodes, because Lana & Clark continue to argue over their romance level. "Clark, what am I your cousin?" I also like the subplot, Jonathan still running for senate. Boy, was he mad when he found out all the money was from Lionel. Poor Lois, taking the blame for that in the beginning. Anyways the explosion scene, definite classic!
  • Panic Bore

Lockdown-Lex and Lana are at the mercy of a deranged Smallville deputy who plans to keep them captive until Lex reveals the location of the Kryptonian spaceship. Meanwhile, the Kents can't see eye-to-eye on campaign financing.

After a Lex randomly and conveniently jumping into a "pains room" behind his library when two renegade deputies attack the mansion, I knew this episode would be crap. Since when did Lex have a "panic room" inside his mansion? Can you say blatant knock off of "Panic Room"! After that, I just couldn't get into the rest of the episode, not to mention, when Lana and Lex were both trapped together in the panic room. Obviously this is where the writers were trying to plant the seeds of Clana which just didn't come off as touching or romantic, just bland and forced. Also Lex gets shot again, jesus, give the guy a break! Didn' the character just get shot two episodes ago.

Another annoyance of the episode is Clark whinning about Lana, thinking he'll never imagine loving anyone else (EHW!) and pretty much acting more BDA than usual. The main plot just doesn't interest, but the sub-plot does. I liked Jonathan finding out about Lionel's assistence in his race and how it caused a bit of conflict for the family. The best part of the episode is Clark superspeed save at the end as she runs through a ball of fire to save Lana from a massive explosion. The only thing "Lockdown" has going for it is that the ending sets up the 100th episode well. After that, it feels like a "Panic Room"-esqe plot with poor execution and suspenseless scenes.
  • Two Sheriff's deputies assault Lex and Lana, demanding to know the spacecraft's location and resulting in the loss of a continuing character from the Smallville cast.

7.8
    At the Luthor mansion, a man and a woman dressed as Sheriff's deputies enter, and in a moment they have guns drawn, and murder Lex's assistant, while Lex takes a dive to the security of his vault. One of the assailants is former Deputy Greg Flynn (Kevin Daniels), a witness to and victim of the Kryptonians who arrived in the spaceship during the meteor shower ("Arrival," the season premiere). He saw his fellow deputies killed by those two, but no one has believed his story. He also claims to have seen Lex and company remove the spacecraft from it's crater, while he lay wounded, so this backfills in some details from earlier episodes. Now he wants answers. Lex is safe for the time being, and of course denies any knowledge of a spacecraft.

Clark and Lana are at the barn, but Clark breaks off to get to class, giving excuses about the tension between them being complicated. She drops some papers - it's a Luthorcorp analysis of the spacecraft, so she has to admit she's been researching it with Lex. She has been keeping it from him because he changes the subject whenever the meteor shower or spacecraft comes up. She saw death and destruction from the ship, and almost died - Clark is missing the boat by treating it lightly. Another quandary for Clark.

Clark discusses with Martha his feelings for Lana. Maybe she is not "the one," Martha says. Lois arrives to talk to Jonathan about campaign strategy and finances, popping Clark with the affectionate nickname, "Skippy." In a clever vehicle update, the film crew left the demolished red Dodge pickup ("Splinter," about four episodes back) as a background prop at the farm, and Jonathan is working on a blue replacement Dodge pickup while multitasking with Lois about the campaign. However, the engine compartment is red, too, so did they just repaint yet another red Dodge? This is a whole subplot in itself.

Out on the dark highway, Lana is pulled over by Deputy Harris, taken prisoner, and hauled back to the mansion. Lex is now over a barrel. When they threaten her, he gives up his sanctuary for her sake. Lex and Lana try to disarm the two and escape back to to the vault, but Lex is seriously wounded in the process. As she tends his wound, we begin to see how Lex really feels about Lana.

Jonathan finally has to press Lois harder for financial information; she tries to stonewall again, but good politicians stay close to the details, especially donations. She has to admit the source - Lionel, and Jonathan is not pleased. "What is the point if the devil owns your soul?" Good question for politicians.

Clark blows in to see Chloe for more advice to the lovelorn, and Lana's turning to everyone's favorite villain-in-waiting, Lex. Chloe wisely decides to avoid getting in the middle of this. Phone call - Lana's GMC Envoy has been found abandoned out on the highway, and Clark is there in a flash. Using his x-ray vision, he discovers a tiny GPS transmitter on her truck, so someone (Deputy Harris) was tracking Lana's movements, waiting for the right place to nab her. Sheriff Nancy is again impressed with Clark's skills, but he's gone, back to Chloe to search for the owner of the GPS.

Sheriff Nancy is alerted to an intrusion by a silent alarm at the Luthor mansion, and Deputy Harris is there, trying to head off any help. But she's a good Sheriff and insists on following procedure, so she heads to the mansion, to her undoing. As she finds the signs of the battle in Lex's office, Harris shoots her in cold blood, and popular character actor Camille Mitchell is thus written out of the Smallville cast. We will miss her.

