Smash Lab Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Discovery ChannelBetween Seasons

Girl Fake Scientist?

mike240se

[1]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 5

I heard this girl is just an actor and is not really a "Scientist" which pissed me off. I heard when she "geeked out" and did that math stuff it wasnt really her and they did that to make people think she really was a scientist.

I kind of believe it because she is pretty dumb on the show. "Yeah this hit that and transfered the engergy to that which hit that" yeah wow real einstien.

anyways the show is descent but I found master blasters on sicent channel at the same time and its WAY WAY BETTER.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

davypi

[2]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    She at least has a degree in engineering and a previous job as one. And, not that a PBS kids show is going to pick the cream of the crop, but I would tend to think hosting a PBS science show gives her some credulity as more than just a plain actress. On the other hand, being on a kids show might explain why her explinations are dumbed down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deanne_Bell

http://pbskids.org/designsquad/cast/01-deanne.html

Not that I really care. The show is so lame I can barely stand to watch the commercials.

TVISMYHOBBY

[3]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    How Old is Deanne?

MajLorne

[4]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    mike240se wrote:

I heard this girl is just an actor and is not really a "Scientist" which pissed me off. I heard when she "geeked out" and did that math stuff it wasnt really her and they did that to make people think she really was a scientist.

I kind of believe it because she is pretty dumb on the show. "Yeah this hit that and transfered the engergy to that which hit that" yeah wow real einstien.

anyways the show is descent but I found master blasters on sicent channel at the same time and its WAY WAY BETTER.

Interesting you say that as I thought she was on this show just because she was a pretty face and Smash Lab's answer to Kari from Mythbusters. But hopefully if this show gets canned then none of this will matter anyways.