Smallville

Memoria

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 2004 on The CW

• Powerful.

I doubted halfway through the episode if it was a good one or just an average episode, but at the end I was blown away by how powerful it was. The premise of the episode in itself is interesting because we don't get just another meteor-freak-of-the-week storyline, but actually get to develop a season-long story that has been going on.

The most interesting part, of course, was learning exactly why Lionel already treated Lex so badly. I was at a loss for words when I found out that Lex had accidentally killed his brother, but then shocker! - it was actually Lex's mother, and that's why Lex repressed that memory. I was happy that Lex didn't realize who Clark was, nor that Lionel found out anything new.

The episode didn't include half of the main stars, yet their absence didn't have a negative effect - quite to the contrary, it was very great just by concentrating on a few. Also, a big plus on Clark learning his mother's name.