Smallville

Plastique

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2008 on The CW

• Superman is one of my favorite comic book characters. So many people diss him because he's too perfect or he's invulnerable, and that makes him boring. Wrong, look deeper and you'll see a completely selfless person.

Superman is one of my favorite comic book characters. So many people diss him because he's too perfect or he's invulnerable, and that makes him boring. Wrong, look deeper and you'll see a completely selfless person. No matter how small or insignificant the person or situation, Superman not only will save the day but uplift and encourage someone to be a better person.

I mentioned that because I feel that Tom Welling channeled that aspect of Superman in tonight episode so well. It was amazing, the scene with him and Bette was superb and as I watched I thought to myself: This is who Superman is. Even though Bette had just tried to hurt Chloe, Clark still offered her a helping hand. We also see more of that selflessness later when he tells Chloe that all that matters to him is that she is happy.

I was very worried about season eight and what direction they were going to go. After two great episodes, I gotta say: I am getting pretty excited to see where this season will go.

I kinda like how Clark met Tess. It was definitely a parallel to how Clark met Lex back in the Pilot. It was interesting, I'll give it that. After being added to the main credits last week we get our first glimpse of the new character Davis Bloome. I liked him and they are already foreshadowing his role as Doomsday. I'm interested in how they will approach that story