Chloe finds the owner of the GPS is Flynn, and she and Clark dig into his background, as a former deputy and victim of the meteor shower. So another quick break-in, this time at the psychiatric wing of Smallville Medical Center, and they know all about Flynn. The official story was that all the law enforcement personnel killed then were victims of a meteor strike.

Martha admits to Jonathan that she is the one who accepted financial aid from Lionel - here's the conflict between political honesty and expediency, a real dilemma for Jonathan. But he sold the back 40, and intends to repay all Lionel's donations. The campaign continues.

Lex starts to tell Lana about his dream ("Lexmas") so he's remembering feelings about Lana. He confesses that the spacecraft has disappeared, then he lapses into unconsciousness. She decides she must meet the demands of Flynn and Harris, who is his fiance, and agrees to take them to the spacecraft, demanding emergency aid for Lex. When they arrive to find an empty chamber, Lana get a chance to escape, and she almost succeeds, but they have a briefcase bomb, and it's ticking. They get gone, leaving Lana within seconds of death.

Clark finds Lex at the mansion; he manages to whisper "Warehouse 15" to Clark, who speeds there as the bomb detonates, giving the FX guys a chance to create some impressive fireball penetration by Clark to protect Lana. She misses all this super-action so no further explanation is necessary, but he's saved her again. Boom, one more Vancouver warehouse demolished.

Lex is recovering from his second gunshot wound in as many weeks this season, and Lana sees him as one who saved her life. He intends to pursue the spacecraft mystery, "Partners?" he asks Lana. "Friends," she replies. Bad timing, Clark sees their brief embrace. Clark is always torn, and the pressure builds to tell her the truth. Is that coming? Some continuing story holes are filled in with this episode, but if you remember those, the rest is routine Smallville drama. Re-run rating C.
  • Great Episode

A Chinese saying goes like this: A crying baby would sooner get his mother's milk. The major worth-seeing plot in Lockdown is not the boring usual fight between Clark and Lana, not Sheriff Nancy Adams being shot by her "girl", not even the two traitors wanting to see the spaceship. What really catches the eye is Lana's obscure emotional shift to Lex, who's seriously injured by the effort of trying to save his lover with his "Flesh and Blood" body. Lana is obviously touched by his courage and perhaps some truthfulness apparently absent in Clark Kent that she is craving for.
  • Great continuity with "arrival" and presents a part that will show up in other episode farther down the road. Wow, where to begin. Great episode, I like the contiuity they have with "Arrival".

Wow, where to begin. Great episode, I like the contiuity they have with "Arrival". Lex: This guy NEEDS better security forces. I dont care if he does think he's untouchable. His goons are all morons. Not to mention that the guy should wer a Bullet Proof vest every second of his life. I for one am getting tired of all the shootings. Come up with something new. I like his slip towards being vulnerable towards Lana. I also enjoyed seeing that he truly is evil and only thinks about himself. The way the cop said that lex arrived and took the ship without hecking if anyone was alive.

Bad Cop: I really felt sorry for him. A villain that actually, sort of made me root for him. He wasnt your typical paper-cut villain. He had all his friends blown to bits by the Disciples of Zod, had his flesh burned off, and forced into a Phychiatric Ward for telling the truth.The way he described the attacks was all too creepy.

Chloe: Im telling you, I really love this character. Much more than the first 3 seasons where I truly couldnt stand her. She and Clark make on hell of a team. I also love how she wishes she had Clarks abbilities. Theres soi much awe in what Clark an do in her.

Lana: hmm. I dont know. I think its more of the writing thn the actor, but she's coming off as a little too...slutty for a lack of a better word. I understand that she is glad that Lex sacrificed his own well being for her, but how many times has Clark saved her sorry ass? Talk about gratitude. Sure theres half the time she didnt know about it, but what about the other times? I did like the way she put herself at risk for Lexs' safety. It shows courage from the character. Clark: He really needs to stop complaining about his abilities and start telling the truth. The reason Lana is being pushed away is NOT about his powers, its about the truth. I do like how the creators are playing with the special effects regarding his powers. Last episode was the ballon effect and this one was the bomb. Very nice touches. Jonathan Kent: A little harsh on Lois, no? Especially after all that girl has done for him. He is a little proud, but then, it wouldnt be Jonathan if he wasnt. I did like that he learned from past mistakes and DIDNT decide to take the money. It would have been a break in charater had he done so. After all the hell Lionel put him through regarding Clarks adoption papers. Lionel: I just dont get him!!! It bothers me not knowing what he is. But at the same time, I love the mystery surrounding his character. Martha Kent: Martha Martha Martha. How the mighty have fallen. Acceptingmoney from Lionel? What about her father? the guy is loaded. He would have been a much better person to ask for money. Talk about plot hole. Not to mention how she let Lois take the blame. Bad Martha. totally against her character. But she redeemed herself a bit in the end. I did like how she's pushing Clark to reveal his secret to Lana. Especially how she mentioned Pete and Chloe.

