So You Think You Can Dance

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

User Score: 1969

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews (180)

• Best Dance Talent!

This is not like other casting shows. This is a television show for those who enjoy helping people with their passion, their expression, and to watch serious judges get down to business. Pressure, lights, camera, and talent! Great music selections!!!!!
  • SERIOUSLY!!!

Nothing against Cyrus BUT I thought this show was about DANCE!!! I have watched since the beginning and all the dancers had to do different types of dance--this has not been the case this year! We have watched the choreographers cater to Cyrus and his inability to do the basic dance moves. This has been unfair to the kids that were better than him and got sent home! I have LOVED this show in the past but this season has been a major let down!! Why didn't Cyrus have to do a CHA-CHA or Bollywood????? Also at the end of the program you should say vote for the person who you believe is the BEST dancer not your favorite!! This should be a compeition about dancing NOT about popularity!! I would really like Nigel to honestly tell us if they plan on bringing Cyrus back as an all star to pair up with future contestants? Seriously!!!!
  • The worst dancer that I ever seen on this show cyrus

I can't believe that cyrus is still on this show I'm shocked that he made it their are dancers that left that were 10 times better.I liked this up in till this season because of him so many better than him this season is not about the votes it's favorite's this year.
  • Make it better

I was a dancer, and my son is a dancer, & SYTYCD is our favorite show. the only thing we don't like is that the camera does not stay on the dancer through the whole performance. We don't want to look at the judges, we can hear them laugh or whatever, but there are only a few minutes for each performance & audition, and precious, meaningful moments of the choreography are lost each time the camera goes to the panel & away from the dancer. Most of the people & dancers I know personally really dislike this. We can wait to the end to see & hear the judges!! Please consider this.
  • SYTYCD rigged for Cyrus

Just finished watching this weeks show. I don't believe for one second that Cyrus got more votes than Cole. This is such an insult to our intelligence. I have watched the show every season and never seen such lack of ability and talent as Cyrus. I am seriously considering not watching next year. I don't understand how the show can favor someone who didn't put the time or money into dance lessons basically a casual interest compared to the other dancers. How insulting! I find it curious that Nigel and Mary didn't comment on Cyrus's performance after the Broadway debacle. Hmmmmm.
  • Is INTEGRITY still a concept on So You Think You Can Dance? Or is the judging for this show as crooked as that for Olympics Figure Skating? This show should be all about good dancing. Please producers: Keep it a dance contest, not a popularity contest!

I have been greatly enjoying So You Think You Can Dance this summer -- and that's saying something, as I am not the world's biggest TV watcher, by any means. The dancing is so exciting and until recently I think the judges have been spot-on. In fact, after seeing a number of episodes I've gotten pretty good at predicting what each judge will say after every performance (no kidding!) However, I feel that the show has really gone astray as it nears its season climax. Up to now, this show was solidly about dancing and the dancers' striving for excellence with the constructive criticism of the judges. Sadly, it is looking to me like the show has turned its back on dancing and has become a popularity contest instead. To prove my point: The hip-hop dancer Comfort was inexplicably kept on longer than she should have been and was finally voted off a couple weeks ago with some very cogent comments about her glaring lack of dance skill and technique outside of the hip-hop/crumping genre. Now all of a sudden she is back, ostensibly because another dancer, Jessica, has sustained some injuries and must temporarily retire from competition. After a disastrous attempt at a waltz, Comfort was given a hip-hop number to perform, at which (no surprise) she excelled. She squeaked through to become one of the final eight contestants beating out another dancer, charismatic Kherrigan, who, until the last episode, was pretty much flawless and a great performer. Kherrigan does not deserve to go down! She could literally dance rings around Comfort. So, I must conclude that this show is no longer about dancing. It really seems to me that someone behind the scenes for whatever reason is gunning for Comfort, despite the fact that she leaves a lot to be desired as a dancer. I think the producers of So You Think You Can Dance need to re-think their present course and bring back the integrity that was so apparent until recently. I have been watching this show with my nine-year-old daughter who has herself been dancing for five years (ballet, jazz, tap and acro). She lives for dancing, and even at her tender age she can see that Comfort is not up to scratch. It is very hard to explain to a starry-eyed, dance-mad nine-year-old why a superb dancer like Kherrigan gets knocked out of the competition by a lesser dancer. What's this biased judging teaching aspiring dancers like my little girl? Not to try? Excellence doesn't matter? You're doomed before you start so don't bother? It's so obvious Comfort brings the whole level of dancing on the show down, down, down. Producers, please take the high road. I assure you, your show will still be loved and enjoyed by millions if you keep the show about dancing, not popularity. Thank you for letting me have my say.
    HamiltonNance (rhymes with "Dance"!) in Canada
  • I love it~! Constant surprises. ":) Hope it continues to be shown every year.

