Smash Lab

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 26, 2007 Between Seasons

FredScuttle

Smash Lab Fan Reviews (14)

5.9
  • Solid science/engineering show along the same vein as Mythbusters. Just avoid the first season, which had many, many problems. From what I've watched of season two, the show is only getting better.

Despite a terrible first season, which I was only able to suffer through 3 episodes of, I think this show is a solid science/engineering show.

It's similar to Mythbusters, but they do things on a much grander scale and on a much larger budget. Because of this, they get bigger/more explosions, but less of the practical (cost, time) engineering side. However, it's still quite enjoyable because of the interesting challenges they take on.

I think the second season is a great improvement over the first, so don't judge the show too quickly (or just avoid the first season). It took Mythbusters a few season to really perfect their show as well. The new team members, new narrator, and fewer scripted lines on Season 2 are what makes me give it a solid 7.5. It would be higher if they explained their design decisions and methodology more.