Lois: Taking the blame closed lipped. Very nice. Just shows you how loyal she is to the Kents. Which makes me feel even happier knowing how they will be related int he future. Sherrif: Just when I was really startingto like her character. At first she was suspiciouse of Clark but she came around and even was coaxing him to join the force. I would have loved to see more development on this. Her death scene was true to her character. Im suprised that the creators killed her off without mentioning anything. She a pretty major player. Oh well.

All in all a good episode. I was a little worried about it. Being the episode before the 100th. But it stand on its own. NOTES:

- The death before "The Death". The sheriff will be missed. She was starting to grow on me. Especially in this episode. Then BAM!!! dead. so sad.

- As for the ship, its theorized that the ship IS Brainiac or an extension of. Braniac, in all other continuity, has stated that "All my essence resides in even a fraction of my body". Batman compares him to a Virus. In the Comics, he's a super computer/Alien from the planet Colu. In the Golden Age he used to travel the stars and capture small cities from Planets. For his collection. The Animated series creators decided to use that but twist his origin a little. They made him Kryptons Core Computer and Information database. He downloaded all information and escaped Kryptons destruction. Smallville creators decided to use this origin and make him a Kryptonian supercomputer. Created by Kryptonians, serving only Zod. Why he serves Zod is unknown. Braniac is only logic. Serving Zod will somehow aid his own plans. The same reason why he asks Lex for help. In axhnge for the ship, opened and delivered. So the ship is still very much in tact. When Braniac was impaled, I imagine he was damaged and he teleported himself (all of "himself") away to recuperate and come up with another plan
  • It's about trust

7.4
    Turst is a major theme in this episode with there being so many lies, deflections and half truths going around its a wonder they even bother to trust each other. Why not just ditch the trust and give in to ignorance when it comes to each others underhand dealings. They would get on so much better. That aside it was full of plot holes again seeming to hope that the viewers don't look to close at the gaping gaps and just enjoy the programme. Lana and Clark have the same arguement with Clark in turmoil, if he doesn't want to tell her the truth or keeps putting it off then is it real love between him and Lana. If Clark examined the relationship then he would see that Lana applies different standards to truth telling between herself and Clark. What right does she have to preach truth telling when she keeps secrets of her own? Lex meanwhile got shot again and Chole was on hand with good advice. Given Lex's level of security and paranioa why doesn't his panic room have a secret exit? Lana ran to Lex when she was having problems with Clark which is somewhat insensitive given Clark and Lex's bad blood. Lex in all honesty doesn't seem to care.

Jonathan, Martha and Lois participated on an under developed sub-plot involving Lionels money. Martha had to know Jonathan would find out the truth eventually whilst Lois proved noble in saying she accepted Lionels money. Trust came up again. Otherwise not a very noteworthy episode.
  • another great episode

there's a bit of a panic room in this, but we're treated with the usual smallville adventure caper. it's really good. we learn lana so keen in figuring out what really took place during the first meteor shower. the cast of characters play out like a soap opera, but it's not a bad soap opera, there's loads of action in this. the writers made sure that this episode was very watchable, i had a great time watching it, it wasn't boring, it was fast paced. the scenes were moving, they were cinematic. the actors really played some good drama, this is one good episode.
  • What happened to the cool tough Lana of last season? And could Lex's security get more ridiculous?

I enjoyed this episode but you really have to suspend your reality meter.

Lex is a billionaire - how is it possible his security is that bad? Particularly given he's running for senate and by what we've seen in previous weeks, he was literally surrounded by security - it is completely unbelievable that one man could somehow take out an entire security force.

I liked the panic room idea, that was cool but it also turned into something ridiculous - a panic room isn't just for nuclear attack, it's intended for home invasion too and a sheriff's deputy shouldn't even be able to find the hard line, let alone disable it so easily. That defeats the entire purpose of the room in the first place!

Lex gets shot in the chest again and he's up and walking around the same day?! Not to mention, when Lana hugged him, she was pressing against his bullet wound! He didn't even wince!

For a moment I thought Lana was going to show her strength like last season in the warehouse and she fought that girl then what a surprise, she's knocked out and has to be rescued by Clark yet again. The writers did so well with her character last season, what happened?

Killing Sheriff Adams was completely unnecessary, the idea that she would go alone to the Luthor estate and when there was suspiciously *no* security, didn't call for backup? Ridiculous! Pity, I liked her. Plus - how did she get in? The main gate would logically have been locked and with the security team MIA, there would be no-one to open it. That's actually a problem I've always had with the mansion - people have a tendancy to just stroll in without the gate security even announcing them. How many times has Clark just walked in, surprising Lex? If I was Lex, I'd have fired my entire security team years ago!

