So You Think You Can Dance

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

User Score: 1969

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews page 5 of 7

• Sorry, but i hate these kind of shows, where people are voted off and stuff. Like, i also hate shows like american idol and survivor for instance. Also, watching the people dance is boring.

Uh yeah, i think i mainly don't like this show because i dislike these type of shows in general. Like, i don't like american idol or canadian idol. Its not really a personal thing i hold against this show, the only personal thing i have against this show is that i can't stand watching people dance on tv. It just bores the living daylights out of me. Even if others think its "good". The only way i'll watch this is if i am sick with nothing to do except watch tv and everything else is garbage on tv, that is like the only way i'll watch this. I don't care for this show really.
  • WONDERFUL

This is really interesting to me because I love to dance. This show gives me something to watch. If you are just flipping through the channels and you see this show it makes you want to watch it. Some of the stunts they do is so cool. I don;t really watch the show , but every time I watch it is wonderful. I am not a big fan because I don't know what time it is on. I rate this show a 9.1. I think less and less people watch it though. This show is awesome to me. Do you like this show?
  • yeah!

everything is better with dancing! and good music!! i was watching america's got talent when i stumbled across this. i kept wacthing to find out more about it. i was hooked. the british man didn't try and act like simon cowell!! there were sooo many people with good, raw talent and there were always funny moments. i would always watch this and it made me wanna dance! :) it's so good!! i can't wait until it comes back! i don't know when it is but i know that it is!! it's my favorite reality show on television!! it's really good.
  • Amazing!!

I love so you think you can dance. All of the dancers are amazing and they always bring something new to the table when they dance and I think it\'s amazing that they can make such a good show and have dance in it. Dance is such an amazing way of expressing yourself and i think these dancers are like the best ever. They all tried the best they could and you can tell. And they all did well. This show is my favorite show. And I loved watching it every week and I never missed an episode. I can\'t wait until next season!!
  • I love it.

I absolutely love this show. I watched the first season but wasn't really into it. The second season was amazing. I loved some of the dances and a lot of this year's dancers were really amazing. I loved that wade robson was a choreographer this year. I think he's so amazing and I loved the top 4 routine to sexy back that he choreographed. I also really loved the heidi/travis contemporary routine. I just thought it was absolutely beautiful. I was a little disappointed that Donyelle finished as the top girl, but o well. I would really have loved to have seen travis win because i thought he was brilliant.
  • Not going to last long

3.5
    pretty much all reality competition shows will always be in the shadow of that Idol thing. Even the 'good ones'. This show is so not even in the running to be considered good. Who wants to see suburban kids pop lock and booty dance? Not I. Maybe this show would be appropriate on Nick or Disney channel, but for primetime, this isn't the best choice. There are those of us outta high school who actually want to be entertained without be pandered to.
  • Hi i live in sweden. I watched so you think you can dance and it was very good You no Travis donyelle benji and heidís introdance when it was only the 4 of them left was very good i loved it so now im registeted on this site to hope i can watch it

Hi i live in sweden and i watched so you think you can dance and it was very very good. You no Travis donyelle benji and heidís introdance when it was only the 4 of them left was very very good i loved it so now im registeted on this site too hope i can watch it again :)
    and now im writing so i can get to the level 2 and watch the videos of so you think you can dance becouse i love it so mutch. becouse im a new user i wonder if some pepole can help me too find so you think you can dance videos thanks very much :):)
    A lover of so you think you can dance =)=)
  • Another reality show, but not just another reality show.

I started watching this show in the second season, and quickly became a fan. Really, I only started watching because they were in the mass-audition phase, and it was funny to see the people who ~think~ they can dance try out and fail miserably. But then I kept watching during the season, and I was hooked!

It was just amazing; I'd seen these people try out and do so well, and now here they were, having to do dances that weren't in their particular style, and get criticized by the judges. And because the couples are in couples, it added a different dimension to the show that other reality shows don't have. But I think what really hooked me was the people who were in the top 20 in season 2; they were all just so friendly towards each other, and while there was a prize to be won at the end of the road, they were still relying on each other and helping each other.

The dancing was amazing and watching the show got me interested in types of dance that I wouldn't have watched otherwise. Overall, this is a great show, and I'll definitely be watching for season 3!
  • Makes you want to dance.

