Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

BBC (ended 1978)

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Fan Reviews (3)

• A classic comedy

a very good and hilarious comedy on BBC Prime

" Mondays from 18 July at 13:30 CET
    Michael Crawford and Michele Dotrice star as Frank and Betty Spencer in ‘Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em’. The accident prone Frank Spencer turned Michael Crawford into a star. Frank is a naïve young man who fails to cope with life on almost every level, causing havoc or heart failure to anything or anyone receiving his well-meant attention. Betty is Frank’s long-suffering and ever-understanding wife, gently trying to protect Frank from himself and daughter Jessica from him.

Frank is the ultimate incompetent, a universal and timeless figure who portrays the mishaps that everyone believes might just happen to them."

[ ]
  • Great comedy

I first saw this series whilst staying at my grandparents place in england-they had it on video- and i enjoyed it immensely. a great show. i recently rewatched the entire series on 'great comedy classics' on seven and it is still funny. frank spencer is a hilarious and interesting character who seems accident prone but not stupid. unlike a griffin or simpson his clumsiness seems more of a character trait than a flaw... it seems that whatever happens to frank he keeps his character... betty is interesting and funny in that she is franks wife and seems rather stressed whereas frank, the one who faces most of the problems, is always cooler and always optimistic although he describes himsef rightly as a 'failure'... this show has many memorable and funny moments, and the stunts it is famous for seem quite a tv rarity and are very interesting. quite a good show allround.
  • Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

This is one of the best BBC classic comedys of the 70's. I must have seen every episode of this and it will always be funny. Frank Spencer on it makes me laugh out loud because he is a really funny man. I don't know why this show had to end because it is a classic and will always remain a classic.