So You Think You Can Dance

mccar29

User Score: 1969

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews page 4 of 7

• Wow they are good!

I love this show because I love to dance. It is so fun and I think that hip hop dancing should be an Olympic sport. It is really cool with all that motion and such stuff like that. I could watch a class of hip hop dancers all day maybe. Probably. Most definetly! Yeah I really think this show is cool and hey producers. I have something to say. Yeah I think I can dance! I love dancing it rocks. But I like other sports more though. Sorry. But dancing is still one of the greatest sports ever. Bye bye!
  • From the same producers of "American Idol", this show focuses on dancers. Based on a similar format as "Idol", SYTYCD enables the viewers to vote for their favorites.

"So You Think You Can Dance" is produced by the same people who brought you "American Idol", only obviously, this show is for dancers. Does this mean that you will see your share of bad auditions? Absolutely. Unlike AI, however, those brought into the top twenty are undeniably talented in their own style of dancing. Then again, that could be my lack of dancing knowledge speaking. Dancers are paired together randomly, and draw a style of dancing out of a hat. All dancers must show that they are skilled and can dance other genres, not only their own. Contemporary, jazz, waltz, and hip-hop are only a few genres that the dancers will do week after week. Many choreographers are given the chance to work with the contestants, and pure magic is sometimes formed.

Viewers are given the chance to vote for their favorite (not necessarily the best) to keep them in the competition. The bottom three couples will then "dance for their lives". The three judges will make a decision based strictly on their twenty second solo, and decide who will be sent home.

Reality talent show junkies such as myself will enjoy this show.
  • not very entertaining...

I tried a couple of times to watch this show, but I couldn't watch it for more than a few minutes each time. The host is so annoying and her voice is just irritating. The judging part is mildy intersting. The dancers dance, whoopie...it's just boreing to me. It's another American Idol show and I'm just tired of it. The only thing I actually liked about it was Benji, which I think won last season. He was pretty interesting and funny and made the show a bit interesting. Overall, though, the show is just unorigonal and irritating and I'd honestly rather watch nothing than it.
  • It started three years ago and ever since has grown. It's about twenty dancers competing for the prize of America's Favorite Dance. In the show the contestant's battle it out with different styles of dance until they find America's Favorite dance.

So you think you can dance started out slow and with the new found popularity, it has started to become one of the best Reality shows to date. Thousands of dancers are chosen from five cities in America to go to Las Vegas, where the Judges, along with the Choreographers, help cut it down to the twenty best. Once the top twenty are chosen, they are given a famous choreographer each week as they create a routine that is later preformed on stage live all over North America. Many dancers end up learning different styles of dance and is one of the most entertaining shows on television. as the process continues, only one dancer will be called America's Favorite Dancer. Who will it be this year?
  • Another reality show.

I have to say although this is another Amercan Idol type of show these guys can really dance. I especially the hip hop dancers and break dancers they are awesome. This is however the only bits i like to watch and i think the rest of the show is a complete waste of time. Stop making trashy reality shows because they are sooo boring. Like look at the search for the next pussycat dolls - absolutely boring. I do like watching a couple of reality shows but not too many. So 2 thumbs up for all the hip hop and break dancers!
  • Ok... it's American Idol for dancers. So?

In the entertainment world of reality tv and game shows, SYTYCD is just Idol for dancers. But that is perfectly fine with me.

Certainly the concept if very clear. Ask for all the good dancers in the US. Pick the top 20. And then week by week, eliminate those that don't perform.

The best angle on the show is the viewers don't get to make the final decision. The judges choose who goes home each week from the three lowest-scoring vote getters. This is a good idea because it helps keep the "good quality" dancers there, and avoids the fans from completely screwing with the contestants.

However, the one thing I dislike (which is unavoidable) is the winner goes off, never to be scene again. For Idol, you'll end up hearing about the winner on the radio, and their new songs get played. But here, the dancer is never to be heard from again, at least not until the show comes back the follow season. But, I guess where would you see any "popular" dancer.
  • A Great Show in television.

This show is a great one, and when I first saw this show I thought that it wasn't a good one. But then I started watching a few episodes of it and then thought that it was one great show. Also in this show the people dance and I like that because their moves look awesome and enjoyable to watch. I think that the people that participate in this show might have sacrificed themselves to do all those moves that I think of them as really cool ones. The show is great even though some people have gotten eliminated, but the show is still enjoyable and fun to watch.
  • I just can't belive this show !

