So You Think You Can Dance

mccar29

User Score: 1969

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews page 2 of 7

• True Dance competition

Have followed since season 1. To night WOW/omg. How do you pick someone? This whole show should get and Emmy. This years dancers...I have always voted. This year I can't pick between them. I am over joyed that there will be a gal and a guy. (Always should have been). The professionalism in dance, partnering, and music to choreography brought out everyone's best. Even the light hearted fun routines. For them to be able to dance with past (brilliant) participants is inspirational extra joy. Tonight was AWSOME ART!!!!! Seen the finale and the whole show should be nominated for an Emmy. This show doesn't get enough notoriety. Where is GMA and other info/talk who ha. These kids bleed themselves for this. I`d rather watch and ache with these upcomers than watch the comedy slash shows that only compete for the best 'come back` or crudity. THESE ARE THE NEW ARTISTS. LOVE IT!!!!
  • dance competition??

seems to me you change the rules for those with good talent but not overall good dancers..really!

easy breezy choriography and peachy judging..never criticism..really! amazing dancers go home and one stays who smiles like honey but not a good overall dancer at all really!! you gonna loose us as we notice you cater to some every year..it is a dance competion so quit changing to rules to suit someone YOU want! we feel like your cheating behind the scene its just not believable anymore..really come on were not stupid!
  • SYTYCD rigged for Cyrus

Just finished watching this weeks show. I don't believe for one second that Cyrus got more votes than Cole. This is such an insult to our intelligence. I have watched the show every season and never seen such lack of ability and talent as Cyrus. I am seriously considering not watching next year. I don't understand how the show can favor someone who didn't put the time or money into dance lessons basically a casual interest compared to the other dancers. How insulting! I find it curious that Nigel and Mary didn't comment on Cyrus's performance after the Broadway debacle. Hmmmmm.
  • SERIOUSLY!!!

Nothing against Cyrus BUT I thought this show was about DANCE!!! I have watched since the beginning and all the dancers had to do different types of dance--this has not been the case this year! We have watched the choreographers cater to Cyrus and his inability to do the basic dance moves. This has been unfair to the kids that were better than him and got sent home! I have LOVED this show in the past but this season has been a major let down!! Why didn't Cyrus have to do a CHA-CHA or Bollywood????? Also at the end of the program you should say vote for the person who you believe is the BEST dancer not your favorite!! This should be a compeition about dancing NOT about popularity!! I would really like Nigel to honestly tell us if they plan on bringing Cyrus back as an all star to pair up with future contestants? Seriously!!!!
  • The worst dancer that I ever seen on this show cyrus

I can't believe that cyrus is still on this show I'm shocked that he made it their are dancers that left that were 10 times better.I liked this up in till this season because of him so many better than him this season is not about the votes it's favorite's this year.
  • Timing and letching

SYTYCD has been my favorite show ever since the first year it was on. Ive even got my husband and friends addicted. However, this year, I think the timing is off, and I think it is dragging the emotions of the contestants and viewers. We should not have been watching Amber's best performance of the season so far--and one of the best that evening--and then had to see her let go based on votes from the previous week. I know there have been many conflicts (July 4, Olympics), but please, producers, use your creativity in the future to avoid the kind of strange let down we had around Amber. (and I do agree that none of those three should have been in the bottom three. But the timing made it worse.)

While I am at it, Nigel, I am a fan of your energy and discrimination. But sometimes you come across as too negative, almost pettish. My husband will say, "simon is having a bad night."

Are you thinking you need to be more Simon Cowell? I do not know anyone in my circle who liked him, and many just refused to watch the show because of his arrogant rudeness to the contestants. Simon Cowell is said to give great analysis? Really? Is that what these comments are? Wedding singer? Karaoke? Ocean liner singer? Simon Cowell was an arrogant bully and shame on him for such unhelpful and almost slurring feedback.

And Nigel, I love the humor among the judges, even the kissing! But your letchy comments to the female dancers just smack of dirty old man. Not cool.

And yet, I love the show and it is my fave.

Sasha
  • So, You Think You Can Suck

This is the most boring and dumb television program I have ever seen on my flat-screen television set. "FOX TELEVISION"'s newest dating show, "The Choice" with host Kat Dealey is way better than, "So, You Think You Can Suck."

