So You Think You Can Dance

Monday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews (366)

7.9
  • New format 5

HATE it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The all stars? Come ON. Bring back the professionals, this is just AWFUL to watch
  • Elementary Not Professional

The judges seem Plastic.. There not Grown enough.. Kids Judging Kids.. There not seasoned enough..
  • Not a fan

I absolutely love the dancers, I strongly dislike the judges I just think they try way too hard.
  • Shut up Nigel!

You know EXACTLY what I mean. One more time and I am gone forever..
  • Disappointed in comments by Nigel

I have always loved this show. The premiere was especially good except for the catty remark from Nigel about our president. Show some respect to our president and our country! Remember he was elected by many good people who are looking for a change from the past policies of our former president. Stop the derogatory remarks especially after the horrific events that happened today in . If you have nothing good to say about our president, keep your mouth shut!
  • Nigel - you just lost a viewer

Nigel's impertinence toward our United States President Donald J. Trump I will no longer watch this show. If you don't like our United States President please return to the UK. President Trump is trying to keep all American people and others that live in the United States safe. I am tired of the snide remarks from shows that are supposed to be entertaining. You lost me as a viewer.
  • Please don't ruin another good show

When I sit down after a long day, I look for entertainment that releases the pressures of a day and that which is stressful in life; I simply wish to be blissfully entertained. I have always enjoyed watching the amazing artistic and talented dancers that participate on your show. However, Nigel had to interject what so many others find it necessary to do these days, his political comment, and quite frankly disrespect for our elected commander in chief and the position of the United President. Regardless of his and/or my own choice in an election booth, the showing of disrespect is an example I hope our children to not follow; no matter who our leaders are.

I have stopped watching so many other long watched programs due to Entertainers feeling it necessary to make their political viewpoints known during a time I wish to simply be entertained. When I want to hear politics, I'll turn on the news or C-span. But quite frankly i respectfully ask that the entertainers not ruin another once good program with their politics.
  • Keep your tongue in your mouth, Nigel !

Stop disrespecting Dancing With the Stars. You should be happy that some of the people on your show get a good job doing what they love. I think Dancing with the Stars is much more enjoyable to watch than SYTYCD. Nigel acts like a moron. He is too old and often comes across as a dirty old man. It is really unbecoming of someone his age. Nigel, it is time to give it up and put someone younger and more appealing for television in your place. You have become annoying.
  • So You Think You Can Dance is Inspiring the Next Generation of Kids

So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation has created a magnificent impact on the younger generation of dancers. The positive attitudes from the younger and older performers, the judges, and audience produce an encouraging atmosphere for viewers of the show. The stars on So You Think You Can Dance are inspiring the next generation. The emotions and values the dancers bring to the stage have a lasting impact on the observers. The use of pathos is seen not only in the words said by the competitors and judges, but also the movements and choreography portrayed by the dancers. The diction used by the judges and dancers are very inspiring and influencing towards younger dancers who watch the show from home. Motivating choreographed dance performances use passionate feelings through the dancers' faces and movements. This delivery of emotions inspires all types of dancers no matter their age to work harder towards their goals. So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation is a great way to enthuse children, teens, or adults to get out and dance because of their love for the activity. Bringing in different styles of dance by the children broaden the audience as well. Not all dancers are formally trained in a style of dance. Children who are unable to afford dance classes can see the light while watching this program because some contestants come from the same background which motivates these viewers to still reach for their goals. Changing the format of So You Think You Can Dance has created an optimistic influence on the TV show and their audience.

• Fantastic Stepping Stone for Very Talented Children

I have watched these children from the start of the auditions to becoming the top 10 dancers picked. These children have excelled and grown so much with the opportunity to be on this show. They do not look stressed out at look relaxed and happy to be there to show talent beyond their years that is due to hard work. That is what they choose to do and want with their lives. Their choreographers are there to assist and help them grow to their potential. The bond and friendship between them is obvious in their respect for one another. Of course, someone has to be eliminated... The children are aware of this as in any competition in school / sports or otherwise. They all seem to have strong supportive families behind them and am sure they will be is part of life. These children have a great opportunity and stepping stone for their careers because of this show. At least these blessed children have a chance to go somewhere with their dreams. I am sad that Tahani was eliminated as I thought she was different in her techniques and soulful. I do believe with one other comment about Tate and Kathryn's routines that they get boring and are pretty much the same thing... emotional face to face encounter, pulling away then running around in an emotional state. To close, I will thank FOX for giving these talented children a chance. They will persevere and become even greater dancers because of opportunities like this. I have no affiliation with FOX. Just wanted to put my two cents in as I am not agreeing with the comments about "bring back the adults or I'm not watching"... Both shows are good!
  • The idea was great