On the upside, I did like Lana's scenes with Lex, I like them together and it was nice that he told her some of his 'dream'. Despite the fact that Lex has gone pretty dark, he's still better for her than Clark! Clark's character has gotten pretty embarrassing this season, so weak and indecisive, and not just with Lana. Either tell her or don't but he can't expect a relationship if he's lying to her about everything about him! When did Clark become so wishy-washy?!

Let's not forget Jonathan - what did he think the campaign was running on, air? He turned a blind eye until he was no longer able to then goes all holier-than-thou. He cannot be that naive! He's going into politics, not organising a barn dance!

Metropolis has opened a huge can of worms - the main one being the distance between Metropolis and Smallville. The characters travel between the two like it's a ten minute drive when it's about three hours. Like Chloe and Clark going to the Daily Planet just to hack a computer? Funny, petrol prices being what they are, I'd object! It's gotten to the point where it's completely illogical - all Lana has to do is talk to Lex, find out Clark spoke to him at the mansion then was 'somehow' able to save her within minutes of that conversation. Do the writers think we're idiots?

It's like the writers have just lost interest, last season we had exciting fresh storylines, great character work, a lot of fun right round - this season has been pretty disappointing. Get new writers if you've run out of storylines!

This used to be one of my favourite shows, but it's hard to like it when all we're seeing is lame story devices, rehashed storylines and stereotypical characters.

But what keeps me watching is Lex - Michael Rosenbaum never falters, he's always consistent, his acting always excellent and I enjoy the Lana/Lex storyline. I love Tom Welling but sometimes his acting's not good enough. Let's hope the writers wake up and smell the poor reviews!
  • Lex and Lana get locked themselves in a nuclear shelter, while Clark and the sheriff try to find them.

This episode is really well written and everything, Clark searches desperately for Lana as she does not seems to be anywhere around, so he goes on a search results which ends up with sheriff Adams telling him that she should need some guys like Clark for policemen, while Lex and Lana get trapped in a nuclear shelter when two deputies from the sheriff seek revenge in order to get close to the spaceship that Lex stole and hide himself in the Luthor Corp. basement, and later as Lex is shot he is slowly beginning to die, which causes Lana to get anguish and so pretends that she knows where the spaceship is and goes out with the two deputies to the basement just to discover that the ship has dissapeared (from the episode Solitude) and so they decide to lock her there, and Clark manages to get there just in time to save her.
    This episode is fantasitic and tells us very much about Lana and Clark's relationship, and future Lana's relationship with Lex, and also we manage to discover that finally they find out that the spaceship is over. Well written episode, and very good one.
  • Lockdown

7.6
    I think this episode was very well written. The whole dirty cops, well maybe not dirty, but still, going after Lex and Lex locking himself in a safe room. The whoe thing about finding the ship and makin theses cops kill just to get to the truth was just great for me. Clark Saving Lana from the bad guys once again. Lex near death after being shot was just great too. I'm giving this episode a 8.0
  • Smallville goes Panic Room.

Steven S. DeKnight delivers another winner in this engrossing episode involving two unfortunate victims of the Kryptonian arrival. When two witnesses to the spaceship's entry into Earth decide to confront Lex about his knowledge of the ship's location (or, unbeknownst to them, his lack thereof), things turn quite dicey for all of them. Lex escapes to his panic room (Given recent harrowing events in his life, it's probably a good thing he built one). But when they kidnap Lana as a catalyst for moving things along, the stalemate is broken -- and Lex is shot and now back in the panic room with Lana.

This is one of my favorite episodes of the season (full of good episodes by this point) because it clearly draws the lines of where these characters are and gives good foreshadowing of where these characters are going. Lana and Clark are obviously not getting along -- fate seems to dictate this will happen as long as Clark is Kryptonian and not human. Lex continues to be drawn to Lana, and she returns the favor given Lex's obsession with the truth.

Meanwhile, Lois, Jonathan, and Martha also stick to their guns in this episode. Lois will clearly go to great lengths to help the Kents, even if it makes her a scapegoat rather than a hero. Martha will also do anything for her man, even if the means are noose-tightening. And Jonathan will not relinquish his "good man" nature to further himself.

The dichotomy from these groups of three really shows in this episode. While Lois, Martha, and Jonathan seem to have figured out their beliefs and personalities (Lois now needs to work on her career -- but we'll get to that), Clark, Lana, and Lex are nowhere. How interesting.

The Clark/Chloe banter continues to thrive in this episode. The "super shake" was a clever physical punch line (And note the reversal of role playing here. Remember Chloe in Mortal? "Just turn off the power." Now it's Clark playing the KISS routine (Keep It Simple, Stupid)). And also a great Clark entrance to a Chloe scene (reminiscent of that in Thirst). Good stuff here.

And as for a "save the day" moment: What a great one, huh? Tremendous visual of Clark going through the explosion.