3.9
    I can't belive they kicked of Jesus and kept cedric . That is BS ! He does not know how to dance Jesus did know how to ! I am a dancer and that is not fare just because he is black and everyone was sorry for they voted for him ! I just can't belive that ! That means they kept him and kick off good dancers ! I just can't belive people would vote for him . Jesus was so good ! I feel bad for him ! I hope goes somewhere else ! Cedric gives dancers a bad name !
  • Love this show!

When American Idol was over, I was like, hey there's a new show and it's made by the same person Simon Fuller so I decided to check it out. I loved it by the first episode even the auditions. This show is amazing! The winner gets a quarter of a million dollars, a brand new car, and the title of America's favorite dancer! First off, the judges are awesome! And the choreographers as well. I mean, Mia Michaels is an amazing one I dislike contemporary but she is just amazing! And the dancers that make it, there also amzing I mean when people say it can't compare to AI there wrong cuz it can! One thing that I like about it better is that the judges kinda get the final say in the whole thing, there placed in the bottom two/three by America, but the judges get to decide who goes home. All in all, love it! Ten.
  • This is a nice family show.

I like this show because I love to see these people dance. The passion that they dance with is so beautiful. They all look like professionals, kind of. It is a family type of show good for kids. I really really really really really really like it a whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole whole lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot. It's really that nice.
  • Wow amazing show

Wow this show is so amazing. I don't think I have ever enjoyed watching a 2 hour premiere this much.Unlike American Idol you have to be very good at what you do not just have a great personality.It was almost like it went by to fast. When I first watched this show in the first season I couldn't get in to it. But now watching it they all dance with such feeling it hard not to enjoy it.You can tell when they are enjoying themselves or not. I also realized that you can actually be moved when watching someone dance.
  • Not the best choise!

6.4
    really enjoyed the show; however, again another disappointment like American Idol this is a show of personality and not talent. Travis by far is the better dancer than Benji - He is a natural - it was very obvious when you watched him. Either the majority of people are not very rhythm oriented or they vote on personality alone. Also Natilie was by far the best female dancer - her moves were natural. They both were like plants - nature - flowing in the wind and it is too bad votes are cast on personality and not talent - as that is what these shows are about talent. The judges were way too harsh on Natalie; however, I do believe she possibly wanted to be voted off, as she could have ruined her leg for dancing and she is such a beautiful dancer it would be a shame for that to happen. They said she had gone downhill the last three weeks; well, that is when she hurt her leg - she had a large amount of courage to get out there and do what she did with the injury to her knee along with all the practicing that went with it. With more shows of this sort coming up since they are so popular I really hope America will take the blinders off and look at the talent being displayed and not the personalities......
  • Not as good as American Idol, but I still love this show.

So You Think You Can Dance is a reality show. The creators of American Idol created this show. I don't think that this show is as good as American Idol, but I still love this show. I started watching this show in the first Season when the voting started. I never watchd the auditions. I may of only saw some of them. My favorite contestants from Season 1 are Melody Lacayanga and Nick Lazzarini. My fave contestants from Season 2 are Allison Holker, Travis Wall, Benji Schwimmer, and Donyelle Jones. I haven't watched much of this season yet. Maybe only 2 episodes.
  • I looove this show.Now I am a dance,Benji and Donyelle fan.I told my husband that I am going to leave him and learn how to dance.But because of my son I decided to do this later.It's perfect to feel like this in my age.Love everyone from Turkey...

I looove this show.Now I am a dance,Benji and Donyelle fan.I told my husband that I am going to leave him and learn how to dance.But because of my son I decided to do this later.It's perfect to feel like this in my age.thank you Nigel,Shane, Mary ,Mia for this fabulous show. Love everyone from Turkey...
  • People show off their best dance moves to compete to be the top of the top.

OMG! I love this show! It's so much fun to watch. I can't believe some of the dance moves that these people can do. I also enjoy seeing new different types of dancing. I enjoy watching in because it's entertaining and no stop action. However, I find the judges are extremely similar to those of American Idol. My favorite type of dance to watch is hiphop or street dancing. I find it amazing to find that so of these people have been dancing for 16 years! I can't wait to see that top 20. So You Think You Can Dance ROX!
  • awesome show

recently in australia they aired on a network so you think you can dance, and i was wondering what the hell is this show about, so i watched the first episode and it was fun and rather interesting. and i hadnt missed one episode. it was the season is which that dancer benji won. i think he was acceptinally great dancer. i really loved his style. And i hadnt even know of the many different dances until i started watching it. i like the hip hop and contemoporery. i hope they have more of that show in australia, cause its a really awsome show.
  • Just Ok.

