So You Think You Can Dance

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

User Score: 1998

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews page 4 of 7

• I know I can't dance, that's why I love to watch people that can.

So You Think You Can Dance? is a really fun show to watch. I mean, aside from them showing people that really have no business trying out for the show (which in itself is very entertaining), the most impressive part of the show to me are those truley talented dancers that put their all into the competition. I do like most all of the judges as well, except for the one with the crazy laugh.... she scares me. The thing I like about the judging is that it doesn't seem staged or that people are just going with the flow of the other judges. Either you're good, mediocre, or you stink, and each one will tell you what they think. And from their decisions to the last bit of the competition, it seems they make great choices because it's always fun to see who comes out as number one.
  • I love it more than American Idol...

In this show, dancers compete to prove to America that they are the best. Every week, two people (one guy and one girl) from the original top twenty are eliminated. Elimination generally changes every season, so I won't go into great detail with that.

Why do i like this better than American Idol? Well, first of all, there is a less likely chance than another Sanjaya will rear its ugly head and ruin the show for me (although Cedric came close). Also, dancing is something you can only do if you enjoy it. For singing, most people just do it for the fame, but in dancing, there are lots of injuries, discouragement, and pain to endure, so only if you truly love it can you succeed. So we know that these people don't just want the $200,000 (that is how much they win, right?) and fame. They have something called passion. And besides, dancing is twice as much fun to watch as singing!!
  • this show is so cool, just ever y wekk it gets better and bettter.

From FOX, the creators of American Idol and the producers of American Bandstand and The American Music Awards comes So You Think You Can Dance.

In its sophomore season, this show is offering the winner a one year contract for Celine Dion's Vegas show, a brand new car and $100K cash. Contestants perform a particular style of dance each week with a partner. The audience votes on their favorite couple leaving the 3 couples with the least votes up for elimination. After each dancer performs a solo of their choice for the judges, one male and one female contestant are up for elimination.this show is so cool every week.
  • A dance show with dancers,choreographers,and cute guys.

i love this show!!i really just started wathing it at the end of season 2 but am still a big fan.My two favorites in season 3 are Pasha and Neil because of their dancing,personalities and looks.This show has amazing choreographers who creat amazing dances.Three of my favorite choreographers are Shane Sparks,Wade Robson,and Mia Michaels.In season 3 Benji choreographed a routine for Pasha and Sara it was of the west coast swing he was funny as usual and the dance was great.The judges are really funny to me. Adam Shankman who is sometimes a guest judge and is the director and choreographer of Hairspray is pretty funny to me.This is a show that i always hate to miss.
  • The perfect example of a perfect reality show.

I first heard about the show last year, but didn't really pay any attention to it because I'm just not into dancing.
    A few months ago, I was desperate to find the perfect summer show, so I watched the season premiere. Yeah, it was okay, just like any auditions (American Idol, America's got talent etc.), but once the performance shows started, I was simply amazed by how brilliant, smart and fun show full of extraordinary talent this is.

And why is that? First of all, who doesn't like Cat Deeley? Okay, maybe someone thinks she isn't a great host, but she is a person you just can't hate. Then you have the panel of jIdges ( :D ), and they are everything a panel of judges should be: They're experienced, they're not annoying in any way, they're lovable and funny. Yeah, okay, the third judge is always a different person, but they're all great: Dan Karaty, Shane Sparks, Mia Michaels, Wade Robson, Adam Shankman, Debbie Allen... :) Finally, you have the extraordinary talent. Every single dancer in the top 20 was special, unique and deserved their spot. There are no Sanjayas in this competition, and that's what I simply love about this show. It's all about talent and personality. I really hope SYTYCD won't become like American Idol - the judges there and Seacrest - they're full of themselves because Idol is the biggest hit on television right now, and it's really not just about the singing anymore - it's about Simon Cowell and it's about Sanjayas. Season 3 ends in less than 2 weeks. What really scares me is the fact that I won't have my regular fix of SYTYCD until next June! And that's 10 months away! :(

People, watch this show! :)))
  • Various dances, various point of views!

I like "So You Think You Can Dance" because of the various types of dances that are in it. You never know what to expect, especially with the live performances. As you watch it, you just kind of think to yourself, "Did they just mess up?" But they just keep going. A lot of them, after getting kicked off the show, are like, "Just thank you for the opportunity." A lot of them are pretty young and you get a chance to see them mature on the show. However, there are a few who you can't help but wonder how they made it as far as they did.
  • I LOVE this show!

