So You Think You Can Dance

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jul 20, 2005 In Season

mccar29

User Score: 1998

So You Think You Can Dance Fan Reviews (207)

• Hate The New Voting

I have loved SYTYCD since its first debut. I am very disappointed that I cannot vote. I think it is totally absurd that people have to vote via FB. I am one of those individuals who do not have any interest in using FB for my own reasons. Most of everything is done online now days and it is more convenient to vote online instead of a telephone line. I think that a lot of great dancers will lose a lot of votes just because many of us are unable to vote because of the FB challenge. If I am not able to vote for my favorite dancer then what is the reason that I should watch the show. What is the point of even downloading an APP to your phone if you are unable to utilize it, hence you must vote via FaceBook from your cell phone as well. I hope the producers change this method because there are a lot of people who are not in agreement. Did they once think about the older and more mature crowd who don't use social media platforms??? I guess not!!! Signed Old Fashion...
  • Best Dance Talent!

This is not like other casting shows. This is a television show for those who enjoy helping people with their passion, their expression, and to watch serious judges get down to business. Pressure, lights, camera, and talent! Great music selections!!!!!
  • FB ONLY voting unfair, but then voters & judges lack integrity regardless so perhaps a moot point

5.5
    We've watched for years, the voting always downright annoying. This year tops the cake with online/app voting only available via FB. Sorry to the many talented individuals who won't get votes from discriminate viewers. And couldn't agree more regarding the camera. We want to watch the dancers not how creative the video crew can get. August 13 proved it's yet another tragic season. Clearly voters don't vote based on talent. Without question there is NO way Tanisha and Rudy should have been let go this week. Consistently strong, constantly growing and always beyond impressive. And we're very tired of listening to the judges and their inconsistent remarks between contestants. Outside of the dancers, the show itself is falling prey to the substandard reality TV mediocrity. Such a shame indeed but this show will likely be on the chopping block!
  • All NEW Facebooks favorite Dancer! FB voting sucks

5.5
    I can no longer participate in the voting because of FB. What a shame. The show itself is still great, but the voting was an important part of enjoying the show. Made you feel as if you were participating.

Now just call it "Facebooks Favorite Dancer" and leave America out of it.

• SERIOUSLY!!!

Nothing against Cyrus BUT I thought this show was about DANCE!!! I have watched since the beginning and all the dancers had to do different types of dance--this has not been the case this year! We have watched the choreographers cater to Cyrus and his inability to do the basic dance moves. This has been unfair to the kids that were better than him and got sent home! I have LOVED this show in the past but this season has been a major let down!! Why didn't Cyrus have to do a CHA-CHA or Bollywood????? Also at the end of the program you should say vote for the person who you believe is the BEST dancer not your favorite!! This should be a compeition about dancing NOT about popularity!! I would really like Nigel to honestly tell us if they plan on bringing Cyrus back as an all star to pair up with future contestants? Seriously!!!!
  • ONLY FB VOTING IS AWFUL AND UNFAIR TO PEOPLE WITHOUT FB

I am absolutely upset I can not vote because I do not have a FB page not fair that us that want to steer away from that media site can not take part in casting our opinion on the show we love... the producers need to change that ASAP I hope when they see the count is not high they change on the split .. I REFUSE TO MAKE A PAGE ON A SITE I DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF JUST TO VOTE... By the way did anyone catch one person did not have their 8 second run down... One of my favs will give a hint female Tapper can anyone guess her name.. BUT THE SHOW STILL IS THE MOST AMAZING SHOW WHO CRIED WHO MELTED YOUR HEART WHO FELT THOSE AMAZING MOMENTS.... So many ballroom dancers this season I cant wait to see them out of their elements Over ALL amazing show Opinion on each Couple to follow
  • Make it better

I was a dancer, and my son is a dancer, & SYTYCD is our favorite show. the only thing we don't like is that the camera does not stay on the dancer through the whole performance. We don't want to look at the judges, we can hear them laugh or whatever, but there are only a few minutes for each performance & audition, and precious, meaningful moments of the choreography are lost each time the camera goes to the panel & away from the dancer. Most of the people & dancers I know personally really dislike this. We can wait to the end to see & hear the judges!! Please consider this.
  • Refuse to Vote Now

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that you must have a Facebook account to vote. Many people do not use Facebook. This is very unfair to the dancers, because many who want to vote do not want to join Facebook. Although I have a Facebook account, I just think this sucks and is unfair.
  • Is anyone else sick of seeing so much of the judges??