This show is outmost my top 5 favorite shows of all time. This show is great because I love to dance and having a dance show makes me want to dance more. This show is terrific because you have people dancing to their abilities and not to there abilities. You have judges that are totally honest to the dancing. It also helps that the show keeps on bringing incredible artists to performed their songs. This show keeps you locked in until the very end. You never know which dancer is going to leave. Overall,I love this show and hopefully there will be more seasons to come.
  • I thought this show was great this year. I was clad to see Travis and Benji be in the top two. I Think Benji won because of his personality. I also liked Heidi and Allyson

These kids are really talented and I Can\'t wait to see them in person. They are really exciting to watch. I really hope all of the top ten make it. I would really love to allyson, heidi, travis and benji in a broadway musical. I really like the direction that this show has gone. I am really looking forward to seeing the traveling tour. I saw some dances on the show that I really want to see in person. The one dance that Heidi and Travis do with the bench looked wonderful. I would also like to see Ivan and Allyson. There dance seemed really romantic.
  • Dance is comming back into the world!!

Thank you so much to the perosn who invented this show!!! I am so happy that people get to see how amazing dancing is! I LOVE this show. In the first season i knew that Melody or Nick was going to win. This season i think that Benjii or Travis will win. Since I am a dancer, this show catches my eye and entertains me beyond it does most people. Some of the lifts and routines they do are outstanding. I can't wait to see who wins, even though i already have a strong feeling. I can't wait to see the third season. This show is my daily relief from everything that happened in the day. One of my all time favorites!!
  • Another American Idol clone, horrible.

I feel happy for whoever earned the price from this show. I can't feel positive about the show either, it's awful. From the producers of American Idol, I try to find stars the American Idol way. This is such a horrible concept, I can't stand 10 minutes of this show. It's just horrible, why is anyone bother making this kind of show. It's so unentertaining, it's so uninteresting, and it's so bad. It's a sorry excuse for a reality show. Network executives are running out of ideas, they just want to earn sponsorship money from this show, well their getting the money, but their also filling the air with garbage.
  • The best reality show on TV!! I hope this show will evolve into more than just a summer filler. FOX sure has another winner and like Idol, is providing brillant talent and entertainment with both of these shows.

Since I can't say enough about this show let me just throw out a few superatives; exciting beyond belief, cutting edge and simply fantastic! These last 4 finalists (I'm satisfied with these guys)are absolutely phenomenal with a great blend of talent, showmanship and charisma. I love Heidi & Benji but all are a force to be reckoned and I'll make my final decision choice based on how well they do next week. Then I'll be on the phone for the total two hours voting for my champ. Good luck Heidi, Benji, Travis & Donnelle!! You're already winners and I can't wait to see you guys on tour when you arrive in Georgia.
  • So You Think You Can Dance (Seasonal Steps) The way I see it, So You Think You Can Dance can only get better! With the format ever changing, the only thing missing is dance on the results shows! Beyond that, kudos!

5.2
    So You Think You Can Dance (Seasonal Steps)

With everything going the way of reality, I can't help but think that the dance genre needed this show to step up its game! Way to go to the producers and creators! Who knew this show would be such a success! Some its success has to do with the incredible talent from season 1 & 2 making it cool to dance again!

Hopefully this show has the longevity of an American Idol and they don't lose viewers because of the lack of dance styles or lack of originality with the format and cast personalities.

Make sure to vote, because this is America's Favorite Dancer we want to win, not just a voting disaster!
  • Dancers, coming to america, bringing it back to america

So the show is going exactly as I planned, and said. You know what's kind of eerie, I know exactly who is going to be voted off, next, like usually their is like guessing with me, but there is no guessing, I knew who was getting voted off with a hundred percent certainty. It's like I can see it in my mind. Nah, I'm just kidding, but seriously I knew, Why you might ask, I just knew who america would be attached too. America has changed recently, you say these reality shows offer some aspect of life. Like so you think you can dance, all the contestants can dance, so America wants to see what else they can do, they want more, they can all dance, but they all don't have personality. I haven't been watching long, just recently, since JUl 18, but let me tell you how I see it. They hyped up Dmitry so much as a sex object, that's how he lasted, and then he got ratings, like I said when America gets the vote, he's gone, which happened. Martha left because she was like 18 19, and she was too sophisticated for America, she didn't seem her age. Ashlee went, because besides her different hairstyle choices, there wasn't anything that met her pop. natalie went, because she was the least interesting out of the bunch, she had some personality, but the other personalites, were a little bit too strong. Allison left, because America thought she was a little too young-looking. Ivan lasted as long as he did, because he was a good hip hop dancer, don't get me wrong, but he mainly got to where he was because when he was adorable, he wasn't too old, or too young, he just looked adorable. Anyway the main competition will come down to Benji and Heidi, unless somebody messes up pretty badly, but I don't think so. Now Travis is always my third slot, and he has a chance, if he does something that makes us say WOW, he could still be in it, cause he has a big fanbase. Donyelle, love her, but she is next to go. So I'm saying the next to go are Donyelle and Travis.
  • LOVE IT!

