Smash Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Excited for the start of Smash!

Faithin1

[1]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm looking forward to this show... the actors in it are great, and deserve a quality vehicle to showcase their talents. I hope it is great!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GeronimoX

[2]Jan 17, 2012
    • level: 6

Just saw a pre-air of the pilot and this show is fantastic or dare I say FABULOUS!! (giggidy)
    The songs are great, the performances are top-notch, the storyline is intrigueing and there's a stellar cast. So what's not to love?.
    Maybe I'm biased because I love Marilyn Monroe and love most of the musical movies starting with Annie from my youth, via Grease up to Chicago...
    Never seen a live one, but I'm from Holland and to me the level overhere just doesn't quite cut it.
    Can't believe nobody saw the brilliance of the pitch by master Steven Spielberg!
    Can't wait to see more.

hell693

[3]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 11
    I saw the pilot and it wasnt that bad it was kinda good and this is from a guy that doesnt like musicals and hates Glee the only reason i watched Smash is because of my GF she forced me to watch it and so i did but i have to admit i liked it.

BrittanyBrave

[4]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 1

Took advantage of the iTunes offer to check out the pilot for free. http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/smash-season-1/id492511667. It is VERY good. I am totally looking forward to the competition, the drama, the music and the performances of the rest of the season. The cast is too talented to not tune in.

EJamison

[5]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 17

I like Roger & Hamerstein musicals. Glee is so-so, but I have been watching it. I usually skim through the middle of the musical numbers.

I liked the "Smash" pilot and I expect to keep watching it.

The one scene where the 2 actresses were auditioning separately but portrayed like a duet was interesting.

I wonder if it was obvious to everyone that a lot of real time was passing in that one hour -- like weeks between some scenes. I'm not even sure if we are expected to gauge it, or if there were more definitive clues that I missed.

flora52

[6]May 6, 2013
    • level: 1

WHY do i ever watch a show on the NothingButCanceled network? remember what happened to "harry's law?" first season, great. second year, totally different, nearly unrecognizable from the first. then the idiots at the peacock shuffled it ALL over the week—finally to saturday, where networks surely move shows they want to kill. result: canceled. now the DUMMIES at nbc are repeating the pattern with "smash," one of the freshest, most entertaining works in an era when all we really have are reality shows ad nauseum bookending one good program out of fifty. it is akin to rodgers and hammerstein meets 2013. all i can say is thank god "nashville" is on abc or it would be gone….one last thing: so the nbc "execs" aren't watching? who CARES??? all they should care about is if WE are watching….which we were.