I love this show, but I am getting more and more fed up with the amount of time the judges are shown when dancers are performing. I appreciate the judges, but I want to see THE DANCERS. I don't give a flip about seeing the judges faces while the dancers are on. Come on, guys! You say this is about the dancers and people being given a chance they may not have gotten otherwise, but I think you are making it about yourselves. Lets get back to the dancers!!!
  • Disenfranchised

I've loved the show since season 1, and I too am upset that voting is now FB only. For a show that actually tries to teach audience connection, it's an ironic move. Limiting the voting to subscribers of a creepy social network leaves many of us disenfranchised, and I can feel my caring for the show draining away. 10 for the show, 2 for the network execs.
  • SYTYCD rigged for Cyrus

Just finished watching this weeks show. I don't believe for one second that Cyrus got more votes than Cole. This is such an insult to our intelligence. I have watched the show every season and never seen such lack of ability and talent as Cyrus. I am seriously considering not watching next year. I don't understand how the show can favor someone who didn't put the time or money into dance lessons basically a casual interest compared to the other dancers. How insulting! I find it curious that Nigel and Mary didn't comment on Cyrus's performance after the Broadway debacle. Hmmmmm.
  • The worst dancer that I ever seen on this show cyrus

I can't believe that cyrus is still on this show I'm shocked that he made it their are dancers that left that were 10 times better.I liked this up in till this season because of him so many better than him this season is not about the votes it's favorite's this year.
  • Is INTEGRITY still a concept on So You Think You Can Dance? Or is the judging for this show as crooked as that for Olympics Figure Skating? This show should be all about good dancing. Please producers: Keep it a dance contest, not a popularity contest!

I have been greatly enjoying So You Think You Can Dance this summer -- and that's saying something, as I am not the world's biggest TV watcher, by any means. The dancing is so exciting and until recently I think the judges have been spot-on. In fact, after seeing a number of episodes I've gotten pretty good at predicting what each judge will say after every performance (no kidding!) However, I feel that the show has really gone astray as it nears its season climax. Up to now, this show was solidly about dancing and the dancers' striving for excellence with the constructive criticism of the judges. Sadly, it is looking to me like the show has turned its back on dancing and has become a popularity contest instead. To prove my point: The hip-hop dancer Comfort was inexplicably kept on longer than she should have been and was finally voted off a couple weeks ago with some very cogent comments about her glaring lack of dance skill and technique outside of the hip-hop/crumping genre. Now all of a sudden she is back, ostensibly because another dancer, Jessica, has sustained some injuries and must temporarily retire from competition. After a disastrous attempt at a waltz, Comfort was given a hip-hop number to perform, at which (no surprise) she excelled. She squeaked through to become one of the final eight contestants beating out another dancer, charismatic Kherrigan, who, until the last episode, was pretty much flawless and a great performer. Kherrigan does not deserve to go down! She could literally dance rings around Comfort. So, I must conclude that this show is no longer about dancing. It really seems to me that someone behind the scenes for whatever reason is gunning for Comfort, despite the fact that she leaves a lot to be desired as a dancer. I think the producers of So You Think You Can Dance need to re-think their present course and bring back the integrity that was so apparent until recently. I have been watching this show with my nine-year-old daughter who has herself been dancing for five years (ballet, jazz, tap and acro). She lives for dancing, and even at her tender age she can see that Comfort is not up to scratch. It is very hard to explain to a starry-eyed, dance-mad nine-year-old why a superb dancer like Kherrigan gets knocked out of the competition by a lesser dancer. What's this biased judging teaching aspiring dancers like my little girl? Not to try? Excellence doesn't matter? You're doomed before you start so don't bother? It's so obvious Comfort brings the whole level of dancing on the show down, down, down. Producers, please take the high road. I assure you, your show will still be loved and enjoyed by millions if you keep the show about dancing, not popularity. Thank you for letting me have my say.
    HamiltonNance (rhymes with "Dance"!) in Canada
  • 10 Seasons and still the best show on television

This show, although a competition, is really about getting to watch incredible dancers perform amazing, Emmy award winning routines. Yes, your favorite dancer does not always win. And yes, sometimes the judges comments can be irritating. But, I LOVE what this show is and what it represents. I am blessed that in the midst of mindless television drama there is a program that celebrates the talents of real individuals and promotes art in such a stunning display of athleticism.
  • give us the best of the best

Dear Nigel & Company: Once this season is over (Season 10) PLEASE provide us a DVD of the "best of the best" routines over the first 10 seasons. There have been some that were so memorable I don't want to ever forget them. Also, if I were a dancer I wouldn't really care about a critique from some sitcom actor. I mean, who cares that some dippy, trippy actress thinks everyone is wonderful. I would want to hear how I can improve from another dancer or a choreographer (Christina Applegate is an exception - she's knowledgeable about dance). It was great to see Kenny Ortega last week and Debbie Allen this week. I personally miss Little C and where oh where is Mia.
  • I love it~! Constant surprises. ":) Hope it continues to be shown every year.