This is a great show. Very entertaining. I'm not usually a big fan of "reality" shows per say, but I do like this. I'm a big fan of dancing. And to be able to see all of these different routines, and different types of dance that I didn't know existed? It's great. It's also an added bonus to be able to see the "Dance for your Life" solos. To be able to see each take on their own style that the dancers have. I like how even though the dancers may claim to dance the same style, but their solos are completely different. I joined the show late (season 2), but I will definitely continue to watch it.

Plus, who couldn't love all the attractive people they seem to have on the show? Contestants and Choreographers alike.
  • wow, i could never do that, that is good!!!

okay, how can they learn that in only five hours, c'mon how can it be done, all i hat is the super long commercial, it's like okay GET BACK to the SHOW!!!! like now, i dont care if you can wire money into my accont, or it 199 down delivers, or even if bones is on at 8 on friday, i am watching So you think you can dance, how can you expect me to care, ya know what i mean. it is hard to tell who will win because every one ROCKS!!!! (i want Hok to win, he's cute!!)
  • I love this show!

This show is really my summer love.( In the name of Justin Timberlake.) This show brings together the best of the best. And, they dance. I love it. Personally, I think this show is way BETTER than American Idol! The judges are much better too. They're better at spotting talent I mean! This show IN season 3 has had the best Top 20. Dancers like Lacey + Sara. Are the pure reason why I watch this show. They pour out personality, and flair, and TALENT! I hope that the show keeps running. Because, I look forward to this every week!
  • Wow they are good!

I love this show because I love to dance. It is so fun and I think that hip hop dancing should be an Olympic sport. It is really cool with all that motion and such stuff like that. I could watch a class of hip hop dancers all day maybe. Probably. Most definetly! Yeah I really think this show is cool and hey producers. I have something to say. Yeah I think I can dance! I love dancing it rocks. But I like other sports more though. Sorry. But dancing is still one of the greatest sports ever. Bye bye!
  • From the same producers of "American Idol", this show focuses on dancers. Based on a similar format as "Idol", SYTYCD enables the viewers to vote for their favorites.

"So You Think You Can Dance" is produced by the same people who brought you "American Idol", only obviously, this show is for dancers. Does this mean that you will see your share of bad auditions? Absolutely. Unlike AI, however, those brought into the top twenty are undeniably talented in their own style of dancing. Then again, that could be my lack of dancing knowledge speaking. Dancers are paired together randomly, and draw a style of dancing out of a hat. All dancers must show that they are skilled and can dance other genres, not only their own. Contemporary, jazz, waltz, and hip-hop are only a few genres that the dancers will do week after week. Many choreographers are given the chance to work with the contestants, and pure magic is sometimes formed.

Viewers are given the chance to vote for their favorite (not necessarily the best) to keep them in the competition. The bottom three couples will then "dance for their lives". The three judges will make a decision based strictly on their twenty second solo, and decide who will be sent home.

Reality talent show junkies such as myself will enjoy this show.
  • not very entertaining...

I tried a couple of times to watch this show, but I couldn't watch it for more than a few minutes each time. The host is so annoying and her voice is just irritating. The judging part is mildy intersting. The dancers dance, whoopie...it's just boreing to me. It's another American Idol show and I'm just tired of it. The only thing I actually liked about it was Benji, which I think won last season. He was pretty interesting and funny and made the show a bit interesting. Overall, though, the show is just unorigonal and irritating and I'd honestly rather watch nothing than it.
  • It started three years ago and ever since has grown. It's about twenty dancers competing for the prize of America's Favorite Dance. In the show the contestant's battle it out with different styles of dance until they find America's Favorite dance.

So you think you can dance started out slow and with the new found popularity, it has started to become one of the best Reality shows to date. Thousands of dancers are chosen from five cities in America to go to Las Vegas, where the Judges, along with the Choreographers, help cut it down to the twenty best. Once the top twenty are chosen, they are given a famous choreographer each week as they create a routine that is later preformed on stage live all over North America. Many dancers end up learning different styles of dance and is one of the most entertaining shows on television. as the process continues, only one dancer will be called America's Favorite Dancer. Who will it be this year?
  • Another reality show.

I have to say although this is another Amercan Idol type of show these guys can really dance. I especially the hip hop dancers and break dancers they are awesome. This is however the only bits i like to watch and i think the rest of the show is a complete waste of time. Stop making trashy reality shows because they are sooo boring. Like look at the search for the next pussycat dolls - absolutely boring. I do like watching a couple of reality shows but not too many. So 2 thumbs up for all the hip hop and break dancers!
  • Ok... it's American Idol for dancers. So?

In the entertainment world of reality tv and game shows, SYTYCD is just Idol for dancers. But that is perfectly fine with me.