I think the idea of having a kids season was great and for the most part the dances have been great. The kids are very talented. However, I feel like the choreographers are too easy on them, the judges don't actually judge they just give praise and very rarely criticize. I'm sorry, yes they're kids but you can't grow if you don't know what needs improvement and what doesn't work. Nigel is the only one willing to give criticism sometimes. Unlike past seasons where the contestants are pushed every week out of their styles and don't always get to showcase their style, the kids are always in their own style and not pushed very hard when taken out of it. And this is creating a very boring season because they are essentially just repeating the same dance premises every week, especially Tate and Catherine. I wouldn't mind watching another season for kids but I won't watch if it's this boring again.
  • Tahani shouldn't of gone home

I think tahini should've went home. U guys really messed that up. U suck
  • New sytycd is a failure

I have been watching sytycd since the first episode. Since the show has changed to children I don't care to watch it any more. The show just isn't as good - not because they are children (I watched Maddie throughout dance moms) but sytycd is not a children's show and the mixing of adults with kids doesn't work most of the time. I am sorry I won't see my favorite show any more unless you go back to what made you fabulous!
  • to old to judge

4.5
    Nigel should be cast off .He just rude to these kids . he just rambles .it is time for a big judges shake up .they all suck .Bring back the old format to the show .Nigel get lost .
  • Still love the show

Change my mind - I will watch the show because these kids are excellent dancers. They are even better than all stars.

The choreographies are excellent - it's all about dancing - a universal language.

• Kat get RID of HER

4.5
    I think the young people are excellent dancers and should be acknowledged as that. My only drawback is Kat Dealy, I find her very hard to understand and she is NOT a good host. Please reconsider this and get a GOOD announcer that is fun to watch and has a more pleasant personality. I mute the volume when she speaks, and I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way :-)
  • Competition forToo Young is Dangeruos

Dear Nigel,

I have seen yesterday's episode when Jake and Jordon had to leave the show. I observed with bitterness how Jake was laughing while he has LOST. It was a hysterical reaction to cover his failing.

If you have seen Tee Jay behind. him he was pale like a lemon.

I believe this show puts children under TOO much psychological pressure. I recommend you raise the age of competition in your next shows to over 13 probbaly. They would have developed more strength to cope with the ups and downs of the competitions.

Thanks.
  • Keep the Integrity

SYTYCD was an amazing show. It's been one of those shows that didn't leave me feeling guilty when I had spent two hours on the couch watching it. When they changed the formate last year I wasn't thrilled but I grumbled and watched to the end.

This year I gave it another sceptical shot. I tuned in on the first episode, watched for 5 mins and haven't tuned in again. I agree with other viewers comments that using children on a reality show for ratings is disgusting and self-serving. Who wants to watch a female child dance with an adult man? And who wants to watch children in tears because the judges have sent them home?

A plea to Fox and producers -

1. Please bring back the old formate - 16 yrs old +

2. I don't want to watch or listen to the judges more then the dancers

3. I have much love for the pros, keep them coming

Idea, what about doing a farewell season next year and bring back Mary Murphay and some older choreographers and pros as well as the newer ones?

OR doing a pros only seasons with the favourites from every season? You could add in a choreography competition, or choreography and execution, or best production? I've been wanting 2 sets of scores for the dances that includes technical and performance... since most people think Nigel is bias.

There is so many things they could do while keeping the integrity of the show. Instead they come up with lazy ideas like street vs. stage and parading children around.
  • Worst idea ever

I thought last seasons dance vs stage was a dumb idea. It's hard to believe the producers sat around brain storming some ideas and came up with this horrible idea. I used to like the show but this season is unwatchable.
  • not given enough credit!!

for all the bitter people in the reviews saying that kids having nothing to offer, i think a lot of the kids this season have proved them wrong! I have seen lots of emotional connection between dancers and mentors! Although some of the kids are not up to level with the others and were chosen due to cuteness, even they are starting to prove their worth. I for one am thoroughly enjoying this season and the more mature routines that they are beginning to pull off! My favorites by far are Jake, Tate, Kida, Tahani and Jordan. I think people should stop putting down the show and start appreciating the great talent that these kids have. Dance is one of those special art forms where even the most inexperienced artist can deliver powerful emotions and make you feel something.
  • Maddie???????