Every year when I see "So you think you can dance" it absolutely amazes me on how the dances can move their bodies in such a way and the emotions that seems to leap from the screen and slap you in the face to leave you speechless for at least ten(10) minutes at a time.

I think a Program like this is very important in our world of chaos. Besides the lights, music, Judges and fancy costumes, I think it's more than that. It shows the basic structure of what makes us human, celebration, expressionism, passion, enlightenment, commitment, sadness, happiness. These are "true" emotions that we hardly get to see on our screens today.

I would definitely rather see the raw emotions on "So you think you can dance" as opposed to a billion dollar Block Buster Film with award winning actors.

It's also great for the Community, Cultural understanding, personal achievement and yes it is extremely all round great viewing. A show that I hope will be around for my children to appreciate and maybe someday be on if they themselves choose the art of dance.
  • A hidden gem among reality shows.

SYTYCD should hardly be considered a reality show. It is like a real dance competition. I have a great deal of respect for many of the people on this show and what they do. It deserves more viewers than it has. The atheletism, stamina and focus it takes to be a dancer is comparable to professional atheletes and should be respected as much. It is incredibly entertaining, moving, funny; just totally dynamic to watch. It's unique because it takes dancers gifted in their own styles and has them compete in mostly different styles of dance. It takes alot of true earned talent to do. The choreography is really excellent and to pair it with a variety of dancers creates something magical to watch. It shows growth in skill and as a person which also makes it interesting to follow. I can't wait until next year I love this show.
  • Finding out who is America's Favorite Dancer. Past winners include Nick Lazzareni, Benji Schwimmer, and Sabra Johnson.

This show combines so many great elements of comedy, drama, and just pure fun. This show is just one of the best reality shows that is on television. I never really watched this until season three, but now i completely love this show. The whole idea reminds me of American Idol, but instead this has dance instead of having people sing for all of their votes. So...yea...i really do not have any thing else to say, so i think that im just going to ramble. I L O V E T H I S S H O W! Y E A!
  • Dancers go through a series of tough auditions to demonstrate versatility in most dance styles. The Top 20 go on to dance on tv and are voted for by viewers. Eliminations take place until one is crowned America's Favorite Dancer.

I'll take this show over "American Idol" anyday. Many untrained singers have gone very far in American Idol, and the winners(and many finalists) go on to successful singing careers. However, with So You Think You Can Dance, the winners don't get much publicity, and it takes years of training for the contestants to make the Top 20. I appreciate the hard work and dedication of these talented dancers. Dancing also entertains me, even though I don't dance at all. These people dont' have natural talent, they worked hard for it and deserve to show off what they have learned. Although some of it seems a little rigged in order for some contestants to get more votes, it's a great show!!
  • So you think you can dance?

As a dancer myself, this show has become a personal favorite. I'm so amazed by how good some of these people are. I've just got into it in the fourth season, and I think I came at the optimal time. The dances are fabulously choreographed and danced, mostly, to perfection. I've learned a lot from just watching them, and I'm totally inspired. I've wanted to make my own routines more interesting and dynamic, and this has shown me how much I could do with my body. True, the judge Mary is very annoying, with her loud voice, but she's a small price to pay to watch these really great dancers.
  • Love, love, love

I love this show! It's always the highlight of me week. I am starting to get just a little upset with the elimination process however. The guys are all so solid. Losing Gev was a huge blow to my heart, but I would have been sad to see Mark leave as well. It's tough to call, but I think there will be a male winner this year. I can actually see it coming down to Will and either Chelsie or Katee. It seems like this season is flying by as opposed to last year. Just so you know, there are weekly recaps over at SpunkyBean.com. Here's a link to their latest: http://www.spunkybean.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=546&Itemid=135
  • A very good dancing show.

This show has come a long way since its beginnings... I can't even remenber the dancers from season one! But since season two, the dancers who come throught the show are just amazing. some of the dances are just AMAZING!!! I'm happy that the show has given a chance to dancers, my friend is a dancer and I can see how hard it can be to live by your talent.

I'm also happy that SYTYCD is a summer show, because every thing is off for the season and this is a great replacement, but why change it to fall?? Now I hace to much to watch!
  • Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!!

