So You Think You Can Dance

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

User Score: 1969

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews page 6 of 7

• it\'s because it\'s \'unoriginal\' that makes it so successful

i enjoy this show because it is amazing to see what the body is capable of without a safety net. Those who can\'t appreciate the talent and efforts that is illustrated in this program are only suffering from their own denied jealously. i know that i envy these people for their courage to perform; no matter how tragic or grand their efforts may be... although, it could be better organized...
  • Did you watch American Idol? Yes? Then why watch this?

2.6
    It is an American Idol carbon copy only with dancing. It has an evil british guy, an overexited host, and some extreeemly stupid people. Of course, there are some good dancers, but their moves are repetitive, unoriginal, and you fell like you are watching the same episode over and over again. Yes, there\'s the occassional injury, trip to the hospital, break-downs, throw-ups, etc., but you\\\'ve seen them all before on American Idol. If you were stupid enough to waste time watching the overly dramatic American Idol (like me) don\'t waste anymore of your life watching stupid reality shows on FOX. Honestly, I was more captivated to watch sick online predators come to fourteen-year-old decoy\\\'s houses looking for sex on NBC\\\'s DATELINE: TO CATCH A PREDATOR (which is also crap) than this crap. Bottom line: Don\'t watch it!
  • Sadly this is a hit.

Well I can tell why this is a hit, in the auditions people got hurt and as much as I enjoy pain on other people. I can not comprehend the success of this show. Basicly it is ripping of the fourmula of the now rolling pile of fecal matter known as American Idol and adding dancing and a less feminine host. Fox please cancel this and bring back Scripted shows thats what wwe want!
  • So why is this show on tv?

1.5
    I appreciate the fact that American Idol has grown to be one of the top shows ever watched on TV. However, \"So you think you can Dance\", is a JOKE! Who cares if you can dance? I mean don\'t get me wrong, I respect what dancers can do, but what is this show going to do for dancers? They won\'t make that dancer famous. Who won last year? Do you really remember? Did they go off and hit fame and fortune? Doubt it. I also don\'t think there is a need to completely bash these people that don\'t really know how to dance. They have the guts to get up there and do it in front of the other dancers, the judges, and those few that watch this show. Be a little nicer, and stop beating them down for ratings sake.
  • I personally love this show!

I love to watch them dance and audition. I can pick up some moves, cheer on my favourite competitors, and laugh at some, not so great dancing skills. it takes lads of courage to dance on television, esepicially if your not that good and you end up making a fool of yourself on tv. I personally would never, ever try, but hey, if you think you got skill, go for it.
    Anyway, I think this show deserves a worthy rating.
  • audition

a u d i t i o n s a r e s t u p i d e t o w a t c h b u t t h e c o m p e t i t i o n a r e c o o l . i ' m d o i n g s p a c e s b e t w e e n w o r d s j u s t to w r i t e m o r e b e c a u s e i t h a s to be 100 w o r d s m i n.

sorry
  • Dance Dance Dance

7.6
    Yes this show is summer guilty pleasure. After all the great shows have gone on hiatus, So You Think Can Dance is back. I love the audition process but after that it kind of gets boring. Kind of like American Idol you get to know the main players and then tune in for the finale.

• WHAT?

1.9
    They just keep on branching off of American Idol. Here's the list of shows that were branched off:

American Idol> So You Think You Can Dance> Dancing With The Stars> Skating With The Stars>Cooking With The Stars. There.

That's it. I can believe that very few people see that. I mean come on! It's right there. Pay attention. Seasons upon seasons of branching off. What's next? Who knows? Producing Shows With the Stars? I dunno! Who cares anymore? Just keep this junk off my TV. NO MORE branching off. American Idol rules. Others drool. OK? Yeah. They do drool. I said it.
  • Season 2 is now into play, however will this season grip the same entertaining stylishness that it had last year?

To tell you the truth I was looking forward to Season 2, but for some reason this time around I can’t help to feel like it might flow under the radar. I gave the show such a high rating in my hopes for it to still hold the individuality it had last year. Now I know what your thinking…”This is the same garbage they keeping spitting out on television”…but for the people that missed it last year…it’s actually a really good show. I can’t explain why it’s different, but last year (In my opinion) it was a little better than that seasons American Idol. Who knows if it will reign this year, but I can say that it stacks up to be a really good show. Plus it’s pretty funny…for those who watched the first episode you know what I’m talking about…LOL. I’m not too sure about the host this year though. I liked last years host because she could dance. To tell you the truth I have the 1st season on DVD (taped it), and I hope this year it will be worthy of recording as well.
  • American Idol goes dancing...err sort of.

