Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 11, 2003 on The CW

• The Prodigal Son Returns...

Prodigal-Lex recovers his long-lost brother Lucas and uses him in a ploy to buy out his father's share of the company. But it soon becomes clear that Lucas isn't to be trusted, and Lex soon finds himself ousted from his own company.

In "Lineage", we learned that Lex had a little brother yet Lionel said he died at 12. Being the Magnificent Bastard he is, Lionel lied and Lex's brother in fact is alive. "Prodigal" sees Lucas Luthor reuniting with his family and quickly following in Daddy Luther's footsteps. Paul Wesley gives a youthful and fine performance as the newest son Luthor. I loved the way Lionel used Lucas as a weapon against Lex. The dynamic between those 2 has always been amazing and the addition for Lucas really brings more tension to that dynamic. I also liked how Clark was jealous and the basketball confrontation was pretty hilarious.

The episodes end with a tense confrontation between the Luthors and the twist that Lucas was with Lex all along was well executed. The downside is that Lucas is never brought up again after this episode, almost like he never existed which is sad since the writers could have done a lot more with the character. All and All, a great episode that brings a great dynamic to the Luthors.