I used to love this show but now that season 6 is over and they announced the winner I am totally disappointed and just cannot undestand how ignorant they think Americans are. This show must be rigged. This result is humanly impossible...America got gipped! Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. Russel should have come in third place, maybe...This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!I am in disbeleif...When will justice overcome crime...I feel Jacob got robbed. I know I am just mumbeling away not but this is wrong in many ways.
  • dance competition??

seems to me you change the rules for those with good talent but not overall good dancers..really!

easy breezy choriography and peachy judging..never criticism..really! amazing dancers go home and one stays who smiles like honey but not a good overall dancer at all really!! you gonna loose us as we notice you cater to some every year..it is a dance competion so quit changing to rules to suit someone YOU want! we feel like your cheating behind the scene its just not believable anymore..really come on were not stupid!
  • Adecheke bashing night

The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show. The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show.
  • A Horrible show that makes me sad to be an American when there are such better shows to watch...the dregs of society watch this.

24, Prison Break, Rescue Me, Family Guy, 4400, Deadwood, Sopranos, Dead Zone, The Shield, Smallville, Stargate, Simpsons and Alias just to name a few of the intelligent great shows on TV. Yet, shows like this piece of garbage get high ratings along with American Idol. It shows how many morons live in America. Not suprising we have Bush as the president huh? Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your IQ is really this low that you need to watch utter trash like this. Shows like this are destroying American TV. Shows like Invasion and Surface get canceled so more garbage like this can go on the air to satisfy all the American lower class.
  • give us the best of the best

Dear Nigel & Company: Once this season is over (Season 10) PLEASE provide us a DVD of the "best of the best" routines over the first 10 seasons. There have been some that were so memorable I don't want to ever forget them. Also, if I were a dancer I wouldn't really care about a critique from some sitcom actor. I mean, who cares that some dippy, trippy actress thinks everyone is wonderful. I would want to hear how I can improve from another dancer or a choreographer (Christina Applegate is an exception - she's knowledgeable about dance). It was great to see Kenny Ortega last week and Debbie Allen this week. I personally miss Little C and where oh where is Mia.
  • True Dance competition

Have followed since season 1. To night WOW/omg. How do you pick someone? This whole show should get and Emmy. This years dancers...I have always voted. This year I can't pick between them. I am over joyed that there will be a gal and a guy. (Always should have been). The professionalism in dance, partnering, and music to choreography brought out everyone's best. Even the light hearted fun routines. For them to be able to dance with past (brilliant) participants is inspirational extra joy. Tonight was AWSOME ART!!!!! Seen the finale and the whole show should be nominated for an Emmy. This show doesn't get enough notoriety. Where is GMA and other info/talk who ha. These kids bleed themselves for this. I`d rather watch and ache with these upcomers than watch the comedy slash shows that only compete for the best 'come back` or crudity. THESE ARE THE NEW ARTISTS. LOVE IT!!!!
  • I just started looking @ So you think you can dance this season. I regret never looking @ this Reality Show. I never knew that people had that much talent dancing. I can't wait until September for Season 6! Lil' C is gorgeous!

I love "So You Think You Can Dance". I hope the show stays on for a looooonnnnggg time! It going to get better & better every year! I notice that alot of people don't like this reality show. I can not dance like those people do on T.V., but yet...I will not talk bad about them. They can dance their ASSES OFF! So who am I to judge or talk about them. People need to see the show for what it is & give the show & dancers their Props!!! Sound like HATERS to me! Can't wait For Season 6!
  • season 4 auditions: la

im sorry, i just love sytycd! another round of fun-filled auditions. was VERY disappointed seeing "sex" and the "golden whatever" back. do they honestly think they can dance? VERY happy when nigel called out "david". lol. hopefully now he'll get the picture and wont come back. but just out of curiousity, i'd love to see the golden guy's face. =P wasnt really excited about anyone except victor kim (who made it to choreography but not vegas) and that awesome popper at the very end. they were right, they did save the best for last. i really hope he can make all the way. i agree with nigel, he's my favorite of the entire competition.... so far. it's only just begun, and i cant wait til next week!
  • SEASON 4 is here, YEAHHHHHH!!! I love this show every part of it. Dancing with the stars and any other dance shows cannot touch SUTUCD(abbreviation of the shows name). All the SUTUCD fans out there let me hear u SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I started watching SUTUCD in season 2 and i loved it then and i love it now. It truly is the GREATEST dance show that ever been on tv, and i am amped and fired up about this season. As much as i enjoy Dancing with the stars, especially the season with Stacy Keibler and she's from Baltimore where im from she should of won after all those 30s she pulled, So you think you can dance reigns supreme over all dance shows. The reason why I say this is because Nigel lythgoe and the rest of the crew, gives opportunities to anyone who auditions to help their dream of becoming a pro dancer become a reality. And that's why im big on this show and with all that said, I bid you adieu.
  • I love it more than American Idol...

In this show, dancers compete to prove to America that they are the best. Every week, two people (one guy and one girl) from the original top twenty are eliminated. Elimination generally changes every season, so I won't go into great detail with that.