This episode's a keeper. Another fine installment from a series clearly flying high.
  • Great continuity with \"arrival\" and presents a part that will show up in other episode farther down the road.

Wow, where to begin. Great episode, I like the contiuity they have with \"Arrival\".

Lex: This guy NEEDS better security forces. I dont care if he does think he\'s untouchable. His goons are all morons. Not to mention that the guy should wer a Bullet Proof vest every second of his life. I for one am getting tired of all the shootings. Come up with something new. I like his slip towards being vulnerable towards Lana. I also enjoyed seeing that he truly is evil and only thinks about himself. The way the cop said that lex arrived and took the ship without hecking if anyone was alive.

Lana: hmm. I dont know. I think its more of the writing thn the actor, but she\'s coming off as a little too...slutty for a lack of a better word. I understand that she is glad that Lex sacrificed his own well being for her, but how many times has Clark saved her sorry ass? Talk about gratitude. Sure theres half the time she didnt know about it, but what about the other times? I did like the way she put herself at risk for Lexs\' safety. It shows courage from the character.

Martha Kent: Martha Martha Martha. How the mighty have fallen. Acceptingmoney from Lionel? What about her father? the guy is loaded. He would have been a much better person to ask for money. Talk about plot hole. Not to mention how she let Lois take the blame. Bad Martha. totally against her character. But she redeemed herself a bit in the end. I did like how she\'s pushing Clark to reveal his secret to Lana. Especially how she mentioned Pete and Chloe.

NOTES:

- The death before \"The Death\". The sheriff will be missed. She was starting to grow on me. Especially in this episode. Then BAM!!! dead.
    so sad.

- As for the ship, its theorized that the ship IS Brainiac or an extension of. Braniac, in all other continuity, has stated that \"All my essence resides in even a fraction of my body\". Batman compares him to a Virus. In the Comics, he\'s a super computer/Alien from the planet Colu. In the Golden Age he used to travel the stars and capture small cities from Planets. For his collection. The Animated series creators decided to use that but twist his origin a little. They made him Kryptons Core Computer and Information database. He downloaded all information and escaped Kryptons destruction. Smallville creators decided to use this origin and make him a Kryptonian supercomputer. Created by Kryptonians, serving only Zod. Why he serves Zod is unknown. Braniac is only logic. Serving Zod will somehow aid his own plans. The same reason why he asks Lex for help. In axhnge for the ship, opened and delivered. So the ship is still very much in tact. When Braniac was impaled, I imagine he was damaged and he teleported himself (all of \"himself\") away to recuperate and come up with another plan.
  • good episode but it can be netter

i did not like much this episode, when the directors and writers shift the attention from clark to lex the end is not good...i belive that the catarther or lex is not rich enough to have an episode all to him. looking forwar for the next episode (#100) where we are promes to have some new developments
  • lana knows clark is lying so she turns to lex clark finds out and is ready.

this episode is a intresting episode you can just see how lana and lex will end up together clark though is so in love with lana at the end he is ready to reveal his secret to lana its very instresting.i do agree that lex gets shot to much but hey eveyones out to kill him. love the ending.
  • LEX has got to stop getting shot! one of these days he is gonna die...........

Smallville keeps on getting better and better. lex finely tells lana how he feels. i notice that during the last 3 seasons lex has got closer and closer to lana lang.I think lana will break up with clake and go for lex after woulds.clake will end up with clole or loise lane but i know clealy im not the only one who thinks that.To be honest as soon as loise lane came in the show i new that her and clake will end up. and the other reason is that mavael comets have told anyone who copies superman that it has to end up in the same way.
  • Lex and Lana in the future?

It's cool to see that other people besides the main characters are affected by the space ship landing this season. Not the best episode, but you are able to see Lex's feeling for Lana coming out more. Clark and Chloe do a great job working together to help out. LOL when Lex and Lana talk about Clark's hair, it's good to have some humor throughout the crises and danger. Poor Clark, doesn't get the credit of saving Lana's life time after time again.
  • Finally Lex gets the hug he deserves.

Semantics aside, I'll be honest. I loved this episode because it revealled Lana to actually have her own opinions and action sequence for once. I'm sick of the puppy eye bullsh*t that is the Clark/Lana storyline. That whole "thing" ended way back in S4 when TPTB decided to make Lana the constant and annoying trophy girlfriend - occassionally possessed 17th century witch.

It's about time Lana kick some butt and not HAVE to be someone else, or infected by kryptonite.

Tonight we saw a different side of her. She stuck her pretty neck out for Lex which was nice. Talk about teamwork, Lex and Lana handled those cops pretty well, and not to mention Lana's own jabs later on in the episode.

Overall, I love the lex/lana storyline. There's potential, and it's not this ideal circumstance. In a lot of ways, the development of Lex/Lana relationship is more realistic and better than any starry eye Clark/Lana scene.

