So You Think You Can Dance Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Season 9 USA

irehawk20

[1]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 9

This show has been renewed for its ninth season, but please keep the results episodes this season! Thank you.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DougClark2

[2]May 24, 2012
    • level: 3
    Anybody know how the format is going to work this year?

DocKev

[3]May 27, 2012
    DougClark2 wrote:

Since there won't be a results episode this season, I imagine they'll use the model used by America's Best Dance Crew. That is, all couples will dance each week, then the 3 couples with the fewest votes from the previous week will be announced, and then have to dance for their lives. The judges would then proceed to cut 1 guy & 1 girl, and then America can vote for the remaining couples. What I'm not sure about is what would happen if the guy & girl cut were from different couples. Since they would make up a whole new couple, how would America vote for them......as individuals or as the new couple that hasn't danced together yet? Oh, and the other new change is that two winners will be crowned....one guy & one girl.

irehawk20

[4]May 30, 2012

DocKev wrote:
    DougClark2 wrote:
    Since there won't be a results episode this season, I imagine they'll use the model used by America's Best Dance Crew. That is, all couples will dance each week, then the 3 couples with the fewest votes from the previous week will be announced, and then have to dance for their lives. The judges would then proceed to cut 1 guy & 1 girl, and then America can vote for the remaining couples. What I'm not sure about is what would happen if the guy & girl cut were from different couples. Since they would make up a whole new couple, how would America vote for them......as individuals or as the new couple that hasn't danced together yet? Oh, and the other new change is that two winners will be crowned....one guy & one girl.

I'm not sure if that's going to work out right.

DougClark2

[5]Jun 5, 2012
    Ya, I'm not sure if that could work either

Come to think of it, unless there going to completely alter the concept of the show and have couples tied together, I don't know how any sort of voting could work. Even then, it would be awfully tough to have these kids kill themselves all week to learn routines only to be cut at the beginning of the following show

Other than the judges making cuts at the end of each show, I can't see how things would work...which in and of itself, totally flies in the face of their concept of "America's favourite dancer"

irehawk20

[6]Jun 27, 2012

Has anyone revealed the top dancers of season 9 yet?

DocKev

[7]Jul 15, 2012
    irehawk20 wrote:

DocKev wrote:
    DougClark2 wrote:

I'm not sure if that's going to work out right.

Ah, so the trick is that America will vote for individuals right away instead of couples. Otherwise, I think the scheme I described above is how they're proceeding. After meeting the Top 20 & seeing Week 1 of the competition, I think my favorite 3 guys so far are Cole, Dareian & Matthew; and my favorite 3 girls so far are Eliana, Lindsay & Audrey.

irehawk20

[8]Jul 16, 2012

First of all, let's see who is going to be eliminated this Wednesday, one guy and one girl.

The four hottest girls in this season are: Audrey, Lindsay, Tiffany and Witney. Can they become hot like Chelsie, Courtney and Katee of Season 4?

I don't know who are the hottest guys of Season 9 of this show. The two hottest guys so far are Mark and Gev of Season 4, of course.

irehawk20

[9]Aug 16, 2012

A lot of you fans were disappointed about Amelia's elimination last night. I know she is a good dancer, but I don't find her having enough matching talent with the other girls at all! Amelia is more matchable with the previous eliminated dancer, Amber.

Amelia's elimination was not as worst as these two bad past eliminations:

- Natalie (season 2)

- Pasha (season 3)

Of course, I was disappointed with Matthew being eliminated, but I will look forward on eliminating Will, along with Eliana, next week.