Smallville

Thirst

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 2005 on The CW

• Lana the Vampira

This episode I'll admit isn't the best but it's not the worst as people keep making it out to be, trust me I have seen worse. Yeah, it's a filler episode but an entertaining one, it sort of plays out and felt a little like a drive in grindhouse B-movie.

It's true it's a flawed episode, my main problem was with the main villians they were kinda lame, in fact more annoying than menicing and funny; the soroity girl stereotype and vampirism just don't really mix well, I guess they were trying to make it humourous in that area but it just fell flat, just hearing them talk made me cringe more than laugh honestly who talks like that.

But what saves this episode in fact makes it even enjoyable is Lana herself. Kristin is just good at playing a contrary version of her persona, I'll admit she's great in the Vampira role. I actaully liked her as a vampire, may'be it's that anarchic, seductive and slightly menicing persona she has once given the vampire juce. Those catlike movements she does and that black leather outfit she's in all the same she was cool.

I like how even though those powers tapped inot a darker side of her, she was still slightly herself some of that good persona is still in her. From the fact that she was protecting Clark from the other Vampire girls, she didn't think of him as another piece of meat but as a person she loves. And just certain things she says to Clark in her vampire state contain her humanity. Two of the highlights of the episode for me were seeing Lana sink her fangs into Clark and then inherit part of his powers, that was awdsome. And of course the attempted conversion which was both suspensful but also strangely and darkly romantic. The fire in the background in both scenes created that sense of heated desire for both Clark and Lana.

Overall this episode is alright the whole thing could of been handled better but enjoyable just to see Lana as the Vampira role. I think of it as a guilty pleasure that is at least worth a try.