We all know Clark belongs with Lois, even if it's not written in the series, there's a great dynamic between them.

In the end of the episode that hug was great. And Clark was beinging a big baby. Yes, it was a hug, and wah-wah, she's with Lex. It's not as if Lex was making out with her. I just hate how Clark is sooo insecure. His jealousy just proves Lex stands a chance with Lana. If Clark was so confident in their "love" then why would he think she'd automatically shack up with Lex?

And I'm sick of people constantly hating Lex. It's beyond contempt and unfair considering we know he isn't even close to being the villian he is suppose to be at all. But maybe that's the point. Soo many people have hated or quickly judge Lex that his relationship with Lana has gain more value to him.

And people think Lex/Lana are twisted? Let's not forget Clark's first "wife" Alicia. Yeah, that makes bloody sense! Oh let me fall in "love", date, and marry the girl who not only committed several murders but attempted to murder my supposed "love" of my life(Lana). Yeah, that relationship is a real headshrinker.

• Am i the only one who saw it??????? I'm talking about yhe hole Lex-Lana moment!!! By the way he didn't took a bullet for her..the girl was already in safety when he got shot!!! He didn't save her life.

That was the most disturbing moment of all time. Some people may think that Clark and Lana should just move on on their love story and sometimes I think so. But that dont mean i'm gonna let LEX hook up with LANA. And if that happens i'm soooooo GONE. That's for real.

The girl was so sweatin' over Lex and she kept on repeating that he saved her (She thinks the guy took a bullet 4 her). That was so painful for me to watch.

And let's talk about the hug at the end...WHAT WAS THAT??? LANA telling Lex that they should try to be friends!!!!!!!!!!! At that right moment my heart stops and a was feeling so sorry for Clark. He saw his girlfriend hug Lex. I was pist off during the entire episode.
  • Some good and some disturbing character development. First of all...

First of all, I am not in any way a fan of the whole 'Lexana' It's barely legal and just weird. Lots of character development in here though, Lana and Clark's relationship deteriorate further because he is forced to conceal the truth about himself. I don't get why thinks that he cant have sex with her though. Is he afraid he'll crush her, or incinerate her? I mean 'Kal' almost did it with Alicia and there was no frying or crushing involved. Anyway I am kinda tired of seeing clark freak out over that, especially since it's killing his momentum with Lana and I am die hard Clana fan. But back to the episode, considering some of the more recent episodes of smallville, fanatic included, I think this has definitly been a step up. Fanatic had that whole psyco girl thing in it, she freaked me out and kinda ruined the whole episode for me. This episode kinda kept you guessing. I wasn't a fan of the ending with Clark being 'faster than fire' that was kinda stupid and predictable.
  • Someones gonna die???? wtf?

Alright, maybe I'm not that up-to-date on the news of Smallville, but from reading some of the other reviews its clear someones gonna die in relation to what Jor-El said.

On the whole the episode was good. Highlights (for me) being:

(1)The sheriff getting killed - sets up for a new sheriff for the 100th eps

(2)Lana and Lex getting closer (?) - leading to closer relationship between them... (?)

As to who it could be that bites the dust.... most people are going for either Chloe or Lana. Seeing this from a (mostly) comic fan point of view I'll have to say Chloe as being the favorite to go BUT seeing as how Smallville now is in its own 'universe' it could be Lana... or ....Lois?

Well there's an idea. Lois is gonna die. How would this affect Clark and co?

Or how about Jonathan? There can't actually be a Kent as a Mayor. Maybe he wins the election and then gets killed. And Clark will think that Lex had something to do with it and create a more strenuous relationship between Lex and Clark. And at the same time Lana could get closer to Lex to try and find the "Truth" nad distance herself from Clark, who will hate Lex even more.

Okay, now i'm just rambling. I didn't see the preview for the next episode so I don't know much about whats gonna happen. I have'nt read any previews 'cause I like to be surprised and shocked when I do see the episode.

But seeing as someone's gonna die I think I'll just go for Lois, 'cause having Chloe killed will be like removing characters/actors from the show who know Clark's secret, which is just lame. Clark should have someone else other than his parents who knows his secret. Someone he could (possibly) share EVERYTHING to.

And there could be that whole Lana/Lex thing going to happen (which I don't like by the way).

• Clark and Chloe have a great friendship. I love how open they are about his abilities. It makes for good story telling and great tv. Lana should never be with Lex. But also, enough with Lana and Clark, bring someone new in for him and let him move on.

This episode wanted to be really good, but wasn't. I loved the interaction between Chloe and Clark. I love watching them together ever since she found out about his abilities. It\'s just great tv watching. I\'m so glad he has someone to lean on about this whole thing. And then there was the Lex part. Well, I wasn\'t too found of watching Lex in a panic room, talking to these people. I enjoyed the time when he was with Lana, but that was it. I\'m not quite sure why she decided to be friends with him. She knows Clark doesn\'t like him, and you would think that she knows she can\'t trust him. Well, I can\'t wait until the 100th.
  • Lex confesses his feelings to Lana after being shot again, and Clark appears to be jealous of this when he sees Lana and Lex hugging near episode's end.