While I found the start of this show slow and silly. I would like to see the producers show the good dancers more often than the silly people who think they can dance. I loved the last half of last years show. The dancers were wonderful and they really did get some great talent at the end. But wading through all the want-a-bees at the start is sometimes just plain stupid at times. And the judges should stop them after a few seconds of horrid waving of the arms or shaking of the butt, if they really have no talent. Of course I think the same thing about Idol. They should also show some of the better singers, instead of the goofy people. Yes some of the goofy, silly people are funny, but sometimes it goes on and on and on soooooo long, I change the chanel, until it is over.
    It would be nice if they actually show the ones that make it through, when they dance (and sing on Idol), and then mix some of the funny stuff in.
    So while my score is low right now, it will go up, toward the end of the show, because I know what is in store of our viewing!
  • Fun show to watch.

I watched this show when it came on last year, but my main complaint was it came on really late in the year, and by the time the show was ending I had to choose between this show and a regular season show. So I was hoping they would bring this show back, but bring it back earlier. I guess they heard that complaint, and starting the show earlier.

I like this show mainly because I used to dance when I was younger, but did not continue. I kind of wished I had. So I can live my dancing dream through the contestants. It's fun to watch a contestant who is mainly a hip hop dancer try to master a different dance genre and go out of their comfort zone. The tryouts are always funny, because there are folks who swear they can dance look totally foolish, but you have some people who really do have some awesome talent who hope to make the cut.

I plan to watch tonight because the tryouts will be hilarious. A good show to watch if you have nothing better to do, or to watch on television.
  • Dance Dance

This show is a guilty pleasure. When I first saw the ad I thought it's going to be a train wreck, but it wasn't. The producers thought of different ways to challenge the dancers with different forms of dance. Each week the new partnerships show different syles of dance and how well each contestant works as a partner. I think for a summer show it's not half bad.
  • Anything is better than American Freakin Idol!!!!!

6.2
    I did watch almost every episode of So You Think You Can Dance, and I really liked it. Can\'t wait til next season!!!!! I did want Melody to win instead though! But I wasn\'t too disappointed with the winner. He was very good too.I couldn\'t stand Snow. There was just something about her I didn\'t like I think it had alot to do with her just swinging her skirt around and not really dancing. You know what I mean!!
  • Not as big as American Idol, but worth the watch.

I liked this show, especially because I love to dance myself. I love to see all the different styles that people have. My only concern was that they asked all of them to dance in so many different styles. On American Idol, they were allowed to choose the songs. Just as some people specialize in a certain type of music, some people are good at a certain type of dance. I thought it was kind of unfair to ask a break dancer to do the Paso Doble. However I suppose that was the only way they could make the show really interesting.

Overall I was impressed with the show and cannot wait until it comes out again.
  • dume or what?

Ok on the last night of So you think you can dance me and my mom was watching it. I was really happy for nick but they went though all that just for an apartment in New York City and 10,000 $$ in cash :( how dume?If i was him (im a girl though) i would have said i dont want this i went though all the for this little piece of crap.I dont think so I dont know what i want but not this crap.;)

thank you and please reply......
  • People can complain all they want about "So You Can Think You Can Dance" (and they have the right to be), but it is undeniably entertaining; that's the bottom line.

People can complain all they want about "So You Can Think You Can Dance" (and they have the right to be), but it is undeniably entertaining; that's the bottom line. Believe me; I was dubious of the show in the beginning. The title is too long and sounded belittling. It was coming off as a paltry dance version of "American Idol" and didn't come off fresh, since the ABC hit "Dancing with the Stars" was aired earlier.

I admit the auditions were mostly forgettable. At the time, I disliked Nigel Lythgoe (old white guy with British accent) as the judge who handily picked contestants who goes through the next round. The show eventually became interesting when the dancers are drilled in different types of dances: ballroom, hip-hop, and lyrical. Then the show hits bottom on the episode which revealed its 16 finalists. It's pretty much recycled footage from previous episodes and shots of contestants walking through long corridors to confront their fate.

The show surged back to life once the dancers took command of the stage. It was pretty amazing to see couple after couple tackle different styles of dance. The show had a systematic way (unlike the dubious "Dancing with the Stars") of eliminating contestants. The panel of judges pick the worst 2 or 3 couples and the viewers determine as to who's deserving of their vote. If this was used in "American Idol," the shocking early exits of the better performers would be unlikely. But I doubt if AI will implement this; that excessive show thrives on controversial voting.