I'd rather watch "Melissa & Joey" or "The Choice" than this slow-dancing, crappy music, & loud judges crap television program.

*I hate it when my sister watches this television program, it just makes we wanna scream.*

*I hate it when my brother-in-law watches the Tampa Bay Rays baseball games on "SunSports" that's another boring television program, that I can't stand to watch.

(I am a 17-year-old male & you would expect this to a young teenage man)
  • a show complaint

this show is so lame the only people that get to go to the next level are the ones that flop on the floor like a dying fish and dance like a ballerina and all of the people that do dance like that all do the same dance moves but all of the b boy and other styles all go to choreography or go home. The judges always say the same thing and don't have their own opinions. That is why this show should be called SO THIS SHOW IS TERRIBLE.
  • Best Dance Talent!

This is not like other casting shows. This is a television show for those who enjoy helping people with their passion, their expression, and to watch serious judges get down to business. Pressure, lights, camera, and talent! Great music selections!!!!!
  • Love It

I'm a fan from day 1 - looking forward to next season. Never missed an episode. It was a treat to see Lady Gaga on the show this year. Many performing artists must watch this show, looking for new talents.

Same goes for SYTYCD Canada, which, unfortunately, will not return, how sad.

• Is INTEGRITY still a concept on So You Think You Can Dance? Or is the judging for this show as crooked as that for Olympics Figure Skating? This show should be all about good dancing. Please producers: Keep it a dance contest, not a popularity contest!

I have been greatly enjoying So You Think You Can Dance this summer -- and that's saying something, as I am not the world's biggest TV watcher, by any means. The dancing is so exciting and until recently I think the judges have been spot-on. In fact, after seeing a number of episodes I've gotten pretty good at predicting what each judge will say after every performance (no kidding!) However, I feel that the show has really gone astray as it nears its season climax. Up to now, this show was solidly about dancing and the dancers' striving for excellence with the constructive criticism of the judges. Sadly, it is looking to me like the show has turned its back on dancing and has become a popularity contest instead. To prove my point: The hip-hop dancer Comfort was inexplicably kept on longer than she should have been and was finally voted off a couple weeks ago with some very cogent comments about her glaring lack of dance skill and technique outside of the hip-hop/crumping genre. Now all of a sudden she is back, ostensibly because another dancer, Jessica, has sustained some injuries and must temporarily retire from competition. After a disastrous attempt at a waltz, Comfort was given a hip-hop number to perform, at which (no surprise) she excelled. She squeaked through to become one of the final eight contestants beating out another dancer, charismatic Kherrigan, who, until the last episode, was pretty much flawless and a great performer. Kherrigan does not deserve to go down! She could literally dance rings around Comfort. So, I must conclude that this show is no longer about dancing. It really seems to me that someone behind the scenes for whatever reason is gunning for Comfort, despite the fact that she leaves a lot to be desired as a dancer. I think the producers of So You Think You Can Dance need to re-think their present course and bring back the integrity that was so apparent until recently. I have been watching this show with my nine-year-old daughter who has herself been dancing for five years (ballet, jazz, tap and acro). She lives for dancing, and even at her tender age she can see that Comfort is not up to scratch. It is very hard to explain to a starry-eyed, dance-mad nine-year-old why a superb dancer like Kherrigan gets knocked out of the competition by a lesser dancer. What's this biased judging teaching aspiring dancers like my little girl? Not to try? Excellence doesn't matter? You're doomed before you start so don't bother? It's so obvious Comfort brings the whole level of dancing on the show down, down, down. Producers, please take the high road. I assure you, your show will still be loved and enjoyed by millions if you keep the show about dancing, not popularity. Thank you for letting me have my say.
    HamiltonNance (rhymes with "Dance"!) in Canada
  • This is my FAVORITE competition show, well planned & good production.HOWEVER,"P-L-E-A-S-E" let Mia M. go back to teaching & leave the judging to Nigel, Adam & maybe Mary Murphy. Mia is HORRIBLE!