Lockdown was a really good episode. I enjoyed the further character development between Lana and Lex. Lex finally tells her his feelings for her while he lies bleeding in his panic room with her after he was shot saving her life.

This episode also answered some dangling questions from the season's first episode which involved the police and the battle they had with the Kryptonians that came out of the ship. An officer, who survived that fire-fight though his hand was burned, comes to the mansion to find out where the ship is that he saw Lex take. It appears that everybody thinks he crazy, and now he wants to find the ship to proved to everybody that he is not insane. He gets help from his fiance who is also an officer and goes after Lana once Lex refuses to tell them anything. They figure they will use her as leverage to get the answers from Lex.

This of course sets up the Lex and Lana relationship. During a shootout, both Lana and Lex manage to make it back into the panic room, but not before Lex is shot saving Lana's life. This is where he finally fesses up and tells her his feelings for her, and the bond between them seems to become stronger. The part where Lex says Clark has nice hair was a clever touch.

While this is going on Clark, with Chloe's help, discovers what happened with the officer and the spaceship. So it becomes a race against time as they try to discover where this officer and Lana are at because they know Lana's in danger because the officer is unstable

During all of this there are other plots going on involving the senatorial race with Jonathan and how he finds out that the money they have been using for the campaign has come from Lionel. Lois takes the blame for this at first to protect Martha, but Martha later tells Jonathan that it was she who took the money and explains to him why. At first he doesn't accept this but later he does and sells 40 acres of his unused farmland to help pay Lionel back so he doesn't owe the Luthor's anything.

Also on hand is Sheriff Adams who on the crime scene where Lana was kidnapped puts two and two together and goes to the Luthor Mansion where she discovers that she was right. This does not help her out though for she is shot, and so once again another minor character is killed off. This was a little bit of a surprise, but the producers had hinted that possibly two characters would die instead of just one, so I wasn't too surprised. Of course the 100th episode is going to be the real shocker with a major character dying.

Overall this episode was loaded with different plot threads. We have the election, along with Clark and Chloe's efforts to save Lana, and Sheriff Adams dying all at once. Can you say overload. Still it all worked and this episode set a frantic pace as it tried to answer so many questions at once in one episode. I really liked it.

By the way at the end of the episode did Lana glimpse Clark speeding away while she was hugging Lex? It sure looked like it. Hmmm. Interesting.
  • Wow this was actually a good episode!

I was pleasantly surprised that this was actually a good episode. I liked the fact that most of the cast was actually in this episode. I also liked how they chose to write an episode that followed up on how the landing of the spaceship during the second meteor shower affected other people in Smallville. It was nice to see Lex's "good side" even though that will not last long. I was glad that he finally revealed how he felt about Lana. This episode was also a good lead into the next episode because it showed the reason why Clark is going to tell Lana his secret in the next episode. The scenes with Lana and Lex in the panic room were great. I was sad to see the sheriff get killed even though she was just a minor character on the show I liked her character. All in all this was a good episode and I cannot wait until next week's episode.
  • Clark or Lex?

Personally, I always thought Lex and Lana belonged together, and this episode finally proved it. I hope they stay together for a period of time. It's my bet that it will be Lana who dies in the next episode. It will be what finally sets the wedge between Clark and Lex. Also a Lana and Clark marraige is unacceptable. This will give plenty of drama to a show that is slowly dying.
  • Treading water until the 100th episode...

As the writers prepare for a number of plot twists in the milestone 100th episode, the story turns out to be a step above filler. Sure, there’s the death of a minor supporting character, which is a bit surprising, but there’s relatively little movement in the overall plot threads and just about none in the character department.

Was anyone surprised by Jonathan’s reaction to learning about Lionel’s donation? What else was that character going to do? It would have been more interesting in the long run (especially if Jonathan is the character about to die) if his implied consent remained intact and his election integrity under at least short-term question. If Clark is destined to emerge with his own set of ethics, why not have him struggle with the legacy of Jonathan’s example?

Anyway, tying the “lockdown” situation, designed specifically to throw a Lex-sized wrench in the Clark/Lana relationship, to the season premiere was a nice touch. In fact, there were quite a few nice continuity references throughout the episode, even if the characters were just doing what the plot required. Lex’s interest in Lana I can understand, looking back on the second season and onward; Lana’s friendship with Lex is a bit more forced.

Clearly the writers are implying that Clark will have to tell Lana the truth if he wants to have any chance at a future with her, and that presents an interesting dilemma. How can she know the truth and survive into the future of the mythos? Perhaps this is going in the right direction after all. Some elements of the mythology should remain intact, but why not firmly establish this as an “alternate” version of the story? All the media presentations can’t hang together, so why not vary from the conventional wisdom in a more pronounced fashion.