I love this show!!!!!! It is great! They have great dancers and it keeps getting better and better. I think that the season 2 dancers are better than the dancers from season 1. I think its great that they callenge all of the dancers each week, and its a great way for them to learn and experience things. I'm glad that Nigel made this show because it is great to watch every week, and it shows what dancers go through. I think it is wonderful that this show gives all great dancers a chance to grow and become a better dancer. I hope that season 3 will be even better!
  • I Love this show, it gets better every season.

i started watching this show during it's first season, and that's when i started to love this show. and now i like season 2 even better than the first. "so you think you can dance" has become my favorite show. i never miss an episode. the only thing i'm mad about is that my favorite dancer, allison, left the show. but i still love the show, and im still rooting for the other dancers, especially ivan, benji, and heidi. i myself, love to dance, and i think that this show is way better than "dancing with the stars" and every time i watch the show,i just want to get up and dance.
  • So You Think You Can Dance is a wonderful show. I never saw season 1. The show just brings you in.

I never thought I would watch this show, but I tuned in one day, and I love it! The dancers are wonderful. Natalie and Travis are my favorites. It is so hard to pick just one winner, since they are all so good. It is a fantastic show, and I look foward to next season. I do like the fact that in the beginning, America votes for their favorite couple, but the Judges pick from the three lowest to send two home. But when all the dancers are almost all evenly matched, how do you pick one to go home.
  • This show makes me wish I could dance!

I watch it, and I love it so much. There is not a moment I want to skip ahead. The characters are so funny and just great people, and I love watching their profiles. I love watching their moves. Every week, I'm upset that I didn't record a Latin dance or a Hip Hop dance. The show is insanely awesome. You will be amazed.
  • Some of yall are going to hate this, and probably not agree but...

Yall, I think that something's missing from this season's so you think you can dance, and it wasn't until this weeks show that I finally realized what it is exactly. It's the solo's. Nigel, every week talks about how this is a solo competition and that America is only oging to choose one favorite dancer. While that is the case, with this show set up it really doesn't work. I don't want them to show me one more time why we could have voted for them. I want the dancers to dance for their lives. Dance as if it's all on the line, when the judges say that it should be on the line. Because well, it is on the line. The solo's are missing they were intergral. I fell in love with Blake McGrath, and Nick las season because of their solo's. Jamile stayed in the competition week, after week, after week, because he was an amazing popper. He sucked at Ballroom which he drew every week for 4 straight weeks, but his solos, his speciality saved him. The fact that Martha never drew contempoary is part of the reason she went home. She never got to do her style, she never showed what she was doing. It's sad that we can't be reminded week, after week, before voting, just why each of the dancers have gotten so far!

Bring back the solos!
  • It is pretty cool...

Even though they copied American Idol, it is still an awesome show for me, because I love to dance, dacing is so much fun, so I can totally relate to the dancers in this show. This show is awesome, and I can't wait to see the season finale, plus, they already know that they are making a season 3 for the show!!! This show is fabulous... Way better than that stupid show America's Got Talent! I think this show is still lower class to American Idol, but I got to hand it to the producers, they did a wonderful job on this new, popular dancing show!
  • This is a great show

Absolutely addictive.

I don't see why everyone hates this show

It's fabulous.

break dancers, lyrical, contemporary, jazz, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Hok and ryan of sickstep competed in this. They rock.

I think there are some bias in the judges... but onh well, that's to be expected.

i think the one part that is bad about this show is that they always blame the dancers and never the choreography.

There is some choreography that is outrageous, horrendous and downright horrible.

Also i'm getting a little tired of the hip hop. Nothing new seems to show up. But oh well.

Definitely check this show out. It's a winner.
  • very cool and love the concept of so you think you can dance.

so you think you can dance is a reality tv show that gives us all the info about the contestants and what their forte is and how they dance different styles that they are not used to like if your forte was ballet but then you have to dance hip hop. it can be very hard especially since you have to dance th routine in front of thousands of fans and viewers on live tv.this is also almost the same with american idol except that they didnt have to sing songs that were given to them but they chose it.
  • Another lame show by FOx Just a cheap fix to make fox some money. It does not matter if people watch as long as fox can get sponsors for the show.

