Smallville

Savior

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2009 on The CW

• Season 9 Premiere

4.8
    Wow, this would have to be one of the worst premieres of Smallville, if not just the worst. I have never seen an episode so all over the place like I did here. None of the plots tied in in any way, and most were just plain uninteresting. Lois is really out of character here, where's the snarky remarks we always hear from this character?

I have no idea if "John" is going to contribute to the story line in any way, but if he isn't, this would just be a big waste of time. I wouldn't say Smallville isn't good anymore, it just has lost it's way. And it remains a shadow of what it once was. The writing was pretty weak here too. The conversations between Chloe and one of Oliver's representatives were intolerable. Don't even get me started about the conversation between Lois and Oliver. What was the point of that scene, really? If someone asked me what this episode was about, I couldn't tell you much really. It couldn't find it's main focus.

I'll give this episode points for Lois's intriguing dream at the very end, but other than that, this premiere was pretty muddy. Not the best episode of Smallville.