So Weird Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2001)

an idea....

legolasotter07

[1]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 1

So i mentioned this over on the imdb boards for "So Weird" but this board seems a little more active than that one. I was thinking about creating a community/group/message board for us "So Weird" fans. There is bound to be a lot of us out there. I was thinking if we could all gather at one spot we could organize a big letter writing campaign to Disney, rather than have people throw around e-mails that others can use when they want. I think a request for a DVD or re-runs might be more effective if we have monthly letter writing campaigns to the Disney people.

Anyone else hear about how the Disney people made Youtube take down clips of full episodes that people put up? I mean, it's pretty ridiculous they haven't put it on DVD after that. If they have to go through all that trouble isn't it obvious that there are fans out there that are desperate for the show?

I sent the Disney people an e-mail yesterday about this. I also added the fact that there are people out there selling all the seasons on DVD because they taped them when they aired and they are jacking up the prices to like $80-$100. Not to mention that most of these are of crappy quality. Then there are people out there that are getting scammed out of 50 bucks because people are saying they're selling them but they're not.

I think it's worth a shot. At most it would take out like 10 minutes one day each month. Let me know what you guys think.

Edited on 10/13/2007 12:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

superdud1400

[2]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    people have been doing this for years. It hasnt worked

danny_d_777

[3]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    I wish i had a better source but according to wikipedia so weird is coming out on DVD in 2008 but i don't know how reliable the info is.

Cali_girl_213

[4]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 11
    that would be great if it was coming out, but i really doubt that. It hasn't come out, neither have any of the other "zoog disney" shows from that time such as "Jet jackson" "the jersey" "in a heartbeat" etc..unless they finally realize that people want these dvds, we have to find other ways to watch. 

gothicsweetie

[5]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    it almost like Disney completely forgot them

Cali_girl_213

[6]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 11
    gothicsweetie wrote:

ya,,,or erased from existence...i hate how disney does that w/ their old shows..such as this, and all the other early 2000s show...if only they replayed them at night at least or something...anything to help us watch them again!

MuseRiot

[7]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 19

Cali_girl_213 wrote:
    gothicsweetie wrote:
    ya,,,or erased from existence...i hate how disney does that w/ their old shows..such as this, and all the other early 2000s show...if only they replayed them at night at least or something...anything to help us watch them again!

Seriously!

My older brother tryed to explain to me that to make dvds you have to have the premission from the producers, directors, and so on, and scince some of their prducers dropped out and the end of the second season, they are probably having touble getting permission to make dvds.

But they need to do something! We all miss it!

Jesusfreak1098

[8]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    Ive heard alot. i got my whole set for about 60 dollars and it all came from dvr so all but the holiday episodes( fountain, boo, and earth 101) are really good quality. but i think the site got shut down. i love them tho. it was like danworks@hotmail.com but idk. you can try that email idk if its right tho.

drummergirl_013

[9]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    Well, I know youtube has a few of the episodes on there, and if you have mozilla firefox you can download downloadhelper and then download vlc media player and watch the episodes whenever you want to on your computer or laptop.