Really? This poor child is out of her league. She is a talented person, yes. Ultimately, however, she is the unfortunate darling of an over zealous stage mother combined with a crazed dance teacher - not even the best dancer from her own soap opera type series. She should NOT be a judge. I think you are doing her a complete disservice. The kid needs someone to teach her real technique, not someone to puff up her head - what's wrong with you guys????
  • Shameless and desperate, inmates running the asylum

What in the world is wrong with these people, pimping babies for ratings? Is there no one at the network with a code of ethics? Anyone with a grain of sense understands that children without values, thinking fame matters more than wisdom or experience is an epidemic. Instead of teaching our children, giving them tools for a happy life, they fling them into the craziest, most difficult place in the world to survive... show biz? I live in LaLaLand and trust me, rarely can adults maintain. This is a guaranteed recipe for some screwed up people of the future ( not just the contestants but the world of children watching, receiving the message that this is what they should aspire to). SYTYCD used to be inspirational. Now we have to watch some little punk being interviewed, asked about his "fans"? This is crazy. I miss the show but we have to stand for something or we have no business complaining about the next generation's lack of values. These children are being rewarded - no - TAUGHT to be narcissistic and arrogant instead of learning a work ethic. Goodbye SYTYCD. It was nice while it lasted.
  • Older man with younger girls

Does anyone besides me find it innapropriate when the man dances with the little girl? I know they aren't necessarily dancing sexually but at times it makes me uncomfortable...
  • New Format

2.5
    I have watched this series from the beginning. It is the only reality tv show I like because it is about mentoring great dancers (not embarrassing them like other shows). The choreography and talent is amazing; however, I am not of fan of the new format. If you want to have a children's version, fine. They are very talented, but it should be broadcast during the day. I want to see dancers who have matured and refined their talent. This version is for kids not adults. I will not be watching again unless you bring back the adult version.
  • Hate the kids

Bring back the adults, the kids suck!
  • Camera people

Stop moving around so much were there to watch the dancers not the judges it looks like your having a problem with your hands
  • Maddie should NOT be a judge

Clearly she is not qualified to be a judge. She would not have made it on the show if she auditioned. It's really lame that she is judging!
  • I love kids, but....

do they have to take over the world of tv? I loved the old version, why not make 2 shows per year, one for the old folks like me and one over summertime for kiddies?

Please bring back the old version and let kids be kids playing with toys like they'd do
  • I dont care for SYTYCD Jr.. at all

I am one of the many who will not and cannot watch this implosion of one of my favorite shows. I am tired of everything going to the kiddies and being for the kiddies. Kids cannot emote emotions which is a big part of dancing. I don't get this. I don't understand why So You Think You Can Dance did this. When this season started airing, I thought they were doing just a one episode special.. but it kept going. And remember, when any show add a kid (and this one, a lot of them).. it has jumped the shark. I have yet to see a single fan of this show, say that they like this. Anyway, now I guess, they have free up my time for this show. Lets just hope they fix this next year.. if there is a next year.
  • What ever happened to real dance?

Looked forward to this new generation season of SYTYCD and was impressed the first week until I saw

the judges list and the categories. Since when does Hip Hop (street gyrating) qualify as dance? Since when does the grotesque robotic gyrating qualify as dance? You have brilliant young dancers in Ballet, Ballroom, Broadway, Tap and Jazz who have been eliminated by so called Hip Hop judges in favor of

kids who are never made to Tap, do Ballet or even Ballroom but the real dancers have to pick up on the non dance Hip Hop techniques. It's gross and unfair. When I saw these so called judges dumping incredible real dancers in favor of Hip Hoppers we decided to tune the show out. It's sad that political correctness has permeated a once great show to lure a younger ethnic audience. I should have guessed the tide had changed when they dumped the wonderful Mary Murphy for a Hip Hop no talent like DeRulo. What in God's name does he know about real dance? His commentary is laughable. Get real dance team judges disciplined in real dance and dump the street dancers. The American dance public prefer real dance like Ballroom, Tap, Ballet, Broadway and Jazz.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10