Smallville

Plastique

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2008 on The CW

• Not that bad.

This episode was actually pretty good and there weren't as many plot holes as there normally would be. I was a little disappointed by the season opener as it seemed a little bland compared to previous ones, but this episode makes me think there is at least some hope for the shows future. The opening scenes had me pretty gripped and i really liked the scenes between clark and lois just before the bomb went off. Lois making clark change in a phone booth was also a nice touch. A new character was introduced and even though i have reservations about the fact that Davis is supposed to be Doomsday, i still think he makes a pretty likable and interesting character (for now) and his interactions with chloe and clark made for some really enjoyable scenes. Lois and Clark had exchanged some good dialogue too and their banter really reminded me of the "Lois and Clark" television series, which despite looking a bit cheesy by todays standards had some really good characterization of the two. I liked Lois's reaction to clark disappearing for what must be the 198th time as well. There were some scenes where the dialogue and acting made me cringe a little, but they were mainly scenes with bette and i guess shes a fairly young actress so she can't be expected to give an oscar worthy performance just yet. The final interaction between her and clark was a little cheesy, but i guess thats what supermans all about (inspiring people to be better, but being incredibly corny about it sometimes). I also like the idea that Tess is building a team of her own. The impression i got was that she was trying to build her own suicide squad, which would rock! Especially if she built the suicide squad and then had them throw down with clark and olivers justice league. If this is the kind of stuff we have to look forward to then i am definitely in.