Mia Michaels, while I'm sure is trying to be the next female Simon Cowell, is rude, crass,unprofessional & embarrassing to listen to, she makes the show uncomfortable to watch.Jose is my favorite & even if he doesn't win will surely be a star in everything he tries, he's so honest, innocent, willing & just plain Adorable.He literally eats the camera & has his audiance begging for more. I'm sure there will be lots of BAD PRESS for Mia after tonights show.. Shame on you Mia, you stink as a judge, looks like all of the praise last season went to her HEAD!
  • Adecheke bashing night

The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show. The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show.
  • Please sell past episodes of the show.

Please sell past episodes of the show; there are so many of us fans waiting to buy all the seasons. It is hard to recall past dancers ad specific choreographers without the So You Think You Can Dance DVD's to refer back to. Love all the judges and miss Mary Murphy - so I'm glad she's coming back. Everything is perfect, we all just want to watch it more and want to refer back to specific dances and events. Looking forward to next season, can hardly wait. Why do i need 100 words, this is all i have to say
  • USED to be a rabid fan! Am so mad about new format I can barely watch the show and now don't care who wins each week.

HATE the new format! New stage is too small. Camera work is still bad. Amateurs shouldn't have to compete with Pros as partners because they will always look unpolished/bad. I used to care about partnerships and individuals and now I don't because my eye is always going to the pro - except in the case of Comfort who I can't believe they brought back cause she looks sloppy and sluggish. They used to praise the choreographers to choreographing to the couples strength. So how does that happen now when the pro is in their strength area and the contestant isn't?
  • I used to like this show more but the new stage is distracting

OK I love this show.I am not a dancer but it made me take lessons just for fun. I am actually an artist that works in film and set design and that was one of the things that really drew me into the show... now I am hooked but have the unfortunate task of looking at this horrible stage!! The size of the stage really isn't the biggest problem. It's all of the giant grid bars that light up and seem to interfere with the visual lines of the dancers. If they took off those neon grid bars that jut into the background I would at least be happier.

I also have to agree with others that the projections on the screen behind the stage are a big issue. I believe these images were the demise of Chaning and kept people from emotionally connecting with her routines. I love when they built sets and use them as props. Stick to that.

The new editing style is also obnoxious. The framing of Kat is bad and the camera work has become a bit strange- I think mostly in part because they are trying not to moiré the lines of the screen behind the dancers. Nevertheless- the moiré is still present alot.
  • My nickname is Ruth. This is my first time here. Hi everyone! I have fairly strong opinions about the media,society as a whole, and what we call "entertainment." But, please keep an open mind and try not to be judgmental towards me. I will do the same!

So much for my favorite show continuing to be my favorite show! I'm in the midst of watching "So You Think" and I just have to put an opinion down: The dancers are doing great, but the choreography (in general) has been abysmal! I don't like the way they're going with it AT ALL. Too many choppy, violent, unbecoming poses and moves! Yes, we love emotional dances, but I think they are trying to out-do one another and it is turning out badly, in my opinion. Jean Marc, as he would say "Come On People!" He has become so irritating! First of all, the man loves to hear himself talk. Please, stop! I used to really like him on the show, but no longer! I beg you, man, quit trying to control everything and everyone and stop talking so much! Quote from Jean Marc (for the sixth time in six dances),"First of all......I want you to give it up....for ___insert choreographer___ ." The audience ALREADY gave "IT" up,Jean Marc. -Of their own free will. Just do your job and stop pretending you are the king of the dancehall. I am so over you. ARGH! I sure hope the show gets better! ( On a positive note, Austin (who I really like for the top 3)and Melanie just did the waltz and it was danced beautifully) Thanks for letting me share, Ruth
  • Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!!

I used to love this show but now that season 6 is over and they announced the winner I am totally disappointed and just cannot undestand how ignorant they think Americans are. This show must be rigged. This result is humanly impossible...America got gipped! Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. Russel should have come in third place, maybe...This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!I am in disbeleif...When will justice overcome crime...I feel Jacob got robbed. I know I am just mumbeling away not but this is wrong in many ways.
  • Great show, terrible lighting

The dancers have been fantastic the choreography has been amazing. The only thing is that the backlighting is so bright it completely drowns out the dancers and you cannot see them. Please get the lighting on the dancers not behind them. I want to see the dancers not the glare of the lights. Other than that it has been a perfect season. The top four deserve to be there. The technique of Kayla was pure joy, the passion of Jeanine incited me to move, I've looked forward to Wednesday and Thursday with anticipation each and every week and feel the top four put on an amazing show... BUT THE LIGHTING!! WOW, change that!
  • I just started looking @ So you think you can dance this season. I regret never looking @ this Reality Show. I never knew that people had that much talent dancing. I can't wait until September for Season 6! Lil' C is gorgeous!