Why do i like this better than American Idol? Well, first of all, there is a less likely chance than another Sanjaya will rear its ugly head and ruin the show for me (although Cedric came close). Also, dancing is something you can only do if you enjoy it. For singing, most people just do it for the fame, but in dancing, there are lots of injuries, discouragement, and pain to endure, so only if you truly love it can you succeed. So we know that these people don't just want the $200,000 (that is how much they win, right?) and fame. They have something called passion. And besides, dancing is twice as much fun to watch as singing!!
  • I love this show!

This show is really my summer love.( In the name of Justin Timberlake.) This show brings together the best of the best. And, they dance. I love it. Personally, I think this show is way BETTER than American Idol! The judges are much better too. They're better at spotting talent I mean! This show IN season 3 has had the best Top 20. Dancers like Lacey + Sara. Are the pure reason why I watch this show. They pour out personality, and flair, and TALENT! I hope that the show keeps running. Because, I look forward to this every week!
  • This is a great show

Absolutely addictive.

I don't see why everyone hates this show

It's fabulous.

break dancers, lyrical, contemporary, jazz, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Hok and ryan of sickstep competed in this. They rock.

I think there are some bias in the judges... but onh well, that's to be expected.

i think the one part that is bad about this show is that they always blame the dancers and never the choreography.

There is some choreography that is outrageous, horrendous and downright horrible.

Also i'm getting a little tired of the hip hop. Nothing new seems to show up. But oh well.

Definitely check this show out. It's a winner.
  • So You Think You Can Dance finds people that can dance and have the effort to practice every day.

Dancing is hard to do and most people don't know that. This show lets people see all the work the contestants do. They have to dancer with people they don't know and trust them. they also have to learn a new dance every week. Some times it is a style they have never done before.
  • Real Good

This show is so fabulous. Like the dancers on here are so good, they do modern, tap, ballet, jazz, belly dancing and much more. This show encourages dancers out there to do more dancing and try to reach their goal. So thats why this show is so fabulous for a lot of audiences.
  • Way better than American Juniors!

So You Think You Can Dance may be the answer to American Idol's format, but it's way edgier than Dancing With The Stars. I love seeing the best and worst dancers who are unique, have a sense of personality and bring their own props to auditions like roller skates and stilts. This is how AI is compared to this show, only with no singing.
  • So You Think You Can Dance grows each season in talent and entertainment. The show is a combination of comedy from host, judges, and participants and interesting segments of dance, that shows what the individuals and teams are capable of.Better every time

So You Think You Can Dance is a creative mix between the dancing, the comedic effect, and the cast's growth and relationships. All three elements are shown throughout the show and make it an interesting success. The viewer has a chance to see different styles of dancing come together and perform on a single stage. Not only are there classic routines such as: the waltz, the rumba, ballroom, contemporary, and ballet; there are also more modern types: hip hop, Jazz, street dancing, and sometimes dances that are not categorized. To watch So You Think You Can Dance is in itself an appealing chance to observe the change our dancing is taking. This last season, viewers witnessed two street dancers as the top two, which was a great honor for them and gained respect for their dance choice. To see these two gentleman and others out of their comfort zone and perform so brilliantly was astounding and awe inspiring. I recommend this show to be watched, if even just once, for every season is a new surprise of talent and ambitions.
  • So you think you can dance? Well ya can't... truly amazing talent, great challenges, you have to really know your stuff if you want to be on this show, you can't just "wing" it. The Dance version of Idol. Idol (is funnier) but SYTYCD is more realistic

If you like dancing, or watching people dance, then what are you waiting for, turn on So You Think You Can dance. If you are not familiar with this show, at first glance, you may think. Not another Dance show. But you really have to watch this show. The dancers are really incredible, and the choreography that is given to them is beyond awesome, beautiful, and genius! I love American Idol (I'm bringing this up because it's SYTYCD is supposed to be like idol) but I personally feel that Dance takes a lot more out of you. I mean you really have to be good. In dance you're either good or you're not good. Singing people can't sing and yet they make it. Dance to me is on a whole nother level (Talent wise). The only thing that I'll give Idol is that the auditions are HI-LARIOUS (that is my first time saying it like that lol) but I just think that the Judges have a better idea of what they are looking for, and you can tell that the Judges are actually paying attention to what's going on and they have some really good opinions and comments. They don't just try to make the contestant feel bad, they try to give them advice so that they do better next time! Another plus is that Cat Deeley the host is TEN THOUSAND times better then Ryan on Idol (who likes him). Watch this show for real talent and entertainment. Plus on the results show they are able to get cool singers to perform.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6