Certainly the concept if very clear. Ask for all the good dancers in the US. Pick the top 20. And then week by week, eliminate those that don't perform.

The best angle on the show is the viewers don't get to make the final decision. The judges choose who goes home each week from the three lowest-scoring vote getters. This is a good idea because it helps keep the "good quality" dancers there, and avoids the fans from completely screwing with the contestants.

However, the one thing I dislike (which is unavoidable) is the winner goes off, never to be scene again. For Idol, you'll end up hearing about the winner on the radio, and their new songs get played. But here, the dancer is never to be heard from again, at least not until the show comes back the follow season. But, I guess where would you see any "popular" dancer.
  • A Great Show in television.

This show is a great one, and when I first saw this show I thought that it wasn't a good one. But then I started watching a few episodes of it and then thought that it was one great show. Also in this show the people dance and I like that because their moves look awesome and enjoyable to watch. I think that the people that participate in this show might have sacrificed themselves to do all those moves that I think of them as really cool ones. The show is great even though some people have gotten eliminated, but the show is still enjoyable and fun to watch.
  • I just can't belive this show !

3.9
    I can't belive they kicked of Jesus and kept cedric . That is BS ! He does not know how to dance Jesus did know how to ! I am a dancer and that is not fare just because he is black and everyone was sorry for they voted for him ! I just can't belive that ! That means they kept him and kick off good dancers ! I just can't belive people would vote for him . Jesus was so good ! I feel bad for him ! I hope goes somewhere else ! Cedric gives dancers a bad name !
  • Love this show!

When American Idol was over, I was like, hey there's a new show and it's made by the same person Simon Fuller so I decided to check it out. I loved it by the first episode even the auditions. This show is amazing! The winner gets a quarter of a million dollars, a brand new car, and the title of America's favorite dancer! First off, the judges are awesome! And the choreographers as well. I mean, Mia Michaels is an amazing one I dislike contemporary but she is just amazing! And the dancers that make it, there also amzing I mean when people say it can't compare to AI there wrong cuz it can! One thing that I like about it better is that the judges kinda get the final say in the whole thing, there placed in the bottom two/three by America, but the judges get to decide who goes home. All in all, love it! Ten.
  • This is a nice family show.

I like this show because I love to see these people dance. The passion that they dance with is so beautiful. They all look like professionals, kind of. It is a family type of show good for kids. I really really really really really really like it a whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot. It's really that nice.
  • Wow amazing show

Wow this show is so amazing. I don't think I have ever enjoyed watching a 2 hour premiere this much.Unlike American Idol you have to be very good at what you do not just have a great personality.It was almost like it went by to fast. When I first watched this show in the first season I couldn't get in to it. But now watching it they all dance with such feeling it hard not to enjoy it.You can tell when they are enjoying themselves or not. I also realized that you can actually be moved when watching someone dance.
  • Not the best choise!

6.4
    really enjoyed the show; however, again another disappointment like American Idol this is a show of personality and not talent. Travis by far is the better dancer than Benji - He is a natural - it was very obvious when you watched him. Either the majority of people are not very rhythm oriented or they vote on personality alone. Also Natilie was by far the best female dancer - her moves were natural. They both were like plants - nature - flowing in the wind and it is too bad votes are cast on personality and not talent - as that is what these shows are about talent. The judges were way too harsh on Natalie; however, I do believe she possibly wanted to be voted off, as she could have ruined her leg for dancing and she is such a beautiful dancer it would be a shame for that to happen. They said she had gone downhill the last three weeks; well, that is when she hurt her leg - she had a large amount of courage to get out there and do what she did with the injury to her knee along with all the practicing that went with it. With more shows of this sort coming up since they are so popular I really hope America will take the blinders off and look at the talent being displayed and not the personalities......
  • Not as good as American Idol, but I still love this show.

So You Think You Can Dance is a reality show. The creators of American Idol created this show. I don't think that this show is as good as American Idol, but I still love this show. I started watching this show in the first Season when the voting started. I never watchd the auditions. I may of only saw some of them. My favorite contestants from Season 1 are Melody Lacayanga and Nick Lazzarini. My fave contestants from Season 2 are Allison Holker, Travis Wall, Benji Schwimmer, and Donyelle Jones. I haven't watched much of this season yet. Maybe only 2 episodes.
  • I looove this show.Now I am a dance,Benji and Donyelle fan.I told my husband that I am going to leave him and learn how to dance.But because of my son I decided to do this later.It's perfect to feel like this in my age.Love everyone from Turkey...