I love "So You Think You Can Dance". I hope the show stays on for a looooonnnnggg time! It going to get better & better every year! I notice that alot of people don't like this reality show. I can not dance like those people do on T.V., but yet...I will not talk bad about them. They can dance their ASSES OFF! So who am I to judge or talk about them. People need to see the show for what it is & give the show & dancers their Props!!! Sound like HATERS to me! Can't wait For Season 6!
  • A very good dancing show.

This show has come a long way since its beginnings... I can't even remenber the dancers from season one! But since season two, the dancers who come throught the show are just amazing. some of the dances are just AMAZING!!! I'm happy that the show has given a chance to dancers, my friend is a dancer and I can see how hard it can be to live by your talent.

I'm also happy that SYTYCD is a summer show, because every thing is off for the season and this is a great replacement, but why change it to fall?? Now I hace to much to watch!
  • bad choreography SHANE SPARKS

Shane Sparks must have had too much on his plate, Don't know why he had two couples?? bet they will end up in the bottom three though because of the choreography. bring back bollywood that was choreography!!!! next time I hope they will go all out and get more choreographers,at least one per dance couple. caitlin and Jason did a wonderful job on the bollywood number last week, which by the way is very hard to learn. this week they get stuck with half choreographed routine and now they are going to end up in the bottom three... So unfair
  • Love this show!

This is by far one of my top 3 favorite shows! I love how it challenges each dancer to learn different styles of dance. Max and Kayla were phenomenal!! I had to watch their Samba routine twice, it was so good. There are alot of really great dancers but my only grip about the show this year is that there is only one really great hip-hop/popper. At least last year there was the season ending dance-off between Robert Muraine and Phillip Chbeeb. That was just fantastic! Phillip made it this year, and I hope he does well. I am looking forward to lots of great choreography and new tunes too.
  • absolutaly love this show. its a mixture of amarican idol and dancing with the stars but better than both!! LOVE IT! :D

LOOOOVVVEE THIS SHOW. i think ill go on it some day. i hope it never ends. its coming on again in the fall!!! the judges have great personality and are totaly funny. Unlike amarican idol the whole show is good. im talking about the auditions, group rounds, and end. amarican idol gets boring at the end were on so you think you can dance it only gets better. The coreographers do a great job and are given credit on the show. the dances are AMAZING and i always have to rewind and see them again. I am always left super excided for the next week to come.
  • Prejudice Judges

Well, I have watched this show on occassion. Now for the absolute last time. The gay couple were very good dancers. Not professional but as good as some that were accepted. Yes, they had a mishap at the end of their audition. Who doesn't make mistakes. Well, this show did in my book. These "professional" judges ALL indicated they were confused because they could not tell who was leading. These judges are choosing who makes it to the show. Wow - they cant tell who is leading because it changes between two people. Good thing it wasn't a group dance. Sounds like "pro" judges to me. What a joke! Then the judges told them they would like to see them dance with girls. And paired them up with girls - only to bring the two guys back individually to tell them they did not make the show. The judges did not handle this situation with any professionalism. The guys should have never been bought back with the girls if neither were going to be accepted. Pure humiliation. I will not view this show in the future. But "thumbs up" to the guys for their courage!
  • I love it~! Constant surprises. ":) Hope it continues to be shown every year.

Every year when I see "So you think you can dance" it absolutely amazes me on how the dances can move their bodies in such a way and the emotions that seems to leap from the screen and slap you in the face to leave you speechless for at least ten(10) minutes at a time.

I think a Program like this is very important in our world of chaos. Besides the lights, music, Judges and fancy costumes, I think it's more than that. It shows the basic structure of what makes us human, celebration, expressionism, passion, enlightenment, commitment, sadness, happiness. These are "true" emotions that we hardly get to see on our screens today.

