So Weird Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2001)

Do you prefer Fi or Annie episodes?

yogibrain

[1]Sep 21, 2005
    • level: 9
    i'm sorry to all the annie fans (if there are any) but Fi's episodes were the only good one. About weird stuff and investigating. Then annie became the new lead and it shifted to focus more on her lame singing career and less on creepy stuff, and the creepy stuff they had on her episodes wasn't up to par. Plus that bright colored school bugged me.
    Edited on 05/31/2006 8:26am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

afenla

[2]Sep 25, 2005
    • level: 37
    You're absolutely right. Switching out Fiona was wrong, especially since she became so close to her father and all the mysteries around him.
    When starting with Annie, it was just like beginning the show all over, but on a lower level.

Edit~ I don't have multiple personalities. I mistakenly added the "not" up there

deleteuser

[3]Oct 23, 2005
    • level: 19
    Well, since I started watching So weird the season Annie came, it's probably why I liked her season more. I don't think the show got that bad when Annie came on. I also loved the episodes that showed how good of a singer Annie was. I just can't choose. I liked Fi and Annie equally.

Maibe_Josie

[4]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 14
    didn't hate Annie, but she ruined the show

deleteuser

[5]Nov 20, 2005
    Your opinion..

archangelcory16

[6]Nov 22, 2005
    • level: 32
    Tell me...what was so good about Annie?

I personally liked the ENTIRE show, even Annie, but the show faced a creative retardation in the third season. And that's what Disney wanted.

The first two seasons introduced arcs and planted seeds for some storylines we were supposed to see in season three. The show had substance. A goal. An ongoing plot. Characters were based in reality. They had meaningful relationships. This was a show not typical to Disney and was mature. Only it was held back from being more mature by the stupid Disney regulations.

Season Three dropped the whole "aimed for the entire family, including teens" thing and became a show targeted more for the Lizzie McGuire audience. Gone was the emotional struggles caused by Rick's death (except for The Muse), Molly became a minor character, there was no real storyline to think of, the plots became completely outlandish and just plain strange, the show wasn't dramatic anymore, it became significantly more campy, and didn't really cause you to THINK like the first two seasons did.

So please...tell me why the first seasons sucked and the Annie year was so much better.

RosSlayville

[7]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    i think thats what made the show go down hill!

-Ascent-

[8]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 20
    it did!

drummergirl_013

[9]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 12
    I totally agree. taking Fi out of the show was the worst thing they could have done. I watched like one show with Annie in it and hated it right away. The show definently went downhill because of that.

archangelcory16

[10]Dec 12, 2005
    Season Three wasn't THAT bad...compared to other supernatural shows for kids.

deleteuser

[11]Dec 14, 2005
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Tell me...what was so good about Annie?

I personally liked the ENTIRE show, even Annie, but the show faced a creative retardation in the third season. And that's what Disney wanted.

The first two seasons introduced arcs and planted seeds for some storylines we were supposed to see in season three. The show had substance. A goal. An ongoing plot. Characters were based in reality. They had meaningful relationships. This was a show not typical to Disney and was mature. Only it was held back from being more mature by the stupid Disney regulations.

Season Three dropped the whole "aimed for the entire family, including teens" thing and became a show targeted more for the Lizzie McGuire audience. Gone was the emotional struggles caused by Rick's death (except for The Muse), Molly became a minor character, there was no real storyline to think of, the plots became completely outlandish and just plain strange, the show wasn't dramatic anymore, it became significantly more campy, and didn't really cause you to THINK like the first two seasons did.

So please...tell me why the first seasons sucked and the Annie year was so much better.

I have 3 questions.

Are you talking to me? I'm not really sure.

Who said Annie's season was so much better?

Who said the first seasons sucked?

Snicketguy13

[12]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 3
    archangelcory16 wrote:

"That's So Raven", anyone?

archangelcory16

[13]Jan 1, 2006
    Snicketguy13 wrote:
    archangelcory16 wrote:

"That's So Raven", anyone?

Are you saying it's comparable to TSR or what? If so, definitely not.

Snicketguy13

[14]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    Not at all. You were saying that even season 3 of So Weird was better than the other crappy supernatural shows being made for kids, and I offered That's So Raven as an example.

StarlightMaker

[15]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 33
    Snicketguy13 wrote:
    Not at all. You were saying that even season 3 of So Weird was better than the other crappy supernatural shows being made for kids, and I offered That's So Raven as an example.

That's So Raven is just a regular family/friends sitcom with a psychich twist; just like how Medium is Law & Order with a psychich twist. Anyway, That's So Raven is really good. I wanted to watch it because it looked like a good comedy and Raven is a pretty good actress. Then, I got the added bonus of the psychic twist. It's not really that supernatural. So Weird is a upernatural show.

Anyway, I never watched it with Annie. I can't believe she had 26 episodes. The second season was definitely the best. I just wish that Disney would make stories with bigger impacts in the end. So, while I'm not an Annie fan, I love Alexz!! Does that make any sense?

I_luvTV92

[16]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    Annie didn't exactly ruin the show. Fi leaving did. Annie was just an effect. When Fi was there she was trying to find out about her dad and save him from h---. I'm not sure if I can say the place. Anyway, Annie was a bad addition but that didn't ruin the show. After they left the Rick mystery unanswered people didn't really care.

CaNaDa_rOx

[17]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 11
    an example of a supernatural show for kids would be strange days at blake holsey high which really wasn't that bad but the acting was mostly terrible and so weird was much better.

THEICE

[18]Apr 15, 2006
    yogibrain wrote:
    i'm sorry to all the annie fans(if their are any) but Fi's episodes were the only good one. About weird stuff and investigating. Then annie became the new lead and it shifted to focus more on her lame singing career and less on creepy stuff, and the creepy stuff they had on her episodes wasn't up to par. Plus that bright colored school bugged me.
    ok

jane_doe37

[19]Apr 26, 2006

Anybody know the phrase "jumping the shark"?

That's what So Weird did when Annie came on. I was only about ten years old, and still I knew that it was a bad idea from the moment she walked on. She basically ended my obsession with the show- I used to love it SO much when Fi was on. I think it was my first favorite show. I used to have entire tapes filled up with episodes. Sigh... I miss what Disney channel used to be like, when they had shows like So Weird and Even Stevens on. I would still watch that channel if shows like that aired, even though I'm fifteen. Now the channel just sucks, I only watch it when I have to babysit my cousins.

I think the last episode I saw of So Weird was the one with the voodoo doll girl... then I just gave up one the whole Annie thing. Did they ever get to the bottom of the whole thing with Fi's dad? Ever? EVER???

MK86

[20]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 2
    They supposedly "finished" that story in the episode Twin, but I wouldn't call that closure.