I looove this show.Now I am a dance,Benji and Donyelle fan.I told my husband that I am going to leave him and learn how to dance.But because of my son I decided to do this later.It's perfect to feel like this in my age.thank you Nigel,Shane, Mary ,Mia for this fabulous show. Love everyone from Turkey...
  • People show off their best dance moves to compete to be the top of the top.

OMG! I love this show! It's so much fun to watch. I can't believe some of the dance moves that these people can do. I also enjoy seeing new different types of dancing. I enjoy watching in because it's entertaining and no stop action. However, I find the judges are extremely similar to those of American Idol. My favorite type of dance to watch is hiphop or street dancing. I find it amazing to find that so of these people have been dancing for 16 years! I can't wait to see that top 20. So You Think You Can Dance ROX!
  • awesome show

recently in australia they aired on a network so you think you can dance, and i was wondering what the hell is this show about, so i watched the first episode and it was fun and rather interesting. and i hadnt missed one episode. it was the season is which that dancer benji won. i think he was acceptinally great dancer. i really loved his style. And i hadnt even know of the many different dances until i started watching it. i like the hip hop and contemoporery. i hope they have more of that show in australia, cause its a really awsome show.
  • Just Ok.

I watched this show only once, and I cant say i'm impressed. It reminds me of American idol, I dont like how they have a 'randy' 'paula' and 'simon' kind of judges. It's like it's a replacement for when American idol is inbetween seasons. I know it's about dancing instead of singing, but still.....The only really enjoyable thing I saw on this show was the dancer called 'sex' he was really creepy, but it was definatly the highlight of the show as far as I'm concerned. I want him to try out for American idol, that would be very intersting to see.
  • The only reality show worth your time.

So You Think You Can Dance is the only current reality show that actually requires the participants to possess talent. It is a joy to watch throughout the whole season; from the comedic first episodes of the usual wannabes to the final nail-biting performances of some of the nation's best dancers. The choreography is stunning, the music is infectious, and the dancing is tight and gorgeous. This is no Dancing With the Washed-Up Third Rate Celebrities. These are professionals perfecting the art. Believe me, the good episodes will have your pulse racing and your fingers searching the phone book for pase doble lessons.
  • This show rocks!!!!!!! Benjelle Forever!!!!!!! Still riding the S.S. Benjelle.

This show is the best reality show ever. I have been counting down til season 3 and now it's here. The dancing is great and the people and i will forever love season two. I hope that season 3 can live up to season two. I love benji still and i am very glad he won because he is doing great thing with the money he got. Benjelle forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • In this show, guys are paired with girls, and they are given a style of dance and the choreography to go with it and they have to go on stage and kill it in front of a crowd and a panel of judges.

So You Think You Can Dance lives on!
    This show is totally amazing! No matter what these people pull out of the hat, they all try their hardest and keep at it to see if they can come out on top in the end. It really shows people how big a part performance plays in the life of a dancer. Just knowing the choreography and having the technique doesn't make you a good dancer. What makes you a good dancer is being able to go on stage and sell any choreography that you are given, so that people with out dance backgrounds say, 'man, I want to dance.' It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't perform.
    Even if you think this show is the most boring thing ever, (which I defienitly don't!) you at least take away from it that dance isn't as easy as it looks. And that's what makes this show a good show. It is a must see!
    And... if you don't watch it for the dance, you should watch it for the guys because let me tell you, they have some good ones. Like last season with Ivan... bust a move Ivan!
  • Read this review written by pro choreographer, dancer and critic Leah Walker-Masson.

"So You Think You Can Dance" is a great challenge to any dancer's versatility. Any dancer that can range through the ballroom disciplines, move from contemporary to ballroom and classical forms to a parallel and turned-in Fosse stylized Jazz is a skilled technician. A great performer? That is another thing all together. Being a good entertainer, of course, depends on the dancer's comfort level, skill level and audience experience, but also depends heavily on the choreographers' talent and artistry in this particular competition. The Waltz and the Quickstep choreographer on the Tuesday, April 10th episode gave dancers that may not have had the widest range in the first place, a difficult task to "sell" the pieces. A task that can be equated with trying to sell a bad painting painted by someone I've never heard of. All the paint is on the canvas, (or all the steps are in the dance) but it just doesn't look good; It's just not put together well. However, some of the choreographers in this competition SHINE, and no matter how much of an expert in their craft they are, (and they are), they have proven ARTISTS, and a dancer could sell their work to ANYONE!
    Ups and downs.. watch the Dancers and don't vote if you don't know anything about dance... it's not fair to the skilled dancers who get bad choreo. If you don't have dance or dance-watching experience you won't be looking for the right things that make the winner a deserving one! Enjoy! -de Leah Walker-Masson.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7