I would definitely rather see the raw emotions on "So you think you can dance" as opposed to a billion dollar Block Buster Film with award winning actors.

It's also great for the Community, Cultural understanding, personal achievement and yes it is extremely all round great viewing. A show that I hope will be around for my children to appreciate and maybe someday be on if they themselves choose the art of dance.
  • So You Think You Can Dance grows each season in talent and entertainment. The show is a combination of comedy from host, judges, and participants and interesting segments of dance, that shows what the individuals and teams are capable of.Better every time

So You Think You Can Dance is a creative mix between the dancing, the comedic effect, and the cast's growth and relationships. All three elements are shown throughout the show and make it an interesting success. The viewer has a chance to see different styles of dancing come together and perform on a single stage. Not only are there classic routines such as: the waltz, the rumba, ballroom, contemporary, and ballet; there are also more modern types: hip hop, Jazz, street dancing, and sometimes dances that are not categorized. To watch So You Think You Can Dance is in itself an appealing chance to observe the change our dancing is taking. This last season, viewers witnessed two street dancers as the top two, which was a great honor for them and gained respect for their dance choice. To see these two gentleman and others out of their comfort zone and perform so brilliantly was astounding and awe inspiring. I recommend this show to be watched, if even just once, for every season is a new surprise of talent and ambitions.
  • A hidden gem among reality shows.

SYTYCD should hardly be considered a reality show. It is like a real dance competition. I have a great deal of respect for many of the people on this show and what they do. It deserves more viewers than it has. The atheletism, stamina and focus it takes to be a dancer is comparable to professional atheletes and should be respected as much. It is incredibly entertaining, moving, funny; just totally dynamic to watch. It's unique because it takes dancers gifted in their own styles and has them compete in mostly different styles of dance. It takes alot of true earned talent to do. The choreography is really excellent and to pair it with a variety of dancers creates something magical to watch. It shows growth in skill and as a person which also makes it interesting to follow. I can't wait until next year I love this show.
  • I really like this show but I have 2 major complaints about it and want to know if anyone else feels the same...

Ok, I really do like the show, but what bugs the hell out of me about it is that its so pretentious and self-congradulatory. This show is so far up its own ass... After every single performance, the first thing out each judge's mouth is how great the cooreographer was, starts a round of applause for them, and then it cuts to the cooreographer in the audience and pat themselves on the back. It would be fine if it was only once in a while, for a few spectacular dance routines, but they do it after every single performance. The show is called So You Think You Can Dance, not So You Think You Can Cooreograph... The show's not supposed to be about them, its supposed to be about the dancers, The judges are so overly pleased with the show's production that they lose sight of that. Has anybody else noticed this? Is it just me, or is that extremely irritating? The only other gripe I have is the female judge who always sits in the middle (I forget her name)...She has the most annoying hyena-like cackle that she does and even worse is the ear-splitting scream when she really liked the performance, yelling something stupid like "You're on the hot tomale train - yes you are!" Whenever its her turn to speak after a routine, I just turn the volume down by at least half before she starts wailing away otherwise her voice is like a rusty nail scraping across my brian. Does she annoy the hell out of anyone else? Those are my two big complaints about the show...but other than that, I still really like it. Twitch and Katee have been my favorites since I first saw them in the auditions. It really sucked when Twitch was in the bottom 2 last week and Will was voted out.
  • Okay show.

I think this is a okay show to watch. Sometimes it's good. I like it how oriningal people with talent in dancing can autdition for the show!
    What I love about this show is that they include different types of dances the contestants have to learn.
    What I don't like are the 1)judges. Nigel is good, but Mary Murphy? UGHH. I hate hearing her scream! It makes me want to rip my ear off. The choreographer (sp?) judge is always honest except Mia this season (4). She trashes every female dancer and should be fired emidietly or should only choreograph. 2) Cat Deely. She is 100% annoying at every beginning of the show. It'd be funny if she says "And here are your...?" and no one answers :P
    3) Some of the style dances can get really boring to watch.

Overall, okay show. Sometimes it can get good.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7