Smith Forums

CBS (ended 2006)

Explain...

A-Love

[1]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 4

Since 4 more episodes were *already* filmed, why did CBS take it off the air? I mean they could of stopped production to stop spending money and then air the 4 episodes to give it a last chance in case ratings got better. I mean why not ? it wouldn't have cost them more money just to give it a shot... it's really annoying since it's the only new show I liked.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frenzy175

[2]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 11
    Im guessing here but it might be as the show had been getting such poor ratings that meant the Network couldnt charge that much for the Ads on during the show.
    So they were better off putting a different show on the go better ratings they could then charge more for.

eblood12

[3]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 2
    frenzy175 wrote:
    Im guessing here but it might be as the show had been getting such poor ratings that meant the Network couldnt charge that much for the Ads on during the show.
    So they were better off putting a different show on the go better ratings they could then charge more for.
    Yes and now there having worse ratings with the replacement show. They never marketed Smith and that's why it failed not because of the storyline. I have read all of the episode synopsis and it's very very good.

CBS is run by a bunch of bricks imho