1.4
    fox just lies to sponsors so they can make a quick buck. I can not believe they canceled Arrested Development and put this Junk in its place. The Truth about fox. The way they work now is. They will sign a show for three years if they have to pay a lot of actors after that time the show will be canceled Examples, Arrested Development, Futurama, Sliders, Herman’s Head. Even Mad TV is a great example they got rid of all the good actors except one. House and 24 are only on the aire because fox only has to pay one actor the rest will fall in line if they want to keep there job. Oh yes and Family Guy this show has now been canceled Twice now. Once they cancel Family Guy for the Third time and cancel Simpson’s it will be it for us on fox.
  • The greatest dancers in America step out of their comfort zone, and into a new element every week. Who\'s the most versatile, entertaining and talented dancer in the USA? They dance, you decide.

7.7
    Cat Deely is very odd. Better than Lauren Sanchez. But still weird. She wears very tacky outfits. Like, crazy.

Some of the dancers are pretty talented. A lot are pretty good and versatile. It\'s fun to watch hip-hop dancers learn the cha-cha or the Argentine tango, and vice versa.

Some of the people get by because of their partners, which is a flaw of the show. If a one-trick pony is paired with a versatile, enjoyable and very talented dancer, they\'ll both go through each week with tons of votes. But if two pretty good dancers who lack personality but have a lot of talent are paired together, they won\'t make it very far.

It\'s better to vote for the dancers individually instead of as a couple.

The judges are...interesting. Nigel\'s the boss, so he gets to be top dog and make all the decisions. Mary Murphy? One word - annoying. Why does she have to screech? She is quite obnoxious.

Overall, pretty good show. Needs to fix a few things. But it\'s pretty good. It\'s one of the better shows on the reality tv bandwagon.
  • one word horrible

2.6
    Their are dozens of toher great shows out there what kind of losers would watch this kind of garbage. Yet, shows like this piece of garbage get high ratings along with American Idol. It shows how many morons live in America. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your IQ is really this low that you need to watch utter trash like this. things kind of shows are a waste of peoples time i hate these kind of reality shows. i can't undrstand why it's still on air. this show is just the biggest waste of time anyone can waste.
  • A Horrible show that makes me sad to be an American when there are such better shows to watch...the dregs of society watch this.

24, Prison Break, Rescue Me, Family Guy, 4400, Deadwood, Sopranos, Dead Zone, The Shield, Smallville, Stargate, Simpsons and Alias just to name a few of the intelligent great shows on TV. Yet, shows like this piece of garbage get high ratings along with American Idol. It shows how many morons live in America. Not suprising we have Bush as the president huh? Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your IQ is really this low that you need to watch utter trash like this. Shows like this are destroying American TV. Shows like Invasion and Surface get canceled so more garbage like this can go on the air to satisfy all the American lower class.
  • So You Think You Can Dance. It\\\'s a good show, but...

When I first watched this show, I wasn\\\'t sure what to expect from it. It just looked like a version of American Idol. Well, that is what it is, but it\\\'s a good show! Nigel (one of the judges) may be harsh, but he always tells the contestants like it is. He wants them to improve. I also highly enjoy the routines (with an exception or two). The choreographers are very well trained.
    So far, my favorite dancers are Ashlee, Martha, and Dmitry. I also liked Ben, but he\\\'s gone now...*sob*
    All in all, a good show that I would recommend for everyone to watch.
  • Some of the dances are alright. The concept is pretty cool.

6.7
    I find the dances arlight, but it's some of the dances that makes me annoyed. This show is interesting, and I like the idea behind it. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I thought I'd check out after watching American Idol. I havn't seen too many episodes of this show, but tye concept is pretty cool, seeing how the dance sytle is chosen for the pairs of dancers to perform, which is moderatly hard to learn in what I think is a short amount of time. These people manange to pull the dances off, but sometimes not hard enough, which leads to elimination.
  • Well, American Idol is over for the season... so let's watch some dancing!

I didn't watch this show last season, I just started this season and only because I needed (yes, NEEDED) something to watch in place of the now-finished American Idol. I was flipping around the channels and saw the auditons for this show, and thought, hey, great, a bunch of people off the street trying to make it to the big time! The auditions were good for a laugh, in parts, and some of the dancers can actually dance.

Now we're into the couples' dances and it's quite good. There's lots of styles of dancing that I'm not familiar with and that the dancers aren't familiar with either. And that's what makes it so interesting - to see these people stretching and learning new things and then coming out and performing them. I'm hooked!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7