The Smurfs Forums

NBC (ended 1989)

This Show Jump The Shark Big Time in Season 5-9.

Evil

[1]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 3

Season 5 started out ok until it go downhill when Natural Smurf,Snappy Smurf,Slouchy Smurf are de-age to Smurflings and that is what ruin Peyo's original creation of the Smurfs show. The season 9 time travel episodes didn't make things any better but only worser.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jasmine_

[2]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 9
    It's been a looong while since I last watched these series, but I used to like the Smurflings. Since I was too young at the time, I didn't pay attention to differences among the several seasons, and I didn't even knew they were de-aged until some time ago, but I'm still fond of them (I first met Natural, Snappy and Slouchy as Smurflings, after all). I guess I can understand why some people hate them, however. It's not cool when you're used to a certain character and suddenly, he/she is turned into a child out of nowhere. I hated when it happened to Goku in Dragon Ball GT (that was a horrible show, and de-aged Goku was just one of the reasons ).

Evil

[3]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 3

Jasmine_ wrote:
    It's been a looong while since I last watched these series, but I used to like the Smurflings. Since I was too young at the time, I didn't pay attention to differences among the several seasons, and I didn't even knew they were de-aged until some time ago, but I'm still fond of them (I first met Natural, Snappy and Slouchy as Smurflings, after all). I guess I can understand why some people hate them, however. It's not cool when you're used to a certain character and suddenly, he/she is turned into a child out of nowhere. I hated when it happened to Goku in Dragon Ball GT (that was a horrible show, and de-aged Goku was just one of the reasons ).
    Atleast someone understands the different seasons. You didn't see the Smurflings episode did you, i have seen it a few times.

What happens is Papa Smurf sends Natural Smurf, Snappy Smurf and Slouchy Smurf to Father Times to get his hour glass fix, while there Snappy notice one of the clocks going backwards and opens it to take a look inside of it, then Nat tells him not to touch anything until one of Nat's Butterflies are scare off because of one of the clocks open up, one butterfly goes into the clock that is going backwards and Natural Smurf goes in after it, but when he can't get out of the backwards clock Snappy and Slouchy have to go in to saved him, the clock begins go backwards and all three of them are de-age into Smurflings. I hope that will help understand what happen.

Edited on 11/19/2012 6:59pm
    Edited 4 total times.