Every year when I see "So you think you can dance" it absolutely amazes me on how the dances can move their bodies in such a way and the emotions that seems to leap from the screen and slap you in the face to leave you speechless for at least ten(10) minutes at a time.

I think a Program like this is very important in our world of chaos. Besides the lights, music, Judges and fancy costumes, I think it's more than that. It shows the basic structure of what makes us human, celebration, expressionism, passion, enlightenment, commitment, sadness, happiness. These are "true" emotions that we hardly get to see on our screens today.

I would definitely rather see the raw emotions on "So you think you can dance" as opposed to a billion dollar Block Buster Film with award winning actors.

It's also great for the Community, Cultural understanding, personal achievement and yes it is extremely all round great viewing. A show that I hope will be around for my children to appreciate and maybe someday be on if they themselves choose the art of dance.
  • A hidden gem among reality shows.

SYTYCD should hardly be considered a reality show. It is like a real dance competition. I have a great deal of respect for many of the people on this show and what they do. It deserves more viewers than it has. The atheletism, stamina and focus it takes to be a dancer is comparable to professional atheletes and should be respected as much. It is incredibly entertaining, moving, funny; just totally dynamic to watch. It's unique because it takes dancers gifted in their own styles and has them compete in mostly different styles of dance. It takes alot of true earned talent to do. The choreography is really excellent and to pair it with a variety of dancers creates something magical to watch. It shows growth in skill and as a person which also makes it interesting to follow. I can't wait until next year I love this show.
  • Finding out who is America's Favorite Dancer. Past winners include Nick Lazzareni, Benji Schwimmer, and Sabra Johnson.

This show combines so many great elements of comedy, drama, and just pure fun. This show is just one of the best reality shows that is on television. I never really watched this until season three, but now i completely love this show. The whole idea reminds me of American Idol, but instead this has dance instead of having people sing for all of their votes. So...yea...i really do not have any thing else to say, so i think that im just going to ramble. I L O V E T H I S S H O W! Y E A!
  • Dancers go through a series of tough auditions to demonstrate versatility in most dance styles. The Top 20 go on to dance on tv and are voted for by viewers. Eliminations take place until one is crowned America's Favorite Dancer.

I'll take this show over "American Idol" anyday. Many untrained singers have gone very far in American Idol, and the winners(and many finalists) go on to successful singing careers. However, with So You Think You Can Dance, the winners don't get much publicity, and it takes years of training for the contestants to make the Top 20. I appreciate the hard work and dedication of these talented dancers. Dancing also entertains me, even though I don't dance at all. These people dont' have natural talent, they worked hard for it and deserve to show off what they have learned. Although some of it seems a little rigged in order for some contestants to get more votes, it's a great show!!
  • So you think you can dance?

As a dancer myself, this show has become a personal favorite. I'm so amazed by how good some of these people are. I've just got into it in the fourth season, and I think I came at the optimal time. The dances are fabulously choreographed and danced, mostly, to perfection. I've learned a lot from just watching them, and I'm totally inspired. I've wanted to make my own routines more interesting and dynamic, and this has shown me how much I could do with my body. True, the judge Mary is very annoying, with her loud voice, but she's a small price to pay to watch these really great dancers.
  • Love, love, love

I love this show! It's always the highlight of me week. I am starting to get just a little upset with the elimination process however. The guys are all so solid. Losing Gev was a huge blow to my heart, but I would have been sad to see Mark leave as well. It's tough to call, but I think there will be a male winner this year. I can actually see it coming down to Will and either Chelsie or Katee. It seems like this season is flying by as opposed to last year. Just so you know, there are weekly recaps over at SpunkyBean.com. Here's a link to their latest: http://www.spunkybean.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=546&Itemid=135
  • Turn off the audience screaming!

Hearing the audience scream during the performance is distracting and frankly ruins a lot of really good performances for me. I want to focus on the dancing and hearing the music and get lost in it all. Hearing a bunch of girls scream every time something great happens just totally takes me out of the moment. Even Nigel has mentioned it several times a couple weeks ago. Just turn off the microphones for the audience during the performance, it adds nothing. If you don't believe me, take a vote. I can't imagine many people actually think it adds something. Please stop, it's ruining the show for me that I really love.
  • A very good dancing show.

