Smith Forums

CBS (ended 2006)

England??????

kisskiss666

[1]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    Does anyone know when or if this show will be aired in Britain
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beanos66

[2]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    saw a trailer yesterday (25th feb (think it may be one of the ITV channels))

Anyway it was trailed as, the ustv smash hit, and I'm thinking "smash! it got cancelled after three episodes" wots with that?

edit:
    yes it was ITV2 coz I was watching "The Devils Own" with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford
    Edited on 02/26/2007 12:41pm

andy_1234

[3]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think it starts next tuesday on itv4 at 10pm.

enablerbro1

[4]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    So they're going to show, what was it, seven episodes with the season just ending dead without a conclusion?  Or do we have another Baywatch on our hands?  American execs axed the show after the first series and ITV bosses paid for it to continue to become the most sold show in history (or some spiel like that).  It's got to be better than "I'm a Z* celebrity pretty please dredge my already flushed career from the depths of the bowels of the Earth and smear it onto 15 more minutes of plankton feasting fame.".

*Z's dead baby.  Z's dead.

Harry_Lime

[5]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    From the UK: As noted above, ITV on their digital only channel ITV4 showed the completed episodes. And they left it hanging, with no explanation, just no mention of the "next episode". Maybe they're waiting for complaints to see if anyone's bothered about seeing more. I saw all but one, I enjoyed them, but somehow I didn't find it all that compelling. I liked the cast, and it's great to see Liotta, whose career has been a bit patchy. V Madsen too, although not given nearly enough to do. I think the writing seemed slightly weak, a little derivative at times. It's clearly an expensive series to make, and they probably need a bit of kicking in the script department to make it work (although, that ship has sailed...). It's been pretty typical that UK stations, over the last few years, having introduced more broadcast channels, are buying up anything, including known to have been cancelled series, to use as filler. Similar treatment was given to psychic series "The Others" including showing bizarrely the last two episodes in the wrong order (cliffhanger/doomed ending, followed by ordinary episode). Channel 4 showed Kidnapped, which at least was allowed to wrap up it's story line (actually I enjoyed it more knowing that it was finite, and wasn't going to be stretched interminably like Lost or Prison Break).