Smallville

Savior

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2009 on The CW

• Clark decides that he is ready to start his training at the Fortress, but Jor-El insists that he return to Metropolis to cut his ties with Lois before he begins. Lois reappears in the city with no recollection of vanishing

3.5
    I really wanted to like this episode. Alas, though, it seems that Smallville has completely lost its heart. It seams that the writers just skip around, deciding to focus on whatever incomplete theme has already been introduced (and likely poorly explored) & bleeding out a 45+ minute episode. And can we possibly make the whole return of Zod theme more boring? Does anyone really care that he's back? And I think the best thing for the producers to do at this point is put this Baby to bed. This show has become a sad shadow of its former self. Trust me, I'm just keeping it real. What we have now folks is simply a bunch of pretty people collecting a nice paycheck.

The above is a quote from another reviewer and I couldn't agree more. This show just has long ago lost it's ability to make exciting the concept of seeing Superman prior to him becoming the legendary hero. I'm sorry but as a young kid I loved the Superman movies and comics; I don't know what this is.