I watched this show only once, and I cant say i'm impressed. It reminds me of American idol, I dont like how they have a 'randy' 'paula' and 'simon' kind of judges. It's like it's a replacement for when American idol is inbetween seasons. I know it's about dancing instead of singing, but still.....The only really enjoyable thing I saw on this show was the dancer called 'sex' he was really creepy, but it was definatly the highlight of the show as far as I'm concerned. I want him to try out for American idol, that would be very intersting to see.
  • The only reality show worth your time.

So You Think You Can Dance is the only current reality show that actually requires the participants to possess talent. It is a joy to watch throughout the whole season; from the comedic first episodes of the usual wannabes to the final nail-biting performances of some of the nation's best dancers. The choreography is stunning, the music is infectious, and the dancing is tight and gorgeous. This is no Dancing With the Washed-Up Third Rate Celebrities. These are professionals perfecting the art. Believe me, the good episodes will have your pulse racing and your fingers searching the phone book for pase doble lessons.
  • This show rocks!!!!!!! Benjelle Forever!!!!!!! Still riding the S.S. Benjelle.

This show is the best reality show ever. I have been counting down til season 3 and now it's here. The dancing is great and the people and i will forever love season two. I hope that season 3 can live up to season two. I love benji still and i am very glad he won because he is doing great thing with the money he got. Benjelle forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • In this show, guys are paired with girls, and they are given a style of dance and the choreography to go with it and they have to go on stage and kill it in front of a crowd and a panel of judges.

So You Think You Can Dance lives on!
    This show is totally amazing! No matter what these people pull out of the hat, they all try their hardest and keep at it to see if they can come out on top in the end. It really shows people how big a part performance plays in the life of a dancer. Just knowing the choreography and having the technique doesn't make you a good dancer. What makes you a good dancer is being able to go on stage and sell any choreography that you are given, so that people with out dance backgrounds say, 'man, I want to dance.' It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't perform.
    Even if you think this show is the most boring thing ever, (which I defienitly don't!) you at least take away from it that dance isn't as easy as it looks. And that's what makes this show a good show. It is a must see!
    And... if you don't watch it for the dance, you should watch it for the guys because let me tell you, they have some good ones. Like last season with Ivan... bust a move Ivan!
  • Read this review written by pro choreographer, dancer and critic Leah Walker-Masson.

"So You Think You Can Dance" is a great challenge to any dancer's versatility. Any dancer that can range through the ballroom disciplines, move from contemporary to ballroom and classical forms to a parallel and turned-in Fosse stylized Jazz is a skilled technician. A great performer? That is another thing all together. Being a good entertainer, of course, depends on the dancer's comfort level, skill level and audience experience, but also depends heavily on the choreographers' talent and artistry in this particular competition. The Waltz and the Quickstep choreographer on the Tuesday, April 10th episode gave dancers that may not have had the widest range in the first place, a difficult task to "sell" the pieces. A task that can be equated with trying to sell a bad painting painted by someone I've never heard of. All the paint is on the canvas, (or all the steps are in the dance) but it just doesn't look good; It's just not put together well. However, some of the choreographers in this competition SHINE, and no matter how much of an expert in their craft they are, (and they are), they have proven ARTISTS, and a dancer could sell their work to ANYONE!
    Ups and downs.. watch the Dancers and don't vote if you don't know anything about dance... it's not fair to the skilled dancers who get bad choreo. If you don't have dance or dance-watching experience you won't be looking for the right things that make the winner a deserving one! Enjoy! -de Leah Walker-Masson.
  • So You Think You Can Dance is a nation-wide search for America's favorite dancer. Dancers are tested in a diverse range of dance styles, including hip-hop, contemporary, ballroom, pop, salsa, broadway, and more!

Finally, a show that features a search for DANCE talent, not just a showcase of wannabees! Unlike the other dancing shows, this show features a search for REAL dancers. Like American Idol, there will be the jokers that show up in the early auditions, but once the finalists are picked, it's pure entertainment. It is also a great family program since dance styles range from things the kids will like (hip-hop, pop) on up to stuff for the more refined pallet (ballroom, lyrical)... and plenty of great styles in between. I can't wait until it's on again next summer!
  • an okay show, could be better

6.4
    when i watched this, a thought came to me, i've seen this before, like in bump 'n' grind. i liked the show its just thier just repeating things over again, the new series is kay, but there are is soo much things better to do with my time then watch another dance realty show. only one thing to say and thats get some originality. i would recommend watching something thats not going to bore u or make u think, have i seen this before or have these people realy came up with something good. i say it only gets a total of 6 and thats genereous.
  • Ahhh! I love this show!