The reason to watch this show is the competitors. SYTYCD was extremely lucky to nab b-boy Ryan Conferido (he with the spiky hair) who had the crowd to its feet when he shockingly pulled off a dazzling mambo routine. That was probably the highlight of the entire season. Even though he was eliminated weeks after (the guy even begged for it), he steered the show to new heights. I can't say the same for "Big Poppa" Alan Frias who was cast as the guy with the biggest personality; the kind that can attract a fan base. Unfortunately, he underperformed in his own style of dancing and dampened the show until he was eliminated.

Of course, a superb dance skill alone is not enough to win the competition. Blake, probably the best dancer among the 16, didn't make it in the final four (and I suspect he would have been eliminated sooner if it weren't for the judges preventing him from possible elimination through America's voting). He had an uphill climb when the show portrayed him as cocky in earlier episodes. Same goes to Ashle, who was deemed by the one of the judges as the most versatile, but she didn't quite stand out. I just kind of remember her as the last white girl standing who can dance to African music.

So to succeed in the competition, a good mixture of personality and dance skills is needed. The top three dancers had it. Even though his partner dancing got mixed reviews, Jamille had entertaining solos. His hip-hop dance with Destini was just freakin' the best. Second-placer Melody has the most unforgettable smile of among the competitors. There's such joy and sexiness in her dancing that she avoids eliminations even when teamed with weak partners. She's also famous putting her leg straight up in the air. Nick, the winner, was probably the only one who can come close to Blake's dexterity. But the guy had the edge since he has a goofy persona and gained much admiration on his attempt to be the funkiest white boy, even if the guy grew up dancing jazz.

I hope this comes back next summer. (It's the perfect summer show). This one started too late and lost a chunk of audience when "Lost" premiered. The judges grew to be a riot to watch, especially seemingly-drunk judge Mary who screams if she's loss for words. The show's length is just about right too; sometimes too condensed. It was heavenly in the way it has none of the excessive fillers that turned me off from AI. And I must say, I'd prefer dancing over singing; it tends to be more entertaining. Furthermore, I have more respect towards SYTYCD competitors who probably put in more work hours than AI singers, whose "busy" schedules include doing car commercials. Come on, singing voice is pretty much God’s work. Dancing takes more human work.
  • A show with every dance technique and form of dance known to man.

This show is entertaining. I love dancing and like to watch others. I think there are better dancers out there than the ones left though. They should have had different ways of evaluating the competitors. To say that a fat guy can't dance because he isn't agile and can't fit through a ring a girl makes with her arms just means they need different choreography. It is till fun for all ages.
  • Better then I thought but still see rrom to make it better and more interesting.

7.4
    This show is much better then I thought it would be quite frankly. I love the behind the scenes where they are learning the dance. I was expecting a weaker more boring show. I love that they are doing different types of dance, with different partners. I hate at the end when they come out and over and over dance the kind of dance they are used to. I expected the whole show to be an hour of this repetition over and over.

I am not crazy about American Idol because simply stated it bores me. But this show has more depth to it. However my problem with it is the judging. I know that there are complex parts of dancing, that unlike singing where you have a great voice or you don\'t dancing has a LOT of skill and style and a 1000 things to look for.

I am often thinkging of a team that is just great and then they get torn apart and I am left with my mouth wide open. I wish that when they pull out the type of danced they take a minute to explain what it is. When I have never heard of a dance it is kind of hard to figure out if they are dancing with good technique. I realize that that the judges make those decisions. But if I am asked to vote latter I feel the presure of making sure the one with the real skill stays, not just the one that looks more fun..

Ok anyway that is my 2 cents. Ever wonder why you have to put 2 cents but it is only a penny for your thoughs... yeah me neither.
  • I love this show!!! It is one of my favorites. My mom and sister watch every wednesday! I love it!

This show is so AWESOME! I love it! I missed the first part of it. My mom started watching it one wednesday and told my sister and I about it. We now watch it every wednesday. I always call my sister up at college, when it's over, and ask her who she thinks should be voted off, and who she thinks did good and bad. It is a great show, and I really hope they do another show after this one. Some people think it's just a copy cat of American Idol, but I like this ALOT better then American Idol!
  • this show is great

this show is basically base on american or canadian idol but in this they have to dance,this show is on the fox 29 channel,in this show u have practice your dance and show what u have got to the judges to choose or to pick who the best in the dances.
  • American Idol producers are really trying to rule the world aren't they?

So You Think You Can Dance? comes from the same people who made American Idol. So now instead of focusing on just singers, they're going to find the best dancers as well. Okay, let's give it a chance. I actually enjoy watching dance performances, so it's no wonder why I like this show. I think it's very interesting and definitely entertaining. The dancers are very talented, and it's quite an innovative show in my opinion. I like the show and have been trying to watch every week!
  • If you have become fed up and irritated with the fact that America cannot seem to pick a good singer and instead views the show as a popularity contest, then you might like So You Think You Can Dance.