This show has come a long way since its beginnings... I can't even remenber the dancers from season one! But since season two, the dancers who come throught the show are just amazing. some of the dances are just AMAZING!!! I'm happy that the show has given a chance to dancers, my friend is a dancer and I can see how hard it can be to live by your talent.

I'm also happy that SYTYCD is a summer show, because every thing is off for the season and this is a great replacement, but why change it to fall?? Now I hace to much to watch!
  • Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!!

I used to love this show but now that season 6 is over and they announced the winner I am totally disappointed and just cannot undestand how ignorant they think Americans are. This show must be rigged. This result is humanly impossible...America got gipped! Jacob should have won. Russel is a very avarage dancer and connot compare to the magical Jacob. Russel should have come in third place, maybe...This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. What poohh!I am in disbeleif...When will justice overcome crime...I feel Jacob got robbed. I know I am just mumbeling away not but this is wrong in many ways.
  • dance competition??

seems to me you change the rules for those with good talent but not overall good dancers..really!

easy breezy choriography and peachy judging..never criticism..really! amazing dancers go home and one stays who smiles like honey but not a good overall dancer at all really!! you gonna loose us as we notice you cater to some every year..it is a dance competion so quit changing to rules to suit someone YOU want! we feel like your cheating behind the scene its just not believable anymore..really come on were not stupid!
  • Adecheke bashing night

The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show. The episode on Wednesday, August 4 was overkill on bashing Adecheke. Are the judges plotting to bring his confidence down? Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Their comments unnecessarily critical. If this kind of ganging up on dancers continues, I will stop watching the show.
  • True Dance competition

Have followed since season 1. To night WOW/omg. How do you pick someone? This whole show should get and Emmy. This years dancers...I have always voted. This year I can't pick between them. I am over joyed that there will be a gal and a guy. (Always should have been). The professionalism in dance, partnering, and music to choreography brought out everyone's best. Even the light hearted fun routines. For them to be able to dance with past (brilliant) participants is inspirational extra joy. Tonight was AWSOME ART!!!!! Seen the finale and the whole show should be nominated for an Emmy. This show doesn't get enough notoriety. Where is GMA and other info/talk who ha. These kids bleed themselves for this. I`d rather watch and ache with these upcomers than watch the comedy slash shows that only compete for the best 'come back` or crudity. THESE ARE THE NEW ARTISTS. LOVE IT!!!!
  • I just started looking @ So you think you can dance this season. I regret never looking @ this Reality Show. I never knew that people had that much talent dancing. I can't wait until September for Season 6! Lil' C is gorgeous!

I love "So You Think You Can Dance". I hope the show stays on for a looooonnnnggg time! It going to get better & better every year! I notice that alot of people don't like this reality show. I can not dance like those people do on T.V., but yet...I will not talk bad about them. They can dance their ASSES OFF! So who am I to judge or talk about them. People need to see the show for what it is & give the show & dancers their Props!!! Sound like HATERS to me! Can't wait For Season 6!
  • season 4 auditions: la

im sorry, i just love sytycd! another round of fun-filled auditions. was VERY disappointed seeing "sex" and the "golden whatever" back. do they honestly think they can dance? VERY happy when nigel called out "david". lol. hopefully now he'll get the picture and wont come back. but just out of curiousity, i'd love to see the golden guy's face. =P wasnt really excited about anyone except victor kim (who made it to choreography but not vegas) and that awesome popper at the very end. they were right, they did save the best for last. i really hope he can make all the way. i agree with nigel, he's my favorite of the entire competition.... so far. it's only just begun, and i cant wait til next week!
  • SEASON 4 is here, YEAHHHHHH!!! I love this show every part of it. Dancing with the stars and any other dance shows cannot touch SUTUCD(abbreviation of the shows name). All the SUTUCD fans out there let me hear u SCREAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I started watching SUTUCD in season 2 and i loved it then and i love it now. It truly is the GREATEST dance show that ever been on tv, and i am amped and fired up about this season. As much as i enjoy Dancing with the stars, especially the season with Stacy Keibler and she's from Baltimore where im from she should of won after all those 30s she pulled, So you think you can dance reigns supreme over all dance shows. The reason why I say this is because Nigel lythgoe and the rest of the crew, gives opportunities to anyone who auditions to help their dream of becoming a pro dancer become a reality. And that's why im big on this show and with all that said, I bid you adieu.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7