Smallville

Thirst

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 2005 on The CW

• "Sucks" (Pun Intended!)

2.5
    Thrist-Lana joins a sorority to get housing for her last-minute college registration, but the sisters have a deadly agenda which involves turning Lana into a vampire like themselves and sending her against Clark. Meanwhile, Chloe applies to become an intern at the Daily Planet and runs up against the editor-in-chief, Pauline Kahn.

So I'm guessing the writers didn't learn their lesson when they wrote this episode! I mean you would think that after the poor written/developed "witch" storyline of Season 4 that they would stop writing ubsurd storylines like this! Nope! "Thrist" is truly an awful episode and dare I say it might give "Spell" a run for it's money as the worst hour of Smallville! It's obvious the writers where trying to make a fun lighthearted Halloween episode and an obvious parody of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". I mean how else do you explain the character of Buffy Sanders, the vampire and James Masters' delievery of the line, "Clark, there;s no such thing as vampires." How hilarious...NOT!

Kristin Kreuk's performance is cartoonish and laughable as vampire Lana. Guest star Brook Nevin makes you cringe as Buffy as well as the other sorority girls. I'm surprised the rest of the cast could keep a straight face and acted out this bad material, ehw! Also, what was up with Carrie Fisher guest starring in this episode. I actually feel bad that such a well known actress such as herself would star in this episode! Yet again, Professor Fine and Lex are the saving graces. Their developing rivalry is well played by both actors and you just can't wait to see what Fine has in store for Lex and vice versa. "Thrist" sees the writers having fun, TOO MUCH fun in fact as even the DVD commentary has them asking themselves "what the hell were we thinking?" I don't know guys, I really don't!
TNT