Smallville

Stiletto

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2009 on The CW

• After Chloe is mugged, Lois steps in to fend off one of the attackers and uses the opportunity to pretend a new superhero, Stiletto, has come to town and is giving exclusives to Lois. (Review taken from cwtv.com)

Let's be honest. When most of the Smallville faithful saw that Lois Lane would be taking to the streets as Stiletto, Metropolis' newest "superhero", we all suffered a universal cringe.

We all knew this would be another one week, plot-irrelevant stunt and predictably, this gimmicky episode failed in every attempt at humor and overall enjoyability (and was it just me, or did the show make it a point to have every on-screen character mention the name "Stiletto" at least 10 times?)

Long story short: Lois stops convenient attack on Chloe. An overconfident Lois becomes a "superhero". Clark goes after Chloe's attackers. Clark is weakened by conveniently placed kryptonite. Show tries to redeem itself by having Lois make an improbable rescue of Clark. Chloe is seen dumping the dissembled body of her attacker in the garbage (making the final two minutes the only interesting points in the show). Show attempts romantic ending. The End.

In that short synopsis, I think I managed to give the show more credit than it deserved.

If you're jonesing for well written, well acted, plot relevant entertainment, look elsewhere.