Soap

sasg_2

User Score: 2072

Soap Fan Reviews (26)

• TV Great

This is a must-see for all as it is literally TV history in the making. Do watch from the first episode as things can get complicated as the story continues, and one finds such satisfaction in the thoroughness and character development displayed in this all-too-short series.
    Fortunately I was in my mid-twenties when Soap hit the airwaves. I never missed an episode. This was as fascinating as The Sopranos. Just a heck of a lot more fun. The show broke new ground much as All in the Family, Maude, and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. We were treated for the first time to the realities of life around us as much as being highly entertained.
    The show is as relevant today as when it was first shown. Acting was superb, casting could not have been better, and you just had to fall in love with your favorite characters. So sad that some of the players have since passed on, but they left a legacy of some of the finest work that television had turned out to date. I still enjoy re-watching this series as some things never get old. Viewing accomplished actors at their best is surely a worthwhile and noble cause.