Snowy River: The McGregor Saga

The Nine Network (ended 1998)

Missybea

Snowy River: The McGregor Saga Fan Reviews (6)

7.6
  • The seasons of Snowy river mcgregor saga can be bought from Australian ebay. Should be watched by everyone one cause it is so good.

I love this show so much. You can buy the series from australian ebay. They're just over 40 dollars. They so need to bring it back. With the same cast. But this time Danni should be married and have some children and so should rob. That would be so good.
    They should bring Kathleen and Michael from England and keep jessie mcClusky in it. I have to watch this everyday. And pick out the best bits. Its so good. Can't write 100 words so i'm just going to write anything. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
  • brilliant. I want montanna to hurry up and get it together with rob. he's a bit slow and thick.

watch this everyday. sad I know but house bound so love to watch the views of oss and like the horses. acting is very good. some story lines could be better but still like them all. is there to be anymore????

I think whoever did the casting did a good job. can we have more horses?????

what has happened to nasty frank and his dad and sister? I must have missed that episode.

I will miss this series when it finishes. the best that's on tv. light and fresh with no bad launguage and a new story so it's ok if you miss a couple you can still follow the stories. not that I miss any. ah ah
  • where can I find and buy all 4 seasons of Snowy River: The Mcgregor Saga in U.S. dollars?

okay, everything i need to ask is pretty much in the summary so anyway if you know anything that could help plzzzzz give me a reply. I've been looking for the series for forever and it would really be a big help! thanx :) oh, and since this needs to be a hundred words long here a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z and sfdjsdklfj sdlfj sdljfds fjslkdfj lksdjf ksdfj sl;djflskd jfksdflksd jflksdjflks djkfljsdl fksd lkfjdsl;f jdlkjf lskdfj lsdkjf klsdjf ldskj flks okay there done.
  • An original idea based on a famous poem...so what went wrong?

This show is one which I dearly love.

Based in the Snowy Mountains, the show had a lot to offer with strong storylines and cast.

The first two seasons were the better ones, featuring the rilvary between the Blackwoods and the McGregors.

In Season 3 they started playing with characters, Joelene Crnogorac left the show as Danni and was replaced with Kristie Raymond - who was never the same.

Other characters soon followed the exiting including Rodney Bell who played Frank Blackwood. As terrible as his character was, he added a unique charm, interest and a darker side to the "good" McGregors.

Amanda Douge also left the show having played Victoria Blackwood and a similiar "American" type of her was introduced in the form of Montana Hale, played by Gabrielle Fitzpatrick.

The worst part was the show loosing Wendy Hughes and Ben Guerens, who played Kathleen and Michael O'Neil. This made the final season very flat.

The last two seasons, did introduce one interesting character who did fit in with the series, Josh, played by Daniel Daperis who was adopted by Emily and Colin.

Overall, it was a beautiful old-fashioned show which the whole family could enjoy.
  • A Australian Classic!

I loved Banjo Patterson's Man from Snowy River when I was little and I loved this show when it was on.
    It was great to see the classic Australian setting of olden times and see the struggles that they had to go through.
    The strong Australian cast was great and the relationships between the characters kept you watching every week.

The closest thing to this show now would be McLeods Daughters.
  • This series is about the McGregors and their lives on Langara in Patterson's Ridge on the Snowy mountains.

I LOVE this show. I just bought season one on DVD but does anyone know where I can buy season two? You can notice in places that it didn\'t have a massive budget but it has been put together well and it is a true Aussie series made from a classic poem.