This is a fantastic show that only slightly resembles American Idol. If you have become fed up and irritated with the fact that America cannot seem to pick a good singer and instead views the show as a popularity contest, then you might like So You Think You Can Dance. The JUDGES are responsible for picking the bottom 3 couples (3 males and 3 females) and since the judges have professional background in dancing, you can rest assured that even if you do not agree with their choices, they know their stuff. With the weakest dancers each week chosen for possible elimination, THEN the contest is placed into America's hands. Everyone who danced well is safe even if America does not like them. This makes the outcome of the show much more enjoyable. I for one, hate popularity contests. Bring on the talent.
  • Though there are kinks to work out with the overall process and concept, this show is great.

Though there are kinks to work out with the overall process and concept, this show is great. I've been waiting for a show like this amongst all the singing competition shows. No one was showing a big interest in dance, which baffles me. All the singers I can think of that I enjoy perform dance numbers at concerts. If they can't, they hire a back-up group to dance for them. It's a part of the performance and it's important! I'm glad there's finally a show that showcases dance ability and provides dance entertainment.
  • I feel real bad for reality tv right now.

5.2
    Ok, first off i totally hate this show. These kind of programs are lethaly killing the genre. If the creators of american idol just wanted to stay in business i'm am not fine with that for the reason i just used. Then on, i would have to say that singing would make a person more popular then dancing. So to the viewer, if this show lasts 1 season i will eat a trucker hat.
  • This program is ridiculous. It is NOT a fair competition on so many levels:

This program is ridiculous. It is NOT a fair competition on so many levels:

First of all, one partner should not be punished by another partner\'s weakness. (Snow!) That is so wrong.

Secondly, everyone should be required to move to a new partner. Previous experience with a partner gives those couples an unfair advantage. (Destini and Blake, Ryan and Melissa)

Thirdly, everyone should be required to dance a different style of dance than they previously had. Always dancing within their style (Destini and Blake, Alan) also gives them an unfair advantage.

Want to make this show fair? Decide what INDIVIDUALS are up for elimination, and rotate the dance styles and partners so that every person must dance in a new element each week, with a new partner.
  • So you think Fox couldn't get worse! This is mostly a copy of American Idol, and when they win what do they do, become low paid back ground dancers?

0.5
    Okay, if you thought American Idol was a waste, try watching people dance! It is the same American Idol consept, but worse! And once somebody wins, what will they do, just say, "Oh my gosh, I went through all of that trouble to go on TV and be appreciated!" Well this just seems like more of a waste than watching people sing, but dancing! Please people, get a good reality show besides Nanny 911, please!
  • So good that it deserves an Emmy.

So You Think You Can Dance is fresh and entertaining. Every minute of it is worth to watch and even when it comes back from a commercial break, a person should be excited to see what's going to come up. The dance sequence are fun to watch because no one knows if the contestants will make a mistake or make it one of the most memorable events of the night due to their spectacular dancing. This is by far one of the best shows this year!
  • A new show similar to both American Idol and Dance Fever (which was pure crap).

Despite its compartive form to other reality shows, SYTYCD isn't too bad. It was bearable in the beginning during the eliminations and the other mind-numbing processes that sort out the dancers from the wannabe's.Although it is fun to watch people make fools of themselves from time to time. As a matter of fact, So You Think You Can Dance is a title that hits it right on the money. But now that the major eliminations are over, we're getting to the good stuff. The dancers are now out to prove their worth to the audience and we're getting a taste of the better talent of the bunch. Hopefully, the skills we have seen so far from the dancers are only the start, and that the competition will heat up. If not, then the show is bound to die hard and fall fast.
  • Real Good

This show is so fabulous. Like the dancers on here are so good, they do modern, tap, ballet, jazz, belly dancing and much more. This show encourages dancers out there to do more dancing and try to reach their goal. So thats why this show is so fabulous for a lot of audiences.
  • The show has a good format,i think its a lot better than seeing people sing. But also this show portrays some dancing styles really bad.

I dance and im from L.A. they portrayed Krump dancing really bad, to the point where it cheapened the whole style. I noticed a lot of the so-called good looking people made it to through the next rounds even though they didnt have the best dance peformances. I kinda like how you have to be a all around dancer to succed in this show. Another thing a lot of these guys look really femimne...wut the hell is with that. Good format and all, but to me a lot of this dancing is week because imma dancer. This show has average popping and breaking. as far as the Salsa and choreography its not really that great. But the other style such as Ballet they are okay i guess.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7