Disney Channel (ended 2001)

The Original Season Three Plans

archangelcory16

[21]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 32
    ivelkered17 wrote:
    who did you get the downloads from?

Jon Cooksey, the producer of the first two seasons
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SLOZCdude

[22]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 28
    This is somwhat random, but liek say every Sunday, they should have like the afternoon of Disney Channel shows that ended or was cancelled within the past decade air (like on Nick.)

MK86

[23]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    I was thinking the same thing. Except I was thinking, to avoid changing any daytime schedules, Disney could make like a 1 hour block of old shows at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and maybe even Sundays. It's late enough to not have too many newer viewers switching the channel, and that the older viewers would be up so they would be able to watch it.

gothicsweetie

[24]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 13
    what would have happen if Disney did use the original plans I wonder

MK86

[25]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think not as many people would dislike Disney they was they do.

twins1729

[26]Jan 31, 2007

That really ticks me off.

I think the show would have kicked major ass.

Damn you Cara! Okay, I'm kidding.

She can do what she wants.

Annie's stories were so stupid.

Fi's would have been so much better.

Edited on 01/31/2007 11:50pm

gothicsweetie

[27]Feb 3, 2007
    original planes or not I wish they would have kept Fi

drummergirl_013

[28]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    Fi, in my view, made the show. I agree that they should have like a special block of time for canceled shows on disney. The shows on there now are ridiculous. I mean what's the point of having thats so raven and corey in the house. Maybe we could send disney something or other, and we could have a ton of names on it. I think I want them to have it on again to badly.           By the way, the  would-have-been season 3 plans sound really, really good. Anyone know why cara quiet, other than the fact the show was on the disney channel, she probably wasn't getting a great salary and a really well known name, and the show wasn't, if i'm not mistaken, a very big hit.

Rocky157

[29]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    twins1729 wrote:

That really ticks me off.

I think the show would have kicked major ass.

Damn you Cara! Okay, I'm kidding.

She can do what she wants.

Annie's stories were so stupid.

Fi's would have been so much better.

really

TvBabi4Ever

[30]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 3

So Weird, was So Awesome!

Disney really sucks now. Every time I see crap like Hannah Montanna and that stupid fly show, I want to bash my TV in. There are the same storylines for all of ther "older" (By older I mean, Lizzy McGuire.. Hannah Montanna, The Suite Life.. etc.) Disney Channel shows, it's so predictable! I've noticed Nick AND Disney are both aimed towards tiny-tots now. Remember "Are You Afraid of the Dark"? That was a good one too. Now we have pointless shows. No wonder why my 13year old brother acts like he's five; It's the immature shows that Disney is putting infront of his face.

Phoenixe16

[31]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    oh my you guys are awesome this is like being taken back in time to late grade school years... zoogs omg lol how can you not remember them?! i thought they were the most annoying thing but when they replaced it i was sad. At any rate... i've been looking for these episodes on YouTube and cannot for the life of me find them if anyone can find a link for me i would love them forever!

gothicsweetie

[32]Apr 3, 2007
    Annie I don't know just didn't seem as in to the paranormale as Fi did

patchworkravvie

[33]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 3

That season three sounds like it would have been downright amazing. Good material for a fanfiction there if anyone's so inclined...

archangelcory16

[34]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 32
    gothicsweetie wrote:
    Annie I don't know just didn't seem as in to the paranormale as Fi did

Yeah, Annie wasn't interested in it, it just sort of "found" her and she had a way of stumbling upon it, presumably due to what happened when she was a kid.

Fi, on the other hand, actively seeked it out AND was also MEANT to find it because of her destiny to fight in the war between Good and Evil.

goosegirl829

[35]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 8

Heres another thing about the plans and the reasons why it never happend. But i seriously would kill to get this.