Of course, the writers have to continue with the hints that Clark will end up with Lois, which was cute at first, but now has become incredibly tiresome. I don’t mind her as a character in most episodes, but this is a perfect example of something that doesn’t need to adhere to the strict bounds of the mythos. Let Clark end up with Chloe, since the two have far better chemistry, and just accept that this is a story about archetypes, not comic book continuity!

OK, I know that none of that will ever happen, but as much as I like this series and its particular brand of storytelling, some of the constraints get on my nerves. The fact that the ratings are stronger than ever will just give the producers more reason to stick with a “winning” formula, no matter how the story and characters suffer as a result.
  • This episode was one of the most interesting Smallville Season Five, especialy the relationship between Lex and Lana.

I realy like this episode very much, what i liked above all is the changing that happen to the relationship between Lex and Lana.

I think that even if this epiosde is talking about the spaceship and all what revolves around Clark, it has also stressed on that special relationship beween Lex ans Lana. Now it has been clear that everything has changed, and those who are Lexana shiper will be totally agree with me.

I think that Chole has said good things to Clark, as he is keeping away from Lana those secret about his powers and where he came from (to save his normal relationship, and avoid thriting her), and instead of keeping them closer, it's get everything worse.

This is what Lex has understood and has avoid to do, as he has tried to tell her the truth, nothing but the truth, and he has started by telling her the truth about his feelingd for her (not exactly I Love you but something that has barely the same meaning), as you can notice this has worked and even if Lana didn't tell him that she feels the same thing, now they are friends, and not anymore parteners.

Even if maybe nothing won't happen between both of those two characters, i think that will help Clark on taking a final decision, telling the truth and all the truth to her Lover.

And this is what will happen during the 100th episode of smallville that will air the next thursday night on The Wb.
  • A Change is in the wind...

In and of itself, the story in this episode is not really connected to the rest of the season:

An ex-cop who has gone insane because of almost getting killed by the Soldiers of Zod during the meteor shower is on a crusade to reveal the ship to everyone, and incidentally prove that he is not insane. With the help of his exually crazy cop fiance, they almost kill both Lex and Lana, failing miserably in their goals and getting arrested.

That may be the "story" of the episode, but that is not what it was about. The sub plots were more important, and showed a shift in the relationships of two groups of characters.

First we have the newly formed Clark/Lex/Lana love triangle, with Lana being torn in her love for Clark, and her blossoming friendship with Lex. Lex of course almost dies (again) in this episode, and at the moment he is about to die lets Lana know his feelings for her. Clark on the other hand sees Lana moving away from him, ending the episode with Chloe telling him that he will loose Lana unless he tells her the truth.

Next we have Lois covering for Martha with Jonathan about the money they got for Lionel. Jonathan gets to the point where he is extremely angry with Lois, and Martha comes clean at this point. We end with Jonathan selling the "back 40" (does EVERY farmer have an unused back 40 acres that they can up and sell in a pinch?) and reconciling with his wife and manager saying he is going to pay back Lionel. I only fear that Lionel will still require something from Jonathan, if not for the money, then for the information he took in "Splinter".

Overall a good episode with lots of foreshadowing for the future.
  • Nice, they terminated some dangling threads (the warehouse, the crash site, that buggy sheriff) and set us up for some fun to come. A filler episode, sure, but good filling.

The sheriff is gone, time for a new one (didn't 70% of her staff die on metor day?)
    Lana is the sole survivor of the Zod craft landing.
    Clark crosses the line and decides to, but doesn't quite tell Lana his secret.
    Lex shows us his panic room, and that he likes to have cameras all over the place.
  • While the Kents argue over campaign issues, Lex and Lana are held hostage by a derranged sheriff who wants to know the location of the recently disppeared Kryptonion spaceship.

I think that this is one of the best episodes of the season. It closes the gap between the season premiere and the 100th episode. I also think i know how it will play out: Clark will tell his secret to Lana, which will upset both her, drawing Clark and Lois closer together and Lex with Lana throughout the season; Johnathon will lose the election to Lex, and will get the crap beat out of him by Lionel (seen in the trailer for the 100th episode), eventually dying in the car accident. It's sad, I know, but that's my thoughts about it.
  • This episode was just great in the way they dealt with the election, extra money comming in by some means, and the emotional problems between Clark and Lana.

I couldn't find anything wrong with this episode is was just that great. The way in every episode Lana and Clark are falling apart emotionally and how Lex is going after Lana(cute couple). Just so much happened in this episode: lex and Lana were captured by those 2 cops leading to lex getting shot along with the sheriff. Then they dealt with the kent's money problems by selling some land in the back after learning that Martha was excepting money from Lionel. What a great episode and with that i hope that next weeks 100th episode is great as well.
< 1 2