Although I have only watched the last season of So You Think You can dance, I LOVED IT! This season was so good and it had the best contestants! I can’t believe that this show was over; I was so disappointed because I wanted more! I was a little upset when Travis didn’t win but I will get over it sooner or later (maybe never) this show really has all the essential qualities of the best reality show, it had one of the highest ratings FOX has every had and it was just one of the best shows ever! I can’t wait until it comes back! I hope So You Think You Can Dance is better next season because I will definitely put it in my TV schedule!
  • Reality, Fascinating, Tall cold drink!!!

This show is definately a guilty pleasure for me. I'm usually NOT a fan of reality TV, however growing up a dancer, I have a special affinity for this program. (In addition, it's on in the summer months when everything else is re-runs, can't beat it) I just adore the try-outs, the good the bad, and the downright fascinatingly UgLy!!! I think the judges do a superb job. I enjoyed the announcer from the first season better than I like Cat Deeley ... but eh ... I can overlook that. The dancers are phenomenal people. Some of them are catty and others are so warm and personable. It's always fun to see the backstage drama. All in all a double thumbs up for this tall cold drink on a hot summer's night!!!
  • A great dancing show.

So You Think You Can Dance is and amazing show. After American Idol came out I thought ‘wouldn’t it be cool if they made a dance show like this’, so when I first heard about So You Think You Can Dance, I just could wait to watch it. I myself am a dancer and I just love watching the dances and critiquing them myself, then hear what the judges have to say and realize they think the same way, or I might totally disagree with them. I can’t wait until I am old enough to audition for the show because it is amazing! If you haven't seen this show yet, then start watching it.
  • Fantastic!

I wonder who thought of this show. Its so good. I love to see the different styles of dancing and the change that all the competitors make during training. It changes your views of dancing. I love to see how some of them make huge leap and some there is no change at all. One thing I would love for the judges to be a little more in depth with their comments, they are a little to hazy. Great show though!
  • Get this show off T.V. this instant

People dancing, ohhhhh I've got to watch that (For those of you who are incredibly thick or are viewers of this show, that was extreme sarcasm). American Idol but with dancing instead of singing, "Idol" sucks as it is, but to make a copycat show? That is low. There is way too many reality shows on T.V. at the moment, and 99.99% of them suck out loud. I am going to use the rest of my word count to bash this show.
    This show doesn't even deserve to be called a show, I would rather watch crap decompose than punish myself by even watching a commercial for this show.
  • Absolutely love it!

It's completely weird...I never remember seeing anything on this show during the first season it aired. Never at all, and I watch a lot of tv. So I was suprised to see it on this past season. I didn't know if I'd like it since they compare it to American Idol, except it's dancing and not singing. I've kinda grown tired of American Idol, but I'm glad I started watching SYTYCD. I now love this show and can't wait for the next season to start. I loved Benji from the beginning of the show, right until the end, so of course I'm glad he won. But there were so many other amazingly talented dancers on the show as well. I love how they keep you in suspense about the eliminations. The way the show was set up was very interesting to watch. Going from loving or hating the partner dancing...you grow to love certain groups and hating others. Then they screw you all up and seperate them, and mix them all around. It was a little tricky trying to get who you wanted to stay to actually stay, but I was very plesently suprised that for the most part the people I wanted to stay did. It was cool to see the journey that all the dancers went through...seeing all the hard work that has to be put into all the dances. I don't know how they do it all, but they must really love it to go through all the work. But I loved the group dances in the beginning, and the fact they got to try all different types of dancing. It made me want to dance, and I hope this new season can give me the same feeling.
  • hi this is for everyone who doesnt like this show.....

i think alot of you should keep your opinion to ur self its worthless, unless you have danced before proffesionally you have know idea what your talking about and i dont mean the one hour dance school at the local studio... i have just finished full time performing arts... 7am start 5pm finish dancing all day. until you have done so SHUT UP these people are amazing the amount of work that goes in to them busting their asses is unbelievable the show really doesnt give enough credit to that dance is not normal they push thier bodies to limits you couldnt even imagine they make the body move out of its natural order its actually quiet amazing and not easy dont ever say someone in the top of this competition cant dance unless you can prove urself to be better than them and i highly doubt from reading your reviews that you could. dance is far from easy at that level to point where your whole body aches it is just like any other sport the only thing that keeps you going is stepping out on that stage and entertaining your audience the stage is a dancers sporting field this is their game if you cant appreciate that get cable, change the channel and watch your football game its really no different.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7