"Executive producers Jon Cooksey and Ali Marie Matheson had plotted out a very different and dark third season. Season two would have ended with Rick being thrown off the roof rather than having a tearful farewell with his daughter. Season three would then pick up with stories including Bricriu making a reappearance, possessing Fi who would later be saved by Molly's priest brother. Fi would have continued to investigate the paranormal but the encounter on the rooftop would have made her more cautious; the Phillips witch ancestry would be delved into; the alien thread from the past two seasons would have come full circle; Jack would have been revealed to have lived a past life as a knight (subtly alluded to in past episodes); Molly's past alcoholisom (the subject of "In the Darkness") would have been addressed; and Rick's story would have continued through to the series finale of Fi going into hell to rescue her father. However, Disney would not allow the dark themes to be included in the show. They instead opted for a lighter tone to dominate the final season. This led to executive producers Cooksey and Matheson leaving the show. However, most of the planned plots would not have been possible because Cara DeLizia had already made the decision to leave and pursue other projects. The other known incidence of Disney rejecting proposed stories was the unproduced episode "Chrysalis." The episode would have featured Carrie helping a friend who was a victim of addiction. The episode would have also introduced the backstory of Molly's alcoholism. The episode "Avatar" was aired instead."

Ugh, it really sucks! The season three that never happened is exactly what would have made the show the biggest hit ever. But of couse disney has to kiddish, and not anything adress what really happens (not about so weird, but just in general).

Edited on 07/29/2007 6:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

suitelife96

[36]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    why isnt it on much more?

legolasotter07

[37]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 1

MK86 wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. Except I was thinking, to avoid changing any daytime schedules, Disney could make like a 1 hour block of old shows at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and maybe even Sundays. It's late enough to not have too many newer viewers switching the channel, and that the older viewers would be up so they would be able to watch it.

I was thinking something along the same lines, only doing like something after like 11pm or midnight and going into the early morning. I mean, they show CARTOONS from midnight until mid-morning. I understand having cartoons begin at like 5-7 but why are they on at midnight? What parent has their kid up at 2am watching cartoons? They could put on older shows during that time since most of us that used to watch are adults or almost adults and can stay up later. And yeah, I know there's the whole "I'm not staying up until 2am just to watch a show" but a lot of people have DVRs or TiVO now, and there's always taping it on the VCR.

I don't understand why they can't at least try out some of the older shows out on the new kids. They might like it.

eclecticvewer

[38]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 11

I know it's been like a year since anyone posted, but I've recently gotten into the show again since the eps are currently on Youtube.

Knowing what we know about Season 3, it absolutely kills me whenever I watch an episode. I still enjoy the eps, but in the back of my mind it's like, "all this story plotting, only to be for nothing." This is definitely one of the great injustices done to a cable TV show, but unfortunately rhere is no way to correct it. Even reuniting the cast would only be a quick fix, as it wouldn't be as magical as if it were the original season 3.

A reunion now, on Disney terms, would be impossible. By my calculations, "Fi" is about 22. The only conceivable way anything could be done was if some other network - like the Sci-Fi channel - picked up the show and revived it as an adult supernatural drama, like Charmed (which would be undeniably awesome). IMHO, the show shouldn't have been Disney to begin with. I think it would've fared better on Nick, as they seem to be more okay with non-kiddie stuff.

However, there is another less satisfying option. Nowadays they have junior novelizations for tons of shows, ranging from the aforementioned Charmed to Hannah Montana. It would be clensing for fans if the original Season 3 plans were carried out, if not on screen, at least in books. There was a So Weird book series, if I'm not mistaken.

At the very least, someone should write out all the plans in fanfiction. I'd do it, but it would be incredibly complicated, time consuming, and too big for one person to handle. I may give it a go if I get bored enough, anyway.

ivelkered17

[39]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 5

What really irks me is the fact that Cara left so abrubtly. There is something fishy about it. I mean, the way the original plans would have worked out would make any female actress stay. If she would have stayed, I bet she would have a more reputable acting career still going awesome. Of course she would be typecast as a paranormal investigator; maybe she saw that and didn't like the way it looked? I dunno, maybe Disney saw the original plans and freaked out so much (the way they had reacted seeing the plot for Chrysalis probably was foreshadowing this sort of thing) that they took her out and hired some "young and hip" people to help out with the show.

Disney made a poor decision and I let them know this a couple of weeks ago in an email. Funny how they haven't responded yet. Because of their programming, they have turned my little brother who respected me and turned him into some freakish kid. Maybe they are part of a plot to demoralize and de-age the "youth of today."

MuseRiot

[40]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 19
    Season 3 would have been so much better, who knows, if Cara/Fi would have stayed...I think the show would have gone on more than it did, maybe we'd have DVDs by now!