Smash Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Cliffhanger Ending

RavenFreak120

[1]May 15, 2012
    • level: 21

To clarify (if someone could help me out that'd be great): That ending was to suggest Ivy was gonna overdose, yea?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TammyMatt

[2]May 15, 2012
    • level: 2

It looked to me that Ivy's character may run a parallel to Marilyn Monroe's (with the supposed overdose), so yes, that is what the show was suggesting to me

DocKev

[3]May 16, 2012
    • level: 3

I thought that the show implied that Ivy was only "thinking" of overdosing. I kept wondering if they were going to show her popping the pills into her mouth, but they didn't go that far. I think that gives the writers the "out" of not having her unconscious at the beginning of season 2, but following her depression for the beginning of season 2. I guess we'll see in 4 months what they decide to do.

kathryn_schauf

[4]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 1

Season 2 of Smash is about to be fantastic because all of the special guest stars ! I think Smash rode the coattails of The Voice a little bit but all of the celebrity guests that are coming are going to make an impact I think. Especially since the Broadway queen herself is coming, Ms. Liza Minnelli! This article mentions some of the people that will be appearing in episodes and how Liza got signed on. I think it is most like her real life out of all the guest stars so she is going to fit in seamlessly. Can't wait for the cliffhangers to be solved and Liza to make her grand appearance

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/11/liza-minnelli-guest-star-second-season-nbcs-smash