So NoTORIous

Street

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 09, 2006 on VH1

• Although I don\\\'t watch the show all too often, this really cracked me up!

Tori Spelling is an actress who at first was completely spoiled, and reminds of Paris Hilton now, but I think she\\\'s learning and she\\\'s actually a better actress because of it. In this episode, it was hilarious that they used a blackberry to motivate all the humor, just being plain silly about how this one guy who had could be anyone, anywhere, and how they could get it back. The sex shop was ridiculously funny because we find out that\\\'s where she lost her phone, and then we go from there, and c\\\'mon...when you lose your blackberry in a sex-shop, do you think you can create a bad episode from there? I don\\\'t think so! Classic!
  • Paris Hilton could never write a show this witty, but the originally spoiled celebrity shows her range.

After years of being considered a spoiled rich celebrity mooching off of her dad's success, Tori makes a show to tell everyone..... they were right!

Tori isn't afraid to make fun of herself in her new comedy. The writing is good, and so is her comedic acting. This is the role she should have done after 90210 ended; and I think she knows so, since the series is supposed to take place at this time.

In this pilot Tori declares her indepedence as she moves out of her parents' mansion and into an apartment using her own money.... the money she made off working on her dad's show, she humorously admits. The show is full of similarly clever self-deprication, and Tori comes off looking like a pretty down to earth person as a result.

I'll be watching this one in the future for sure.
  • Make Fun Of Her All You Want, But Tori Spelling And Her New Show Are Great!

I've liked Tori Spelling since her '90210' days - and I started watching that show in it's first season. As seasons progressed, she improved as an actress, but yet the public and critics alike condemned her because, of course, she was Aaron Spelling's daughter and grew up in an affluent Holmby Hills mansion - a Hollywood child. She then became a made-for-tv movie queen and then started showing some real acting chops in independent cult classics like "The House Of Yes" and "Trick," as well as co-starring in "Scary Movie 2." With her new VH1 series "So Notorious," she proves that she has come into her own - both this episode and the 2nd episode were extremely entertaining. It's refreshing that Tori pokes fun at herself, her family, other celebrities, and Hollywood in general - not many performers would put themselves on the spot for the world to see like that. Tori is terrific and she's never looked better - she's complimented by an appealing supporting cast and Loni Anderson provides some good moments as Tori's mother. If this show even partially reveals what she is like in real life, Tori is probably one of the most underrated and sweet actresses in Tinseltown. I hope that "So Notorious" succeeds and continues the tongue-in-cheek hilarity of it's first two episodes.